Will Vivi and Carue come back?

Fox666

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
7,007
Reaction score
4,650
Country
Galactic Empire
Vivi and Carue are honorable members of the Strawhats, and they have been features in several cover pages.

Currently the Strawhats have split. An Robin is in East Blue. And if you think it's possible from them reunite again, it's possible for Vivi and Carue too.

A lot of people believe Brook fit the last position of the crew, and it is now complete. Vivi and Carue would complete the 10 crewmates.

Last, if you create a parallel between Strawhats and Blackbeard pirates, you would have a Carue x Stronger. :p

By the way, Vivi also has her own Jolly Roger (from Igaram nightmare):

 

yoshikamaru

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2008
Messages
103
Reaction score
57
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
I dunno. As much as I love Vivi, I think there's a little chance the SH crew will meet her and Carew soon.

Vivi's already pledged her life for Alabasta as a princess/queen. She wants to rebuild and lead her country, so it would be awkward, even stupid, if suddenly she changes her mind to rejoin the SH crew, heck I'm sure Luffy will hit her again if she do that :tem

But, since this current arc is likely comes to an end, I'm pretty sure Vivi and Carew will appear again, just like post-Enies Lobby, a one or two dedicated pages commenting about what happened at the marine HQ.

And yes, I always count both of them as part of the 10 men crew ;)
 

bittman

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2006
Messages
1,746
Reaction score
929
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I also count them as part of the Strawhat's, but since I don't believe in the 10 man bullshit I don't see it as a sign that there's no more, or that they don't count and there will be two more.

The fact they both appear in cover pages on their own indicates Oda counts them as Strawhat's, temporarily at least, and will forever do so.

I don't expect she'll join again, but I could be surprised. I honestly wouldn't mind Luffy meeting them again (like while she's on her way to some big WG meeting or something).
 

DARK

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 12, 2009
Messages
2,876
Reaction score
739
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Vivi and Carue will probably have a few more cameo appearances throughout the series, but I don't think that they will ever be full-fledged Straw Hats.
As the princess of Alabasta, Vivi has other duties to tend to. Her position has too much influence and she cannot afford going out on pirating adventures. Vivi only joined the Straw Hats to begin with because she had to go back to her kingdom.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I don't think she will ever go back to being a strawhat. She has her own duties as a princess and future queen which I doubt she will put behind. It is kinda like boa joining the strawhats, simply not gonna happen due to the duty she has to her people. She would also not bring a thing to the crew. She has no skills whatsoever and her fighting skills are deplorable (specially by current and future standards the strawhats will have to meet soon enough)
 

Poneglyph420

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2009
Messages
1,317
Reaction score
597
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
At this point it seems like Vivi and Carue are really more like "honorary members".
They could show up but would have to have developed miraculously IMO.
It would really be great to see what's going on with them and back in Arabasta. And since were naturally not going to see any of the other main characters there.. (Hmm.)

It seems like a long shot but so have so many other things up to this point..

No matter what I'm loving the covers!
 

deffkryz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
809
Gender
Hidden
Country
Germany
Unless Chopper and Robin don't have their "5th" and "6th" chapters, there's always the possibility that they may have a comeback even as major crew members.

I personally doubt that they'll ever meet the Strawhats within the next (of our real life) years though since they have some obligation to the World Government on which the Strawhats declared war back in Enies Lobby. So unless Arabasta is being abandoned by the World Government, there's no way for them.
 

chess4

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 16, 2008
Messages
5,215
Reaction score
1,555
Gender
Male
Country
United States
as far as them joining the strawhats again i dont think they will, but im sure they will meet the hats again. the strawhats have been gaining allies on their journey. there willbe another great war in one piece at the end, and it will be for the title of pirate king. vivi nor carue has nothing to add to the hats. the strawhats have grown so much since alabasta.
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Tbh...I'm actually glad that Vivi didn't join the SH's permanently :darn. I liked Carue a lot though! :amuse

We'll probably see them return in the future to aid the SH's in some way. :)
 

modoki

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2009
Messages
312
Reaction score
178
Age
41
Gender
Female
Country
Japan
i hate to be harsh but they are pretty useless. Probably in the end of one piece
 

msg

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
172
Reaction score
36
Gender
Hidden
Country
Singapore
Vivi...pfft!!.That loud mouth annoying forehead girl.She's like sakura, fun but useless...hmm useless is not the word, more like annoying.Hope Oda wouldn't reintroduce her back to SH...that would be super lame imo.
 

Ratatosk

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 23, 2009
Messages
234
Reaction score
86
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Kingdom
She might turn up whenever Dragon makes his move (as Alabaster is presumably part of the World Government)..
The alabaster storyline was great, but princessy characters get annoying if you see them too often.

I forgot Robin (and therefore the Revolutionaries, and that strange bridge-between-islands government project, although Im not sure how much of that was anime-only) was in East Blue though, could be interesting..
 

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Alabasta wasn't on Grand Line? >_>
 

Gats

The Green Knight
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2008
Messages
6,426
Reaction score
3,487
Gender
Male
Country
France
I don't think Vivi will come back but the whole argument "she has a kingdom so she can't join" as a manga rule doesn't work. Same with Boa. We all know that Vivi hesitated hard before making her decision.

Besides, we have a counter example : Ivan. The queen of Okama, who is supposed to rule his own island, followed (and will probably follow again) Dragon for many years until Impel Down.
 

sindergi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2009
Messages
684
Reaction score
151
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
I thinks that we will see Vivi at the end of the manga - maybe oda pulls a DBZ and in the final fight every ally of the SHs will join the fight against the WG. In Vivi´s case she will support the SH with the army of Alabasta in the end.....or maybe we will never see her again.....who knows - probably not even Oda :D
 

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 13, 2010
Messages
4,484
Reaction score
987
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
I don't think they will reunite with the StrawHats. They will remain as honorable members and not only because the upcoming New World is too dangerous for them, but especially because Vivi has responsibilities as a princess.
So they will be shown sometimes like in the last chapter to express their reaction to something about Luffy and his crew.
 

Ero-Sanji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 25, 2009
Messages
3,195
Reaction score
2,554
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
In the chapter were Brooke joined he was marked as the 8th and Franky as the 7th meaning that Vivi isn't one of them. As much as I dislike it it's the sad truth. The same reason Vivi can't follow is the same as Hancock.
 

Lyn685

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2010
Messages
119
Reaction score
42
Gender
Male
Country
Austria
Maybe she will be active in politics, and tries to change the ways of the world-government.
King Cobra could join the Revolutionaries like Ivankov did, so Vivi could play an important role in the story again, just more in the political section.
 

chess4

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 16, 2008
Messages
5,215
Reaction score
1,555
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I don't see them coming back until later. I'm sure they will get their cameo's here and there but they will not play a role until later when the strawhats need back up soldiers
 

tothx

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2009
Messages
180
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
Norway
Nah, doubt it. But there will definitely be a Dragon arc, maybe even next year. And undoubtably Vivi will atleast be shown there.
 
Top