Discussion - Who's next? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Who's next?

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Joker
As the clock keeps ticking, we approach a new backstory. Ban's was released at about the same time as the 30th chapter, King's at about the 73rd, and Diane's at about the 126th. The gap between each backstory is roughly 40-50 chapters. So, only about 20 chapters should be left until the fourth one makes an appearance. Now I ask, whom will this backstory depict? The most likely choices are Gowther and Meliodas, of course; there has, however, been so much build up for Meliodas and his ties to the Demon Clan, yet I do not see his past being unveiled anytime soon. So, what do you guys think?

Swoosh.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Gowther then Escanor. Merlin and Meliodas will most likely be last.

The crazy monk seems to know a lot about the Goddess so maybe he will be able to guess the source of Sunshine.

kiriya

MH Senpai
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
My bets are on Gowther, and then Merlin or Escanor after that. There's been a lot of buildup for Gowther lately, with the revelation of him being a doll and a demon. Octololi and Dolor will probably recognise him in the tournament, too, so I could see his backstory being divulged a few chapters after that.

baditz

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
i vote for Gowther we already know to much about him, not like Merlin and Escanor, we know nothing about them. and for Meliodas i think we never have his Gaiden, another sin before we see their gaiden we got a clue about them, but we never see anything, but for Meliodas Nakaba give us little by little flash back for his sin.

julymarte

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
sowther was supposed to be one of the next ones and after what fraudrin said i'm pretty sure his gaiden will be the next one

~Zeldris~

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
I agree with Gowther's story coming next and it'll be interesting to see his back story of his past self as a commandment (Wonder what's gonna happen when a fellow commandment gonna see him with the sins?). I feel like we won't get Meliodas back story until the other sins sees Zeldris and Estarossa's physical appearances (Gosh I can't wait for that :3)

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
The one that would make the most sense is gowther. As the gang gets closer to the tournament it is but a matter of time until gowther is discovered by the other commandments. I think mel's will be saved for last although we already have quite a few details about it. I don't know which would come first between merlin and escanor...

Tavore

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
England
Gowther will most likely be the next one then Escanor and Merlin's will be saved for last.

SpectrumRay16

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Gowther will more than likely be next, then we may get more Meliodas backstory 3000 years ago.
After that, i'd say Merlin and drop Escanor's last... if Merlin is to regain her body and we are correct in assuming she used to be a member of the goddess clan... then her going to get her body fixed will probably lead to her backstory.
I'd wager Escanor last because it makes more sense to me to focus on the Gaiden's for the characters we saw in the first arc. We have technically only gotten 3 chapter with Escanor in them in the main plot so far (6 if you count Edinburgh) so i doubt we will focus much on him for a while!

I'm not sure why, but, Merlin's is more interesting to me so i'd like to see that after Gowther's... after all, Gowther's is just how he activated his own commandment.

I'd rather save Escanor for last, as i feel like his is going to have plot relevance when it comes up, in fact i reckon that Merlin and Escanor will have their gaiden's revealed in the third arc.