Seinen xxxHolic by CLAMP

Who is your favorite xxxHOLIC character?

  • Kimihiro Watanuki

    Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Yūko Ichihara

    Votes: 19 42.2%
  • Shizuka Dōmeki

    Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Himawari Kunogi

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mokona Modoki

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Kohane Tsuyuri

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Maru and Moro

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Haruka Dōmeki (Shizuka's grandfather)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mugetsu (Kudakitsune)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zashiki-warashi

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Reed Clow

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Other

    Votes: 1 2.2%

  • Total voters
    45

DontWakeMeUp

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2009
Messages
294
Reaction score
39
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 180 Discussion/181 Prediction Thread

I'm 99.5% sure that Yuuko is going to die. They've stressed that she stood in between the point of life and death, and she's only been like that because she's been waiting for 'the day that must come.' Of course it'll be a sad loss... but she wasn't supposed to exist up to this point anyway. =/

I'm guessing that she'll go to wherever Clow is. In Holic, I think there was something about Clow telling Yuuko that they'll have plenty of time to be together in the future.
 

Tsubasaholic

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2008
Messages
385
Reaction score
92
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: xxxHolic 180 Discussion/181 Prediction Thread

That's a pretty typical "Let's be together in death" sort of sentiment. I think Yuuko's going to die as well, it fits somehow, but, as I said before, that doesn't mean I like it.
 

Lady Sakura-chan

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2009
Messages
197
Reaction score
21
Gender
Female
Country
Sweden
Re: xxxHolic 180 Discussion/181 Prediction Thread

I know that killing Clamp will not bring Yuko back, but still.....
Somehow I have known that Yuko will join Clow in the afterlife since long ago.

Is there anyone else but me that thinks that "Forgiven" by Within Temtation is a great song? If anyone have it could you send it to me? (By the way is that even possible on a forum?)
 

DontWakeMeUp

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2009
Messages
294
Reaction score
39
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 180 Discussion/181 Prediction Thread

Well, here's the translation online. I'm not sure what other translations say, but... yeah. =|
 

howi

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 25, 2007
Messages
48
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: xxxHolic 180 Discussion/181 Prediction Thread

DontWakeMeUp / Tsubasaholic,

For the longest time, we know Yuuko can travel among time / dimensions like "severed" from them. Now, in the recent TRC chapters... "time has finally moved forward again"... so as Yuuko's own fate. I'll not be surprised if it's the time for her to join Clow.
 
Last edited:

choke_a_beech

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 9, 2009
Messages
371
Reaction score
78
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: xxxHolic 180 Discussion/181 Prediction Thread

so there is a relationship between clow and yuuko? i knew it! its naturally for a powerful sorcerer to fall for a powerful sorceress!
 

howi

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 25, 2007
Messages
48
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: xxxHolic 180 Discussion/181 Prediction Thread

choke_a_beech,

Greetings.

It takes this long for you to figure the "relationship" between Clow and Yuuko? No worry, read about the stories behind Mokona http://www.witch-hunter.net/mokona/mokona.php
 

choke_a_beech

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 9, 2009
Messages
371
Reaction score
78
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: xxxHolic 180 Discussion/181 Prediction Thread

i knew there was a relationship. just didn't realise it would be a romantic one
 

ShirubiaLamperouge

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2008
Messages
387
Reaction score
50
Gender
Female
Country
New Zealand
Re: xxxHolic 180 Discussion/181 Prediction Thread

I wonder... Yuuko's current predicament seems very tied up in TRC. I hope CLAMP doesn't forget that they're two separate manga. Neh, they won't. So how is her situation going to be explained in holic without some huge monologue that will only make a small amount of sense? I guess it could be like partially left up to the imagination.
 

watanuki01/04

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2008
Messages
140
Reaction score
28
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: xxxHolic 180 Discussion/181 Prediction Thread

I rekon, that this dream that Watanuki ended up in at the last chapter, might be where he can find out where Yuuko is. I think at the time, he was wishing with all his heart to find Yuuko, which is why he ended up in the dream.

Bring on the 18th!!! Next chapter should hopefully be very revealing!
 

