Who will be next Admiral?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
^I think he needs it as much as anyone. Haki is not a replacement for a DF nor are DFs a replacement for haki IMO. Surely BB can hit logia's with his ability but without being capable of using haki at least in a mediocre fashion he'd be too weak to be a threat in the grand scheme of things IMO. IMO haki is pretty much a standard thing for people of above average strength, in that sense BB can't afford to not have haki. DF's make someone unique, in turn, haki does not make someone unique since anyone, including DF users, can acquire it.
 

kanmati

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2009
Messages
115
Reaction score
57
Gender
Male
Country
Brunei
If the sentomaru can become marine. Magellan can be one too. so Magellan is new Admiral. He has debt with Luffy and Blackbeard Pirate.
 

Dekker

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2008
Messages
423
Reaction score
103
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
If the sentomaru can become marine. Magellan can be one too. so Magellan is new Admiral. He has debt with Luffy and Blackbeard Pirate.
As much as the power of Magellan is enough to become an admiral, he just isn't suited. He's to restricted in his working hours to have such a spot.
 

Razh

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 27, 2007
Messages
7,302
Reaction score
3,580
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
As much as the power of Magellan is enough to become an admiral, he just isn't suited. He's to restricted in his working hours to have such a spot.
Things can change. Like, he stopped eating poison soups and shit.
But I do have trouble imagining him in white.

2 years is a long time, when I think about it. Smoker could have advanced in ranks these last 2 years, fighting New World pirates, as he requested of Aokiji. I'd bet more on him than on Magellan, even though Magellan is more dangerous.
 

Dekker

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2008
Messages
423
Reaction score
103
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Things can change. Like, he stopped eating poison soups and shit.
But I do have trouble imagining him in white.

2 years is a long time, when I think about it. Smoker could have advanced in ranks these last 2 years, fighting New World pirates, as he requested of Aokiji. I'd bet more on him than on Magellan, even though Magellan is more dangerous.
Yeah, but then again, ranks mean nothing to Smoker. All he wants is to hunt for Luffy. And since he is to Luffy what Garp was to Roger, I think he will never be ranked up to Admiral.

Well I dont know, we did not see anyone stand out of the others in strength all the fight long. I somehow think that there wont even be a new Admiral for quite some time, unless some of the VAs are a lot more powerful then they seemed (which is pretty questionable).
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
If any of the admirals get promoted to fleet admiral then I guess Smoker would get a promotion but I don't think he would instantly skip a few ranks and obtain the admiral seat so soon after the War. An admiral holds responsbilities and duties in all seas lol. Not just "Paradise" where Smoker spent most of his time. I can see him getting a Vice Admiral rank in the future but I just really don't see him as the admiral type tbh.

I would rather see a few new marine characters getting introduced at this stage now.
 

Dekker

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2008
Messages
423
Reaction score
103
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
If any of the admirals get promoted to fleet admiral then I guess Smoker would get a promotion but I don't think he would instantly skip a few ranks and obtain the admiral seat so soon after the War.
Not to mention that he is simply not strong enough to be an admiral. For all we saw, Smoker is not a haki user, thus giving him a hard time vs logias (like himself) and other fruit users. And since the admirals are the marines strongest force, he just can't be one in his state pre timeskip. We still have to see him again and im sure we will see him again once Luffy and his crew reach the new world.
 

xeteboi

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2010
Messages
132
Reaction score
15
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Magellan isn't part of the Marines. He's the head of the prison - and thus a WG subordinate just like Spandam. The only connection to the Marines is Kong the supreme commander of all World Government units including Ohka Shichibukai. Coby is a simple Sōchō crewman - far from being an officer anyway. It's more thinkable that Tashigi becomes Admiral since she's already Lieutenant. Smoker is three ranks below an admiral - also not possible to surpass three ranks within two years. As a VA he needs to use haki which he can't. And not that Garp would want to become an admiral anyways but he already stepped down out of active services.

The biggest chances do have either Onigumo or Momonga - or one of the other Vice Admirals within the Buster Call Fleet that bombed Enies Lobby, so Yamakaji, Doberman or Strawberry. They are the next in ranks.
I guess you're underestimating Coby too much. Don't forget how Oda gives him a plot on the manga. I think the position of Admiral will remain unseated until Coby is ready for it.

