Seinen xxxHolic by CLAMP

Who is your favorite xxxHOLIC character?

  • Kimihiro Watanuki

    Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Yūko Ichihara

    Votes: 19 42.2%
  • Shizuka Dōmeki

    Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Himawari Kunogi

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mokona Modoki

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Kohane Tsuyuri

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Maru and Moro

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Haruka Dōmeki (Shizuka's grandfather)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mugetsu (Kudakitsune)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zashiki-warashi

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Reed Clow

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Other

    Votes: 1 2.2%

  • Total voters
    45

oralyon

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2008
Messages
213
Reaction score
39
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: xxxHolic 181 Discussion/182 Prediction Thread

I understand why people are sad about Yuuko dying but personnaly I feel that it is meant to happen and they would have hard time finding an excuse to make me buy that she would survive so I almost prefer that she die. Yes Yuuko is one of my favorite caracter and I think she amazing and everything but along with what the story has told us her dying seem like the only credible way to go.

Althought I'm sure there will still be something about her wish. As we know Watanuki as promised to grant it and I'm sure he will.

Also when Watanuki said " I met you didn't I ? We went throught so much..." I automatically thought : Clow ?! For an instant the thought of the ressemblance beetween Clow and Watanuki seemed more important than I thought, but after all it probably have nothing to do with that.

I'm also starting to think... It seems Watanuki doesn't care anymore about losing the ability of seeing spirit. Yet that was his wish to Yuuko at the beginning of the story. Could all his work at Yuuko's place be destined for another wish ?
 
Last edited:

choke_a_beech

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 9, 2009
Messages
371
Reaction score
78
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: xxxHolic 181 Discussion/182 Prediction Thread

what are you saying? like he cancels his old wish and makes a new one (i.e. allow Yuuko to stay)?
 

oralyon

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2008
Messages
213
Reaction score
39
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: xxxHolic 181 Discussion/182 Prediction Thread

No it would never be allowing Yuuko to stay. There is so many reason that it wouldn't be that. Because First, she want to die. Second, CLAMP stated that every being must eventually die. Third, because FWR would actually win. Fourth because it would contradic pretty much everything that have been said and would be just plain stupid.

I was more thinking that it could ahve something to do with Yuuko's wish or Watanuki not dissapearing or something. I don't really know what yet.
 

watanuki01/04

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2008
Messages
140
Reaction score
28
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: xxxHolic 181 Discussion/182 Prediction Thread

A thought occurs!! What if the managers of the apartment building that looked after Watanuki is CSakura & CShaoran? I put this as a spoiler because of the happenings in TRC 121. We've have never seen the manager(s) but Watanuki mentions them a lot and now he can't remember them. Maybe this is why he recognises them back when they appeared in his dream and in TRC.
 

choke_a_beech

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 9, 2009
Messages
371
Reaction score
78
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
xxxHolic 182 Discussion/183 Predictions

The new chapter is out, you can grab it here

When you're done, discuss it here and predict what the next one's going to be all about ^^

gah....i'm so sad right now! yuuko is gone!



Moderator Notice:
Edited the link to MH RTS. Please link to the RTS in the future if you plan to post the discussion thread ^^~ ibra87
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Pointlessness413

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2008
Messages
61
Reaction score
22
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 182 Discussion/183 Predictions

YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!


I don't think there's anything more that needs to be said. Let's all have a moment to mourn.
 

Ruito

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 31, 2009
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Venezuela
Re: xxxHolic 182 Discussion/183 Predictions

This is one of the most sad chapters I've ever read.. even when we all knew this was gonna happen
 

howi

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 25, 2007
Messages
48
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: xxxHolic 182 Discussion/183 Predictions

Folks,

Optimism!@ Since there'll be "next" chapter(s)... We've gotta believe in Watanuki now! He must find a way eventually... even if it means "dreamworld" is the only meeting place for Yuuko and him.

I wonder what that egg Doumeki is keeping could offer?!
 

