Discussion Which manga has the worst ending?

Who had the worst end?

  • Bleach

    Votes: 17 34.7%
  • Naruto

    Votes: 4 8.2%
  • Fairy Tail

    Votes: 26 53.1%
  • Other: tell us!

    Votes: 2 4.1%

  • Total voters
    49

Sakazuki

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2011
Messages
354
Reaction score
257
Gender
Hidden
Country
Brazil
Fairy Tail will be ending by the next 3 months (if there won't be any double issues) and after chapter 536 many are complaining how bad this final arc is.

So I started a pool with Naruto, Bleach and Fairy Tail, questioning who has the worst end. We currently don't know the final chapte of FT, still, those three mangas had many similarities in their endings: a war, a main antagonist from ancient times who has power to destroy the world.

EDIT: to be fair, I just added another option: "Other", so if yoy have other good example of bad conclusion, share with us.

So, please vote and share your reasons!
 
Last edited:

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 8, 2016
Messages
3,111
Reaction score
12,877
Age
32
Gender
Female
Country
Joker
How can you judge a manga before it ends? (even if 10 chapters are left)
 

Sakazuki

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2011
Messages
354
Reaction score
257
Gender
Hidden
Country
Brazil
How can you judge a manga before it ends? (even if 10 chapters are left)
Well, it's all about the journey. FT has 10 chapters left, the two main villains were defeated (were?) and we have a plenty questions still not answered.

I didn't need to read the final Bleach chapter to know how bad the conclusion would be.

But it's personnal tge criteria.
 

Ripcord

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2012
Messages
1,220
Reaction score
609
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I would say that even though Bleach was rushed, he was somewhat consistent. There was a little Deus Ex Machina with the silver arrowhead (though I believe that it was foreshadowed early in the manga with the dissection of Ishida's mom), and more Deus Ex Machina with the supposed "Dream" of Ichigo winning.

It's true that Fairy Tail has a few chapters left and I don't enjoy judging it so soon. Still, there has never been consistency of power/fights in the manga. So even though I voted for FT I would say this is a problem throughout the manga from it's fundamental principles.

Additionally, Acno being defeated by Ichya and not dragon slayers.... that's like -100000 pts right there. Not to say I don't love Ichya but he should have at least gone out screaming "MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!"
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
If you're gonna vote for Naruto vs these two you really gotta step up and justify it.....
 

Sakazuki

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2011
Messages
354
Reaction score
257
Gender
Hidden
Country
Brazil
I would say that even though Bleach was rushed, he was somewhat consistent. There was a little Deus Ex Machina with the silver arrowhead (though I believe that it was foreshadowed early in the manga with the dissection of Ishida's mom), and more Deus Ex Machina with the supposed "Dream" of Ichigo winning.

It's true that Fairy Tail has a few chapters left and I don't enjoy judging it so soon. Still, there has never been consistency of power/fights in the manga. So even though I voted for FT I would say this is a problem throughout the manga from it's fundamental principles.

Additionally, Acno being defeated by Ichya and not dragon slayers.... that's like -100000 pts right there. Not to say I don't love Ichya but he should have at least gone out screaming "MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!"
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
If you're gonna vote for Naruto vs these two you really gotta step up and justify it.....
Naruto's ending wasn't that bad as some people say, it wasn't just good either. I included it bevause those three are very similar (protagonist with weird hair colour, a war un the final arc, bromance and conflict between the main protagonist and his best friend who has dark hair) and lot of things that were never explained.
 

Ripcord

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2012
Messages
1,220
Reaction score
609
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Naruto's ending wasn't that bad as some people say, it wasn't just good either. I included it bevause those three are very similar (protagonist with weird hair colour, a war un the final arc, bromance and conflict between the main protagonist and his best friend who has dark hair) and lot of things that were never explained.

I don't dispute it being on this list and understand your reasoning. Someone voted for it and I'm really curious why. I have my reasons why it was worse than it could have been, but it was certainly better than this FT ending IMO.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
The way I see it, Naruto's war had many flaws and lows, but not as many as FT. Conversely the 4th Shinobi War had more highs than Alvarez.

I think if FT had 10 perfect chapters to go, it still wouldn't top Naruto's ending. Both were underwhelming compared to how the series started (obviously).
 

Damon blevins

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2016
Messages
161
Reaction score
185
Age
35
Country
United States
Fair tail obviously... It's not even a competition at this point. Could you imagine seeing Madara getting beaten by a joke character like kiba... That's what just happened to Acnologia.
 

