Seinen xxxHolic by CLAMP

Who is your favorite xxxHOLIC character?

  • Kimihiro Watanuki

    Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Yūko Ichihara

    Votes: 19 42.2%
  • Shizuka Dōmeki

    Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Himawari Kunogi

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mokona Modoki

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Kohane Tsuyuri

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Maru and Moro

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Haruka Dōmeki (Shizuka's grandfather)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mugetsu (Kudakitsune)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zashiki-warashi

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Reed Clow

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Other

    Votes: 1 2.2%

  • Total voters
    45

watanuki01/04

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2008
Messages
140
Reaction score
28
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: xxxHolic 183 Discussion/184 Prediction Thread

Maybe Yuko will come back as a spirit that only Wata and Doumeki sees? Clamp has always said that you can't bring the dead back to life, so maybe seeing her spirit will be thier way of Wata being able to see her again.
 

NymphStealer

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2008
Messages
94
Reaction score
164
Gender
Female
Country
Guam
Re: xxxHolic Manga Release Schedule

clamp-net.com update

07/13 - Young Magazine #33 - No xxxHOLiC
07/18 - Young Magazine #34 - No xxxHOLiC
07/27 - Young Magazine #35 - Chapter 184
08/03 - Young Magazine #36/37 - Chapter 185
 
Last edited:

clamp_sakura

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 22, 2009
Messages
82
Reaction score
14
Age
32
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: xxxHolic Manga Release Schedule

07/13 - Young Magazine #33 - No xxxHOLiC
07/18 - Young Magazine #34 - No xxxHOLiC
07/27 - Young Magazine #35 - Chapter 184
08/03 - Young Magazine #36 - Chapter 185

this is the schedule i got from chibiyuuto...i think clamp make some mistake here...
it suppose 2 be like this :

07/13 - Young Magazine #33 - No xxxHOLiC
07/18 - Young Magazine #34 - No xxxHOLiC
07/27 - Young Magazine #35 - Chapter 183
08/03 - Young Magazine #36 - Chapter 184

T__T...
 

NymphStealer

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2008
Messages
94
Reaction score
164
Gender
Female
Country
Guam
Re: xxxHolic Manga Release Schedule

183 came out week ago... 184 is the next one... the schedule i posted is from clamp-net.com ... the one on chibiyuuto which is showin that 185 is next is actually wrong in chapter numbering... they have the right dates though...
just go here clamp-net.com instead of chibi... dont worry if dont understand japanese... click holic or tsubasa and this ※本編休載 basically means its on a break that week... and ☆本編 means there will be a chappy in that issue
 

MissYuki

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
26
Reaction score
2
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 183 Discussion/184 Prediction Thread

This was such a sad chapter...XXX Holic is becoming a really sorrowful manga. I don't even know what to expect now! Its going to be so hard to predict anything anymore.
 

ShirubiaLamperouge

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2008
Messages
387
Reaction score
50
Gender
Female
Country
New Zealand
Re: xxxHolic 183 Discussion/184 Prediction Thread

I think it's inevitable that Watanuki will be happy at the end. And I think he needs to see Yuuko again (with Clow!!), so that he can move on? He said that he'll wait at the shop for her, but if CLAMP isn't going to break their own rule, then that can't happen, so while the gesture is sweet, he's not really living his own life.
Basically I think Yuuko needs to talk to him while she's not being suspended above the ground by black tentacle things that are also slowly devouring her. Because that would make anyone panic and not properly listen to a thing she's saying.
Besides, he hasn't even said goodbye to her yet.

As for the egg, I have no idea what it's going to do, what's inside it or anything else. Maybe it can somehow contribute to breaking the circle in TRC, seeing as Watanuki is possibly involved in that.
 

