Question When Will Gon find Ging?

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Will Togashi conclude HxH when Gon finds Ging? I personally don't believe so. I think Ging will be found at the beginning of the final arc, so he can play a role in the conclusion of the series. Gon is essentially hunting his father, I doubt he will be introduced until the series is near it's end.
 

KuwabaraTheMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
897
Reaction score
46
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: When Will Gon find Ging

Yeah, I doubt Gon finds him for quite some time. Once he do, it will probably be when the series is starting to be wrapped up, and that still seems like its a long way off to me.
 

DLord.Van.Buuren

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2010
Messages
1,716
Reaction score
1,226
Gender
Hidden
Country
Japan
Re: When Will Gon find Ging

BTW isnt it gin without g in the end .

i think gon wont find his father soon , tho i cant imagine how , and by the way if the earth was to be destroyed isnt everybody gin among them responsible to protect it .
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: When Will Gon find Ging

There was a big thing at the end of the GI arc that it's spelt Ging, the anagram of Nigg. Pronounced like the first syllable of "jingle", which is why before they gave the romanization it was written "Jin".
 

ghost305

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 22, 2010
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: When Will Gon find Ging

it could be a long time since the world of HxH is so vast. The main characters are still young so I think there are lot of avenues to explore.
 

ish3

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2007
Messages
455
Reaction score
143
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: When Will Gon find Ging

Nah. I think that when he finds Ging it will have to be only without Killua. Maybe he'll find a way for it to work but I don't see.Gon isn't strong enough for that right now. Even so whether he's strong or not seems to me when Ging is found that would be the halfway point or 60 percent near the end. My reason being Gon may want to find his father but what about his profession? I would love for that to flesh out his character as a adult possible in the near future. Possibly the final character or second to final one is Gon's father.

Also if Gon's father is just double star hunter and he's one of the top 5 strongest nen users who are the other 4? Don't forget there are triple star users too.

Currently I see 2 arcs in place after the end of the chimera ant arc. Where Gon recovers his nen on some new land. Or, he meets Jairo and that will develop into something else. Honestly he might not meet him for a few more years.
 

Jack Van Burace

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 23, 2006
Messages
3,134
Reaction score
2,325
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: When Will Gon find Ging

I think Gon will meet him after regaining his Nen, but not yet at the end. Correct me if I'm mistaken, but isn't a star given to people who contribute largely to mankind? Isn't Gon gonna get a star if he's responsible for defeating the ants?

Pretty soon I think they'll meet. Not now of course, but Gin will end up being a person to help Gon's growth, not the ultimate goal.
 

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: When Will Gon find Ging

I don't know, we know little about Gin. I think his final task to prove that his on the Top 5 as well is to find him. And Gin will help Gon to defeat something else. Who knows.

I'm also interested on Gin profession because it means ruins, and old ruins always have something really interesting for any series.
 

Syphilias

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2009
Messages
93
Reaction score
13
Age
38
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: When Will Gon find Ging

I thought it was Jin?

It sounds cliche, but usually cliche isn't that bad. It's probably going to go something like this:

> Gon meets his dad, everyone is all emotional, blah blah

> Either Gon and Jin team up to fight the current villain, or maybe the "main" storyline with the Kurapika spider people... man I need to read the series again...

> OR!!!! Jin turns out to be fundamentally different than Gon, with different goals and values, and he either leaves or...

>> Gon has to kill Jin for SOME reason...

OR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>>> they all live happily ever after, there is no real conclusion and it is assumed that they just continue on their random adventures, leaving togashi with MANY options to continue the manga, hehe.


EDIT: Yes, I scanned through chapter 1 and his name is indeed "Jin."
 
Last edited:

Dive

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2009
Messages
321
Reaction score
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: When Will Gon find Ging

I'm also interested on Gin profession because it means ruins, and old ruins always have something really interesting for any series.
He should be an archeological hunter, or something very similar.

As for when Gon will find him? Not any time soon. The HxH world is so vast, and the cast is so young. Even if Togashi decides to not explore anything new, it still won't be soon. The series just hit 300 chapters, but if Togashi takes his time to tie every loose end that is around, it could probably extend into another 200 chapters. Might be a hyperbole, but eh.
 

Fox666

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
7,007
Reaction score
4,650
Country
Galactic Empire
Re: When Will Gon find Ging

How much will HxH last? I have the impression that the series is still at the beggining. If you compare to Yuyu Hakusho, the characters are just kids, and constantly under development, so I suppose the author created it to last very long...
 

Syphilias

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2009
Messages
93
Reaction score
13
Age
38
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: When Will Gon find Ging

oh sorry guys, it is Ging! I just finished GI and I saw what you were talking about earlier in the thread.

They had a whole couple of panels(pages maybe?) of talking about their names being included in the spelling of Greed Island or something like that. NIGG was Ging's name on the accompany thing...

