Which Straw Hat has the saddest backstory?

weird_pirate

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2010
Messages
73
Reaction score
1
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
i think tat brooke has the worst to know and see ur crew ppl die while playin a song then b lonely for 50 years, man
robin has it tough and all that but brooke damn
luffy seems to have the less big dramatic thing and ussop, zolo meh its kinda up there
 

El-Thor

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2007
Messages
455
Reaction score
110
Gender
Male
Country
United States
i think tat brooke has the worst to know and see ur crew ppl die while playin a song then b lonely for 50 years, man
robin has it tough and all that but brooke damn
luffy seems to have the less big dramatic thing and ussop, zolo meh its kinda up there
But remember that Brooke can't feel nothing cuz he's all bones ! YOHOHOHO ! :notrust

Now that Ace is dead, I think Luffy is up there with Nami/Sanji. Still not Robin/Chopper level though :darn
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,859
Reaction score
23,527
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I think Robin has the saddest backstory.

Grew up alone as a mistreated orphan(more or less), then her entire island is destroyed along with everyone she knew, then spent most of her younger years running from the marines with a massive bounty on her head. Until Luffy came along her life sucked almost entirely.
 

Kaiser Will

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2008
Messages
1,295
Reaction score
456
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Moderator Notice:
Moved. ~ Regarding this read One Piece Revamp Info/Guide Thread please. Remember character related stuff, be it DF or haki discussions should be made in the TOK Forum from now on.~ Kaiser Will
 

Niirouge

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2010
Messages
146
Reaction score
25
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
In order from the most 'heart-wrenching' to the least :)

1. Franky

His story eliminated two of the emotions I would give anything so as not to feel or experience in my lifetime: regret and guilt. I found his past the most painful to watch and empathise with and when he finally forgave himself after hearing Iceberg's words, I never felt more relieved while watching/reading One Piece ;)

2. Chopper

Gosh, knowing that you caused your most important person's death must be tough... Added to that pain is discrimination and plain outright rejection from everyone... If I didn't relate to Franky's story more, I'd give Chopper the first place...

3. Robin & Nami

They both suffered for a long time and had to deceive everyone around them just to survive. Both women know the pain of loneliness and the fragility of having trust in someone else... They're up here because they seem the most 'breakable' if the situation arises.

4. Zoro, Sanji & Usopp

These three tie for me :)
Zoro and Usopp having lost someone dear to them while Sanji has to live with (a little) shame at accusing and suspecting his boss... Lol, these three are pretty straight-forward so I don't have much to say ;)

As for Brook and Luffy, I'm still on the fence for where they rank...
Well, they clearly beat 4th place though...
 
Top