What's up! ^^

kimcheee

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 20, 2013
Messages
23
Reaction score
6
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Hi everyone!

Nice to meet you!

My name is Jen or you can call me Jiyeon. I'm Korean and am fluent in the language. The next language I would like to learn is Japanese and hoping to become fluent in that too!

I love watching animes and reading mangas (obviously...^^;;)

I also like to play video games...mostly rpgs made by square enix (Final Fantasy series ^^b)
I like to role play with other people when i'm in that creative mood ^^

Aside from watching animes I also watch Korean dramas and listen to KPop most of the time.

I enjoy meeting new people who have the same interest as me so I hope to meet a lot of people here and make lots of friends!

See you guys around! ^^
 

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
Welcome!! :confetti

This is the best place for making new friends that's for sure...you just wait until the manhwa fans find this thread:p...do you read any manhwa?

And do you like western RPGs?
 

kimcheee

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 20, 2013
Messages
23
Reaction score
6
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Welcome!! :confetti

This is the best place for making new friends that's for sure...you just wait until the manhwa fans find this thread:p...do you read any manhwa?

And do you like western RPGs?
Nice to meet you! ^^
I don't read any manhwas...only mangas

I don't think i've played any western RPGs before...
 

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 17, 2012
Messages
7,072
Reaction score
5,797
Country
Marine Headquarters
Hey another newcomer; welcome on MH.
We seem to have common interests, so I will be looking forward to discussing with you in the forums.
Anyway what's your favourite anime/manga? Your favourite sport?
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
19,985
Reaction score
6,622
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Welcome, welcome :confetti

I have an uncanny attraction to emotional songs, so, do you know any in Korea?
Oh, by the way, enjoy your time around. You'll definitely love the atmosphere :^_^
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,757
Reaction score
26,043
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hi everyone!

Nice to meet you!

My name is Jen or you can call me Jiyeon. I'm Korean and am fluent in the language. The next language I would like to learn is Japanese and hoping to become fluent in that too!

I love watching animes and reading mangas (obviously...^^;;)

I also like to play video games...mostly rpgs made by square enix (Final Fantasy series ^^b)
I like to role play with other people when i'm in that creative mood ^^

Aside from watching animes I also watch Korean dramas and listen to KPop most of the time.

I enjoy meeting new people who have the same interest as me so I hope to meet a lot of people here and make lots of friends!

See you guys around! ^^
:love

Welcome to mangahelpers - glad to have you here.

Well - bene already asked what I was going to ask - :bene

What K dramas are you watching currently ? Did you watch secret garden, iris, swallow the sun ?
We have some gamers here as well, so you will get along really well.
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,757
Reaction score
26,043
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Welcome kimchee :party

Beware of Charlie :gwah *runs away*
Aye

Alls i needed to hear was, reads and understands fluent Korean.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
You're ruining my awesome title for me :notrust
 

kimcheee

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 20, 2013
Messages
23
Reaction score
6
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Hey another newcomer; welcome on MH.
We seem to have common interests, so I will be looking forward to discussing with you in the forums.
Anyway what's your favourite anime/manga? Your favourite sport?
i have so many favorites! Rurouni Kenshin, Gundam Seed & Destiny, Kaichou wa Maid-sama, InuxBoku SS...these are a couple that i like ^^
i like to play basketball and volleyball

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

Welcome, welcome :confetti

I have an uncanny attraction to emotional songs, so, do you know any in Korea?
Oh, by the way, enjoy your time around. You'll definitely love the atmosphere :^_^
I know a lot of emotional Korean songs...i listen to a lot of them
you should probably check out Lyn, Park Jung Hyun, Kim Bum Soo, Wheesung, K.Will, Baek Ji Young...these are a few

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

:love

Welcome to mangahelpers - glad to have you here.

Well - bene already asked what I was going to ask - :bene

What K dramas are you watching currently ? Did you watch secret garden, iris, swallow the sun ?
We have some gamers here as well, so you will get along really well.
I'm actually not watching at the moment cause the dramas that are currently released don't really interest me...the last dramas that I watched was Vampire Prosecutor 2 and A Gentleman's Dignity
I've watched Secret Garden and Iris but not Swallow the Sun...can you recommend some dramas that's been out recently?

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

Welcome kimchee :party

Beware of Charlie :gwah *runs away*
thanks for the welcome goldb! nice to meet you ^^
and thanks for the warning? ^^;;
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,757
Reaction score
26,043
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Cuz I have a habit of promoting manhwa series -

I seen some episodes of this one Cheer up Mr Kim and so far I'm loving it.

Swallow the sun is pre - Iris and if you liked Iris - you will most likely heart that one.