Darkavengerz

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 12, 2009
Messages
7
Reaction score
5
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Re: xxxHolic 182 Discussion/183 Predictions

......im weeping....... I still do hope that she will be back as Watanuki wished.....I KNOW YOU WILL !!!! *weeps*.........
 

choke_a_beech

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 9, 2009
Messages
371
Reaction score
78
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: xxxHolic 182 Discussion/183 Predictions

we all knew this was gonna happen...but now, it's official. Yuuko has left the shop, Wataunki and us xxxHolic fans! i'm hoping for her to make at least one more appearance - either in the dream world or at the end of the series. FINGERS CROSSED!
 

cari-hime

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2009
Messages
52
Reaction score
15
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Ecuador
Re: xxxHolic 182 Discussion/183 Predictions

OMG!!!!! I feel like crying! :(
I can't believe Yuko is really gone... no...
and her wish... she's just SOOO caring about Wata. why...??? why did u have to die Yuko..?

on the other hand though, i'm glad that she's no longer in that point of living/dying, unable to cross to the other side and unable to rest peacefully....

......
 

watanuki01/04

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2008
Messages
140
Reaction score
28
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: xxxHolic 182 Discussion/183 Predictions

Why is it that clamp kills off my favourite character ever?! I know it was gonna happen, but it still made me cry!! :(

But i still wanna know where Mokona is! I'm kinda hoping That Watanuki will wake up in the shop with Doumeki (maybe with Himawari and Kohane), and they find Mokona after that. Then Mokona can give Wata his memories back now that Yuuko has done what she needed to do. Thats my theory, anyway
 

Lady Sakura-chan

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2009
Messages
197
Reaction score
21
Gender
Female
Country
Sweden
Re: xxxHolic 182 Discussion/183 Predictions

........................................................................................................ I don`t.....................................................................Can`t.......................................Yuko.........................no........this is a dream...........right?



Here is as promised:

Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone,
Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone,
Silence the pianos and with muffled drum
Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come.

Let aeroplanes circle moaning overhead
Scribbling on the sky the message She is Dead.
Put crepe bows round the white necks of the public doves,
Let the traffic policemen wear black cotton gloves.

She was my North, my South, my East and West,
My working week and my Sunday rest,
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last forever: I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one,
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun,
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods;
For nothing now can ever come to any good

And a song that I though would match Watanukis current emotions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FX5oQcyCnnM
 
Last edited:

PirateFiend

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2009
Messages
167
Reaction score
43
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 182 Discussion/183 Predictions

Awwwwww. That was so touching. I hope he's able to meet her again!! And we have to wait TWO weeks for the next chapter. (Sigh.)
 

Snowolf

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2009
Messages
200
Reaction score
30
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 180 Discussion/181 Prediction Thread

Since a new thread isn't out Im continuing on ch 182!


Which ends with a heart wrenching conclusion....someone talk me through this! My eyes are tearing up...
 

oralyon

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2008
Messages
213
Reaction score
39
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: xxxHolic 182 Discussion/183 Predictions

Nice chapter but I'm kinda against clamp saying of "Wish will come true if you believe hard enough in them". It's kind of idealistic isn't ? Don't get me wrong I admire CLAMP for many of the things they say like that self sacrifice is wrong and other stuff... but this doesn't seem really realistic to me.

Either way. My guess is that somehow Watanuki will be able to talk to Yuko at least one more time. It could have a link with Mokona's earring which we know contain the memorie of Watanuki and Clone Sakura. Who know, it could also hold some of Yuuko's memories.
 

Lady Sakura-chan

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2009
Messages
197
Reaction score
21
Gender
Female
Country
Sweden
Re: xxxHolic 182 Discussion/183 Predictions

Yuko-supporters, we are no longer needed. Crash and burn.......

Yuko....no.
 

Elyon A. Luna

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2008
Messages
232
Reaction score
13
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Colombia
Re: xxxHolic 182 Discussion/183 Predictions

Oh, Yuuko...

But I have something not quite right, how's the shop still standing if Yuuko dissapeared?
 

watanuki01/04

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2008
Messages
140
Reaction score
28
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: xxxHolic 182 Discussion/183 Predictions

I think the shop is still there because the existence of the shop is not based on Yuuko, its dependant on Maru and Moro (who are kind of still there in essence) Thats why Yuuko could always leave the shop and Maru and Moro couldn't. Another idea would be that the shop exists for 'two futures' (I'm still assumning this is Watanuki and RShaoran)
 

alekzu

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2007
Messages
83
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Country
Sweden
Re: xxxHolic 180 Discussion/181 Prediction Thread

Clamp has worked hard the past few weeks on making me wanting to cry, both in xxxHolic and TRC. They finally made it.... *tears streaming down the face* I can't think.... *enormously tired* I'll go to bed and come back tomorrow....
 
Top