And for the Magellan lovers, sorry but i don't see him as a candidate for Admiral. For the Smoker lovers, remember how Hancock kick his ass... how come he will become a candidate?

Mera Mera no Mi aka Fire Fire fruit is somewhere since the death of Ace and remember that Wind Wind fruit is not yet revealed which is a top type of logia fruits.
 

deffkryz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
809
Gender
Hidden
Country
Germany
I guess you're underestimating Coby too much. Don't forget how Oda gives him a plot on the manga. I think the position of Admiral will remain unseated until Coby is ready for it.
No. That wouldn't just make any sense. Again: Coby is not even an officer so far. Thinking of him to become an Admiral sure concurs to his dream - but saying anything like that he either now is admiral or that the seat remains free until he becomes admiral is much too early.

Mera Mera no Mi aka Fire Fire fruit is somewhere since the death of Ace and remember that Wind Wind fruit is not yet revealed which is a top type of logia fruits.
We don't even know whether or not such a "wind fruit" exists nor whether or not Oda decides it to be Logia. :eyeroll
 
Last edited:

Ashura_Ichibugin

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2010
Messages
100
Reaction score
33
Gender
Hidden
Country
Turkey
First of all, we don't know if there is a law or tradition about the number of admirals. Although I guess there is a tradition of 3 admirals, we cannot be sure. So, one of the possible answers is nobody will be the next admiral (at least for now).

Also someone we don't know can be the new admiral, in which case we cannot speculate on his identity.

If there is a third admiral and he is someone we know, I guess it can be Onigumo or John Giant. Onigumo was responsible for Ace's transportation to Marineford and helped Kizaru against Marco (maybe only because of his extra limbs); while John Giant was giving orders to deploy vice admirals during the buster call to Enies Lobby (maybe he is just responsible for this kind of things, who knows).

And about Smoker, he doesn't have the slightest chance. I think he is at most a rear admiral now.
 

Razh

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 27, 2007
Messages
7,302
Reaction score
3,580
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
I can't help but wonder how Smoker is so poorly ranked. You can't dismiss him based on how ranks didn't mean anything to him (which isn't true any more, since he realized he'll need a higher rank to continue pursuing Luff), or how Boa could kick him, and shit.

It seems like you're forgetting that the guy has most likely spent the last 2 years doing nothing but fighting New World pirates. Just a reminder, that's more than twice as long as the story went on before the time-skip.
Or do you guys suppose that Luffy is the only one who had any training and became stronger? Give me a break.

BTW: The supposed logia would be better named as air logia. Wind is nothing, it doesn't exist as an element. It's just a moving air. School ftw.
 

Dekker

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2008
Messages
423
Reaction score
103
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I can't help but wonder how Smoker is so poorly ranked. You can't dismiss him based on how ranks didn't mean anything to him (which isn't true any more, since he realized he'll need a higher rank to continue pursuing Luff), or how Boa could kick him, and shit.
Lets call it even on that one. You are right in that he wants a higher rank to be able to run after Luffy as much as he wants. Right now he has to listen to orders and does not have much freedom. As a VA, he could do the same as Garp. Still, he wont be an Admiral for that sake, as he would have loads of responsibilities and wont be able to do what he wants.

It seems like you're forgetting that the guy has most likely spent the last 2 years doing nothing but fighting New World pirates. Just a reminder, that's more than twice as long as the story went on before the time-skip.
Or do you guys suppose that Luffy is the only one who had any training and became stronger? Give me a break.
You are right, he did train too. We are basing all our arguments around his strength back then. And now be honest: If it wasn't for his logia fruit, he wouldn't look as strong when opposing Luffy. I actually never saw anything amazing by Smoker to date, whereas Luffy has shown to be quite a powerhouse (yes I know, without his fruit he wouldn't be that strong, doesn't change the fact that he can at least be damaged). We have only seen a quantum of Luffys improvement and he already roflstomped his enemies left and right. Enemies that were almost too much to handle for the entire crew together.
We'll see about Smoker when hes first shown. And I'm pretty certain that we will see him pretty soon once they enter the NW.
 