I need to get better at reading the descriptions on the cards... Also I couldn't make out a couple of the katakana readings for some of them because it was all crammed in... I guess I could look up the kanji...

I think I'm doing all right in my japanese study, actually. I started doing kanji study again. I write down a bunch of kanji with their on/kun readings which include the same radical. For example, today I've been doing left-right kanji which start with 女(onna/female) on the left side. Doing this helps me understand the makings of kanji and compounds and such.
 

Shinichiro

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 30, 2008
Messages
33
Reaction score
60
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: When Will Gon find Ging

Kaito was always introduced as a conduit to Gin. He's been seen as a major stop on the road that would eventually reach to Gon's father. Since Kaito's dead, Gin's probably going to make an appearance sooner or later...

Plus SOMEONE has to take care of the ants. And the author has spent so much time building the king up to be somewhat sympathetic that it won't be some cold-blooded execution. We've been told that Gin has the charisma to reform people, to alter the course of their lives...introducing Gin and the king seems like the perfect way to wrap up the arc...

So my prediction is that we get at least a glimpse of Gin in the next 50 chapters and he's used to tie up the Chimera Ant arc, but we don't REALLY get to interact with him and have our questions all answered until much later.
 

Syphilias

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2009
Messages
93
Reaction score
13
Age
38
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: When Will Gon find Ging

remember what Kaito was doing at the beginning of the arc? He was a teacher of a bunch of young animal researchers. At the beginning of the series, Gon had a strong tie with the kitsune guma (fox-bear). The series seemed to went away from that to develop the characters' nen abilities, but maybe the series will get back to its roots? Plus, when is the last time Gon used his fishing pole? There are always drawings of him with it but he only really used it once.
 

Shinichiro

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 30, 2008
Messages
33
Reaction score
60
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: When Will Gon find Ging

remember what Kaito was doing at the beginning of the arc? He was a teacher of a bunch of young animal researchers. At the beginning of the series, Gon had a strong tie with the kitsune guma (fox-bear). The series seemed to went away from that to develop the characters' nen abilities, but maybe the series will get back to its roots? Plus, when is the last time Gon used his fishing pole? There are always drawings of him with it but he only really used it once.
The comparison between the Kitsune-guma and the chimera ants is actually really interesting, now that you bring it up...recurring patterns.

Last time, Gon's actions put himself and Kaito in danger. Fortunately, it was a kid-sized danger and a real adult was able to clean it up.

This time, however, Kaito and Gon are on more level footing and just any old adult won't do. Cue Gin.

Last time, a wild animal was lashing out at humanity and needed to be dealt with, yet Kaito did it and showed regret...as a result, Gon ended up raising the kit and becoming friends with it. I can see the same happening here.
 

twasdfzxcv

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 22, 2010
Messages
46
Reaction score
10
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: When Will Gon find Ging

Gon won't find Ging. Gon finding Ging won't have any purpose or meaning to the story. What can Ging contribute to the story that other random high level hunter can't achieve? Gon has no mental trauma or abandonment issue caused by Ging's leaving, therefore introduce Ging would not have developed Gon's character any further. It might trigger some character development in Killua, which would be interesting, but he's not the main character. On the other hand, Gon finding Ging would mean the purpose of hunter x hunter would disappear, hence the only time Gon would find Ging is at the very end of hunter x hutner or at least the Gon story portion of hunter x hunter.

Ging is the magical macguffin of hxh, the revelation of it is not important to the story. Same as one piece in one piece, and naruto being hokage in naruto. And I dunno wtf bleach is doing.
 

Syphilias

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2009
Messages
93
Reaction score
13
Age
38
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: When Will Gon find Ging

And I dunno wtf bleach is doing.

HAH!

Back on topic...

I guess I always understood that the end-goal is moot to the story as a whole, but I've never actually discussed it. It's funny you brought that up.

I, for one, would like to see all of the characters developed. Gon has always been an extremely patient character in the sense that he always has time for the other characters. Killua's backround has been established, showing his character, but I would like to see how Killua is influenced by being Gon's friend. This has been gradually happening, but a full blown arc about Killua would be insanely cool.

I think Gon would be off doing his own thing, and Killua, Reorio, and Kurapika would all team up.

Sounds cliche, but this is a cliche manga!
 

kayv

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 5, 2010
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Vietnam
Re: When Will Gon find Ging

i dont kknow when will gon meet ging but i guess it must contain for a long time to collect more exp to meet ging :X ... Wait for a long long long chapters nextttttt dayss
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,330
Reaction score
24,939
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Re: When Will Gon find Ging

I don't think gon will find gin. The author is going to die long before the story reaches a point where there is a chance for gon to meet gin. At the rate the manga is advancing it should take 150 years from now until it is completed. Togashi won't live that long.... Heck, apparently stress caused him to have chest pains and whatnot while he wrote yu yu hakusho (according to wikipedia at least). He is 44 and nearing his 50s with each passing day, I can't imagine him ever completing this manga.
 
Top