DontWakeMeUp

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2009
Messages
294
Reaction score
39
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 183 Discussion/184 Prediction Thread

Well, I'm pretty sure that Yuuko will appear again at the end. Not alive anymore, per say, but perhaps in a dream? And maybe Clow will be there too? ^^; Her "goodbye" (I won't say 'final') may not have been as dramatic as others may have liked, but I think that it had more to do with all of the darn breaks in between; everytime the story was getting momentum again, it stops with a break. -_-; I'm not complaining though, just observing. I can't wait to fully reread it when it's over, that way it flows more.
 

yuechi

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 13, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Re: xxxHolic 183 Discussion/184 Prediction Thread

i am so touched when maru n moro were hug by watanuki..i also sad because yuko is already dead..now doumeki is already given an important role to support watanuki when yuko was no longer there :( i really cant wait for shaoran n watanuki to meet face to face with doumeki with them hehe :facepalm it seems that doumeki also sad for yuko also :(
 

PirateFiend

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2009
Messages
167
Reaction score
43
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 183 Discussion/184 Prediction Thread

It's strange, but I think Mokona's reaction was the most interesting to me. What's the little guy know?

I also think Yuuko will show up later.
 

Leyent

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 19, 2009
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: xxxHolic 183 Discussion/184 Prediction Thread

Well, I'd say it's pretty natural to expect Yuko/Yuuko to be returning at some point soon. Given that Watanuki's current main obsession is to "wait at the shop" for her, and I couldn't imagine us suddenly skipping into a random arc without him getting guidance and the like from Yuuko.

One of my main hunches is that I think there will be a turning point somewhere around this time in the series that Watanuki is going to start having a lot to do with magic, and fast.

What I mean by this is that he is likely going to be accessing the giant cache of magical items in that shop, maybe using some himself, or maybe for the purpose of giving/using them for others. The reason I think this is bound to happen soon, is that Yuuko always gave the impression that above all, nothing is a coincidence.

Yuuko quoted herself that she was there to run the shop and to have it prepared for the day that Watanuki would need it, which is why she had to live until this point, even though she was supposed to actually be long gone. Being that the primary purpose of the shop is to be used as a safe haven between worlds to grant 'wishes' for various patrons, in exchange for 'compensation', one would naturally assume that what Watanuki needed would be exactly what Yuuko would be trying to furnish the shop with...

=O? Majikul itenzZz?!

Now, since she is "gone", I'm thinking he's going to start needing them, and fast. But of course with Watanuki, as well as any possible happy ending at this point, he's going to grow and continue in his resolve to change Yuuko's fate and grant her wish.

All in all, I'd say Yuuko should be back soon, and I'm hoping that we're finally going to see some real power out of Watanuki.
 

DontWakeMeUp

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2009
Messages
294
Reaction score
39
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 183 Discussion/184 Prediction Thread

Eh... I don't know. That theory is, by no means, impossible; anything is possible at this point.

...But I really don't think that it was meant in a totally literal sense (that Watanuki would need the actual items in the shop).

Speaking of wishes and compensation, if you think about it, most of the prices (that we were informed of) turned out to not be such huge deals. Instead of the physical item being the price, Yuuko's customers' prices were more of the journeys that they all had to go through to overcome not having whatever it is that they handed over. All in all: in the end, they wound up not needing whatever they "paid" with.

Of course, I can't say this for everything, especially since the stories aren't over yet; I was just generally speaking.

The shop, for Watanuki, has already helped him so far in that he now wants to exist. Prior to meeting Yuuko (again), he always felt that he wasn't supposed to be in that world, so his very existence was always on the line. After starting to work at the shop, he not only established new relationships that he otherwise would never have had the opportunity to, but he rekindled and strengthened some relationships as well. For example, the time that he unconsciously tried to erase himself by falling out of the window, he was taken care of at the shop, thanks to Himawari's price. Then, there was also Doumeki who gave his eye to be able to see whatever it may be that Watanuki was going through.

He also learned many valuable lessons through many of Yuuko's customers. With his relationships and his new feeling of actually having a place in the world, he now wants to exist. He would have probably already disappeared if it weren't for the shop, so, in many ways, the shop has already done its job.

I'm sure that the shop will continue to play a huge role, especially at the end when things tie together, but the shop is already helping him.
 

Leyent

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 19, 2009
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: xxxHolic 183 Discussion/184 Prediction Thread

Well, naturally one can see that Watanuki has developed quite a deal with the interactions he's had with the shop and the people therein and I don't deny that it would be ridiculous to think that the shop wasn't there in order to prepare him mentally for whatever it is he is yet to face like you pointed out.