**Silver**

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2016
Messages
1,107
Reaction score
942
Age
36
Country
Finland
Fair tail obviously... It's not even a competition at this point. Could you imagine seeing Madara getting beaten by a joke character like kiba... That's what just happened to Acnologia.
yeah Madara actually stomped his opponents and his hype level was justified... Acnologia is currently another joke character how anyone can defend this story development anymore ???

but yeah Fairytail definitely has the most retard ending no contest...
 

strikefreedom

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2017
Messages
2,420
Reaction score
3,484
Age
34
Country
France
As far as I'm concerned, the war is equal.

For naruto:

There 's no "" enough "symbolic fight, neji against his father, fighting 7 abducted swordsman etc.

But for this war I do not understand why people hate it at this point.

For its end, its not going because its will have to be madara the final combat and not kaguya that we will have to see in the film "" the last "".

And like this one goes directly to 20 years later, I will see a little further, which was completed by the novels, but I would have liked to see it in the manga.

For bleach:

The problem is the ridiculous deaths, kensei and rose killed like that is ridiculous at will, the final battle rushed and bacled, the unanswered yet unimpressive questions, the king of the spirit, the past of juha, who is alive who is dead .

I would have liked to see a little more before going in the future.

For FT:

The problem is the fight too short, we do not go beyond the 3 chapter and suddenly the battle the fight, there would have to be at least 1-2 more chapter, not all that erza -ajeel was nikel , Nothing to complain about, but kind inhvel -gray is too quickly dispatched.

But in contrast unlike naruto we do not have an enemy that will be pointed like that like kaguya, unless ANK is pointing.

And a bleach, we will not have hundreds of unanswered questions, to know who is alive or dead.

It remains 10 chapter so I hope that the last fight against acno will be cool, and that the final is beautiful.

And then for one piece, we'll see if it's the same path as them, already that it's on the decline too, we'll see.
 

Sakazuki

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2011
Messages
354
Reaction score
257
Gender
Hidden
Country
Brazil
As far as I'm concerned, the war is equal.

For naruto:

There 's no "" enough "symbolic fight, neji against his father, fighting 7 abducted swordsman etc.

But for this war I do not understand why people hate it at this point.

For its end, its not going because its will have to be madara the final combat and not kaguya that we will have to see in the film "" the last "".

And like this one goes directly to 20 years later, I will see a little further, which was completed by the novels, but I would have liked to see it in the manga.

For bleach:

The problem is the ridiculous deaths, kensei and rose killed like that is ridiculous at will, the final battle rushed and bacled, the unanswered yet unimpressive questions, the king of the spirit, the past of juha, who is alive who is dead .

I would have liked to see a little more before going in the future.

For FT:

The problem is the fight too short, we do not go beyond the 3 chapter and suddenly the battle the fight, there would have to be at least 1-2 more chapter, not all that erza -ajeel was nikel , Nothing to complain about, but kind inhvel -gray is too quickly dispatched.

But in contrast unlike naruto we do not have an enemy that will be pointed like that like kaguya, unless ANK is pointing.

And a bleach, we will not have hundreds of unanswered questions, to know who is alive or dead.

It remains 10 chapter so I hope that the last fight against acno will be cool, and that the final is beautiful.

And then for one piece, we'll see if it's the same path as them, already that it's on the decline too, we'll see.
One Piece is still far from ending, I think that we have at least 6 more years, and probably it will be more. I don't see yet a decline in Oda's writing, and he is a better author than Mashima, Kubo or Kishimoto.
 

strikefreedom

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2017
Messages
2,420
Reaction score
3,484
Age
34
Country
France
One Piece is still far from ending, I think that we have at least 6 more years, and probably it will be more. I don't see yet a decline in Oda's writing, and he is a better author than Mashima, Kubo or Kishimoto.
I was talking about the Marineford War for one piece, for the comparison with the other.

And if unfortunately one piece is well on the decline, already by the fact that many people prefers the 1 st parts of one piece, the new bow that are remake of the 1 st, dressrosa that has fanned the other mugi Which are not exploited and forgotten.

And then it is the opinion of the people, from that fear that one piece does and end up as naruto, bleach and fairy tail.

But it is the future that will tell us.
 

Damon blevins

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2016
Messages
161
Reaction score
185
Age
35
Country
United States
I was talking about the Marineford War for one piece, for the comparison with the other.

And if unfortunately one piece is well on the decline, already by the fact that many people prefers the 1 st parts of one piece, the new bow that are remake of the 1 st, dressrosa that has fanned the other mugi Which are not exploited and forgotten.

