Seinen xxxHolic by CLAMP

Who is your favorite xxxHOLIC character?

  • Kimihiro Watanuki

    Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Yūko Ichihara

    Votes: 19 42.2%
  • Shizuka Dōmeki

    Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Himawari Kunogi

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mokona Modoki

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Kohane Tsuyuri

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Maru and Moro

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Haruka Dōmeki (Shizuka's grandfather)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mugetsu (Kudakitsune)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zashiki-warashi

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Reed Clow

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Other

    Votes: 1 2.2%

  • Total voters
    45

Vande

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2008
Messages
89
Reaction score
52
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: xxxHolic Manga Release Schedule

There is a break between issues 22 & 23 for Golden Week.


Latest Mag confirmed 11th May as next chapter release.
 
Last edited:

oralyon

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2008
Messages
213
Reaction score
39
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: xxxHolic 180 Discussion/181 Prediction Thread

My guess is that only people who have magical power can remember her. I think everybody who doesn't had any have forgotten about Yuuko as soon as she dissapeared.

I wonder if they just all forgotten suddendly because of yuuko's vanishing or if they had forgotten long ago. Maybe everytime one of her work is finish, the client forget everything about her. That would explain how the shop manage to stay a secret from eveyone.

And maybe this have something to do with her wish... I suppose it must be a sad existence for her to never have anyone remember you.
 
Last edited:

Lady Sakura-chan

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2009
Messages
197
Reaction score
21
Gender
Female
Country
Sweden
Re: xxxHolic 180 Discussion/181 Prediction Thread

ALRIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THAT IS ENOUGHT OF YOU CLAMP!!!!!!!!!YUKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU CAN`T MAKE EVERYONE FORGET ABOUT HER!!!!!!!!!!11

Seriusly, I don`t give A DAMN about Himawari, Doumeki, Haruka or any other Holic character exept Yuko, Watanuki and Mokona as well as Maru and Moro!! They are just ANNOYING!!!They can almost do and die!!!It won`t matter to me!:guns:guns:guns:guns
 

freedomrise

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 4, 2009
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: xxxHolic 180 Discussion/181 Prediction Thread

they couldn't have forgotten Yuuko straight after the wish has been granted. Some clients came because they have heard from other people that this shop can grant wishes.

Unless they only retain the memory of the shop, but not Yuuko. Did the shop just disappear when Watanuki stepped into it???
 

cari-hime

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2009
Messages
52
Reaction score
15
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Ecuador
Re: xxxHolic 180 Discussion/181 Prediction Thread

Hi guys! I'm new to this forum ;)

What? No way! This can't be happening! i don't want them to forget about Yuko as if she never existed... not fair
 

Snowolf

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2009
Messages
200
Reaction score
30
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 180 Discussion/181 Prediction Thread

OH GOD.

OMG. THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING. What happened to "Don't Disappear!" theme? HELLO?

Lol, maybe Yūko took Watanuki's wish to disappear and put it on herself...jk. :D

Anyways, on a serious note: I agree that maybe after the wishes are granted, they forget about Yūko. However, why hasn't this happened to Kohane-chan and Doumeki-kun and Himawari-chan? Hm....and Watanuki entering pitch blackness. Maybe he entered the dream world again? Or finally, that "day" has come and the shop is no longer needed? (Remember- Yūko said that the shop was built for the sake of the day that would come.) Since the shop exists in a different dimension, and it's gone...maybe Watanuki is stuck in an "empty" dimension?

At this point, I think it's clear that we really can't fathom on what CLAMP is going to come up with. After reading the most recent chapters of TRC, I got that. (It's all WAY over our heads, lol). I'm just praying Yūko comes back home safely. :D
 

watanuki01/04

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2008
Messages
140
Reaction score
28
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: xxxHolic 180 Discussion/181 Prediction Thread

Wow lots of new people!! Very exciting! I welcome you all!

Lady Sakura-chan, your post made me laugh! Especially as i had to scroll sideways to read it all!! :D

I too am very upset about everyone forgetting Yuuko, she is the best character ever!! But i have hope!!! I think Watanuki has just stepped into the dream world again by the looks of it, so i'm hoping that we will see Yuuko again in the next chapter.

