Discussion Who/What qualifies as Non-Human?

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,684
Reaction score
61,396
Gender
Male
Country
France
In Chapter 487 Yorayo said he was Human and Non-Human hybrid and that the latter could ignore certain rules in the Tower. Before this info I had a something similar in my head, because the term "Human" race itself has barely been used if used at all.

When I read it for the first time I thought it meant that people like Rak and Anak for example would qualify as Non-Human, but after rereading I am not sure. Might simply refer to Items, Shinheuh and Ignition Weapons? (Like Beta who was unaffected on the Floor of Death).

So, what exactly makes someone Human or not in TOG? Baam looks like a normal Human, but he has been called a monster sometimes and not just because of his potential, we have people with horns like Androssi, giants like Zahard, clear races like Wrathraiser, Houndborn etc.

Also, some characters like Baam, A.A for example are hosting Shinheuhs. Do you think it could be enough for them to qualify and ignore certain of the Tower rules? (disregarding Baam's status of Irregular of course).
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
In Chapter 487 Yorayo said he was Human and Non-Human hybrid and that the latter could ignore certain rules in the Tower. Before this info I had a something similar in my head, because the term "Human" race itself has barely been used if used at all.

When I read it for the first time I thought it meant that people like Rak and Anak for example would qualify as Non-Human, but after rereading I am not sure. Might simply refer to Items, Shinheuh and Ignition Weapons? (Like Beta who was unaffected on the Floor of Death).

So, what exactly makes someone Human or not in TOG? Baam looks like a normal Human, but he has been called a monster sometimes and not just because of his potential, we have people with horns like Androssi, giants like Zahard, clear races like Wrathraiser, Houndborn etc.

Also, some characters like Baam, A.A for example are hosting Shinheuhs. Do you think it could be enough for them to qualify and ignore certain of the Tower rules? (disregarding Baam's status of Irregular of course).
I think you are mixing a lot of things here. Bam has been called a monster but it has little to do with his species. I don't recall an instance where he has been called a monster that isn't due to his power or talent.. Also, the creatures within bam an aguero are to my knowledge not shinheuhs. Hosting actual shinheuhs would make them into some variety of anima...

To me this doesn't look that complicated. "human" is a species. You either belong to that species or not. Partial human just means you are a hybrid. Rak and anak are definitely not humans. Though I suppose its possible for anak to be part human at least. Androsi has horns so she is either from a species native to the tower or a hybrid.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,684
Reaction score
61,396
Gender
Male
Country
France
I think you are mixing a lot of things here. Bam has been called a monster but it has little to do with his species. I don't recall an instance where he has been called a monster that isn't due to his power or talent.. Also, the creatures within bam an aguero are to my knowledge not shinheuhs. Hosting actual shinheuhs would make them into some variety of anima...

To me this doesn't look that complicated. "human" is a species. You either belong to that species or not. Partial human just means you are a hybrid. Rak and anak are definitely not humans. Though I suppose its possible for anak to be part human at least. Androsi has horns so she is either from a species native to the tower or a hybrid.
Yes Baam has been called a monster a lot because of his potential but when Rachel calls him a monster it's not because of this. It seems like she is talking about his very nature. I don't doubt that he is Human but with the resurrection and stuff some probably don't share my opinions.

I don't think you need to host Shinheuh to count as Anima. Animas tame their Shinheuh and have Bowls (unless it's a special one). Baam and A.A can manifest some of their powers, it's not the same thing.

It's the fact that Yorayo talked about items which made me doubt the most. I also remembered the FoD arc where Beta, a Workshop creation was immune to the effects of the Floor.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Yes Baam has been called a monster a lot because of his potential but when Rachel calls him a monster it's not because of this. It seems like she is talking about his very nature. I don't doubt that he is Human but with the resurrection and stuff some probably don't share my opinions.

I don't think you need to host Shinheuh to count as Anima. Animas tame their Shinheuh and have Bowls (unless it's a special one). Baam and A.A can manifest some of their powers, it's not the same thing.

It's the fact that Yorayo talked about items which made me doubt the most. I also remembered the FoD arc where Beta, a Workshop creation was immune to the effects of the Floor.
If you don't doubt he is human... Then I don't really have anything to add.

But... if you do host a shineuh then you almost definitely are an anima. As for the fire fish, I would argue it's definitely not any kind of shinheuh. Shinheuh are pretty much the tower's fauna. The fire fish is the product of that yeon's flame. No, actually it IS that ranker's former flame. Which as we know originated from the tower's ancients.

Beta I would guess is more of cross between item and person and... shinheuh/demon? He was made into an ignition weapon which can only be done via infusing him with some other creature or demon.
 

Jubei_Kibagami

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 26, 2018
Messages
6,815
Reaction score
11,877
Age
42
Country
United States
As to the OP question -

it seems to be a moving target (particularly with the recent revelations as you point out).

To me the distinction is:

a) Tower-BORN-humanOIDS

and

b) Everything else.




Group A being under the rules of the tower, while Group B seems to side-step them to varying degrees.

I say 'humanoids' because I'm not sure 'humans' is sufficient. We have tons of other species such as Rak and Gyetang and those multi-eyed races (among many others) that seem to have to climb following the rules.

I also say 'born' because creations of the workshop seem to not count in certain ways. Irregulars from outside the tower certainly don't count at all - unless they artificially restrict themselves by entering into contracts. Resurrected or spell-creations don't seem to count, but suffer other restrictions. IMO, the ancients that lived in the tower, particularly the original ancient, didn't count for some reason, but I suspect it is due to them having the nature of an admin. Admin don't seem to count, although they cannot climb the tower with the exception of Headon as far as we know. I suspect the original ancient could travel, but that's just speculation.
 
Top