Why do you Scanlate?

max mahito

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Country
India
I like manga.Then I was introduced to scanlation by FH.Then I begin to feel scanlating is fun.So, I scanlate :p

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I was interested in reading online manga. That was the beginning. Then I once worked on a manga scan group which is now dead. I enjoyed working there, and added with my random curiosity, I decided to try building my own manga scan group. :)

Raenef

Country
Germany
I started reading volumes in my language when they were finally released in germany ^^

later i found animes and mangas on the internet and them being way ahead of my releases ;-(

and after a long time with no time to help / after stopping playing a certain game, i thought it was time to give something back

xryuchan27

Country
Philippines
  • for fun, hobby
  • loves manga (and yaoi)
  • to share with everyone
  • meet new friends

Huffly Parfait

Country
United States
It's all started because of my hobby, I guess.
I enjoy cleaning and typesetting, and later on, I found out that I've got a bunch of Manga raws which seemed to be nice enough to be scanlated. I mean, why not?

Not to mention that I can't translate Japanese/Chinese, so I guess it's better to make a Scanlation, then work out for those Raws. If you know what I mean. It's just about hobby for me...

Last edited:

kiss

Country
England
I like cleaning raws ^^ it's really fun for me because every raw has a different challenge.
I like just downloading raws and cleaning them to see it I can do it. It's fun :D
That's probably why :D

Aurega

Country
Norway
I was bored and some of the manga I like were released way too slow.
:D

Ashenta

Country
United States
Hmm..even though I release slowly and I am a new scanlator, I do it because I love manga, I wanted to give back, and introduce people to new manga artists, all the bad and good...

vigorousjammer

Country
United States
Because it seems like nobody else wants to work on Kochikame. (and I really want to see more of it released)

Well, aside from that it's just because I already knew how to do much of it and because cleaning & typesetting is a good way to pass the time while listening to a podcast or something.

It's a nice little hobby which can even be fun sometimes, and the end benefit is seeing a manga that you like get a release in a new language.

Last edited:

Milat

Country
Gotei 13
I find it very entertaining and a fun hobby to pass time. It is a nice reprieve from the stress of daily life and the other things I have to deal with. The community within itself is fun and very pleasant.

EsteSapphire

Country
Canada
To give back to the scanlation world, I've read soo many mangas that wouldn't have being possible if not for scanlators. so i continue doing it no matter how boring or hard it gets.

MSofAofCOCA

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Country
United States
Typesetting/Redrawing/Cleaning is pretty fun and can be quite relaxing, since it's pretty stress free unless you're working under a deadline.
Translating is a different monster and accounts for most of my stress when it comes to scanlating. However, it's a pretty good way to keep up with and practice reading Japanese. I scanlate because I want to and when I want to, so my reasons are mostly selfish. But it's also a good way to give back to the community what it has been giving me for a decade, especially since I have the occasional time and energy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)