xeteboi

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2010
Messages
132
Reaction score
15
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Smoker is poorly rank because he can't even use haki which the VA's posses, do you think he can manage to improve himself within 2 years and even match up with Luffy's progress?I think its a joke...he's just depending on his DF that makes him strong to non haki users.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Well, smoker could potentially develop haki within two years. He does not need mastery of the thing or anything, just the very basics would work for the most part. Even then, I don't think he would be altogether weak without his powers. During the war he was actually able to grab a hold of luffy and restrain him for a while. His fruit has somewhat hax powers but in turn fruits rarely if at all increase actual physical prowess. If smoker did not have any physical capacity of his own, he would have been blitz and overpowered by luffy. Luffy would not have been able to kill smoker but the same thing would be the case for smoker.
 

xeteboi

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2010
Messages
132
Reaction score
15
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Well, smoker could potentially develop haki within two years. He does not need mastery of the thing or anything, just the very basics would work for the most part. Even then, I don't think he would be altogether weak without his powers. During the war he was actually able to grab a hold of luffy and restrain him for a while. His fruit has somewhat hax powers but in turn fruits rarely if at all increase actual physical prowess. If smoker did not have any physical capacity of his own, he would have been blitz and overpowered by luffy. Luffy would not have been able to kill smoker but the same thing would be the case for smoker.
Well, the point is he is a logia type and its a big deal for non haki users.That time, Luffy was'nt concerned about Smoker and haven't learned haki. Now that he know how to use CoO, CoA and even CoC, he will definitely kick his ass, and one more thing, the level of Luffy now is still can't take down the level of an Admiral, I guess just like Blackbeared. So how come that Smoker will be a candidate for Admiral thing? For a VA, well I guess he is..
 
Last edited:

Razh

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 27, 2007
Messages
7,302
Reaction score
3,580
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
There's no way to tell how a character is going to develop. Just remember Coby, who hasn't appeared in a very long time (not too long in manga time), and BOOM, he knows Soru!

Oda did set a certain rivalry between Luffy and Smoker, and seeing how Smoker is a fighter, he's bound to be a lot stronger now. Also, since we saw that Marine doctors are very much acquainted with Haki, I doubt Smoker will just let it pass. Seeing how Boa pwned him and all.

Anyway, all I wanted to say back there is that he's more likely than Magellan.
 

xeteboi

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2010
Messages
132
Reaction score
15
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
There's no way to tell how a character is going to develop. Just remember Coby, who hasn't appeared in a very long time (not too long in manga time), and BOOM, he knows Soru!
Youre right, but for that long time....did you even see an improvement of Smoker? you didnt right?For coby... hes a deal in the new world.. i thought he will be the one who will become the rival marine in the future, just like Garp and Roger

Anyway, all I wanted to say back there is that he's more likely than Magellan.
For this one, then I am more with Magellan, remember how Hancock is scared for Luffy entering ID.
I'm not showing that I'm anti Smoker though......
 

BlackHair

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 10, 2006
Messages
2,503
Reaction score
1,005
Gender
Male
Country
Imperium of Mankind
For this one, then I am more with Magellan, remember how Hancock is scared for Luffy entering ID.
I'm not showing that I'm anti Smoker though......
I believe Razh's original thought was that Smoker became through fighting NW pirates for the past two years strong enough to rival or to even overcome Magellan's fighting power.

I personally don't think Smoker will ever become a Admiral. That guy is loose, just like Garp. I see him at most on VA rank, for the same reasons as Garp.

I would love to see Magellan as the new Admiral, it would be a compete waste to let him rot in ID, where his potential just gets wasted. I would rather like to see him on the outside fighting SHs and the LvL 6 escapees. Furthermore we could have a Admiral with direct conflict with both, the protagonist and the antagonist.
 

xeteboi

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2010
Messages
132
Reaction score
15
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
I would love to see Magellan as the new Admiral, it would be a compete waste to let him rot in ID, where his potential just gets wasted.
Magellan? an admiral type? he lacks in experience i think...
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Experience in what? Sailing? He lead the whole staff of Impel Down for years and is powerful, compared to shown VA not weak in any way, so what does he lack experience with?
 
Top