Roll on next week and chapter 181!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

Lady Sakura-chan

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2009
Messages
197
Reaction score
21
Gender
Female
Country
Sweden
Re: xxxHolic 180 Discussion/181 Prediction Thread

I kind of was carried away by the chapter. Yuko are SO not going to disspear! A new chapter next week? That is good to hear....at least something to look forvard to. This chapter totally crashed my happines about the clones being alive:crying.... Two more weeks to go.....
 

Tsubasaholic

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2008
Messages
385
Reaction score
92
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: xxxHolic 180 Discussion/181 Prediction Thread

Hey! New people! Welcome to the show guys :D It's great to see a surge in support for our very own witch of the dimensions. To quote our Lady Sakura-chan, Yuuko-supporters of the world unite!!!!

ZaCloud - I wish they could hear us too. . . I have a few things to say to the clones and a very many questions for Yuuko.

Full Metal Hyde - LOL! Love your avatar! It pretty much perfectly sums up how I'm feeling about recent developments.

Lady Sakura-chan - I know exactly how you feel. How I did in that long dark tunnel between Nihon and the current arc when NO ONE showed any sign that they remembered the clones and everything was about R!*freaking*Syaoran. At least here we've got Watanuki running about shouting for Yuuko but that doens't mean that this doesn't absolutely SUCK

I don't think Watanuki will forget Yuuko, she's the reason for his change. If he forgets her it would be like him forgetting everything that has happened to him since he came to the shop and that would just be wrong. Like Donna in Dr Who only, if possible, worse (though I still cried like a baby when that happened)! also, he was too close to Yuuko to forget her like that. She wasn't just a wish broker to him, she was a friend.

I have a strange half-theory. I think Yuuko is trying to buy Clow's dream. remember all that stuff about buying dreams? I'm wondering if Yuuko's trying to buy Clow's dream and completely erasing herself is the price. Or maybe this is the price for the Butterfly's Dream. the second sounds more likely. That buying dreams stuff hasn't been recurred to since the time Watanuki met Haruka and sounds like it could be important.

Another thing I'm wondering is what the exchange was that made Watanuki give up all his memories for the sake of R!Syaoran. They must have met each other before xxxHolic began somehow (how? dream world?) There's a lot we don't know about that. I have this weird theory that the only things Watanuki remembers are the ones we've seen or heard referenced in xxxHolic. His memory loss seems to be ongoing, unlike C!Sakura's which was one off.

Whatever happens inside the Clampverse, remember this: as long as we, the readers, remember Yuuko, she isn't forgotten.

CLAMP IS COMING TO EUROPE!!!
 
Last edited:

kurofaikitty

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2009
Messages
76
Reaction score
16
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 180 Discussion/181 Prediction Thread

finally some plot development tebayo . . . but i kinda expected somethin like this. i was a little surprised to see the twins tho. i like them. (and i still hate cooking lady) and did the shop just dissapear? or did wata just step into the fianl dream confrontation thing. if it just disspeared, i think we would have seen teh lot. but it went all black, like the dream world. and why does doumeki remember as well? becuase he's connected to wata-kitty? idk . . .
 

Lady Sakura-chan

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2009
Messages
197
Reaction score
21
Gender
Female
Country
Sweden
Re: xxxHolic 180 Discussion/181 Prediction Thread

Thanks for the comfronting, Tsubasaholic and welcome newscomers to this lovely madhouse.
That dark is worring me. Usually in any Clamp manga there is bad things comming from that...Wonder if Watanuki will inheritate Yuko`s shop now? I don`t think so, because being the owner of that shop seems to be RESTRICTED!!

I had a really veird teori about Yuko`s wish.
What if Yuko has a child? Somewere in another dimension, tucked saftly away from Butt-chin. She lost her child when her time was frozen and she becomed the witch of the dimension? Perhaps her wish is to have her child back? That would be a natural mother`s wish.
Ahhh...I can already imagine a littel Yuko-copy child loooking exacly like her....
 

ShirubiaLamperouge

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2008
Messages
387
Reaction score
50
Gender
Female
Country
New Zealand
Re: xxxHolic 180 Discussion/181 Prediction Thread

LOL LITTLE YUUKO. KAWAIIIII!!!!

*sigh* only two weeks and I've already cracked completely...

I think the dark is likely the dream world. It could be him going to where Yuuko and the clones are. Hey I wonder if clamp would answer a question concerning a rough estimate of how many chapters there are left at that Japan expo thing. It'd be nice to know just how much longer I'm going to have to spend 99% of my time waiting for the NEXT CHAPTER. *twitch*
 

Tsubasaholic

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2008
Messages
385
Reaction score
92
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: xxxHolic 180 Discussion/181 Prediction Thread

Patience my young padawan. Patience.

