Your favorite event in OP !

bharatsriv

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2007
Messages
87
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
India
Re: Your [...]est event in OP !

What is the most unexpected event you've ever seen ?
luffy not even affected by seeing boa naked ....i mean come on........even when its luffy ...but ....come on

What is the funniest event for you ?
Skypiea Arc, when luffy was singing the song and had alteration with skypiea local..the song was mina mina shimawa.......also LUFFY and CHOPPER saying heroes had cape when they meet sogeking...and when they catch MR2 as bait during alabasta arc.

What is the coolest event for you ?
"if i pull back now i wont be a MAN" zoro VS mihawk and again zoro asking KUMA to spare the life of luffy while covering in blood and still standing and saying nothing happened...and also MR 2 covered in blood and still saving LUFFY and screaming he was his friend.

What is the most stupid fight you've ever seen ?
Zoro and usopp as his sword vs jyabura and kaku

What is the most enjoyable fight ?
Luffy vs lucci and ZORO vs MIHAWK and ACE vs BB

What is your most impossible fight ?
ZORO vs MIHAWK

What is the best event that made you feel a high respect ?
Zoro offering his life in lieu of Luffy , and MR2 sacrificing himself for luffy and getting arrested by HINA

What is the most unexpected character evolution for you ?
Shanks , i thought he was a strong pirate but fighting as equal with whitebeard and the sky splitting it was epic.

The most emotional event ?
Going Merry's farewell. And whitebeard saying that he treated everyone as his son when stabbed.

Did you follow One Piece since the very beginning of the serie ? Are you an early fan ?
i saw the anime first ..but after that i have completed reading the manga 10 times......and i will read it again and again..oda u r god
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Your [...]est event in OP !

I was just thinking about a new question, I don't know if it's too late but still :
What would be your favorite quote ?
There are a lot of good sentences in One Piece, it can be funny, cool, badass, or whatever.
Either Luffy speech against Arlong in chapter 90 or Hiluluk final words
 

Rookiee

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 10, 2010
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Estonia
Re: Your [...]est event in OP !

What is the most unexpected event you've ever seen ?

Brook's connection to Laboon came as a total surprise, as well as Duval's face.

What is the funniest event for you ?

Seriously, there are too many..
IMO, the funniest being - yosh, yosh *pushes zombie back into grave*
The part where Zoro made Luffy drink his own bugger also had me in tears :XD

What is the coolest event for you ?

The Strawhats declaring war with the WG for the sake of their nakama, this one definitely takes the cake. This scene was really well executed.

What is the most stupid fight you've ever seen ?

I don't know, I really didn't enjoy the Davy back fight arc, including Luffy's fight with Foxy, the only part in the manga that I'd skip if I ever reread it :s

What is the most enjoyable fight ?

Strawhat crew vs Odz, great teamwork and action, some hilarious scenes mixed in there as well.

What is your most impossible fight ?

Luffy vs Crocodile before we got to know of his weakness. It seemed impossible for him to take him down at first.

What is the best event that made you feel a high respect ?

Zoro offering his own life to protect his captain's dream.

What is the most unexpected character evolution for you ?

Surely Coby, quite a drastic change in just a few months.. :D

The most emotional event ?

Usopp vs Luffy, especially in the anime.

Did you follow One Piece since the very beginning of the series ? Are you an early fan ?

I remember watching the Arabasta and Sky island arcs back in 2003/04 in German dub, but It went on a repeat from the start so I forgot about it in time. Then looked it up again in fall 2009 and just recently finished the manga.

What would be your favorite quote ?

Blackbeard's speech about dreams and the new era being crap.
 

predsfan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
843
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Your [...]est event in OP !

What is the most unexpected event you've ever seen ?
Definitely has to be the Duval reveal. There was absolutely no way in hell anybody would've been able to predict that coming. Plus it was hilarious :p.

What is the funniest event for you ?
Hmm, it's really hard to choose one specifically, but I'll go with the whole "Pirate Docking Six" thing while the SH's where fighting Oz. Robins reaction to combining into some super form was especially hilarious.

