Seinen xxxHolic by CLAMP

Who is your favorite xxxHOLIC character?

  • Kimihiro Watanuki

    Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Yūko Ichihara

    Votes: 19 42.2%
  • Shizuka Dōmeki

    Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Himawari Kunogi

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mokona Modoki

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Kohane Tsuyuri

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Maru and Moro

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Haruka Dōmeki (Shizuka's grandfather)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mugetsu (Kudakitsune)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zashiki-warashi

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Reed Clow

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Other

    Votes: 1 2.2%

  • Total voters
    45

MissYuki

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
26
Reaction score
2
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 182 Discussion/183 Predictions

There is no Holic without Yuko, but I don`t think that she will be back. She seemed relived when she died and she will go se Clow now, but I certanly hope that Watanuki will remember her.
That is true...I couldn't imagine moving around the earth with no sense of time. Its probaly more than relieving to Yuko to be able to die...
But I agree that I hope Watanuki remembers her.
 

ShirubiaLamperouge

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2008
Messages
387
Reaction score
50
Gender
Female
Country
New Zealand
Re: xxxHolic 182 Discussion/183 Predictions

Surely CLAMP wouldn't let Watanuki forget her. That'd be HORRIBLE.

On the bus coming home from school today, I had this random vision of Watanuki standing in the same place after Yuuko disappears and then feeling a hand on his shoulder and turning around to see Yuuko and Clow standing behind him... Don't really think anything along those lines will happen, but I'm still hoping for flashbacks.
 

MissYuki

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
26
Reaction score
2
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: The xxxHolic Mega Convo

This was the manga that made my sister like anime/manga...So of course I would have to get into it. I love this manga. CLAMP has always produced really intriquing manga and XXX HOlic and Tsubusa are no exceptions. I think the characters differ so much in their personalities...Yuko definitly makes the series....
 

watanuki01/04

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2008
Messages
140
Reaction score
28
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: The xxxHolic Mega Convo

I had a little brainwave while watch xxxholic today.
I was wondering how Wata and Himawari will be able to be together with Hima's bad luck. And then i realised that CSakura gave up her good luck to get her wish granted in TRC. Could CSakura's good luck be given to Hima to cancel out her bad luck?
 

Pointlessness413

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2008
Messages
61
Reaction score
22
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The xxxHolic Mega Convo

I was just reading the beginning of this series over, and I thought of something really depressing.

http://www.onemanga.com/xxxHolic/2/04/

To fulfill his wish, she really did take his most important thing - herself. *cries*
 

NymphStealer

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2008
Messages
94
Reaction score
164
Gender
Female
Country
Guam
Re: xxxHolic Manga Release Schedule

07/06 - Young Magazine #32 - Chapter 183
07/13 - Young Magazine #33 - No xxxHOLiC
07/18 - Young Magazine #34 - No xxxHOLiC
 

clamp_sakura

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 22, 2009
Messages
82
Reaction score
14
Age
32
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: xxxHolic Manga Release Schedule

here u go...the schedule...
07/06 - Young Magazine #32 - Chapter 184.
07/13 - Young Magazine #33 - No XXXHOLiC scheduled.
07/18 - Young Magazine #34 - No XXXHOLiC scheduled.

still next week....
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
xxxHolic 183 Discussion/184 Prediction Thread

Chapter 183 is out and can be found here.

Come here to discsuss the chapter or to predict what's going to happen in the next one.
 

watanuki01/04

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2008
Messages
140
Reaction score
28
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: xxxHolic 183 Discussion/184 Prediction Thread

I can't read japanese very at all, but it looked to me that Doumeki saw Yuuko disapear thru Watanuki's eye too. And Maru & Moro looked so sad!! But it was really cute when Watanuki was hugging them!! :) And mokona's back!! Yay!!
 

ZaCloud

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2009
Messages
176
Reaction score
75
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 183 Discussion/184 Prediction Thread

Ooooh man, about to read it now...

BUT WARNING FOLKS!

If you click the scanslation and go to the Read Online link... it's revealed that the guy posting them for FrankyHouse is quitting. And as such, he put in his pink slip by posting a weird ******-comedy thing. o_o The zip file from his board is legitimate (at least as of my writing), but I suggest that unless you're mentally prepared for "certain" things, don't get curious and read the "My Balls" manga for the online reading. :sweat
 

Vande

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2008
Messages
89
Reaction score
52
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: xxxHolic Manga Release Schedule

um it can't be the 18th as the break isn't 7 days...

