Seinen xxxHolic by CLAMP

Who is your favorite xxxHOLIC character?

  • Kimihiro Watanuki

    Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Yūko Ichihara

    Votes: 19 42.2%
  • Shizuka Dōmeki

    Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Himawari Kunogi

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mokona Modoki

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Kohane Tsuyuri

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Maru and Moro

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Haruka Dōmeki (Shizuka's grandfather)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mugetsu (Kudakitsune)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zashiki-warashi

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Reed Clow

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Other

    Votes: 1 2.2%

  • Total voters
    45

Lady Sakura-chan

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2009
Messages
197
Reaction score
21
Gender
Female
Country
Sweden
Re: xxxHolic 177 Discussion/178 Prediction Thread

Somehow I can`t imagine Doumeki being Butt-chin. When it comes to jokes, what if Clamp suddenly reveal that Yuko is evil and wants Wata-chan killed and Doumeki is Butt-chin and kills Syaoran and Sakura? The evil will rule in Tsubasa and Holic forever!!!! Then I will seriusly rip Clamp apart!!!!!:guns:guns:guns:guns:guns:guns:guns:guns:guns:guns:guns
 

ShirubiaLamperouge

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2008
Messages
387
Reaction score
50
Gender
Female
Country
New Zealand
Re: xxxHolic 177 Discussion/178 Prediction Thread

I had a really random notion the other day that Yuko was secretly in league with FWR. But traitorous people do not lie when talking to themselves. And besides, Yuko is far to sensible for that.
 

Tsubasaholic

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2008
Messages
385
Reaction score
92
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: xxxHolic 177 Discussion/178 Prediction Thread

I dunno. . . I think treacherous people could easily lie when talking to themselves. I don't think Watanuki IS Clow and Doumeki IS FWR (he's FAR to mentally unstable for that. Doumeki is one of the most together people in the manga). I'm just wondering why Clamp is implying a connection like crazy
 

Uozumi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2006
Messages
331
Reaction score
2
Age
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic Manga Release Schedule

oh gah.. clamp changed their site up and now a pain to get round since takes forever to load the flash crap...
and also do they even know their own release schedule?!? they still show they 177 aint supposed to be out til the 6th but we all know that isnt right... anyhow heres the new schedule already w/ fixes...

03/30 - Young Magazine #18 - Chapter 177
04/06 - Young Magazine #19 - No xxxHOLiC scheduled
04/13 - Young Magazine #20 - Chapter 178
04/20 - Young Magazine #21 - Chapter 179
Given what CLAMP has said about March 30 being skipped but it wasn't, maybe this old schedule is actually the right one?
 

watanuki01/04

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2008
Messages
140
Reaction score
28
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: xxxHolic 177 Discussion/178 Prediction Thread

Maybe, like Watanuki is related to Clow, Doumeki is related to FWR. I don't think FWR was always evil, something tragic made him what he is. It can happen to the most mentally stable person!
 

Tsubasaholic

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2008
Messages
385
Reaction score
92
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: xxxHolic 177 Discussion/178 Prediction Thread

Watanuki IS related to Clow. He's the child of two people who Yuuko repeatedly says are of Clow's bloodline which means he is related to Clow.

I've said this on the other forum, but I think FWR is drawn more like someone from xxxHolic than from TRC. He also looks scarily like Doumeki. Does anyone else think it's interesting that when Clamp had the perfect chance to show us what an adult Doumeki would look like, they instead decided to make Haruka look like the teenage Doumeki? Also, Doumeki has the egg and is therefore going to be VERY important

I would just like to repeat that I am NOT saying Doumeki is FWR, I don;t think that is the case.
 

Flipper

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 27, 2009
Messages
35
Reaction score
9
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: xxxHolic 177 Discussion/178 Prediction Thread

I've said this on the other forum, but I think FWR is drawn more like someone from xxxHolic than from TRC. He also looks scarily like Doumeki. Does anyone else think it's interesting that when Clamp had the perfect chance to show us what an adult Doumeki would look like, they instead decided to make Haruka look like the teenage Doumeki? Also, Doumeki has the egg and is therefore going to be VERY important.
When I first read Xxxholic, I thought it was because that was the only memory he had of Dômeki (I know it's his grandfather, but that was the only physical form his mind could manifest that could be similar to Haruka). Later, I realized that you could meet people in dreams, whom you've never met, so that theory went down in flames. Since then I've always thought that it's to make it easier for Watanuki (I know it's a rather shallow and simple thought). As the latest episode featured some heavy foreshadowing on the importance of the egg, I'm certain it's time is drawing near, not too long left till the next episode...:(

I would just like to repeat that I am NOT saying Doumeki is FWR, I don;t think that is the case.
I really think (hope) this isn't the case.
 

PirateFiend

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2009
Messages
167
Reaction score
43
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 177 Discussion/178 Prediction Thread

Okay, if TRC 218 is out, where is xxxHolic 178??? :(
 

NymphStealer

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2008
Messages
94
Reaction score
164
Gender
Female
Country
Guam
Re: xxxHolic Manga Release Schedule

Given what CLAMP has said about March 30 being skipped but it wasn't, maybe this old schedule is actually the right one?
Yes so far the one I posted is accurate and the site flipper linked has also updated their schedule to show that one since well there was no xxxHOLiC that came out mon. that I know of. It just got confusing since Clamps site isn't showin accurate information about when 177 came out. Hopefully the next update to their site info they won't make last minute changes confuse us all again... hee hee.....
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 177 Discussion/178 Prediction Thread

Okay, if TRC 218 is out, where is xxxHolic 178??? :(
CLAMP has irregular releases that do not always match up for the two manga being released concurrently. To see when xxxHolic will be released, check this thread.
 

howi

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 25, 2007
Messages
48
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: xxxHolic 177 Discussion/178 Prediction Thread

Flipper / Tsubasaholic,

There're few other characters look like Doumeki too: how about Kurogane ?
 