What is the coolest event for you ?
The coolest event for me would probably be Luffy one-shotting Bellamy. I don't know why, but I like things like that.

What is the most stupid fight you've ever seen ?
Franky vs. Nero on the train to Enies Lobby. I found that fight pretty funny, especially Franky :D.

What is the most enjoyable fight ?
I really enjoyed Luffy vs. Arlong. It showed us what Luffy could really do and what makes him tick, plus it was the first major fight in the manga.

What is your most impossible fight ?
Crocodile vs. Luffy. Luffy keeps getting dominated and keeps coming back.

What is the best event that made you feel a high respect ?
I'm going to have to agree with the people who said Smoker's not wanting to take the credit for Crocodile and telling the higher ups to "shove it."

What is the most unexpected character evolution for you ?
Helmeppo :p. I would have never thought we'd see Helmeppo again, but he has become apparently a pretty strong marine.

The most emotional event ?
The way Dr. Hiruluk's death played out and Chopper's reaction to it :crying. Watching it in the anime made it so much better.

Did you follow One Piece since the very beginning of the serie ? Are you an early fan ?
I didn't start reading One Piece (or manga in general) until about 4 years ago so, no.

What would be your favorite quote ?
I don't know why, but I really love the letter Sanji wrote to Nami and Robin:

"Dear Nami-san, Robin-chan....Where are you both right now? Are you doing well? As for me, I'm in hell!" :rofl.
 

senewe

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2008
Messages
408
Reaction score
96
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Your [...]est event in OP !

hy gatsuga sama. THIS ONE IS THE SECOND BEST THREAD FOR ME AT MH. (first is obviously spoiler and pitcure lOLz). so that, i'm puting more time to answer...

What is the most unexpected event you've ever seen ?

well, many have voted for ACE BEING GOLD ROGER'S SON. so did I.
and the art is, well, Im sure ODA sensei had already planed this one, even before he was born. seriously,he made the conversation between ace and garp, as such we thought that ace was reffering to DRAGON. HOWEVER..

What is the funniest event for you ?

there are tons off funy stuff, but i have to vote, it was when enel showing his WTF face after seeing his thunder doesn't have an effect on luffy. it was full page, and.... simply HILARIOUS.

What is the coolest event for you
when sogeking shoot the WG flag. it comes second, for me, after sakura's confession (OMG this one is the coolest ever) sorry off topic....

What is the most stupid fight you've ever seen ?

this award obviously goes to DAVY BACK damn FIGHT. that was crazy.

What is the most enjoyable fight ?

well, ROB LUCY VS LUFFY. both side no uperhand, no one intervense, evenly matched. I ENJOYED THAT MOMENT. and btw, water 7 is the best arc...

What is your most impossible fight ?

Luffy vs Aokiji

What is the best event that made you feel a high respect ?

can't think better than when smoker refuse a promotion.

What is the most unexpected character evolution for you ?
COBBY

The most emotional event ?

well, this one is the most interesting question. well, all are good, but this one is UNFORGETABLE.
i read all the reply, but why did you guys forget about FAREWELL OF GOING MERRY...
OMG, i can't describe my feeling when i read this one. if i were a girl, my tears would have drop, like my girlfriend did. there is no greater lose, than lose of our life-time nakama
and one more thing. BON-CHAN FAREWELL. T.T

Did you follow One Piece since the very beginning of the serie ? Are you an early fan ?

well, i started with the anime i think 6-7 years ago

What would be your favorite quote ?

dude, HAVE U EVER BEEN KICKED BY A SPEED OF LIGHT


Code:
again, thx for creating this thread, gatsuga-sama. hope we will atract more OP fans to join this thread. we can recall all the damn moment...
 

Mr.Popo

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2008
Messages
492
Reaction score
104
Gender
Hidden
Country
Germany
Re: Your [...]est event in OP !

What is the most unexpected event you've ever seen ?
The disappearance of the SHs on Shabondy.
I never thought that Oda would remove most of the main characters from the story.


