Re: xxxHolic 174 Discussion/175 Prediction Thread
That... Doesn't sound very clamp. And the climax is way too close now for all that.
I don't think wata will combat FWR beyond his home world, unless they enter the dream world at any point. And defeating FWR is the tsubasa climax (then again, it might not be. Never know with clamp), while I think holic's is a lot less epic, and while it will probably be significant to tsubasa, they're separate stories, and defeating some guy who, yes, is admittedly very significant to watanuki's creation, but who otherwise he doesn't really have much to with, doesn't seem to fit. Holic is more about watanuki's development as a person, and about "the butterflies dream". So I think those should be at the center of holics finish. Of course if these tie in with tsubasa, then that's fine too, but they can't be identical, partly because it'd be kinda stupid to have both series in the same place told from slightly different perspectives, which just wouldn't work in a comic through multiple chapters.
So yea, different themes, different resolutions.