Seinen - xxxHolic by CLAMP | Page 14 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Seinen xxxHolic by CLAMP

Who is your favorite xxxHOLIC character?

• Kimihiro Watanuki

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Yūko Ichihara

Votes: 19 42.2%
  • Shizuka Dōmeki

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Himawari Kunogi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mokona Modoki

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Kohane Tsuyuri

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Maru and Moro

• Haruka Dōmeki (Shizuka's grandfather)

• Mugetsu (Kudakitsune)

• Zashiki-warashi

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Reed Clow

• Other

• Total voters

howi

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Re: xxxHolic 144 Discussion/Prediction Thread

Vincent Blakhartt,

Greetings. It's nice to meet another reader here.

Remember in a very early chapter... Yuuko's piecing a big jigsaw puzzle when Watanuki was frustrated about how "helpless" he was (when seeing spirits passed on to another girl) and upset about how "mean" Yuuko's being to others... Just like right now, I think we may have over-analyzed / over-complicated a little.

So why not we set aside Clow, Syaoran, Sakura, and others from the different "worlds / dimensions / time" for a moment? Of course, there's no coincidence - ONLY "hitzusen" which brings them together. However, if their "future" aren't in our hands, we could only speculate a few things. Until then, I'm now following the flow and let CLAMP to unfold the story. Eventually, I'm sure it'll be a beautiful picture by the end of the series.

Don't get me wrong: I LOVE healthy and intriguing discussion to be continued and I look forward to seeing all of you in the "new" thread when the next chapter comes. It's whole point we've a forum as such. My opinion is that we focus on Watanuki and Yuuko first, then to the others around them.

Well, it's refreshing to learn another theory suggesting the nature of Watanuki's existence in "his" world. Hmm... if he "wasn't" a human before, then "what's" he? He's simply non-existent in his world paradoxically? Then suddenly he bumped into Yuuko, everything gets interesting - and the future's changing! (Yuuko and her shop are there for a reason as she's hinted many times). This's why I've made my crazy theory earlier that what if Yuuko is Watanuki's "creator / mother"?

A great doctor will try his/her best to heal the patients but when he/she gets sick or requires medical attention, he/she needs the healing hands of another doctor. Then another question: I wonder if Yuuko isn't capable of "dreaming" or having her "dreams"?

TSUBASA171

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

I guess, maybe, Watanuki is a part of Clow, or Clow himself. About Yuuko's surprise face: she appears surprise, I guess, because never anyone ask about her wish before (perhaps only Clow ^_^)
I have a bunch of theories... >_< : April first must be the day Clow desappear.
Yuuko and Clow were close friends (>_<), so FWR... but FWR was blind for power, so he and Clow had a huge fight... Maybe Watanuki is Clow in his "Basic form" and Yuuko is hiding him from FWR (or he doesn't know about it yet...)
I don't know, I guess I am going insane !
a BIG hug to you all!

P.S: About the butterfly thing.... Butterflies have a quick life....:(

howi

Reaction score
Country
Canada

TSUBASA171,

About the butterfly thing.... Butterflies have a quick life....
Quite true. In many cultures, butterfly is related to "transformation" and "dream" too. As for your comment regarding Watanuki could be part of Clow, I think the chance of Watanuki being a part of Syaoran is much more likely.

Last edited:

nekorose

Reaction score
Country
United States

I wonder if Yuuko isn't capable of "dreaming" or having her "dreams"?
Now that is really interesting! If that's the case, do you think she may have created him to dream on her behalf, or perhaps to help her dream?

And TSUBASA171,

As much as I'd like to see a strong connection between Watanuki and Clow, howi's right; whatever is going on with Syaoran is his primary connection to another character. If only Syaoran would stop dancing around the topic and tell us already...

TSUBASA171

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

Howi and Nekorose:
^_^
Guys, but if... both are related with Clow? I know...but I can dream, can't I? And I agre with Nekorose... Why Shaoran doesnt tell anything? At least a clue? Even Watanuki is curious this time T_T (I think Wata is a little late with his curiosity... )
P.S: Do you, all, think Shaoran is Watanuki's dad? I still have doubts... or I don't want believe it...
A big hug to you guys!

cyj

Reaction score
Country
Singapore

I have a theory that Watanuki is the Syaoran of that world, I mean that would explain how they're closer to each other than anyone else. The reason why his "existance is impossible" could be because unlike all other worlds he doesn't look the same like Syaoran. As for the don't disappear thing I still can't work that out. As for the dream world thing, he enters there in his dreams so that makes sense as it is.

