Support Why are you accusing me of this? *Download problem*

MindGame

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 30, 2007
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Apparently, my computer is downloading manga from MH by itself without my knowledge, because every single time I want to download a file in zip format, out comes the page with the message:

Forbidden (403)

The server has a limit of 2 downloads at the same time.
Please try again later if you already have 2 concurrent connections.


I don't know what to do. It's been like this for half a day. Is anybody else facing the same problem?

EDIT: found out that this only happens with media3.mangahelpers.com links. help, please!
 
Last edited:

deffkryz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
809
Gender
Hidden
Country
Germany
Having download problems on that server as well... I've been trying to fetch this here for the whole last day... Sometimes, it doesn't even start downloading, and when it does it stops after 15-25%... :(
 

Nosgoroth

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 22, 2009
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
Spain
Same here, also with media3. I am innocent, I promise! I don't even have any open connections to anywhere... :(
 

Osso

Tech
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Tech
Joined
Nov 4, 2007
Messages
392
Reaction score
156
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
There's a limit to the number of downloads per ip on our servers. I know some internet service providers put all their clients on the same IP. As you result if you are behind that kind of setup you could have problems downloading.
 

Nosgoroth

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 22, 2009
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
Spain
That is not the case, as I have tried downloading from a fixed IP from a server using ssh/wget, and the same thing happens: a few KBs are downloaded, then the download fails. After the second attempt, I get 403 Forbidden errors :(

By the way, I have the same problem with the media4 server now.
 

suko

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 24, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
i have the same problem also.
 

Wowzers

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
6,509
Reaction score
5,523
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
If you have some kind of download accelerator, they frequently integrate with your browser. What this means is you will click once on a link and the accelerator will try to open 4 or maybe more connections to the same file. It does this to speed up the download. A lot of servers prevent this. Some may even ban you for repeat offences so accelerators are less common than they were. There are some still out there though that you may have installed.

Check what add-ons you have installed on your browser and if one of them has an option for # of connections, you might want to change it to 1 or disable it if it is not useful.
 
Top