PirateFiend

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2009
Messages
167
Reaction score
43
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 177 Discussion/178 Prediction Thread

Ah. The schedule I had was behind--it had the break in a different place. Guess it was updated. Thanks. :)
 

Tsubasaholic

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2008
Messages
385
Reaction score
92
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: xxxHolic 177 Discussion/178 Prediction Thread

howi - Look at the eyes. You'll see what I mean. And I'm not just talking about the way they both have weak vision in the same eye.
 

ShirubiaLamperouge

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2008
Messages
387
Reaction score
50
Gender
Female
Country
New Zealand
Re: xxxHolic 177 Discussion/178 Prediction Thread

Yea... Strange.
I've always kinda wondered this, but do people think there's some link between sakura and himawari? You know, sakura's good luck, himawari's bad luck... I assume someone has considered this before. I don't know what kind of link. All I can think is the same as wata and rsyaoran, but that makes no sense. Unless... Something scary about time rewinding, and how there seem to be two clows, and rsakura isn't there but csakura is, and whether a person taking someones place in time needs to take their place in the same world... But then she would have needed to have been born in clow, and that'd just be weird. I dunno. It's like himawari would have replaced rsakura when rsakura was captured, and clow was wound back, but instead csakura did... It'd be nice to have a more specific time frame. I think I'm going to start making one. It's going to look very strange.
 

DontWakeMeUp

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2009
Messages
294
Reaction score
39
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 177 Discussion/178 Prediction Thread

I'm pretty sure that someone had mentioned some sort of connection between Sakura and Himawari many chapters ago, but it was never really elaborated on...
It seems as though we're all finding more and more connections between characters. o.O
 

Tsubasaholic

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2008
Messages
385
Reaction score
92
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: xxxHolic 177 Discussion/178 Prediction Thread

Himawari has never had enough. . . presence to feel really important. I don't think she has bad luck though. None of the things that happen around her are ever because of her. I think she speeds up people's karma rather than actually giving them bad luck. The MUST be a connection between her and the clones though, she was given one of the eggs and that alone counts as a connection. Why though. . .?

Does anyone else think it's ironic that the Sakuras are supposedly "lucky" and yet the R!s have had a time exceedeed in tribulation only by the C!s who two of the most star-crossed people EVER? Don't say C!Sakura's unlucky because she gave up her luck. Before Infinity ever happened she'd lost her momories of her most precious person and her realisation that she loved them (hah! Take that amnesia!) coincided with them relapsing into mindless/heartless monster who, quite literally, dumped her and walked away. Yes, Sakura is fortunate indeed.
 
Last edited:

Lady Sakura-chan

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2009
Messages
197
Reaction score
21
Gender
Female
Country
Sweden
The Yuuko Ichihara Shrine

Hello everyone! I came up with this today, because Yuko don`t have thread of her own. She is a wonderful character, deep personality, she is beautiful, powerful and is so...I just admire her a lot.

On this thread, everything about Yuko will do. Her clothes, her orgin, her magic, her relationsship with Clow, everything with Yuko is welcome. Tributs for Yuko is also welcome here, because things are not looking go for her now!

I know that they are members here who burns of love for her. My goal is to unite as many Yuko-supporters as possible!!! Are you with me!?:wtf:wtf:wtf
 

ShirubiaLamperouge

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2008
Messages
387
Reaction score
50
Gender
Female
Country
New Zealand
Re: xxxHolic 177 Discussion/178 Prediction Thread

I agree about Himawari never really seeming important, although... Meh. With the eggs, the egg (well, bird now) she has is like holic, it affects her as an individual, without any massive world changing effects. And, to round off the metaphor, what if the second egg is like TRC, with the big scary world-twisting-ness. That was an interesting end to a sentence.

I was going to say that luck is relevant to things that are based on chance, but then, so much WAS based on chance. Sakura goes down to the ruins randomly to see Syaoran (although maybe that was like set in her programming or something, to be there at that time), and then just before rsyaoran shows up in Tokyo larg says "will "syaoran" make it in time?" after talking about the seal on csyaorans eye. So maybe her luck just affects gambling and general safety (how it made sure they didn't go to any particularly dangerous worlds)...?
 

Flipper

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 27, 2009
Messages
35
Reaction score
9
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: xxxHolic 177 Discussion/178 Prediction Thread

That really depends on your personal perception of luck. Some people consider every action dependant on luck, for example; if somebody drops something infront of you and you stop to pick it up, that could delay your arrival at the destined location, which could alter other things leading to a chain reaction. This on the other hand clashes with hitzusen, so in this sense Sakura's luck could be related to things that are dictated by chance alone, for example; the tossing of a die (disregarding the fact that the die could be rigged).

These small details are what drives us crazy, it's like Tsubasaholic said, if we would just disregard the smallest of notions and read the story it wouldn't be as confusing but what else should we do inbetween chapters?:)
 

howi

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 25, 2007
Messages
48
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: The Yuuko Ichihara Shrine

Lady Sakura-chan,

Another fan of Yuuko here ;-)

I don't about others but Yuuko, the character, to me has been changing my perspective quite a bit from the beginning... from a sexual, arrogant, selfish, calculated figure to more sensual, respectful, witty, philosophical one. She's like connecting the dots of all CLAMP's series and unsolved mysteries.

Perhaps we'd start gathering the links to her wallpapers, avatar, etc.?!
 
Top