Next chapter is due to be in issue 35 (27th July) as stated at the end of chapter 184 (out now early)
 

jessyt1992

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 4, 2009
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: xxxHolic 183 Discussion/184 Prediction Thread

mokona, maru and moro are all back!
we havent seen them for a while..
and the shop didn't disappeared! =D
which means watunaki might inherit it?
but that still doesn't mean xxxholic
is going to be the same. nobody except
himawari, domeki, fortune teller&kohane
is going to remember yuko :(


.. wonder what's coming next for the next chapter.
 

watanuki01/04

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2008
Messages
140
Reaction score
28
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: xxxHolic 183 Discussion/184 Prediction Thread

I've read the Edited Manga now, Didn't Doumeki look really say when he left Maru and Moro withWatanuki! And he saw Yuuko die too, so that wasn't a dream? Then where was it? Oh! And he found Watanuki in the treasure room, i bet that's important too!
 

ShirubiaLamperouge

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2008
Messages
387
Reaction score
50
Gender
Female
Country
New Zealand
Re: xxxHolic 183 Discussion/184 Prediction Thread

it was in yuuko's cut off time or whatever, wasn't it? She said something like that...
 

howi

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 25, 2007
Messages
48
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: xxxHolic 183 Discussion/184 Prediction Thread

Ooooh man, about to read it now...

BUT WARNING FOLKS!

If you click the scanslation and go to the Read Online link... it's revealed that the guy posting them for FrankyHouse is quitting. And as such, he put in his pink slip by posting a weird ******-comedy thing. o_o The zip file from his board is legitimate (at least as of my writing), but I suggest that unless you're mentally prepared for "certain" things, don't get curious and read the "My Balls" manga for the online reading. :sweat
ZaCloud,

I guess we can get the "clean" version at OneManga. Thanks for letting me know, otherwise I'd never learnt about someone is quitting at FrankHouse.
 
Last edited:

DontWakeMeUp

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2009
Messages
294
Reaction score
39
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 183 Discussion/184 Prediction Thread

Longest chapter in a longgg time. :/

Such a sad chapter, though... Especially the scenes with Maru and Moro. I think it was worth the wait... I dunno. With all of the breaks, I've forgotten a lot of details. I'm going to have to go re-read soon. >.>
 

ZaCloud

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2009
Messages
176
Reaction score
75
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 183 Discussion/184 Prediction Thread

Seems the read-online link has now been fixed, so it should be ok for reading now for those who want to.

So sad... but we definitely need a mourning chapter after what's occurred. It's comforting in a way, to know that Watanuki doesn't have to suffer alone, and that one person can see what he had to see. Doumeki always seems so untouchable, but we can definitely see that this series of events weighs heavily on his feelings too.

It's good to know that at least some remember Yuuko. A bond they all share. Yet the side text seems to speak of so much hope too... It leaves me still further intrigued even in this dark time.
 

Silversakura

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2008
Messages
269
Reaction score
47
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 183 Discussion/184 Prediction Thread

Man, seeing Moro and Maru cry like that hurt. Poor kids. Poor everyone. At least we know a bit more now.

Those colored pages were nice too, no matter how much I wish they were for TRC. It was a nice Holic chapter.
 

Flipper

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 27, 2009
Messages
35
Reaction score
9
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: xxxHolic 183 Discussion/184 Prediction Thread

A beautifully sad chapter, the frames where Watanuki hugged Maru & Moro were heart wrenching. I agree ZaCloud, we needed a chapter to mourn her death, wouldn't have seemed right if this chapter would've picked up anywhere but from this point.

It was interesting to see Doumeki look so grim, but who could shake off such an event, especially one who witnessed it. It was reassuring to see that some people remembered Yuuko, it wouldn't have been fair if Watanuki were to shoulder it alone, atleast now they can take a solidary share in mourning her death/celebrating her life.

Naturally it was worth the wait, but I hope there won't be many similarly long breaks in the future (luckily summer events can keep one occupied for weeks).
 

Asahina

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2008
Messages
376
Reaction score
266
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 183 Discussion/184 Prediction Thread

For some reason, this chapter assures me that we will see Yuko again. Maybe after Watanuki and the those influenced by him do their part respectfully..I believe this series will end on a nice note..where Yuko will be seen with everyone again.

To tell you the truth, I believe we all know she will appear again..but we don't know "how". Which is why we are reading it to find out. Very interesting view..is it not?

But since this manga started out featuring Watanuki...I guess maybe it is all about him evolving and adapting to certain situations and growing as an incredible influence to those around him...in good ways & bad ways.
 
Top