And then it is the opinion of the people, from that fear that one piece does and end up as naruto, bleach and fairy tail.

But it is the future that will tell us.
Who in the world prefers the opening parts of one piece? The best parts of op are water 7/ lobby and marineford.
 

petto

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 7, 2017
Messages
52
Reaction score
96
Age
31
Country
Estonia
Gantz
 

strikefreedom

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2017
Messages
2,420
Reaction score
3,484
Age
34
Country
France
Who in the world prefers the opening parts of one piece? The best parts of op are water 7/ lobby and marineford.
Many people if we believe the polls on the net.

Many say that skypea is much like the island of fish men as an example.

Other will want to see again the bow like enies lobbi or impel down.

Alabasta is more appreciated than dressrosa.

Otherwise as a rotten end, the END of evangelion and also the end of the manga which is not great.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,855
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Worst endings? Man, there have been some bad ones.

It's kind of controversial but I'd actually say Bleach's ending was better than Naruto's. Neither was a Mass Effect 3 level of terrible. Both just weren't very good and were made worse by the fact that before they ended they were stuck in 100+ chapter war arcs that were the worst parts of each series respectively. Which is not exactly going out on a high note.

Bleach's actually wasn't bad for being ultra-rushed IMO. The actual content of that wasn't bad at all and the final bit that was a call back to the start of the series was a good ending point. It was just too compressed and rushed to work well. I give it like a 4/10

Naruto's problem was that it didn't end. It treated attempting to start a Naruto sequel as an epilogue. For the story and characters of Naruto we got zero payoff. It was just like "Hey, forget about those old characters. Here are their descendants!" Starting another series is not a resolution of the previous one. It's just not. That irks me far more than the Bleach rush job. It'd give it like a 3/10

There are a lot of comparable disappointing endings like that out there though, Histories Strongest Disciple Kenichi, Hitman Reborn, Mx0, Defense Devil, and the list goes on and on.

--------------------------------------------

If your looking for the real garbage endings though. The mangas you need to be talking about, in my opinion, are Tenjou Tenge and Air Gear. Two manga's from the same author, "Oh! Great".

Those ending are just foul. I mean, unspeakably bad. Not just rushed or sloppy or unsatisfying. It's like the author goes batshit insane.

If I had to pick which is worse, I guess I'd go Tenjou Tenge. Because the main character transforms into a giant floating fetus... Yup, that is a thing that happens. But the fact that it's not clearly worse than Air Gear's ending should tell you all you need to know about that one.
 
Last edited:

Ripcord

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2012
Messages
1,220
Reaction score
609
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Worst endings? Man, there have been some bad ones.

It's kind of controversial but I'd actually say Bleach's ending was better than Naruto's. Neither was a Mass Effect 3 level of terrible. Both just weren't very good and were made worse by the fact that before they ended they were stuck in 100+ chapter war arcs that were the worst parts of each series respectively. Which is not exactly going out on a high note.

Bleach's actually wasn't bad for being ultra-rushed IMO. The actual content of that wasn't bad at all and the final bit that was a call back to the start of the series was a good ending point. It was just too compressed and rushed to work well. I give it like a 4/10

Naruto's problem was that it didn't end. It treated attempting to start a Naruto sequel as an epilogue. For the story and characters of Naruto we got zero payoff. It was just like "Hey, forget about those old characters. Here are their descendants!" Starting another series is not a resolution of the previous one. It's just not. That irks me far more than the Bleach rush job. It'd give it like a 3/10

There are a lot of comparable disappointing endings like that out there though, Histories Strongest Disciple Kenichi, Hitman Reborn, Mx0, Defense Devil, and the list goes on and on.

--------------------------------------------

If your looking for the real garbage endings though. The mangas you need to be talking about, in my opinion, are Tenjou Tenge and Air Gear. Two manga's from the same author, "Oh! Great".

Those ending are just foul. I mean, unspeakably bad. Not just rushed or sloppy or unsatisfying. It's like the author goes batshit insane.

If I had to pick which is worse, I guess I'd go Tenjou Tenge. Because the main character transforms into a giant floating fetus... Yup, that is a thing that happens. But the fact that it's not clearly worse than Air Gear's ending should tell you all you need to know about that one.
I can understand your disdain for Naruto feeling like it was set up for a sequel, or at least that the sequel dilutes the original a bit. It's similar to the response one should give when someone says "in the third Matrix movie..." and you say "there is only one Matrix movie" :chair. I tried reading Boruto.... I just can't. It's just a cheap imitation. Ok I read it like when you eat something your new girlfriend cooked that tastes terrible... you keep eating it hoping it'll get better as you go along.