Lynkobi17

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 19, 2008
Messages
98
Reaction score
67
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 180 Discussion/181 Prediction Thread

I'm 99.5% sure that Yuuko is going to die. They've stressed that she stood in between the point of life and death, and she's only been like that because she's been waiting for 'the day that must come.' Of course it'll be a sad loss... but she wasn't supposed to exist up to this point anyway. =/

I'm guessing that she'll go to wherever Clow is. In Holic, I think there was something about Clow telling Yuuko that they'll have plenty of time to be together in the future.
Well Yuko won't die...
How in blue blazes is she gonna die?
In xxxHolic, she transformed into a butterfly and left him.

Also, you have to realize that Watanuki actually stated that he would grant a wish for Yuuko (although I don't see how he has that kind of power) In this manga, we haven't seen any of the main characters die. And in this manga, Yuuko is like a freakin God...it's like she knows almost everything and how to deal with most things.

She won't die since she hasn't wished for anything yet...

If you read Tsubasa as well as xxxHolic hand in hand..there is no freakin way you would have come up with the assumption that she will die.

I can see her disappearing to another dimension or trapped in a spiritual dream.

My Point: Yuuko Is Not a Dieing Character. She is more like a disappearing & reappearing character. She leaves and comes at the right time. That is why she is called the "DIMENSIONAL WITCH"... please get your facts straight before saying dumb things like this...lol

-Anyways, does anyone know what kind of wish Yuuko may ask for...???
 
Last edited:

ZaCloud

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2009
Messages
176
Reaction score
75
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 180 Discussion/181 Prediction Thread

Well Yuko won't die...
How in blue blazes is she gonna die?
In xxxHolic, she transformed into a butterfly and left him.
Well, a butterfly is often treated as a symbol of death, or rebirth, or the soul leaving the body (example, Bleach). Since she always went around wearing butterfly stuff, and then in that last dream dissolved into butterflies, that implies such.

Also, you have to realize that Watanuki actually stated that he would grant a wish for Yuuko (although I don't see how he has that kind of power) In this manga, we haven't seen any of the main characters die. And in this manga, Yuuko is like a freakin God...it's like she knows almost everything and how to deal with most things.
Well, so was Clow, and Fei-Wang Reed (Over in Tsubasa), and she's pretty much at their level. And it's pretty well known over there that (Cardcaptor spoiler)
the great Clow Reed died at some point in this twisted history. And we're all hoping for Fei-Wang to too! :darn

She won't die since she hasn't wished for anything yet...

If you read Tsubasa as well as xxxHolic hand in hand..there is no freakin way you would have come up with the assumption that she will die.
Considering she very openly said that she's hanging at the point between life and death... ( http://www.onemanga.com/Tsubasa_Reservoir_Chronicles/216/09/ ) there IS a freakin way we'd come up with that assumption, unfortunately.

I can see her disappearing to another dimension or trapped in a spiritual dream.
Plausible, and I'd truly love if it were true... but the revelations in the most recent TRC chapter are very revealing as to making her parting far more significant than that.

My Point: Yuuko Is Not a Dieing Character. She is more like a disappearing & reappearing character. She leaves and comes at the right time. That is why she is called the "DIMENSIONAL WITCH"... please get your facts straight before saying dumb things like this...lol
Erm, you too. :p

-Anyways, does anyone know what kind of wish Yuuko may ask for...???
(TRC spoiler sort of... and maybe xxxHolic spoiler... )
Looking at the most recent TRC chapter...( http://www.onemanga.com/Tsubasa_Reservoir_Chronicles/220/01/ ) it appears that she wishes to no longer be hanging in the suspended balance between life-and-death, and fully die... :(
The fact that she was suspended in time and dimension, is what might be making others forget her now... but I'd say Watanuki will remember her. And that might be the best he can do for her.
 

