Seinen xxxHolic by CLAMP

Who is your favorite xxxHOLIC character?

  • Kimihiro Watanuki

    Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Yūko Ichihara

    Votes: 19 42.2%
  • Shizuka Dōmeki

    Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Himawari Kunogi

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mokona Modoki

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Kohane Tsuyuri

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Maru and Moro

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Haruka Dōmeki (Shizuka's grandfather)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mugetsu (Kudakitsune)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zashiki-warashi

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Reed Clow

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Other

    Votes: 1 2.2%

  • Total voters
    45

watanuki01/04

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2008
Messages
140
Reaction score
28
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: xxxHolic 171 Discussion/172 Prediction Thread

wow. The lack of responses on this chapter really shows how dissapointing this chapter was. I was really hoping this chapter would reflect whats going on in Tsubasa as RShaoran is battling out with his clone.

It was good to see Domeki, Himawari and Kohane back, perhaps this is in preperartion of something important happening in the near future!!

Other than that the only other thing i picked up on was the fact that Mokona says that this cooking lady isn't Yuuko's client, but watanuki's. This would seem to support what some people are predicting, that watanuki is kind of following in Yuuko's line of business. Or something similar anyway!!
 

howi

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 25, 2007
Messages
48
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: xxxHolic 171 Discussion/172 Prediction Thread

watanuki01/04,

No, it is not disappointing to me and I rather think how busy we all are during the holiday season.

I think CLAMP has struck a right balance not to keep crossing-over w/ TRC chapter by chapter. Everyone starts to "move forward" - including Watanuki! So helping that strange young lady to move forward is quite a learning process for both.

As for thought of taking over Yuuko's shop, I have been wishing that. However, it is the Watanuki's call (actually CLAMP) hehehe :) Merry X'mas to you!
 

watanuki01/04

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2008
Messages
140
Reaction score
28
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: xxxHolic 171 Discussion/172 Prediction Thread

oh well, everyone allowed thier oppinion!!
Merry Christmas!!
:)
 

Vanessa Li

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 1, 2008
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
Mexico
Re: xxxHolic 171 Discussion/172 Prediction Thread

Merry Christmas!

First, finally after a long time we had color pages!!!!!! :D
And then, about the chapter, well... It had many pages, and the front page double-colored one) mentioned some really interestng facts that again, bring to my mind the fact that evrything we are seing is Yuuko's dream -not like she's sleeping allright?- and hopefully it will come through perfect.

Kohane-chan and Himawari again, but the trust of Domeki towards Watanuki was so cute that I couldn't help sighing.

And, that's it, except for the change of color (correct me if I'm mistaken, I don't have tha manga anymore on my computer, nor on my hands and I don't feel like checking right now a chapter) in Watanuki's eyes.
 

Tsubasaholic

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2008
Messages
385
Reaction score
92
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: xxxHolic 171 Discussion/172 Prediction Thread

I don't know how central to Tsubasa the events in xxxHolic are going to be. The two series have points of overlap, but my impression is that they are fundamentally about two separate things. xxxHolic is about Watanuki deciding he will exist and Yuuko's dream. Tsubasa is more the story of R!Syaoran, C!Syaoran, and FWR's dream. Tsubasa is more epic in its focus and scope and so the events of Tsubasa will influence those of xxxHolic more than those of xxxHolic influence those of Tsubasa.
 

Longyen

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: xxxHolic 171 Discussion/172 Prediction Thread

I think the next chapter will be quite interesting, because Kohane comes in(looking as cute as always), possibly to invite watanuki over. If she does, that is a sure sign of the ending of the series! In the previous chapter, Yuuko said that next time Watanuki comes over, it will all come to an end! I am pretty excited about what is going to happen.
 

Tsubasaholic

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2008
Messages
385
Reaction score
92
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: xxxHolic 171 Discussion/172 Prediction Thread

Good point about Kohane. . . xxxHolic hasn't passed the part in TRC where Yuuko gives away her location to send Fai, Kurogane, and R!Syaoran to Clow. I'd be very surprised if that event doesn't come up. The invite could easily be part of it. Watanuki wasn't around when Yuuko sent the TRC group to the separated time. . . Ah well, 'tis all most mysterious and I too am keen for the next chapter!
 

watanuki01/04

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2008
Messages
140
Reaction score
28
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: xxxHolic 171 Discussion/172 Prediction Thread

tsubasaholic
I'm not sure i agree. When Yuuko sends everyone to Clow country, she's wearing the same kimono as she does when she's talking to Watanuki in the dream. Some might sau coincidence but as we all know "there is no such thing as coincidence in this world, only hitsuzen".
Therefore, is that kimono only worn in the dream? in which case did yuuko send the tsubasa guys to clow country from inside a dream.
Or, is what happens in the dream with watanuki, happen around the same time she send the tsubasa guys to clow country and the cut off time.
Couple of ideas there. what do people think?
 

Tsubasaholic

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2008
Messages
385
Reaction score
92
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: xxxHolic 171 Discussion/172 Prediction Thread

watanuki01/04 (nice name)

Thanks for those questions - they've made me think.