I suppose when I look at Naruto and Bleach they both had a lot of unanswered questions and Naruto's had a villain that kinda came out of nowhere with a lot of Deus Ex Machina too (Kakashi and Susanoo.... I love Kakashi but....). Maybe I answered the question wrong...because I weighed Naruto's ending as a part of the entire manga and felt it was more consistent through than Bleach had been. Still I can't argue Naruto was a great ending.

I know it's off topic (sorry) and you can send me a pm if you want rather than answer me here, or start a new thread. Any manga out there with amazing endings? I have high hopes for Tower of God!
 

Luca Blight

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 13, 2017
Messages
191
Reaction score
449
Age
37
Country
Vatican City State
Kira didn't die

Nor did Nemu

Once again, quit being such edge lords. The deaths themselves aren't what's important
Edit: My post contains **SPOILERS** from Naruto and Bleach in regards to Nemu and Hinata.

Nemu did die, though. That's like saying Kikyo hadn't died because she existed in the form of Kagome. True, there is bitter-sweetness to be felt when someone we care for is recreated/reincarnated, but is it really them when their memories are gone and personalities changed? Try playing NieR Automata, it neatly -and brutally- explores this subject.

I partially agree on false deaths can have an impact, but even that much is virtually nonexistent in Fairy Tail. Whenever a character "dies", everyone, barring a few gullible teenagers, spontaneously presumes it's false (And you can't blame them, because they're right every-time) I and many other readers feared that by the time we realized that Juvia's death is real, the impact would have already been gone. So even actual deaths are relatively meaningless here due to the status quo, expectations, and lack of build up.

Hinata's "death" was very well handled; be it in the the build up, finally confessing her feelings, and the fact that her murderer did kill a major character (whom happened to be my favorite in the entire series) that was bound to have some impact despite the high chances of being false. Pain is simply an amazing villain/anti-hero.. His skyrocketing to become my third favorite Naruto character despite killing my absolute top favorite speaks for itself. Invel, on the other hand, is a nobody...

Outside backstories, the only benevolent character who actually died a sad death is Simon, but that didn't leave much of an impact since nobody liked the poor man. He barely had any panel time and got killed in the same arc he was introduced in. Jellal took away literally all he had; his love, his life, freedom, and managed to get a mouth to mouth and forgiveness off his loyal sister. Sucks for him, zero fucks were given. Although his sacrifice was good for Erza's character at the time. That was her last memorable moment in my opinion.
 
Last edited:

Heero Yuy

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 17, 2016
Messages
149
Reaction score
155
Age
30
Country
Canada
Nemu did die, though. That's like saying Kikyo hadn't died because she existed in the form of Kagome. True, there is bitter-sweetness to be felt when someone we care for is recreated/reincarnated, but is it really them when their memories are gone and personalities changed? Try playing NieR Automata, it neatly -and brutally- explores this subject.

I partially agree on false deaths can have an impact, but even that much is virtually nonexistent in Fairy Tail. Whenever a character "dies", everyone, barring a few gullible teenagers, spontaneously presumes it's false (And you can't blame them, because they're right every-time) I and many other readers feared that by the time we realized that Juvia's death is real, the impact would have already been gone. So even actual deaths are relatively meaningless here due to the status quo, expectations, and lack of build up.

Hinata's "death" was very well handled; be it in the the build up, finally confessing her feelings, and the fact that her murderer did kill a major character (whom happened to be my favorite in the entire series) that was bound to have some impact despite the high chances of being false. Pain is simply an amazing villain/anti-hero.. His skyrocketing to become my third favorite Naruto character despite killing my absolute top favorite speaks for itself. Invel, on the other hand, is a nobody...

Outside backstories, the only benevolent character who actually died a sad death is Simon, but that didn't leave much of an impact since nobody liked the poor man. He barely had any panel time and got killed in the same arc he was introduced in. Jellal took away literally all he had; his love, his life, freedom, and managed to get a mouth to mouth and forgiveness off his loyal sister. Sucks for him, zero fucks were given. Although his sacrifice was good for Erza's character at the time, and her last memorable moment in my opinion.
^This^
Thank you for posting this, legit all valid reasoning and why fake deaths mean jackshit esp when there is no build up or anything like that makes it useless, and I agree, Pain/Nagato is a waaaay better villian/anti-hero then anyone in FT, even better then Zeref legit.
 
Top