- Joined
- Sep 4, 2008
- Messages
- 7,852
- Reaction score
- 4,153
- Age
- 41
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
It seems like having a sad backstory is almost a prerequesite to being a Strawhats.
And each one of them seems to have a sad story to tell (some way more sadder than other though...)
So, I was wondering what was the general consensus on which which Strawhats as the saddest back story?
Here's a quick list (I might have forgot some things, feel free to let me know).
I might add some pictures later on if I have some time.
Luffy
- Sabo's death
Zoro
- Kuina's death
Usopp
- His mother's death and his father leaving him.
Nami
- Her mother died, shot in the head right in front of her.
- She had to work for the murderer for years and start stealing to get money for him.
Sanji
- Stranded on a deserted island, he ate all the food while the captain almost starved to death.
Chopper
- After transforming into a hybrid, he was shunned by every deer.
- When he finally found someone to love, that person became sick and ended up dying from a poison that Chopper gave him.
Robin
- Everyone she knew as a kid was killed by the marines (including her mother).
- She's been targeted by the marines for 20 years, since she was 8 years old.
Franky
- His mentor died because of Franky's battle ships.
Brook
- His whole crew died one after the other
- He was stuck alone on a ship for 50 years, therefore breaking his promise to Laboon.
And each one of them seems to have a sad story to tell (some way more sadder than other though...)
So, I was wondering what was the general consensus on which which Strawhats as the saddest back story?
Here's a quick list (I might have forgot some things, feel free to let me know).
I might add some pictures later on if I have some time.
Luffy
- Sabo's death
Zoro
- Kuina's death
Usopp
- His mother's death and his father leaving him.
Nami
- Her mother died, shot in the head right in front of her.
- She had to work for the murderer for years and start stealing to get money for him.
Sanji
- Stranded on a deserted island, he ate all the food while the captain almost starved to death.
Chopper
- After transforming into a hybrid, he was shunned by every deer.
- When he finally found someone to love, that person became sick and ended up dying from a poison that Chopper gave him.
Robin
- Everyone she knew as a kid was killed by the marines (including her mother).
- She's been targeted by the marines for 20 years, since she was 8 years old.
Franky
- His mentor died because of Franky's battle ships.
Brook
- His whole crew died one after the other
- He was stuck alone on a ship for 50 years, therefore breaking his promise to Laboon.

