Seinen xxxHolic by CLAMP

Who is your favorite xxxHOLIC character?

  • Kimihiro Watanuki

    Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Yūko Ichihara

    Votes: 19 42.2%
  • Shizuka Dōmeki

    Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Himawari Kunogi

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mokona Modoki

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Kohane Tsuyuri

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Maru and Moro

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Haruka Dōmeki (Shizuka's grandfather)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mugetsu (Kudakitsune)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zashiki-warashi

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Reed Clow

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Other

    Votes: 1 2.2%

  • Total voters
    45

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 9, 2007
Messages
6,761
Reaction score
907
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: xxxHolic Anime Thread

Subs are out for episode 2, done by Shinsen Subs, grab it here!


Thread updated to epi 4.


Thread updated to epi 5.


Thread updated to epi 7.
 
Last edited:

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: xxxHOLIC spoilers thread

[Luckas]Let me state the obvious, this thread is only for spoilers.[/Luckas]
 

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 9, 2007
Messages
6,761
Reaction score
907
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: xxxHolic Manga Release Schedule

Yeah it did. And it says "06/02" for the next chapter, which is the same date from the last chapter. :amuse

For the release schedule, it's very speculative, since it's such a far away release, so that info about colour pages and stuff like that will probably be added later, in the next schedule.


New schedule, June edition, thank you to chibiyuuto for the info:

- Next scheduled chapters (red means new):

06/02 - Young Magazine #27 - No XXXHOLiC scheduled (CLAMP changed that, chapter 158 was supposed to come out in this issue).
06/09 - Young Magazine #28 - Chapter 158 - 4 color pages - Beginning of tankoubon 14.
06/16 - Young Magazine #29 - Chapter 159.
06/23 - Young Magazine #30 - No XXXHOLiC scheduled.


Clearly CLAMP is taking some break in June, or working in other projects. There's no Kobato. and not a single Tsubasa chapter scheduled for this month. I wonder what's going on...
 
Last edited:

Uozumi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2006
Messages
331
Reaction score
2
Age
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic Manga Release Schedule

Clearly CLAMP is taking some break in June, or working in other projects. There's no Kobato. and not a single Tsubasa chapter scheduled for this month. I wonder what's going on...
Maybe they're preparing to restart Legal Drug or X after the hiatus from Asuka.

At least we're getting some xxxHOLiC for June.
 

PaperFlowers

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 13, 2008
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: xxxHolic Manga Release Schedule

I've heard rumours that Legal Drug is going to start again soon. I would really love if it was X they continued though.

Anyway, thank you very much for posting the new release schedules. I was waiting for a chapter release yesterday and it only just occurred to me to check that it hadn't been postponed. Oh well - at least next week we'll get colour pages, and a longer chapter.
 

zidane

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2007
Messages
1,497
Reaction score
1,162
Gender
Male
Country
Antarctica
Re: xxxHolic Manga Release Schedule

dude, where's that freaking raw for 158?
there are even spoiler for 159 out already?!?!

wtf...
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Re: xxxHolic Manga Release Schedule

dude, where's that freaking raw for 158?
there are even spoiler for 159 out already?!?!

wtf...
Alice (ladydarkmoon) is the one who usually scans xxxholic and she hasn't showed up for a while now... So sorry, no scans :( (unless it's maybe on share? But that's highly unlikely)
 

Uozumi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2006
Messages
331
Reaction score
2
Age
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic Manga Release Schedule

No one, even outside MH, seems to have a raw version of 158 availiable. The translators and Manga Editors can't work without the actual material. Eventually someone will scan the raw 158 in and once that happens, a translation and Edited Manga will follow.

Just have patience. This will happen.
 

zidane

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2007
Messages
1,497
Reaction score
1,162
Gender
Male
Country
Antarctica
Re: xxxHolic Manga Release Schedule

Alice (ladydarkmoon) is the one who usually scans xxxholic and she hasn't showed up for a while now... So sorry, no scans (unless it's maybe on share? But that's highly unlikely)
yeah i know, i'm checking her live.journal every day since june 2nd...
are there no other raw providers? srsly...there have to be...

No one, even outside MH, seems to have a raw version of 158 availiable. The translators and Manga Editors can't work without the actual material. Eventually someone will scan the raw 158 in and once that happens, a translation and Edited Manga will follow.

Just have patience. This will happen.
dude...i'm the Manga Editor for xxxholic, that's why i was asking...
i know that i can't work without a raw -_-
 

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 9, 2007
Messages
6,761
Reaction score
907
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: xxxHolic Manga Release Schedule

Hmm.... I don't think there are any other RAW providers for xxxHolic.... I've checked around as well, but I've come up with absolutely nothing.
 

zidane

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2007
Messages
1,497
Reaction score
1,162
Gender
Male
Country
Antarctica
Re: xxxHolic Manga Release Schedule

some other girl promised to scan it tomorrow,
if there's a scanner in her university...

let's just hope there is one, and that it's a good one so i won't have to clean
a LQ raw...
 

Uozumi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2006
Messages
331
Reaction score
2
Age
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic Manga Release Schedule

yeah i know, i'm checking her live.journal every day since june 2nd...
are there no other raw providers? srsly...there have to be...


dude...i'm the Manga Editor for xxxholic, that's why i was asking...
i know that i can't work without a raw -_-
The green in your name is completely unreadable for me. It blends into the gray background, so I totally didn't pay attention to who I was talking to. I thought you were just another person who was waiting for a Edited Manga. Sorry.
 

