Cleaning Yellow Pages

onmypace00

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 14, 2011
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I've tried to clean manga with yellow pages, but I can't do them right. They just remain yellow! Are there any ways to clean manga with yellow pages?

When I upload the picture to the internet it seems to be black-white like I want it to be (spoiler tag), but the original is yellow-ish. And when I saved the picture it's still yellow.

 

zidane

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2007
Messages
1,497
Reaction score
1,162
Gender
Male
Country
Antarctica
Option a) Image -> Adjustments -> Desaturate. Option b) Image -> Mode -> Grayscale.
 

Gradonil_Ral

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2008
Messages
170
Reaction score
63
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Option c) Image -> Adjustments -> Gradient Map (a black&white gradient).

Personally, I think that changing the mode to grayscale is the most "neutral" option - desaturate tends to lighten up the lighter colors and gradient map can sometimes make the darker ones a bit too dark. Then again... you can adjust that by editing the gradient.

The only problem with changing the mode to grayscale is that it will turn the entire file to grayscale, not just the selected layer. So don't use it on files where you wanna keep something in color.
 
Last edited:
Top