What is the funniest event for you ?
Garp+Sengoku!
A carefree Garp together with a serious Sengoku is the most hilarious thing.
Oh, yeah, by the way... I brought the new tea!! Get out the crackers!
But don't forget Robin grabbing Franky's balls.


What is the coolest event for you ?
The scene when one of Bellamy's men revealed Luffy's and Zorro's bounties.


What is the most stupid fight you've ever seen ?
Afro Luffy vs. Foxy in the Davy back fight.
Afro Luffy looks stupid, is stupid and Foxy is even worse.


What is the most enjoyable fight ?
Zorro vs. 100 on whiskey peak.
But i like the fight on the brigde of struggle(EL) and SHs vs. pacifista with their splendid teamwork as well.


What is your most impossible fight ?
Luffy vs. Lucky!
The most impossible, unbelievable fight in OP. Luffy was already down and Lucky was still in good shape. Bet who won. Pure Bleach style.


What is the best event that made you feel a high respect ?
Zorro knocking out Sanji to prevend him from sacrifying his live for Luffy at the end of TB
It was not so much Zorro willing to sacrifice his life for Luffy, but for the whole crew and especially for Sanji in such a way.


What is the most unexpected character evolution for you ?
Probably Buggy, but Kuma is a good candidate either.
This is really hard, i mean Mr.2 was unexpected as well.


The most emotional event ?
Merry's funeral, the anime version.
Even i dropped a tear while seeing it.


Did you follow One Piece since the very beginning of the serie ? Are you an early fan ?
I started with the german anime version around 2003/04. I switched to the japanese version around W7/EL and to the manga in the middle of TB arc.


What would be your favorite quote ?
That's my grand son for ya!
 

deffkryz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
809
Gender
Hidden
Country
Germany
Re: Your [...]est event in OP !

What is the most unexpected event you've ever seen ?

I actually was surprised quite a lot of times by Oda. But the most unexpected Event was ... Ryo-san from Kochikame within the Marine troops in Enies Lobby. :blink

What is the funniest event for you ?

Robin convincing Franky to join the Mugiwaras - and Sanji and Brook being informed about that fact that Mermaids don't wear panties. Call me a childish, perverted sexist...

Oh, Garp's revelation on Luffy's father was also pretty funny...

What is the coolest event for you ?

Thousand Sunny roaring with the Gaon Cannon - and Luffy's reaction to it.

What is the most stupid fight you've ever seen ?

Hogback & Cindry vs. Chopper & Robin... That wasn't a fight - gladfully it was stopped by Oars.

What is the most enjoyable fight ?

Oh, there are many on equal level:

  • Zoro vs. Kuma - most impressive what Zoro was able to achieve in his weakened state
  • Usopp vs. Perona - good for the laughs
  • Mugiwaras (without Luffy) vs. Oars (without Moria)
  • The final Crocodile vs. Luffy
  • Eneru vs. Luffy
  • Sanji vs. Jabura

What is your most impossible fight ?

Foxy vs. Luffy... Though I liked the idea of that Afro boosting Luffy...

What is the best event that made you feel a high respect ?

The Mugiwaras "losing" at Sabaody Archipelago to Kizaru, Sentomaru and Kuma after being able to crush one PX.

What is the most unexpected character evolution for you ?

Hancock - developed from the most arrogant b*tch in the universe to a childish fan girl of Luffy.

The most emotional event ?

  • Robin crying, and shouting out for her Nakama on the Tower of Justice
  • Usopp begging for mercy
  • Luffy losing one nakama after the other on Sabaody

Many have said the Going Merry burial - but that didn't get that close to me.

Did you follow One Piece since the very beginning of the serie ? Are you an early fan ?

I started with Romance Dawn (that version with Ann, Gramps and Spiel) when it was published in the German manga magazine "Banzai!" - that would be... 2001?

What would be your favorite quote ?

Brook: "Excuse me, may I see you panties?" Just way too blunt to be ignored. :eyeroll
 

LongLiveOnePiece

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2010
Messages
165
Reaction score
36
Gender
Male
Country
Greece
Re: Your [...]est event in OP !