I think the dark is probably a sign Watanuki is entering the dream world. What else could it be, really. It'll probably be the last time he sees Yuuko or something. Whatever happens isn't likely to tell us anything about what's happening in TRC though. xxxHolic tends to lag. . .

Yuuko having a kid. . . that is a wierd theory. I'd have though she looked a bit young to be a mum though but who knows how old she is. I don't think it's likely though.

BTW, is it true that Swedish is not the official language of Sweden?
 

Lynkobi17

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 19, 2008
Messages
98
Reaction score
67
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 180 Discussion/181 Prediction Thread

If it is not a dream world..then it has to be that he no longer needs the shop.
But this doesn't explain the mysterious disappearance of Yuko-san and the two girls and Mokona....

But it seems Doumeki still knows the existence of Yuko-san...

Yuko was able to meet Doumeki's father in some weird trance dream. Could this mean that Yuko has prepared her self to leave through some dream portal?

Plus, after seeing double Saoyrans & Sakuras...I wonder if that was the cornerstone or trigger to what happened with the chapter 170 ending... (since he was in desperate need of Yuko-san)
 

8theist

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 6, 2009
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 180 Discussion/181 Prediction Thread

Watanuki has granted his first wish he's now the official owner of the store. I think in the black abyss Yuko will come back to tell him what has happened and what he needs to do to manage the store. I think Yuko will return eventually cuz c'mon it's Yuko you can't get rid of Yuko.
 
Last edited:

Lynkobi17

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 19, 2008
Messages
98
Reaction score
67
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 180 Discussion/181 Prediction Thread

Watanuki has granted his first wish he's now the official owner of the store. I think in the black abyss Yuko will come back to tell him what has happened and what he needs to do to manage the store. I think Yuko will return eventually cuz c'mon it's Yuko you can't get rid of Yuko.
I just realized that you have to read tsubasa...because Yuko vanished to be helping the characters in Tsubasa
 

[Ju-Ni]Vicissitude

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2007
Messages
128
Reaction score
119
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic Manga Release Schedule

There is a break between issues 22 & 23 for Golden Week.
<hr noshade size="1">
Latest Mag confirmed 11th May as next chapter release.
So is the magazine on break? Or just xxxHolic? I'm assuming the former, but I can never be sure.
 

Tsubasaholic

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2008
Messages
385
Reaction score
92
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: xxxHolic 180 Discussion/181 Prediction Thread

People who haven't read Tsubasa should READ IT NOW!!! You CANNOT fully understand what is going on in xxxHolic without it and vice versa. Honestly, you have to read it. You HAVE to. It's also incredibly good but it's worth reading for xxxHolic alone. Be patient with the first 100 or so chapters. The major xxxHolic crossovers don't really begin until R!Syaoran turns up.

That's a good point though and one I've been thinking about quite a bit: when was Watanuki's wish not to be bothered by spirits granted? He stays on at the store long after it's gone out of devotion to Yuuko but when was the turning point?
 
Last edited:

ShirubiaLamperouge

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2008
Messages
387
Reaction score
50
Gender
Female
Country
New Zealand
Re: xxxHolic 180 Discussion/181 Prediction Thread

Wasn't his wish originally not to see supernatural things at all? That can't have been granted. The things don't seem to be bothering him any more though. But doesn't Doumeki like repel bad spirits or something? Oh dear that sounds awfully supportive of them being together forever... Hmph.
Isn't wata's new big thing doing what he can to help people or something along those lines? Do you think his wish could have changed?
 

Tsubasaholic

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2008
Messages
385
Reaction score
92
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: xxxHolic 180 Discussion/181 Prediction Thread

The exact wording of the onemanga scan is "I only wish that no spirits or ghosts would dodge (should be 'dog', the grammar of this translator is pretty average sometimes but whatever) my footsteps wherever I go". I think this was granted when Watanuki met Doumeki but as for when he stopped working to pay off his prices (typical example of Yuuko-style manipulation, she needed him to be closer to her so she could help him so she accomplished this with her price) and started working to help Yuuko. It could be one of those shifts that's too gradual to place though. Some are like that.
 
Top