Seinen xxxHolic by CLAMP

Who is your favorite xxxHOLIC character?

  • Kimihiro Watanuki

    Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Yūko Ichihara

    Votes: 19 42.2%
  • Shizuka Dōmeki

    Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Himawari Kunogi

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mokona Modoki

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Kohane Tsuyuri

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Maru and Moro

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Haruka Dōmeki (Shizuka's grandfather)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mugetsu (Kudakitsune)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zashiki-warashi

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Reed Clow

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Other

    Votes: 1 2.2%

  • Total voters
    45

cari-hime

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2009
Messages
52
Reaction score
15
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Ecuador
Re: xxxHolic 193 Discussion/194 Prediction Thread

YaYY 4 this chapter!
Now I'm pretty sure that Wata has to meet Yuko again- eventually- at some point! I can hardly wait...
I do believe that Clow created FWR unintentionally though.
 

ShirubiaLamperouge

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2008
Messages
387
Reaction score
50
Gender
Female
Country
New Zealand
Re: xxxHolic 193 Discussion/194 Prediction Thread

The bit from tsubasa is from some new pages that were included in volume 28 but not in the chapter published in the magazine. You can get them on chibiyuuto.
 

oralyon

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2008
Messages
213
Reaction score
39
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: xxxHolic 193 Discussion/194 Prediction Thread

Care to post the link ? I can't find it.
 

oralyon

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2008
Messages
213
Reaction score
39
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: xxxHolic 193 Discussion/194 Prediction Thread

Thanks.

Well that pretty much confirm what I was saying. FWR is something that was either created by Clow or Watanuki. Watanuki, most likely.
 

<.Haruka.>

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2009
Messages
629
Reaction score
385
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
Re: xxxHolic 193 Discussion/194 Prediction Thread

I think the journey of tsubasa gang would be more of watanuki & syaoran self-searching (maybe about their existence especially watanuki)

Wata is more likely to be a descendent from either clow or fwr but he couldn't be either of the two (..hopefully)

Anyway back to the recent chapter.. Haruka is right, Wata should take care of himself if he wants Yuuko not to be sad (wherever she is).
 

TheDarkestofNights

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 27, 2009
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: xxxHolic 193 Discussion/194 Prediction Thread

The way I read it, it sounded like Watanuki always had an enormous power, and that somebody (Mayhap FWR) sealed it, so that Watanuki had no access to it. The power of his eyes was left so that he could see the ones attracted to his blood, so that he could avoid them and not get eaten. Because that would be sad. And I would Cry. Just like I am doing now 'cause I have to wait for another 3 weeks until I can be xxxHolic land again...
Maybe I will re-read it over My holidays...
 

ZaCloud

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2009
Messages
176
Reaction score
75
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 193 Discussion/194 Prediction Thread

Well, since Clow is known for reincarnating on and off... Watanuki could very well be a Clow reincarnation. Clow had powerful powers, so does Watanuki. The resemblance was openly noted. Watanuki is a paradox of existence, and it could be argued that Clow would easily fit into things as such. His soul could easily have taken up the position as Shaoran's place-holder when the wrinkle occurred. And lastly, it would have been like him to gravitate into a life where he could meet Yuuko again, since he had wanted so strongly to be with her.

That would match both him coming to meet Yuuko in the first place, and then Watanuki's mild obsession to see her again. Watanuki himself barely registered much life outside of Yuuko's cut-off existance, and any people she put him in contact with. So in a way his very existence revolved around Yuuko, and was wrought by Clow's inner desires.
 

oralyon

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2008
Messages
213
Reaction score
39
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: xxxHolic 193 Discussion/194 Prediction Thread

No... You're ignoring the fact that Watanuki is Syaoran. Born from his wish to wind back time. That mean he can't be Clow reincarnation. He will become Clow. That's the only explanation for him meeting Yuuko again. And the perso who sealed Watanuki powers isn't FWR but Yuuko.
 

[Ju-Ni]Vicissitude

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2007
Messages
128
Reaction score
119
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic Manga Release Schedule

Wish I'd checked the thread before I went to pick up Young Mag. :s
 

shaheer

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 7, 2009
Messages
4,190
Reaction score
2,208
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
xxxHOLIC 194 Discussion/195 Predictions Thread

hei guys 194 is out in OM check it out here
 
Last edited:

Reidluver

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 18, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHOLIC 194 Discussion/195 Predictions Thread

I can't believe what happened! The whole time I was wondering why there was so much focus on the pipe, and then as soon as the bunny asked for Watanuki to say "You may enter" I knew there was going to be trouble. Watanuki, how could you be so stupid?! I sure hope that the pipe fox and Doumeki will be able to help him out.

