Discussion Who is stronger than Luffy?

UnknownMugiwara

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2011
Messages
304
Reaction score
117
Gender
Male
Country
Denmark
So, I after reading todays chapter(14 dec) I just kept wondering, who is still stronger than Luffy after the 2 years. And who has Luffy supassed or is he now/still equal to?
Anyways, I wanted to know what you guys thought about it :D
Here's my list anyway:

Stronger than Luffy
Akainu
Aokiji
Kizaru
Mihawk "Hawk eye"
Blackbeard (Yea, he is stronger atm.)
Monkey D. Dragon
Oh, and Kaidou and Shanks

Equal to Luffy
Law
Kidd
Big Mam
Rob Lucci (Yep he also trained in the 2 years)
Jinbei

Note: I do not mean only their physical strenge, but their strenge + skill.
Usopp and Nami aren't really that much strong physically, but because of what they can do, they are much much stronger :D
 

Zehahaha

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 7, 2009
Messages
8,501
Reaction score
5,714
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Akainu/Aokiji/Kizaru/Mihawk/Doflamingo/Garp/Sengoku/Yonkou/Rayleigh/Marco

Well... He'll grow stronger, probably more stronger than even Roger if you ask me.
 

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I bet there is people stronger than him currently that we don't know. I would say Sengoku and Garp are stronger than him and probably Doflamingo is above him as well.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,334
Reaction score
24,941
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I dunno about lucci being currently stronger than luffy, I would find that a bit weird. Lucci got only to the point he was at and he was already around 30 while luffy got to where he is now and he is not even 20. More so, luffy grew A LOT during the timeskip due to the special training he had (an island full of animals which he would not stand a chance against and haki training with the dark king) and even during the first part of the manga he essentially multiplied his strength when compared to the earlier parts of it. Lucci awakening haki would not be strange however it would be weird that suddenly his training would give him that massive a boost...
 

UnknownMugiwara

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2011
Messages
304
Reaction score
117
Gender
Male
Country
Denmark
I didn't say Lucci was stronger than Luffy, I just said that they were still equally strong.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,334
Reaction score
24,941
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Its the same deal.... does it make sense for lucci who got to where he was after 20 years of fighting would suddenly get to where luffy is now? I don't think it adds up, evidently luffy is the one with the significantly greater growth rate. Lucci would have to get out of the past 2 years more than what his past 20 years of training combined got him.
 

UnknownMugiwara

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2011
Messages
304
Reaction score
117
Gender
Male
Country
Denmark
Aren't you forgetting that Luffy trained since he was 7?
And yeah, maybe Luffy is a little bit stronger, but overall I think Lucci could have trained just as hard as Luffy during these two years.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,334
Reaction score
24,941
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Luffy has been training for a long time but it is still barely have the time lucci has been around. Under any reasonable scenario lucci has been fighting for 10 more years than luffy lol.There is a very real chance lucci was already about as good as he is going to get....
 

UnknownMugiwara

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2011
Messages
304
Reaction score
117
Gender
Male
Country
Denmark
Yea I guess you're right. But Lucci did have a 5 year break before he returned to Enies Lobby.
 

Zeltrax

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
3,138
Reaction score
1,583
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
I don't think garp is stronger than luffy. Sengoku, maybe but not garp.
Garp was asked to be an admiral before(that I know) but his age is getting on him and he has no df except haki, so i think
I'll categorize him with "equal to luffy" or "just a bit stronger than luffy".

Kong, Akainu, Aokiji, Kizaru, Mihawk is stronger than luffy (only ones I can think of now).
Not sure about Boa Hancock but I'm sure there will be an arc for doflamigo in the future, their strength now is not equal, but close.
I sometimes wonder about Jinbei.
Jinbei is as strong as ace, so I think its logical to assume luffy surpassed jinbei and ace(before timeskip).
 