What is the most unexpected event you've ever seen ?
it was at SA arc when everyone was vanished-scattered.it really freaked me out :P

What is the funniest event for you ?
funniest event-episode-chapter when they meet brooke and they have a dinner.hilarious really

What is the coolest event for you ?
sogeking burning the WG's flag for Robin's sake.

and Whitebeard quaking is too good to be true.best DF ever



What is the most stupid fight you've ever seen ?
Sanji vs that studip cook at sea train.pointless.



What is the most enjoyable fight ?
Ace vs Blackbeard.although i was sure Ace would loose.BB is too powerful and probably the last villaine of OP.sorry Ace

What is your most impossible fight ?
it was Croco of course.the first Shichibukai who fought seriously with a straw hat so it was a big leap forward for luffy to beat him.after loosing 2 times:P


What is the best event that made you feel a high respect?

the way Whitebeard treats his nakama

What is the most unexpected character evolution for you ?

Robin,but in a bad way.i thought she was way more powerful.after all she has a bounty of 80M belli.she has a weird fruit too. i dont know how she is gonna evolve in the future.she sure needs to as the New World awaits

The most emotional event ?
Whitebeard thinking: give me a break.they call me a monster they call me a Demon but i m only one man with one heart.
Did you follow One Piece since the very beginning of the serie ? Are you an early fan ?
i have been to one piece for about 5 years
 

Youbba

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2009
Messages
174
Reaction score
101
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Your [...]est event in OP !

What is the most unexpected event you've ever seen ?

Luffy being the grandson of a famous Marines, when Garp come to see him in Water seven, I really liked this chapter we had many important information, Luffy father and grandfather and of course the 4 yonkou introduction.

What is the funniest event for you ?

Afro Luffy

What is the coolest event for you ?
Luffy asking Ussop (sogeking) to burn the WG's flag in Enies Lobby

What is the most stupid fight you've ever seen ?

Zoro fighting Kaku with ussop in zoro's right arm.

What is the most enjoyable fight ?

Luffy vs Lucci, the best fight that I have ever seen in the all manga that I have ever read

What is your most impossible fight ?
SH vs (Kizaru + Sentumaru + Kuma + pacifista)

What is the best event that made you feel a high respect ?
Zoro willing to sacrifice himself instead of Luffy in Thriller Bark

What is the most unexpected character evolution for you ?
Coby what the f***k did he do as training.

The most emotional event ?
Jaguar D saul Death and Robin escaping orahara destruction

Did you follow One Piece since the very beginning of the serie ? Are you an early fan ?

Unfortunatly no, it has been only 2 years since I started One Piece.
 

The Closet Pervert

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2007
Messages
1,048
Reaction score
828
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: Your [...]est event in OP !

What is the most unexpected event you've ever seen ?

Most unexpected? First thing that comes into mind is "The Merry" coming to the resque after Strawhats rescue Nico Robin from Enies Lobby.

What is the funniest event for you ?

Zoro getting lost all the time very hilarious :D Most recently on the "Tenryuubito island", when he got the tree number wrong. Can't stop grinning when thinking of that.

What is the coolest event for you ?

Luffy punching the Tenryuubito in the auction house. *still in awe of Luffys actions*

What is the most stupid fight you've ever seen ?

Franky vs CP9 Fatso Balloon Guy, "The one that can't stop talking", "the zippermouth". "Most stupid fight" in a good way, for me.

What is the most enjoyable fight ?

Admiral Kizaru vs The Supernova, just for the sheer entertainment value.

What is your most impossible fight ?

Luffy vs Admiral Aoikiji (Ice Guy), when they meet for the first time.

What is the best event that made you feel a high respect ?

Luffy punching the Tenryuubito in the auction house. /respect to Luffy! Luffy is The Man :)

What is the most unexpected character evolution for you ?

What Usopp did when Luffy decided to leave Merry. I totally didn't know that I could take Usopp seriously (as a fighter). Until that time, I only saw Usopp as comic relief of the series.

The most emotional event ?

Strawhat crew declaring war on world goverment, for Nico Robin.

Did you follow One Piece since the very beginning of the serie ? Are you an early fan ?