Lady Sakura-chan

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2009
Messages
197
Reaction score
21
Gender
Female
Country
Sweden
Re: xxxHolic 180 Discussion/181 Prediction Thread

Lyonkobi17, I suggest the you get your facts straith before saying such things. Read things before you open your mounth and complain on us. The atmosfere is pretty tense right now when Yuko is dying and I don`t what you to write this kind of thing. There are people that care strongly about Yuko here and don`t want`s to read this. Besides, complaning at us to not have get our facts rights as a new member of this discussion is a pretty bad attitude towards us who really cares about the current events of Holic. Read our posts before you go writing things like that. It is very oblivious that Yuko is dying and actually wishes to be free and pass on. Have this post on your mind the next time you will write that kind of things on this forums.

I can only hope that Yuko will have her happines at least and pass on at peace. That is the least I can wish for.
 

DontWakeMeUp

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2009
Messages
294
Reaction score
39
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 180 Discussion/181 Prediction Thread

Lynkobi17:
She's technically already trapped (the point between life and death), so her just going to another dimension wouldn't do anything.
She was supposed to die a long time ago, so she isn't meant to exist in the world anymore.

And she's called the 'Dimensional Witch/Witch of Dimensions' because she can send others to different times; not because she can appear and disappear.



I'd say more, but it seems like ZaCloud covered most of what I wanted to say anyway.

Please, don't tell me to get my facts straight until you do so yourself.
 

Lynkobi17

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 19, 2008
Messages
98
Reaction score
67
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 180 Discussion/181 Prediction Thread

Oh drat...I didn't read chapter 220 of Tsubasa at that time....so I guess I was at fault...
anyways, I still feel that there is something preventing her from dieing completely...and let's hope Watanuki is the answer...
 

choke_a_beech

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 9, 2009
Messages
371
Reaction score
78
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: xxxHolic 180 Discussion/181 Prediction Thread

and what did yuuko mean when she said fei wong tried to grant her wish? he's a good guy? what the fudge sticks!!!
 

ShirubiaLamperouge

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2008
Messages
387
Reaction score
50
Gender
Female
Country
New Zealand
Re: xxxHolic 180 Discussion/181 Prediction Thread

You mean in tsubasa...? He's trying to grant Clow's wish, not hers.
 

choke_a_beech

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 9, 2009
Messages
371
Reaction score
78
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: xxxHolic 180 Discussion/181 Prediction Thread

ah! yeh i was talkin about tsubasa coz of the current cross over time thingy. quite interestin stuff.
 

Tsubasaholic

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2008
Messages
385
Reaction score
92
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: xxxHolic 180 Discussion/181 Prediction Thread

It wasn't exactly a wish of Clow's or Yuuko's that FWR is trying to grant. It's more like a passing regret of Clow's that FWR has, for reasons we do not know (but oh boy do we have theories!), latched on to and is trying to force into existence.

As for Watanuki granting Yuuko's wish: one of the core points of xxxHolic is that person to person relationships are just as powerful and universe changing as stupefying levels of magic power. Yuuko's wish could easily be something it requires a personal committment rather than magic power to grant.

I'm wondering if Yuuko's wish is for all the consequences of what she, Clow, and FWR did resolved. She's spent a very great deal of time and energy working to stop FWR and has personally intervened, at very great personal cost, in the storis of the three beings (C!Syaoran, C!Sakura, and Watanuki) who were created as a consequence of what happened in order to give them their best chance at happiness. The one clue we ever get as to what her wish, "The Butterfly's Dream" is when she obseves in response to one of the simple, happy everyday scenes of Watanuki spazzing at Doumeki and everybody laughing that "The Butterfly's Dream" is already coming true". To me this suggests all she wants is for the world to move on and for everyone to be happy.
 

ShirubiaLamperouge

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2008
Messages
387
Reaction score
50
Gender
Female
Country
New Zealand
Re: xxxHolic 180 Discussion/181 Prediction Thread

WAHHHHH!!!! CHAPTER 181 RAW!!!!! *runs around screaming*

YUUUUUKOOOOO!!!!

It ends with her saying THANK YOU. Oh this is BAAAAD.

And I need a translation. I got a very little bit of it (like "arigatou" at the end) but most of it is Yuuko and Watanuki talking in very long sentences involving kanji with no furigana (damn seinen). I think it's taking place after tsubasa 220 though, and this is what happens to her as a result of whatever the choice is...
 
Top