And for secret garden i like this song a lot

I haven't seen those you mentioned but Vamp P was Japanese i saw a bit but dropped it

I did see one K drama called Prosecutor princess though - lol
 
Last edited by a moderator:

kimcheee

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 20, 2013
Messages
23
Reaction score
6
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Cuz I have a habit of promoting manhwa series -

I seen some episodes of this one Cheer up Mr Kim and so far I'm loving it.

Swallow the sun is pre - Iris and if you liked Iris - you will most likely heart that one.

And for secret garden i like this song a lot

I haven't seen those you mentioned but Vamp P was Japanese i saw a bit but dropped it

I did see one K drama called Prosecutor princess though - lol
oh~ so you promote manhwas...

secret garden was pretty good but i don't think it's a drama i can watch again ^^;;
the fact that they switched bodies kind of weirded me out >.<
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,757
Reaction score
26,043
Gender
Male
Country
United States
oh~ so you promote manhwas...

secret garden was pretty good but i don't think it's a drama i can watch again ^^;;
the fact that they switched bodies kind of weirded me out >.<
Yes, the body switching element was weird but at least it didn't have the stereotypical guy or girl ex or what have you, plotting against the main lead that comes into picture from mid to half through he plot.

I liked this factor or simple form compared to the normal or standard format that is generally used or over used -

Secret garden was pretty straightford minus the magic elements.
Although it also has the bad 'cold rich guy' meets innocent woman who changes him, etc. What can you do - can't over nitpick I guess.

But you need to see swallow the sun for sure - its pretty good.

oh~ so you promote manhwas...
Yes, you can say that.

:XD -
 

kimcheee

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 20, 2013
Messages
23
Reaction score
6
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Yes, the body switching element was weird but at least it didn't have the stereotypical guy or girl ex or what have you, plotting against the main lead that comes into picture from mid to half through he plot.

I liked this factor or simple form compared to the normal or standard format that is generally used or over used -

Secret garden was pretty straightford minus the magic elements.
Although it also has the bad 'cold rich guy' meets innocent woman who changes him, etc. What can you do - can't over nitpick I guess.

But you need to see swallow the sun for sure - its pretty good.
Yes, you can say that.

:XD -
I guess I'll give the drama a try when i get the chance :)
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,757
Reaction score
26,043
Gender
Male
Country
United States
By the time you get the chance you will have forgotten about it.
Are you familiar with this song?

 
Last edited by a moderator:

kimcheee

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 20, 2013
Messages
23
Reaction score
6
Gender
Female
Country
United States
By the time you get the chance you will have forgotten about it.
Are you familiar with this song?

i've seen the video before...i didn't know what to think after i watched it -.-;;
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,120
Reaction score
20,234
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Welcome. :hi

What are your favorite Korean Movies?
Who are your favorite Korean Actresses?

I am a fan of Korean Romance-Comedy and Romance-Drama
such as: My Sassy Girl, The Classic, Lovers' Concerto, A Moment to Remember

My favorite Korean Actresses are: Son Ye Jin, Kim Tae Hee, Lee Min Jung, and Jeon Ji Hyun :hearts
 
Last edited:

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,757
Reaction score
26,043
Gender
Male
Country
United States
i've seen the video before...i didn't know what to think after i watched it -.-;;

The comments on you-tube from what I remember said it was ture at some of the parts the mention.
Like the disappearing letters for example - My younger sibling taught himself to read the letters / alphabets and can read the texts.
He told me the same thing as well. While the alphabets were low there was a lot of double constants or something to that nature. I myself am not familiar with all that. Just one example - but the song over all is kind of nice-fun humor.
 

kimcheee

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 20, 2013
Messages
23
Reaction score
6
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Welcome. :hi

What are your favorite Korean Movies?
Who are your favorite Korean Actresses?

I am a fan of Korean Romance-Comedy and Romance-Drama
such as: My Sassy Girl, The Classic, Lovers' Concerto, A Moment to Remember

My favorite Korean Actresses are: Son Ye Jin, Kim Tae Hee, Lee Min Jung, and Jeon Ji Hyun :hearts
thanks for the welcome! nice to meet you!

well i don't watch a lot of korean movies but i watched all the movies that you mentioned but right now i'm totally obsessed with A Werewolf Boy. I don't think i can ever get tired of that movie! :D

favorite actresses...hmm...i like Kim Hye Soo, Park Bo Young, Ha Ji Won, Lee Da Hae and a couple others

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

The comments on you-tube from what I remember said it was ture at some of the parts the mention.
Like the disappearing letters for example - My younger sibling taught himself to read the letters / alphabets and can read the texts.
He told me the same thing as well. While the alphabets were low there was a lot of double constants or something to that nature. I myself am not familiar with all that. Just one example - but the song over all is kind of nice-fun humor.
yeah~ i'm sure it was made for entertainment purposes
 
Top