I started reading the manga around the invasion of Enies Lobby.

What would be your favorite quote ?
"Are you bastards insane!!? Don't you dare to even dream that you'd survive having the world as your enemy!!!!
I'D BE HAPPY TO LIVE WITH THAT-----!!!!"
 
Last edited:

johnnyb7

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 17, 2009
Messages
325
Reaction score
33
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Your [...]est event in OP !

What is the most unexpected event you've ever seen ?

Luffy going off to rescue Ace alone.

What is the funniest event for you ?

There were a couple, one of which being the picture when sanji, usopp and luffy enter the trial of balls and their facial expressions involved all their eyeballs outside of their heads and their tongs sticking unrealistically far out, haha. Also when mr. 2 flashed sanji, chopper and luffy as nami, haha.

What is the coolest event for you ?

I'd have to say when Zoro was introduced, scary as hell monster who turns out to be a good guy.

What is the most stupid fight you've ever seen ?

Sanji vs. Ramen guy is up there, haha.

What is the most enjoyable fight ?

Without a doubt I would say Luffy vs. Enel. Enel having a God complex, thinking himself invincible on all accounts and then having Luffy kick him in the stomach. This could be a part of the coolest event for me too, I really loved this arc.

What is your most impossible fight ?

Luffy vs. Crocodile, not knowing how he could possibly hurt him. I had no idea how that was going to turn out, if it would have Luffy get a seastone weapon or what, using his own blood to touch him, badass.

What is the best event that made you feel a high respect ?

When Usopp shot Spandam and the other marines from the tower of justice. Them saying it was impossible for them to be hit from there. Him fighting Franky's family and shooting the flag. I basically gained a good bit of respect for him in that arc, except when he left the crew, I didn't like that.

What is the most unexpected character evolution for you ?

Coby

The most emotional event ?

Luffy punching through Enel to hit the golden bell.

Did you follow One Piece since the very beginning of the serie ? Are you an early fan ?

I've followed One Piece since 2003. Loved it all the way.
 

Mr.Popo

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2008
Messages
492
Reaction score
104
Gender
Hidden
Country
Germany
Re: Your [...]est event in OP !

After writing another post I realized that there is a scene in One Piece that deeply touched me and is appropiate for many categories here.

What is the best event that made you feel a high respect ?
What is the most unexpected character evolution for you ?
The most emotional event ?

The touching speech Hanyabal made while facing Luffy.
One of the absolut BEST scenes in One Piece ever!
That easily beats my other points I made earlier here.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Your [...]est event in OP !

What is the most unexpected event you've ever seen ?

Ace being Roger's son was O_O

What is the funniest event for you ?

Anything by Usopp; singing on top of the Tower of Justice, trying to scare Enel with the needle, the frostbite scene in Drum Island with Vivi, there's too much. Usopp-sama!!

What is the coolest event for you ?

The appearance of the supernovas was amazing to me, but there's a lot

What is the most stupid fight you've ever seen ?

Whiskey Peak. When Luffy woke up and started fighting Zoro because the latter beat up the habitants who were bounty hunters, whilst Luffy thought they were friends because they threw him a party. And how he casually laughed it off after the situation was explained to him.

What is the most enjoyable fight ?

I'm gonna be bias and say any of Zoro's fights; Zoro vs Mr.1 was just wow... a coming of age for Zoro, it was basically a do-or-die situation and he did.

Luffy vs Rob Lucci was amazing, the attacks....wow, lucky he didn't fight the pigeon..

What is your most impossible fight ?

Strawhats versus Kizaru; excuse the language but I shat myself when he revelead that he was a light-man. How the hell do you hit light?! was my question....


What is the best event that made you feel a high respect ?

The appearance of Whitebeard at Marineford and his owning of John Giant was wow, give credit where it's due. But I'd say Enel is to me tje


What is the most unexpected character evolution for you ?

Well we all know that Usopp is weak but how managed to bring about Sogeking to overcome that deserves some serious credit.


The most emotional event ?

I cried when Kuma dispersed the crew one by one, but I'd have to say Luffy vs Usopp was very emotional.


