Help Wanted Writing a Manga - Current Ideas

Ligtnin

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 1, 2013
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Denmark
Hi all,

I am new to this forum-thingie so please keep that in mind :)

I am trying to write a manga with an idea i got. But I am not sure if it is a good idea so i could use some feedback.

I can't draw manga but I have an idea to a script, that I would like to have you guys out there to take a look at and tell me what you think.

The manga is called: "Talent and Wealth". It's a story about how whole classes of highschool students are kidnapped. By an evil scientist.
He kidnappes highschool students because he has invented an machine that steals the students talent from their brain and store them in glasses. Then he sells the talents to wealthy people with no talents. Therefore the name "Talent and Wealth".

The protagonist is an ordinary highschool student with no special talent. He is kidnapped and are the only one who escapes the machine and he is the only one who can save the others and stop the scientist from steeling peoples talent.


So, what do you guys out there think?

I am open for ideas og corrections :)
 

TheBoss

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 21, 2012
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
1,281
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Well if you cant draw, thats your first problem ...
About the plot, I may be too harsh but I think its too cliche, It would only work out if your ability to do plot twists is really great ^^
And why they would steal talents from kids, and not from people that are really talented? Like famous soccer players for example.
But dont give up! If that is what you wanna do, keep on doing it^^
 

Ligtnin

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 1, 2013
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Denmark
I got a friend who can draw so he will try to draw it for me :)

The reason why it is kids is because he has found out that most of the great players have reached thier limit and then quickly grow worse so it would be better to take kids' talents so it would last longer :)

But I can try to write it and post it on the forum and see what people thinks :)
 
Last edited:

DoctorApollo

Artist
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2010
Messages
437
Reaction score
276
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
Honestly, it sounds way too similar to Money and Intelligence from Bakuman to me.

Is that where you got the idea? If it is, then you haven't made it original enough, because it reeks of Money and Intelligence. Even the name is basically the exact same, and the plot as well, except you replace intelligence with general talent in anything. (and throw in kidnapping.)

Either way, it could be good or bad depending on how well you write it, and yes, it heavily depends on your ability to create interesting twists.
 

Ligtnin

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 1, 2013
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Denmark
Ohh..... It is from Bakuman damn... I will think of something new then :)

But thanks to both The Boss and Blade5468 for the help, I'm glad there are some people out there who will help folks like me :)

I will start thinking of something all new that is my own all the way. And see what people thinks :)
 

TheBoss

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 21, 2012
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
1,281
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Ohh..... It is from Bakuman damn... I will think of something new then :)

But thanks to both The Boss and Blade5468 for the help, I'm glad there are some people out there who will help folks like me :)

I will start thinking of something all new that is my own all the way. And see what people thinks :)
Glad we could help ^^
If you have a new Idea just post it here xD
 
Top