Also if that theory kinda makes sense for you guys then what about this one, Himawari is the Sakura of that world? I mean isn't it a BIG coincidence that Sakura has super good luck (well until she gave it away) and Himawari has super bad luck? -Can hear Yuuko in the back saying "there is no coincidence only Hitsuzen"- I know, I know if that's the case how can she be the Sakura of that world? Well it's just a thought. Watanuki is the same as Syaoran but not the same. Himawari is the same as Sakura but not the same.

Also for what Howi said before I've been thinking during the whole series that she's been wanting Watanuki to take over the shop, so I'll agree with ya there.

Anwyays just putting it all out there to see what you think.

P.S. Also if that theory doesn't work I agree with cyj. Yeah Yuuko said he's human, but that's only after he's mixed his blood with Domeki and got that eye of his. Maybe after that he finally has been human. Kinda.. sorta.. maybe? Because look at TRC 168's openning. "Dreams that come true and dreams that don't come true... surely everyone's important things..." Couldn't Watanuki be a dream that came true? gah the suspense is killing me I need to know now! >.<

Also doesn't anyone else think Yuuko might of had a thing for clow, eh? EH? >.>;

P.P.S Ok I'm probably breaking some rule making this post so long but another thought just occurred to me as I re-read TRC 168. Could Syaoran and Watanuki have a bond similar to the two Mokonas?
it's a good theory but i don't think the theory wotks because in volume 11, watanuki mentioned that he will like to meet the sakura and syaoran of this world and mokona who was with him smiled as him as though he agrees. and also if he was the syaoran of that world, then it will kind of contradict clamp's theory of having each world having the same person because of same soul but are still different individuals. if watanuki shares the same soul as syaoran, then why is his name watanuki not syaoran and why doesn he not have the same face as syaoran. argh! this is getting very confusing! clamp is really tormenting us by not releasing new chapters!

Howi and Nekorose:
^_^
Guys, but if... both are related with Clow? I know...but I can dream, can't I? And I agre with Nekorose... Why Shaoran doesnt tell anything? At least a clue? Even Watanuki is curious this time T_T (I think Wata is a little late with his curiosity... )
P.S: Do you, all, think Shaoran is Watanuki's dad? I still have doubts... or I don't want believe it...
A big hug to you guys!
my friend and i came up with that theory too. but we want to deny it because if it is really true, then that just pronounced the death sentence for the sakura and syaoran and we really don't want that to happen...

Last edited:

Vincent Blakhartt

Reaction score
Country
United States

Vincent Blakhartt,

Greetings. It's nice to meet another reader here.

Remember in a very early chapter... Yuuko's piecing a big jigsaw puzzle when Watanuki was frustrated about how "helpless" he was (when seeing spirits passed on to another girl) and upset about how "mean" Yuuko's being to others... Just like right now, I think we may have over-analyzed / over-complicated a little.

So why not we set aside Clow, Syaoran, Sakura, and others from the different "worlds / dimensions / time" for a moment? Of course, there's no coincidence - ONLY "hitzusen" which brings them together. However, if their "future" aren't in our hands, we could only speculate a few things. Until then, I'm now following the flow and let CLAMP to unfold the story. Eventually, I'm sure it'll be a beautiful picture by the end of the series.
I'ma go with Howi. I'm still sticking to my theory but honestly I rather CLAMP take care of the storytelling.

BUT if you guys wanna try out a theory how's this one. WATANUKI IS YUUKO! -le gasp- haha just kidding :p

And thanks for the greeting Howi it's nice to meetcha too :amuse

it's a good theory but i don't think the theory wotks because in volume 11, watanuki mentioned that he will like to meet the sakura and syaoran of this world and mokona who was with him smiled as him as though he agrees. and also if he was the syaoran of that world, then it will kind of contradict clamp's theory of having each world having the same person because of same soul but are still different individuals. if watanuki shares the same soul as syaoran, then why is his name watanuki not syaoran and why doesn he not have the same face as syaoran. argh! this is getting very confusing! clamp is really tormenting us by not releasing new chapters!
just wanted to say that because Watanuki is a contradiction to that theory, that's the reason he shouldn't exist. And I want new chapters too :(

Last edited:

nekorose

Reaction score
Country
United States

Yeah, I doubt it too... it'd be a bit TOO weird!