Did you follow One Piece since the very beginning of the serie ? Are you an early fan ?

Not an early fan, I didn't know about OP until like 2005, since then, it's been my everyday life!
 

BetaRuler

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2009
Messages
382
Reaction score
89
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Your [...]est event in OP !

Usopp trying to scare Enel with the needle
I forgot about that, I'll have to go find that page now!

What is the most unexpected event you've ever seen ?
Luffy and Impel Down escapees landing in middle of the WB vs Marines war! Just the last panel was such an epic entrance!

What is the funniest event for you ?
The Sunny Go and Strawhats battle against the flying fish riders!
When Duval's face was revealed and everything Brooke did

What is the coolest event for you ?
Again, the Sunny Go and Strawhats battle against the flying fish riders!
Seeing the sunnys head firing.

What is the most stupid fight you've ever seen ?
Ussopps fights... Against ghost girl, with Zorro against Kaku and wolfey, and against Mr 4 and mrs whatever her name was. His fights are usually always funny.

What is the most enjoyable fight ?
Kizaru's debut fight on Shabondy

What is your most impossible fight ?
Impel Down's Mazellan fighting

What is the best event that made you feel a high respect ?
Impel Down Mazellan again, he was owning everyone in Impel Down!

What is the most unexpected character evolution for you ?
Ussop when he really became recognised as a sniper during Enies Lobby, shooting troops from top of the Judical tower!

The most emotional event ?
Brooke's memories of his crew when they played their last song until he was all alone, perhaps because I was reading it as the story was released I felt the emotion quite strongly.

Did you follow One Piece since the very beginning of the serie ? Are you an early fan ?
I started reading when the Thriller Back arc was beginning.

What would be your favorite quote ?
Chapter 218 "Everything that humans can imagine, is a possibility in reality" Physicist Willy Karen
 
Last edited:

Lord Rayleigh

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 20, 2008
Messages
3,134
Reaction score
4,272
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Your [...]est event in OP !

What is the most unexpected event you've ever seen ?
Come on, guys ! That's indeed a bit old, but what about the war that we are currently seeing : The Marine and the Shichibukai vs the Yonkou WB and his armada. That used to be totally unexpected !

What is the funniest event for you ?
It's too hard for me, I don't remind all the funny events of OP. That's why I will not answer, I don't want to be influenced by the last chapters I have read.

What is the coolest event for you ?
The " 100 000 000 bounty " event, after Luffy and Zoro were beat by Bellamy and his crew, and despised by everyone, Luffy took care of Bellamy and the drinker understood who Luffy and his crew really were.

What is the most stupid fight you've ever seen ?
Either Jango vs the 3 kids of Syrup town (Piment, Oignon, Carotte) or Franky vs the Franky family (the underpants event).

What is the most enjoyable fight ?
Zoro vs Mr 1 or Luffy vs Blueno.

What is your most impossible fight ?
Roger vs Whitebeard : - how can Roger have beat WB when he was at his prime ?
- how could the planet suffer such a big and probably long fight when you know the effects of WB's DF on it ?

What is the best event that made you feel a high respect ?
That is not exactly an event but anyway, Laboon still waiting for the Rumbar pirates.

What is the most unexpected character evolution for you ?
The most unexpected character evolution can only be Roger ! Yeah, I mean the Pirate King ! I guess everyone thought like me that Roger was seen as the greatest guy ever born in the OP world, with all those words about him when Luffy met people that had known him. But since a while, Oda has been showing us that actually Roger was hated by the peoples : civils (Ace's flashbacks), pirates (Shiki, Squardo, silver medalists). I guess we could add more people to this list.

The most emotional event ?
Luffy at Shabondy Archipelago, trying to save his crewmates with all his might, loosing all of them, crying and then giving away his life to Kuma. He thought that Kuma was going to kill him as we can see that he understood later - after he woke up - that the other SHs could be safe, still on this earth, flying just like him.

