Shounen Worst by Takahashi Hiroshi

ikuroi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2006
Messages
478
Reaction score
75
Gender
Male
Country
Antarctica
Nice seeing a little gaiden for Harumichi, too bad cat got his tounge, he hastn spilled a word so far or seen his face.
 

Fugitive

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2006
Messages
278
Reaction score
25
Gender
Hidden
Country
Antarctica
If any of you haven't seen Crows Zero, here's a link to the videos on YouTube.

Crows Zero (part 1)

Since it's a full length movie, the uploader broke it down into 13 parts or 13 seperate videos. Have fun watching!

Also, you can DL it in it's entirety from bit torrent (or buy it).
 

CaptFamous

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2008
Messages
218
Reaction score
49
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Any hints on what these gaiden episodes are about?
 

CaptFamous

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2008
Messages
218
Reaction score
49
Gender
Male
Country
United States
First 2 chapters are about Masashi and Mary's time in high school. Second 2 are about the first generation of the Front of Armament.
<hr noshade size="1">
Hear ye! Hear ye! The first chapter of Worst Gaiden has been scanned and released!
http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=torrentinfo&tid=57688
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=G0D9DJMY
Much obliged.

The impression I got from the first two was that the Umehoshi brothers could've ruled Suzuran if they could ever have stopped fighting with each other. Ridiculous. Does it talk anywhere about them being the high school bosses of a bunch of important Yakuza leaders? That would explain a fair amount of their influence. Unfortunately, I can't read the scans yet (work).
 

CaptFamous

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2008
Messages
218
Reaction score
49
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Crazy. I wonder how Sera found that out. But now, at least, we have the motivation. It was only a matter of time. Takahashi doesn't really do "evil".
 

LoktarOgar

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2007
Messages
316
Reaction score
269
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
Well there is a character in Crows who's really evil without any given explanation, but... I guess Amachi's kind of a stereotypical Fist of the North Star character in that regard. Then again, as you will seen in volume 21, ... opinions differ on his case.
 

CaptFamous

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2008
Messages
218
Reaction score
49
Gender
Male
Country
United States
You mean the boss of TFOA, the albino looking guy? Yeah, he was, but he was also the first real big bad Takahashi did. I'm curious to see how volume 21 goes. I've seen the raws for 20, and for 22.
 

LoktarOgar

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2007
Messages
316
Reaction score
269
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
Yes, him, Kunou Hideomi. He's like a miniature version of Amachi in terms of looks >_>

Anyway, you're one chapter closer to v21. c79 was released this morning.
 

Sorata

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2006
Messages
551
Reaction score
12
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I´m not liking the way Worst is heading, the way things are now Hana will end up ruling Suzuran, in Crows Bouya and Rindaman were in Suzuran and in an way or another they prevented that situation.
But right now after Guriko leaves Hana will easily become the boss of Suzuran...unless some king of monster transfers to Suzuran next year(Hana´s third year).
I like Hana a lot but i think that Suzuran should never be ruled by anyone, because if Suzuran gets a boss there is no diference between Suzuran and the other schools.
 

LoktarOgar

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2007
Messages
316
Reaction score
269
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
You mean if there's another series taking place at Suzuran after Worst, the main char can't set out to do anything that hasn't been done before? I don't think this is unthinkable considering how long Suzuran has existed (since 1990~) in Hiroshi's universe, but for now I think it's just impressive how Hana himself is doing something unprecedented. You could argue that not having a leader is part of what makes Suzuran Suzuran, but... I think it comes down to whether you like Hana enough to give him that victory or not. "Not" meaning that you like Suzuran as an entity more than Hana. That said, there's still plenty of opposition left in Suzuran itself. Renji and Sakota telling Tsutomu about the fresmen alone is proof of that, and even if there are no big parties anymore fighting with the Hana-gumi over a majority, there're bound to be splinter factions left.
 

Sorata

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2006
Messages
551
Reaction score
12
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
You mean if there's another series taking place at Suzuran after Worst, the main char can't set out to do anything that hasn't been done before? I don't think this is unthinkable considering how long Suzuran has existed (since 1990~) in Hiroshi's universe, but for now I think it's just impressive how Hana himself is doing something unprecedented. You could argue that not having a leader is part of what makes Suzuran Suzuran, but... I think it comes down to whether you like Hana enough to give him that victory or not. "Not" meaning that you like Suzuran as an entity more than Hana. That said, there's still plenty of opposition left in Suzuran itself. Renji and Sakota telling Tsutomu about the fresmen alone is proof of that, and even if there are no big parties anymore fighting with the Hana-gumi over a majority, there're bound to be splinter factions left.
I think such an huge story as this Crows/Worst thing shouldn´t end witn a conclusive ending like Hana ruling Suzuran. Hana is one of my favorite characters from both mangas and on top of that he´s nothing like your regular deliquent(Bouya, Rindaman, Guriko, etc), but i think that even that shouldn´t give him the right to rule Suzuran. Even if this is the last time we see Suzuran it should remain the same Suzuran from the begining, it´s like the "hero´s fate", a hero only end in two ways: he dies or he walks to the sunset, and i think that one of those should be Suzuran´s fate(metaphorical speaking).

I prefer Boya or Guriko to Hana, but if anyone as the slighest right to rule Suzuran is Hana.
 

CaptFamous

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2008
Messages
218
Reaction score
49
Gender
Male
Country
United States
First, I have to say that I can't imagine this story ending without a Guriko-Hana rematch.

Second, I think it's important that Hana does end up taking the top. Like Zetton said, Suzuran is missing something. It needs to be more than just a place where really strong guys go to fight each other and try to come out on top. Hana gives the school a "heart" of sorts that it's been missing. It would screw up the moral of the story if he wasn't recognized as the leader.

That said, I could see it ending with a bunch of splinter groups, like LO said, and Hana et al coming to accept that there will always be guys who don't buy in. It could be alright, if it's done right.
 

LoktarOgar

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2007
Messages
316
Reaction score
269
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea

Fugitive

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2006
Messages
278
Reaction score
25
Gender
Hidden
Country
Antarctica
Is D-M no longer putting DDLs on the website for Worst, Blade of the Immortal, etc..??
 

LoktarOgar

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2007
Messages
316
Reaction score
269
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
It needs to be done, but they (I'm excluding myself >_>) are lazy...


Speak of the devil, alongside several DDLs, Worst 81 was just released. 81 is still torrent/IRC only though.
 
Last edited:
Top