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 9, 2007
Messages
6,761
Reaction score
907
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: xxxHolic Manga Release Schedule

Anddd!!! I bring to you the Mid-June schedule, thanks to chibiyuuto for the info:

- Next scheduled chapters (red means new):

06/16 - Young Magazine #29 - Chapter 159 (on sale).
06/23 - Young Magazine #30 - No XXXHOLiC scheduled.
06/30 - Young Magazine #31 - Chapter 160.
07/07 - Young Magazine #32 - Chapter 161.


And XXXHOLiC is quite steady.
 

dorrie6

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 2, 2008
Messages
8
Reaction score
7
Gender
Female
Country
United States

KaNx

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2007
Messages
1,033
Reaction score
8,050
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Mauritius
xxxHolic 158 Discussion/159 Prediction Thread

The new chapter is out!! Get it HERE!!

As usual, you guys can discuss this chapter and predict the next here
 

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 9, 2007
Messages
6,761
Reaction score
907
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: xxxHolic 157 Discussion/158 Prediction Thread

Was about to make the thread, even though I'm not a mod. :XD But it's 158/159, not 157/158 KaNx. :amuse
 

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 9, 2007
Messages
6,761
Reaction score
907
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: xxxHOLIC spoilers thread

At long last, spoilers for chapter 158:

Chapter 158

Watanuki on the cover.

Watanuki stands in the kitchen. Next to him, Kohane looks at the stew.

Seeing the two, an old woman wears a gentle facial expression. Starting her (mystical) initiation stew, Kohane has been taught a lot. From the next room comes the sound of Doumeki munching on senbei crackers. Kohane invited him.

The present tranquility is thanks to Yuuko. However, Kohane's mother still needs time to cool off and understand that she must change herself, alone and apart from Kohane. Doumeki's house is large, but as the grandfather passed away, there's no one left that's powerful enough. (T/N: This sentence has a couple of things I'm not familiar with, so I could be off here.) For that reason, the one to take care of Kohane was Yuuko's acquaintance, the fortune-teller old woman.

Obaa-san: It'd have ended with my death, but
now that Kohane-chan has succeeded me,
it won't be the end.
My bond to Kohane-chan will continue forever and ever.
There's nothing as happy as this.
Kohane: ... Thank you.
I'm really happy
that I met you, granny. (T/N: Did I use to translate these more generic vocatives? Can't remember...)

Asking whether the old woman can drink, Doumeki brought sake that he got from a parishioner. He goes with Kohane to get glasses. The old woman tells Watanuki, who stayed behind, that he changed, and also says that Yuuko, too, changed from meeting Watanuki.

Quickly finding the glasses, Kohane starts to say something about Watanuki to Doumeki... (T/N: I'm not sure whether it really was the glasses they found -- the text uses an overly fancy expression there.)

Although she lost her "exorcism powers", Kohane's "seeing powers" remained!! What is Watanuki's future reflected in those uneasy eyes...!?


Spoilers for chapter 159 are out:

Chapter 159

In the fortune-teller's house's storehouse, Kohane turns a sincere look to Doumeki and asks a question. What she wants to know is the truth about an important person---

Kohane heard that Watanuki and Doumeki didn't get along at first. Doumeki doesn't deny it either. So, when did their relationship take a turn to how it is right now...? It was on a rainy day. Doumeki was coming back from school with his umbrella raised. He saw Watanuki standing still at a river shore. He was soaking, his eyes not focusing and carrying something like a pelt in his arms.

Watanuki: I, too, will die like this.
Alone.

It looks like Kohane understands. It's the difference from the one closest to her. Watanuki hasn't felt alone since that day, but Kohane was alone until now. Doumeki casually puts a hand on Kohane's head.

Doumeki: They're here too.
Kohane: In that case, I'm glad.
But,
I no longer have purification powers.
There's something
you're keeping, right?

The stone egg that was handed over by Yuuko. Doumeki nods.

Kohane: About Kimihiro-kun... please.
Please don't hesitate,
even when that moment comes.

Yuuko's figure overlaps. Doumeki closes his eyes and tightly grips back Kohane's hand!!

No longer alone, not wanting to be alone!! The feelings for Watanuki and the feelings for Doumeki flood out of Kohane's palms!!


Spoilers for chapter 160 are out, I'm still trying to find a RAW for chapter 159:

Chapter 160

Watanuki on the cover.

Watanuki and company spend gentle, warm moments. What is inside in Kohane's heart that she wants to deliver are a present for Yuuko, and her feelings for everyone.

Watanuki and Doumeki have left the fortune-teller's house. Watanuki is told by Doumeki that Kohane wanted to give the balloon not to her mother, but to him.

Watanuki: I've always thought that
"I must not be here".
I'd wondered whether I felt so because my parents died and I alone survived,
but I've come to get a bit of a different feeling.
Doumeki: ... Different how?
Watanuki: I dunno.
I don't remember.
Doumeki: What's it?
Watanuki: It's how it is.
But,
even if I don't remember,
if I have people who'll remember me,
I've come to feel that I want to be here.

His ideal existence continues to shake, the distress is without end. But, the connections and feelings of others try to change Watanuki!!
 
Last edited:

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
xxxHolic 159 - 160 Discussion/161 Prediction Thread

New chapter is out, you can find it in the RTS thread!


Discuss this chapter away, and feel free to predict what's going to happen in the next one (and for now, forgetting that we don't know what happened in the last one <.<)

[agrias]Ch. 159 is now out ^^; [/agrias]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Top