Did you follow One Piece since the very beginning of the serie ? Are you an early fan ?
I'm not an early fan. I began with the anime and I recall that when I had watched all the episodes available (it took me some months), I was waiting for the next W7 episode.
Yet, I remind that when I was a kid, I read one of the chapter of a volume in a Virgin Megastore. I did not have the time to read a lot of it because I had to leave and I wondered how a young man could turn bigger to stop a cannonball : that was Luffy with his Fuusen against Buggy's special cannonball.

What would be your favorite quote ?
I am not really able to quote a lot of characters in OP. I can quote very well some words of the MHQ arc and I have some memories of the ID and TB arcs' cool dialogues but before that, it's really difficult. Anyway, I'm choosing that : I'm the one who is going to be the Pirate King !
 

Winlyx-chan

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2009
Messages
124
Reaction score
44
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Your [...]est event in OP !

What is the most unexpected event you've ever seen?
Several people said it was Ace being Roger's father but for me it was the actual announcement of Ace's actual execution. I honestly didn't see it coming (read the other answers i give for these questions and you'll realize why.

What is the funniest event for you?
Several events have had me laughing on the floor but for me the best where Luffy's first encounter with Laboon. I love that first he fired the cannon at the whale then hit it in the eye his crew wanted to kill him. As well as the Sanji reaction to the wanted poster. I'm kinda hoping that Sanji's poster will be a running gag in the series

What is the coolest event for you?
The entire final fight the crew did against the CP9. I loved each and every one of the battles, not to mention that a few members of the crew who were once considered the weak members even showed a good battle.

What is the most stupid fight you've ever seen?
The fight against Devual (sp?). What was the point in him attacking the crew. if Sanji was the only one he wanted then i see no point in dragging out such a petty reason to fight someone.

What is the most enjoyable fight?
The current chapter of the manga (572) Ace and Luffy teamed up is perfect. Can't wait for the episode!

What is your most impossible fight?
Luffy vs Moria. If it wasn't for Moria making such a critical mistake at the end by taking in more then he could handle Luffy wouldn't have been able to beat him.

What is the best event that made you feel a high respect?
The episode robin's past was revealed and that her crew was willing go go as far as to burn down a WG flag just to save her.

What is the most unexpected character evolution for you?
Nami, I though she would be pretty much just the navigator and do nothing more then that. I wasn't actually expecting her to do so much fighting of be as much a help to the crew as she has been

The most emotional event?
I don't know why but for me it was burning Merry. I can't explain it but when i saw that entire episode by the end of it I had tears in my eyes as well.

Did you follow One Piece since the very beginning of the series? Are you an early fan?
No in fact I am almost the opposite. I first saw 4kids version though it was crap and would never watch sucha stupid anime. Then about three years ago a friend of mine recommended the series and said 4kids screwed it up. I watched it discovered I liked it and watched it up to episode 200 (was lazy and didn't want to read the manga). Then my computer crashed I lost the rest of the episodes and forgot the website I used for the download. I was also interested in other series at the time and before long totally forgot about OP. Then June of last year I discovered a Episodes site for OP. Out of boredom I decided to download a couple episodes just to remind me about what the series was about. Long story short by the time I was done I had watched every episode up to date and decided to jump to the manga as i needed to know what was going to happen next and have been addicted ever since

What would be your favorite quote?
Don't know if this is the actual translation but "One of these days I am definitely going to kill you" by Zoro. He makes the threat so often that it kinda rubs off on me.
 

ZeroChrome

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 22, 2006
Messages
576
Reaction score
59
Gender
Male
Country
United Nations
Re: Your [...]est event in OP !

What is the most unexpected event you've ever seen ?
-The revelation of Ace being Roger's son.
-All the crewmembers sent flying on Shabondy Archipelago. That caught me off guard.
-The revelation of CP9 members.

What is the funniest event for you ?
Luffy imitating Sanji in prison at Alabasta *link*

What is the coolest event for you ?
-Usopp's pose after striking Spandam from a long shot at Enies Lobby
-The crew arrived to save Robin *link*

What is the most stupid fight you've ever seen ?
Sanji VS Wanze on the Sea Train

What is the most enjoyable fight ?
my most enjoyable fight would be Zoro+Sanji VS The Groggy Monsters in Davy Back Fight.
but the most intense fight that I like is Zoro VS Captain T-Bone on the Sea Train from Water 7 to Enies Lobby.

