Where Do You Come From? | Page 28 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Where Do You Come From?

kiddo7

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Austria
Hey Rolland0,
I like your sig, it kinda reminds me of my own, only more elaborate.

rabb

Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Where do you come from? - discussion

if i wanted in my solid leet, itd be 73|-| 1337 /-/4><0|2 but in most leet, regular letters are mixed in at random points. so ill stick with my spelling. leet words are different, depending on those who use it. i dont think many people would say ph34r, for example.

and lil, it means "the leet (or elite) hacker"

kiddo7

Reaction score
Country
Austria

Yeah, leet-speak is a fun and dieing language, with very few set rules.

~Lilium~

Reaction score
Country
British Antarctic Territory

@kiddo: rabb has told me about that.... but i still don't understand it... :( *not that i wikied it* i'm just to lazy... :p maybe u should make a thread about that so you can teach people about it.... :p *just an idea*

@rabb: sorry u already, answered were u r moving.... but u still hadn't answered this one.
the l337 haxor?

rabb

Reaction score
Country
United States

@rabb: sorry u already, answered were u r moving....
"sorry u"? huh? and yeah i did >_>
and lil, it means "the leet (or elite) hacker"
as for moving.... *shrugs* i have no idea. somewhere nearby. Amsterdam, maybe. Rotterdam would be nice, closer to Albany, and several malls (I'd finally be within biking distance of a book store, anime toy store, and anime dvd store) but we might also go the other direction, and get closer to Utica. either way, we prolly wont go more than 50 miles.

yay, what towns are you guys stopping in?

greek_george

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Greece
I am another one from Greece, Athens.

[ichi]Added.[/ichi]

Last edited by a moderator:

~Lilium~

Reaction score
Country

we are stopping on random towns... we don't really know most of the time though we'll just be on the highway. I'm in Ashland, VA right now...

ur a hacker :blink really! wow! I know a hacker! :p

rabb

Reaction score
Country
United States

>_> not a hacker per se. well, actually, per se, i am one. hackers, originally referred to programmers; im a programmer that still refers to myself as a hacker. i dont know anything about attacking sites... but im sure with a little bit of practice i could. i saw a pic of a girl te other day with a shirt that said "will hack for sex" i want that shirt so bad ;-; unfortinatly, theres no real jobs around here for computer people, so my skills are becoming more outdated. most of the languages i know, no one uses any more. java is the only one that i know is still broadly in use.

Azurel

Reaction score
Country
Singapore

Since LiL is moving to Florida, you should take some pictures when you get there and post it here.. :p Maybe everyone should post some pictures of where they come from or are living at.. I would love to see how all those different places look like :nuts especially since I don't get to travel much, or at all :s

rabb

Reaction score
Country
United States

pictures of where we're from? XD RABB VISION!
fort plain, ~10 years ago, from satellite

tucson ~ 30 years ago, from helicopter. Those are the recon mountains, i think, in the background

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

And where do you live, rabb? That looks like a very crowded town. :D

~Lilium~

Reaction score
Country

rabb vision.... :oh that's google-earth isn't it....

I'll post pictures of the house we're moving at once i get there. Right now I'm at my aunt's' house. Which I must say is pretty nice and spacy! :XD

rabb

Reaction score
Country
United States

where i live? see west street? *points out the window* it ends right over there. the name of the street is practically on top of my house *doesn't want to get more specific than that* as for crowded, our population is roughly 2000. we're far from crawling over each other. we have... three traffic lights, for two intersections (one of them is a double intersection due to bad planing. actually, I'd chalk the entire town up to bad planing). we dont even have an exit ramp from the thruway. and people never leave here, either. these streets were named in fort plain's heyday back in the late 1800s, i know the Reids, the Wagners, the Crouses, the Hancocks, the Clarks, and the Gilberts. (oh god, im becoming a towny... must move...) and my family is an offshoot of the Nellises that founded Nelliston (dif name, of coarse. grandparents love genealogy). see on the bottom part of the map, where 5s has another road running parallel to it for a short while? that small area of land has a few shops and houses now, but a hundred years ago, it was part of the Erie canal. i doubt even the locals know that, though. *is a history buff; doesnt think highly of too many locals*

as for Tucson, of the four places i lived, u can only see (the area) that one of them was. in the upper left hand corner, housing for students of the university with families. the place was torn down a few years back though. you can see part of the campus in the lower left corner.

and no, lil, that isnt google earth. i dont like google. and most satellite views of the same area tend to look similar. actaully.... that pic is only 7-5 years old. the extension of the highschool is there, but the car dealership (thats twice the size of a (american) football feild) isnt.

luxxifer

Reaction score
Country
United States
From New York, not really that close to the big apple, closest to Buffalo? ever heard of it? or niagara falls? well just New Yorks fine

[ichi]Added to the 1st post[/ichi]:D

Azurel

Reaction score
Country
Singapore

the mountains look gorgeous! :nuts

PaperYomiko

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm from Rhode Island (USA) :amuse

Which is in fact a state, contrary to popular belief. No, it's not a part of New York. Yes, it is home to Peter Griffin, aka the Family Guy :XD

[ayah]Added. :thumbs for mentioning Peter Griffin *watches Family Guy*[/ayah]

rabb

Reaction score
Country
United States

you should see them with snow or a fire. far enough from the city, when there is a fire going, you can see the fire line from miles away. it's beautiful. hey az, since it was ur idea, are you gunna post some pix of ur area? that would be cool :p

yomiko, where in Rhode Island? two of my sisters were born there. they seem to like it. i personally think it should just be added to Connecticut. :kukuku small things are pointless and evil. which is how i know Christianity is evil: Vaticant City is the smallest country ever. it must be ruled by z0mbi3s or somethin....

and xx, good to see another upstater here :p

pseudorca

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
I came from Bandung, Indonesia
But I am currently in Wellington, New Zealand (sooo windy down here...)
hoping to add more countries into my list though ^^

[bax]Added[/bax]

PaperYomiko

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States

added to Connecticut?! Hell no!!! That's where all the summer traffic comes from *shudders* and New York is where all the leaf-peepers come from *double shudders* Besides, lots of Yankee's fans in those parts. Folks here would start a revolution again.

where in Rhode Island, you ask? Don't start stalking me now! :XD My family is from Newport (the big island) There's an episode about it in season 2 of family guy :D

ebonhawk

Reaction score
Country
Canada
right now in canada but originally from bombay, india and intend on going back very soon =P

Added ~ bax