That being said, I liked that the spider woman came back. I was wondering what had happened to her after she took Watanuki's eye. And it's exciting because now there is going to be a little bit of action going on in the shop.

Last note---anyone else really enjoy the colored pages? It was a really rich color.
 

ZaCloud

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2009
Messages
176
Reaction score
75
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHOLIC 194 Discussion/195 Predictions Thread

Oh yes, the color pages were beautiful. And despite not much "happening" in this chapter (until the end of course), seeing the details of workmanship of the pipesmith was atmospheric and pleasant in its own way. So many nowadays don't appreciate the value of hard work or the talent of a professional. So it was refreshing to see that crafted for us in such loving detail.

Plus the bunny is cool! And it was good to see a supernatural interact with Watanuki again. ^_^

And now the spider lady returning... a big twist! I'm intrigued and looking forward to how this'll play out!
 

xxxfeather

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2009
Messages
75
Reaction score
12
Gender
Female
Country
Peru
Re: xxxHOLIC 194 Discussion/195 Predictions Thread

Ahh, finally chapter 194. I needed to read manga desperately.

I can't believe what happened! The whole time I was wondering why there was so much focus on the pipe, and then as soon as the bunny asked for Watanuki to say "You may enter" I knew there was going to be trouble. Watanuki, how could you be so stupid?! I sure hope that the pipe fox and Doumeki will be able to help him out.
I agree with Reidluver. I thought this was foused on the pipe or on Watanuki's dream and then the spider queen comes back. There's going to be a lot trouble here. I wonder what he's going to do now, since Yuuko is not there to protect him. I hope she won't kidnap him or something worse (take his other eye?).

Last note---anyone else really enjoy the colored pages? It was a really rich color.
I do. Those pages look so beautiful. :cheerbunny :clap2
 

shaheer

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 7, 2009
Messages
4,190
Reaction score
2,208
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Re: xxxHOLIC 194 Discussion/195 Predictions Thread

eh i dont think she will do any thing bad , rather i think she ll have a request or sth. somehow i doubt the bunny would request in her steed to watanuki, since watanuki seem to to know her a lot
 

Snowolf

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2009
Messages
200
Reaction score
30
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHOLIC 194 Discussion/195 Predictions Thread

OOH. This was a great chapter. It started off very usually, but I loved seeing another supernatural being. He kinda reminded me of the Fox's oden shop thing.

OH. AND THE END. WHY ISN'T IT NEXT WEEK? Uh oh. Looks like Watanuki-kun is in trouble indeed. And I think it may have to do with what the bunny said- if you stay in a dream too long, you might not be able to come back. Is that what they're planning to do?

I can't wait!
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Re: Where to get xxxHOLIC?

Updated. Just a heads up to people, check Fail Manga (a Editing group) for downloads of newest chapters released, if you don't feel like reading the chapter online like on OneManga.
 

idlemind009

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 4, 2009
Messages
21
Reaction score
4
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: xxxHOLIC 194 Discussion/195 Predictions Thread

Watanuki has made a big boo-boo.

The lady has no need to enter the shop, which is why she needed his permission to enter...she was able to do so because bunny ears spoke on her behalf, she knew that they payment for the pipe wouldn't be enough.

What could she possibly want ? what could be her wish ?
 

<.Haruka.>

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2009
Messages
629
Reaction score
385
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
Re: xxxHOLIC 194 Discussion/195 Predictions Thread

The last page was a nice cliffhanger :amuse

Hopefully the Spider lady won't bring much trouble to Watanuki & others...
Although she's not just an ordinary customer, granting a wish from her... it might be a challenge for Watanuki...
 

ZaCloud

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2009
Messages
176
Reaction score
75
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHOLIC 194 Discussion/195 Predictions Thread

But, if she needed permission to enter, then that could mean that she doesn't have a wish (because then, she could have just entered on her own). Scaryyyyy..... (but it's still possible it was for a wish, I keep either possibility open).
 
Top