What is your most impossible fight ?
Luffy VS Crocodile. Took him 3 attempts to finally beat him.

What is the best event that made you feel a high respect ?
Zoro took Luffy's pain on Thriller Bark to protect Luffy from Kuma. Gotta respect and admire that.

What is the most unexpected character evolution for you ?
From Usopp to Sogeking. *Sogeki no shima de.......*

The most emotional event ?
-Going Merry came to the rescue. I shed manly tears. *sob*
-most of the flashbacks, but to me the flashback in the Skypiea Arc was the best, where the Jaya people realize they were wrong about Norland and rang the bell for Norland

Did you follow One Piece since the very beginning of the serie ? Are you an early fan ?
Yup. followed it since vol. 1, but became really addicted after Arlong Arc

What would be your favorite quote ?
Arlong: "A person with no pride like you is not worth to being a captain. What can you do?"
Luffy : "I can defeat you"*link*
 

sharingan_kakashi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
693
Reaction score
35
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Your [...]est event in OP !

What is the most unexpected event you've ever seen ?
Luffy being the son of Dragon
Ace being Roger's son

What is the funniest event for you ?
-Luffy as Chopper
(Chap 218)

What is the coolest event for you ?
-When Luffy said Nami was his nakama in the fight with arlong.

What is the most stupid fight you've ever seen ?
-if by stupid you mean dumb. my answer is Davy bark ark.

What is the most enjoyable fight ?
Zoro vs Mr 1
Luffy vs Lucci
Luffy vs Blueno

What is the best event that made you feel a high respect ?
-When Shanks walked onto Whitebeard's ship while using a haki
-When luffy beat the crap out of Ussop for insubbordination

The most emotional event ?
-Going Merry came to the rescue.
-Everytime the skeleton has a flashback
-Zoro swearing to Luffy that he will never lose again (vs Mihawk)

Did you follow One Piece since the very beginning of the serie ? Are you an early fan ?
Nope. i started somewhere in the alabasta arc.

What would be your favorite quote ?
Luffy: im no good... if i stay the way i am i won't be any good.
...i've thought of a way to fight with all my might so i won't ever have to lose to anybody...
you won't be able to follow me anymore... all of my technoques will evolve one step...
GEAR... SECOND.
(chap 387)
 

Truefan21

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2009
Messages
613
Reaction score
376
Gender
Male
Country
Jamaica
Re: Your [...]est event in OP !

What is the most unexpected event you've ever seen ?
Ace being Roger's son, that blew me away

What is the funniest event for you ?
When Buggy though WB saw him as an equal, when he was simply using him


What is the coolest event for you ?
When shiryuu joined BB pirates

What is the most stupid fight you've ever seen ?
That would be usopp vs. perona, it was ridiculous

What is the most enjoyable fight ?
Luffy vs. Lucci , that fight was full of win
you could feel the anguish and frustration in that fight and lucci being a total douche enjoy luffy's losing hope.

What is your most impossible fight ?
Luffy vs Crocodile, he was in the desert he had elemental advantage, how could he have lost, but luffy used his weakness of water

What is the best event that made you feel a high respect ?
Zoro vs. Kuma. I had mad respect for zoro in t that fight, zoro taking luffy's taking and fatigue, was admoirable

What is the most unexpected character evolution for you ?
Mr. 3 helping luffy, I thought he did not care at all.

The most emotional event ?
Usopp leaving the crew, that was quite sad and his fight with luffy was sad as well

Did you follow One Piece since the very beginning of the serie ? Are you an early fan ?
I started reading one piece religiously after I saw the luffy and crocodile's fight on youtube. Then I saw Enies Lobby arc, the rest is history

What is your favorite quote
"If I can't protect my captain then my dream is nothing but talk" by Zoro talking to Kuma

One piece rules I am glad I gave it a chance due to naruto's and bleach becoming a disappointment
 
Last edited:
Top