I'm just trying to look at the much more seldom prospective in this series, which unlike a lot of others, is the more obvious solution. Since all along, there's been huge underlying plans that are clear to none (except for maybe Yuuko... and mokona?) I'm just trying to look at it from a more simplistic prospective and make as few presumptions as possible. Simply put, the shop grants wishes, which even without doing, Yuuko could likely have prepared Watanuki for what he needed to be prepared for at this point. Like you said though, a lot of the wishes granted have had quite small compensations, and have been more about the lessons than the actual wish or compensation themselves.

But lets face it, for all of the magical mysticism that the shop practically emits, and the amount of magical items just sitting in the cache, that have apparently been there for an immense amount of time, the wishes and tasks that we've seen have pretty much built up to a pretty UNmagical store in comparison to what was already there.

So I guess my estimation is built more off of what the store has always been representing, even before Watanuki arrived(however many times he did) and the actions that Yuuko had to have been doing all along to amass such a large amount of items, and to create such a mystical place.

All in all, I'd be more than happy to see myself be completely wrong, if they'd release the next chapter already ;x
 

ezechielle

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 26, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
France
Re: xxxHolic 183 Discussion/184 Prediction Thread

ShirubiaLamperouge said:

As for the egg, I have no idea what it's going to do, what's inside it or anything else. Maybe it can somehow contribute to breaking the circle in TRC, seeing as Watanuki is possibly involved in that.

I agree with you. I think by the fact Watanuki wants to live, it will be the reason for the circle of TRC to break but he will have to realize he is a kind of substitute of sayoran by beeing in front of the real one. He will have probably to bear with this and decide to bear with the destiny of sayoran, probably too much and that's when Doumeki will help him in one way or another... It's said vol16. of xxxholic will be the last. But it's clamp! No happy ending possible! (well, I read Clamp's manga since 14 years now, and there were never happy ending except for mangas for very young readers)
 

watanuki01/04

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2008
Messages
140
Reaction score
28
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: xxxHolic 183 Discussion/184 Prediction Thread

Has anyone seen chapter 184 yet? Nothing's been uploaded yet and i'm worrying that Clamp has extended the break!
 

ShirubiaLamperouge

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2008
Messages
387
Reaction score
50
Gender
Female
Country
New Zealand
Re: xxxHolic 183 Discussion/184 Prediction Thread

Didn't this happen with tsubasa like last time or the time before? It wound up not being scanned until friday...
Of course it's probably still too soon to start panicking.
 

ravensley

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 28, 2009
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: xxxHolic 183 Discussion/184 Prediction Thread

Maru and Moru crying had me crying with them so sad.. Watanuki too...

Maybe the egg is what would bring Yuuko back to life? Cause I mean like Watanuki its not supposed to exist so it could be that it has the power to bring Yuuko back cause its not supposed to be in existence and yet it is so perhaps that gives the egg the power to do something that can not be done?
 

birleywhirligig

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 20, 2009
Messages
42
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: xxxHolic 183 Discussion/184 Prediction Thread

That would be nice... I want Yuuko back! But unfortunately, I don't think CLAMP is going to bring Yuuko back to life, I mean, it's probably not shown in xxxHolic, but in Tsubasa,

it's the rule that you can't bring the dead back to life, so the egg seems to be for something else
Spoiler tags just in case any holic fans aren't reading Tsubasa...

Anyways, even if she's dead, I don't think we've seen the last of her, I mean, if people who are dead like Shizuka can still wander around the dream world, well... that opens up the possibilities...

But yeah, I think we might see a few cameo appearances from Yuuko for a while yet, like in the current Kobato chapter... even if it was only a page.

I love CLAMP crossovers. XD
 

ravensley

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 28, 2009
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: xxxHolic 183 Discussion/184 Prediction Thread

About the threories regarding the shop and its treasure rooms

TRC spoilers
I think Yuuko was mainly fulfilling more powerful wishes so that the clones could be reincarnated as thats what she says in a TRC chapter and not that Wata would need the items ammassed later...

and then the minor wishes were mainly to prep Wata for what lay ahead of him if he chose to live and to run the shop... but thats just my guess...
 
Top