Mag Talk Young Animal (Hakusensha)

Aipom626

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Country
United States
Hey, I was looking through an old raw issue I found of this magazine and found the series pictured below. It seemed pretty soothing, but I haven't been able to find any images of it with English text on MAL or Mangaupdates. I found it in 2017's issue 12, and it is reappearing again in 2018's issue 1. Does anyone know what the title of this series is in English so I could look more up about it, or if it's not a normal serialization/is a oneshot or mini-series?

razerxs

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Country
Galactic Republic
Hey, I was looking through an old raw issue I found of this magazine and found the series pictured below. It seemed pretty soothing, but I haven't been able to find any images of it with English text on MAL or Mangaupdates. I found it in 2017's issue 12, and it is reappearing again in 2018's issue 1. Does anyone know what the title of this series is in English so I could look more up about it, or if it's not a normal serialization/is a oneshot or mini-series?
Here's the author's twitter. Looks like a new serialization.

Aipom626

Country
United States
Here's the author's twitter. Looks like a new serialization.
Thanks a million! That's exactly what I was looking for. Glad to see I haven't missed out on a lot of this yet. It seems really sweet

MangAniMY

Country
Malaysia
Some PV released today

3-gatsu no Lion Shouwa Ibun - Shakunetsu no Jidai

Kono Ai Wa, Itan.

also 2 from last month

gal gohan

Peleliu - Rakuen no Guernica
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I... have no context for this...

Aipom626

Country
United States
Some PV released today

3-gatsu no Lion Shouwa Ibun - Shakunetsu no Jidai

Kono Ai Wa, Itan.

also 2 from last month

gal gohan

Peleliu - Rakuen no Guernica
I... have no context for this...

Gal Gohan is really great. The main girl is super cute, and I'm glad that she's actually trying to improve herself throughout the series. I'm glad that it sells well. As for that Futari Ecchi video you just posted..... I'm also at a loss for words lol.

Aipom626

Country
United States
Interesting. I've been a bit curious about this series since I first saw it. I wonder how it'll sell. If I recall correctly, Weekly Shonen Champion had a series like this last year that didn't sell well and was axed pretty quickly.

MangAniMY

Country
Malaysia
Dokunie Cooking PV (Minazuki Suu)

Young Animal Densi is closed enough...

Asobi Asobase CM

Aipom626

Country
United States
I know this is old news, but since the transferred series from Young Animal Arashi are beginning to pop up in Young Animal, I figured I'd post them here:
"The manga from Young Animal Arashi that will move to its sister magazine Young Animal include:
  • Shigemitsu Harada and Kyūjo Matsumoto's Majo wa Mioji kara
  • Yūki Honda's Tada Rikon Shitenai dake
  • Tarō Shinonome's S Rank Monster no Behemoth dakedo, Neko to Machigawarete Elf Musume no Pet Toshite Kurashitemasu
  • Sora Torikawa's Mariko-san no Kōkotsu Gohan
  • Shunsuke Kakuishi's Yawara no Michelangelo
  • Shinshu Ueda's Ebigawa-chō no Yōkai Cafe
  • Suzu Ōmi and Shigemitsu Harada's Jikyō!! Izumi-kun no Koi Moyō
  • Shizuya Wazarai's Kentō Ankokuden Cestvs
  • Sora Inoue's Mai Ball!
The first six manga listed above will move to Young Animal in this year's 14th issue on July 13. The magazine's 15th issue will publish the final installment of Jikyō!! Izumi-kun no Koi Moyō on July 27. Kentō Ankokuden Cestvs will debut in the magazine later. Mai Ball! will move to Hakusensha's Manga Park app and website on July 6."
So it looks like these were the series that were cancelled:
  1. Torako, Anmari Kowashicha Damedayo
  2. Nejimage Factor
  3. Do Race?
  4. Boku Dake Shitteru Ichinomiya-san
  5. Mujaki no Rakuen Parallel
Really sad about Torako and that Izumi is only going to get one more chapter. Torako was pretty different and funny, and Izumi had some pretty interesting developments.

Aipom626

Country
United States
A bit of a random post, but Dokunie Cooking has really been improving for me with the past few chapters. The original gags remain, but it seems like we're starting to get some more backstory about the main characters and the world that they're living in. I see a lot of comments each time a read the chapter about the author's other works, but I hope the sales have been good enough that this won't get axed. I noticed it was really low in this past TOC
Thankfully, it looks like Asobi Asobase's anime adaptation did an excellent job promoting the source material. According to book-rank, each of the older volumes has sold nearly or more than an additional 50,000 copies since their initial run. I'd call that a huge success. It looks like volumes are still selling, and since book-rank doesn't encompass all bookstore or digital whatsoever, those numbers are a conservative estimate. The real numbers have to be higher. I'm really hoping we can have a second season one day.

I wonder if Ueno will end up seeing an increase to some degree as well. While not as funny as Asobi, I still find the chapters amusing. Plus, the animation looks pretty solid. Curious to see if they'll ever give an adaptation for Henjo?
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Ueno key visual looks pretty good. Hopefully he gags will come across well.
Here's a shot of the main cast as well.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Rhyming Man is ending in 3 chapters. Speaking of the series, the first chapter was just translated into English for anyone curious

Aipom626

Country
United States

It looks like the authors of Gal Gohan and Futaba-san-ke no Kyoudai are going to be holding a fan event where people get to talk to and eat with them. Hopefully this publicity will be good for both of the series, especially since Gal Gohan was just announced to be getting an official English translation as well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)