Good point about the kimono - I'm not sure what to make of that. It is very much Yuuko's dream world outfit. I've been reviewing when Yuuko sending them on in Tsubasa and the dream world in xxxHolic and I'm starting to wonder if the shop isn't at least partly in the dream world (which would be why Yuuko's wearing her kimono). It's existence to people is connected to their dreams/wishes and it exists in the dream world along with the Sakura tree. If that's the case then we're both right. . .
As for timing, I think the Watanuki-in-the-dream-world arc happens sometime during the Celes country/Nihon country arcs in Tsubasa. C!Sakura's there at the beginning so that's definitely post-Infinity and R!Syaoran turns up at one point wearing his Celes clothes. Then C!Sakura's gone - which implies Nihon and Yuuko's wearing the kimono that she does when she sends them on. Then again, you'd expect the shop to be gone by now if that's the case. Countering that comes time flows differently between worlds. . . Well, I'm sure it will all make sense eventually

Sorry to write such a monster post. I have difficulty stopping once I get going. . .
 

Vande

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2008
Messages
89
Reaction score
52
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: xxxHolic 171 Discussion/172 Prediction Thread

As we know it is very rare Yuuko wears the same set of clothes twice so there has to be a reason behind it.
 

NymphStealer

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2008
Messages
94
Reaction score
164
Gender
Female
Country
Guam
Re: xxxHolic Manga Release Schedule

from clamp-net.com


12/01 - Young Magazine #01 - No XXXHOLiC scheduled
12/08 - Young Magazine #02 - No XXXHOLiC scheduled
12/15 - Young Magazine #03 - Chapter 171
12/22 - Young Magazine #04/05 - No XXXHOLiC scheduled



12/15 - Young Magazine #03 - Chapter 171
12/22 - Young Magazine #04/05 - No XXXHOLiC scheduled
01/05 - Young Magazine #06/07 - No XXXHOLiC scheduled
01/19 - Young Magazine #08 - Chapter 172



small update from clamp-net

12/22 - Young Magazine #04/05 - No xxxHOLiC scheduled
01/05 - Young Magazine #06/07 - No xxxHOLiC scheduled
01/19 - Young Magazine #08 - Chapter 172
01/26 - Young Magazine #09 - Chapter 173



01/05 - Young Magazine #06/07 - No xxxHOLiC scheduled
01/19 - Young Magazine #08 - Chapter 172
01/26 - Young Magazine #09 - Chapter 173
02/02 - Young Magazine #10 - No xxxHOLiC scheduled
 
Last edited:

watanuki01/04

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2008
Messages
140
Reaction score
28
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: xxxHolic 171 Discussion/172 Prediction Thread

I've discovered another chapter where Yuuko wears that butterfly kimono! Chapter 170 in which she gets a phone call from the fortune teller and then has a conversation with Haruka.
I orginally thought that maybe Yuuko wears this kimono when shes in a dream world or something, but now i'm not so sure as she is wearing the same kimono when she is talking to Haruka (asumingly in the dream world) to when shes talking to the fortune teller.
Oh well, what is important though is that that kimona holds a lot of importance, similar to the outfit that she wears when both she sends the Tsubasa characters across worlds.
 

Tsubasaholic

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2008
Messages
385
Reaction score
92
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: xxxHolic 171 Discussion/172 Prediction Thread

I still wonder if the shop is somehow connected to or part of the dream world. The kimono supports that. It also seems to me that it's sort of Yuuko's fundamental outfit, if that makes any sense at all. Oh, watanuki01/04 I know this is off topic, but I liked your term "soul warriors" for FWRs minions. I'll most likely use it now
 

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 9, 2007
Messages
6,761
Reaction score
907
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: xxxHolic Manga Release Schedule

There's been a change to the most recent release schedule, 173 won't be released the week after 172 is, instead, there'll be a two week break.

The modified schedule goes now as the following:

01/19 - Young Magazine #08 - Chapter 172 (on sale).
01/26 - Young Magazine #09 - No XXXHOLiC scheduled.
02/02 - Young Magazine #10 - No XXXHOLiC scheduled.
 

[Ju-Ni]Vicissitude

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2007
Messages
128
Reaction score
119
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic Manga Release Schedule

Two more Wednesdays off? Awesome! I love my sleep. :amuse
 

KaNx

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2007
Messages
1,033
Reaction score
8,050
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Mauritius
xxxHolic 172 Discussion/173 Prediction Thread

The new chapter is out, you can grab it here.

When you're done, discuss it here and predict what the next one's going to be all about :)
 

Tsubasaholic

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2008
Messages
385
Reaction score
92
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: xxxHolic 172 Discussion/173 Prediction Thread

That was a nice chapter. It makes me happy to see Watanuki doing so well. Balm for my wounded soul after TRC 210. . . I hope he can taste what he makes now, it would be nice for him :)
 

watanuki01/04

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2008
Messages
140
Reaction score
28
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: xxxHolic 172 Discussion/173 Prediction Thread

Excellent!! Loved this chapter! Watanuki seemed a lot like Yuuko during that Chapter.
Tsubasaholic, you're sooo right, it was really good to read this after trc210, made me feel a little better!
 

Faiell

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 19, 2009
Messages
29
Reaction score
2
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 172 Discussion/173 Prediction Thread

OTL; I read xxxHolic first and then TRC.

Anyways...
D'awww I love Watanuki in this chapter. xD
Although I thought his smile on the last page was very sad. : ( Or... at least, not happy.
 

ShirubiaLamperouge

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2008
Messages
387
Reaction score
50
Gender
Female
Country
New Zealand
Re: xxxHolic 172 Discussion/173 Prediction Thread

Wow he does seem like yuko. Not least in the scene where he says "there is only hitsuzen" or something along those lines. And that was a really nice chapter for watanuki. I suppose it made me feel a little better...
 
Top