ErosVp

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2010
Messages
1,113
Reaction score
391
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
The 4 Yonkous, Garp, Sengoku, Akainu, aokiji, Kizaru, Mihawk, Do Flamingo, Boa Hancok, Marco, Jozu and some others captains from New World that do well in that hellish place are still stronger than Luffy....

I don't see why you think Big Mom is equal to Luffy....
 

matzik1212

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 11, 2010
Messages
3,855
Reaction score
1,646
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
I think the answer is a lot of people from those we already know are stronger than him ....but let's not forget that there are many pirated in NW we don't know about and are probably much stronger than Luffy but well Luffy gets stronger as they travel so i'm sure he will manage to improve till he meets these strong guys :D
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,334
Reaction score
24,941
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I would actually think garp is still somewhat stronger than luffy and at least equal to sengoku. Garp might be old but I would argue he has not gotten to a point where luffy right now would win against him. Garp is a beast, everyone at the war feared what he might do, just look at everyone's reaction when he acted and how easily he kicked marco out of the platform. Luffy would not be spanked by garp anymore but defeating him is an entirely different deal.
 

Kukriblades

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2011
Messages
75
Reaction score
95
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
I'm surprised no one mentioned magellan.
 

okaneman

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2010
Messages
97
Reaction score
18
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
I'm surprised no one mentioned magellan.
magellan? before, yes he is stronger, but now, with luffy's haki, i think he can overcome him by now.

Luffy has been training for a long time but it is still barely have the time lucci has been around. Under any reasonable scenario lucci has been fighting for 10 more years than luffy lol.There is a very real chance lucci was already about as good as he is going to get....
you must know, it's not just luffy and friends only got training, all the major characters must also be training for the NW by now... that lucci must be training beyond crazy just to beat luffy again... don't expect the characters stays the same in terms of strength and so on after the time skip...
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,334
Reaction score
24,941
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Dunno if luffy would defeat magellan. Certainly luffy is stronger now by quite a bit to put it mildly however as far as we know magellan's poison would be just as effective now (except if luffy has immunity to poison now). It is altogether possible they could kill each other though, luffy has the firepower but magellan has the poison and luffy does not have the means to fight at a range without touching the guy. As long as luffy needs to make actual contact with magellan to win then I don't see things ending well for him.

I agree in that a bunch of other characters should be training, I merely question lucci's potential and growth rate in respect to luffy. At this point he would not even be able to hold rokushiki over luffy as the kid has developed his own versions of those techniques (armor hardening, snake shot, his rubber body would already mimic kamie, and soru). Luffy had formal haki training for 2 years and developed his gears to an entire new level, would it make sense lucci somehow kept up as a rogue world government agent? I don't see many scenarios where lucci would get the same guidance which allow luffy his insane growth rate honestly, not that lucci had that to begin with.
 

okaneman

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2010
Messages
97
Reaction score
18
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
and that blackbeard now is really scary. he climb up to be a yonkou without using the gura2 fruit. if he happens to obtain haki, well, you know.. big mam also is a monster, apparantly a sweet obsessed and would destroy anything for the sake of it, so looking forward to see her next chapters...
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,334
Reaction score
24,941
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I think the "without the gura gura no mi" part was a mistranslation. Another one said he indeed used the fruit which makes more sense.
 

OdaForPresident

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2008
Messages
292
Reaction score
73
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Shanks' officers should also be stronger than Luffy right now, so Ben Beckman, Lucky Roux and Yassop.
 

tret16

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 21, 2010
Messages
467
Reaction score
87
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I think the "without the gura gura no mi" part was a mistranslation. Another one said he indeed used the fruit which makes more sense.
Your right about that. He does infact use the gura gura no mi. The translation on manga reader isn't alway's the best one to have. If you want to have a more accurate one when it comes to translations, go on eatmanga.com there translations are usually best. the only down side to the site is on very rare accasions they are missing one page one the chapter, in which case you can alway's go to manga reader and see the missing page on that site... But as for the translations, eatmanga is better then manga reader.
 
Top