A big hug to you guys!
Aw, hugs to you too!

And howi and Vincent, you guys are right, we have to trust that CLAMP know what they're doing (that bothers me grammatically, but I can't quite fix it :P). *sigh* I wish they'd at least give us a new chapter. TRC didn't help this week either...

me.halida

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Re: xxxHolic Manga Release Schedule

Noo!!! my sister just told me that xxxholic chapter 145 is delayed to november 12th??!!!
somebody tell me it's not true!!!
i.. (gasping) need.. my.. watanuki.. (died)

Uozumi

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Sailor Yue (who is a reliable source) stated in this thread on the MSN group that Holic won't be back until November, however, she didn't say which day yet.

All I can say is Tsubasa better have some spiffy juicy revelations that's holding xxxHOLiC back for so long. >_>

howi

Reaction score
Country
Canada

Uozumi,

Thank you for the update. I guess CLAMP may not only be occupied by TRC, but also busy with Product I.G for the upcoming season 2 of its TV anime.

Vincent Blakhartt

Reaction score
Country
United States

NO... EFFING... WAI!!!!
xxxHolic still delaying....

*starts crying in the corner* WATANUKI-KUN! DON'T DISAPPEAR!

Vincent Blakhartt

Reaction score
Country
United States

yeah it looks like CLAMP is gonna try to fit in one more arc in TRC before they really start tying it all into xxxHolic cause TRC seems to have a pretty full schedule while xxxHolic's got nuttin'. So they're probably gonna keep pushing things back until TRC can catch up with xxxHolic. But for the record TRC is getting real interesting so that'll keep me happy till more xxxHolic comes out ^_^

nekorose

Reaction score
Country
United States

*sigh*

Such is the way of the world. The mangas that throw a few punches always get more attention than the (in my opinion) more interesting and thought provoking ones. :P Don't get me wrong, I enjoy TRC and, like you Vincent, I am interested in this arc, but at the same time I miss holic so much. *dramatic tears*

Vincent Blakhartt

Reaction score
Country
United States

Haha don't get me wrong either Nekorose. I love xxxHolic so much more than TRC (well maybe not THAT much more, but you get the idea), but I was just stating that more stuff going on in TRC than in xxxHolic. And I really am interested in what's going on. We find out more about the real Syaoran-kun in this arc (hopefully), and heck for all we know we may even see Watanuki-kun randomly poof in (Oh a guy can dream can't he? :p). And for the record I'm starting to get tired of all the manga out there that keep throws punches as you so gleefully put it Nekorose. The thought provoking ones are a lot more fun to read. I am missing xxxHolic. WATANUKI-KUN DON'T DISAPPEAR! WE NEED YOU! *more dramatic tears*

bax

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
xxxHolic 145 Discussion/146 Prediction Thread

Finally!! After a long break, it comes back :amuse
Get your fix HERE!!

The time has come. Discuss this chapter here guys :) And also feel free to predict what's next too.
Have fun

nekorose

Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 145 Discussion/146 Prediction Thread

*sigh*

We wait for weeks, and get no answers whatsoever. And then Sakura at the end... well, we should get some action next time! Though I was really hoping to learn what Yuuko's wish was.

On the other hand, the color pages were awesome as usual with another great Yuuko outfit!

EDIT: I just read TRC 173-- what do you guys think about "Syaoran" giving Watanuki the feather in order to make him real?

Last edited:

Vincent Blakhartt

Reaction score
Country
United States

Watanuki-kun is real but maybe Syaoran-kun is gonna give it to him to make Yuuko's wish come true? Eh? EH? o_O?

Btw neko-chan I like you're avatar. Combining Tsubasa chronicles with xXxHolic. Slick

Last edited:

nekorose

Reaction score
Country
United States

I like that idea! Whatever the reason, I'm cheering for Watanuki to get the feather! It'll at least make things interesting! ;)

And thanks, Vincent-kun! I got it from one of the cross-over pictures (I think from an artbook) that has all the holic and TRC people in school uniforms.

bax

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
xxxHolic 146 Discussion/147 Prediction Thread

Yup, another new chapter. It' just arrived on our shore:amuse
Get your fix HERE!!

The time has come. Discuss this chapter here guys :) And also feel free to predict what's next too.
Have fun!!