Re: Favourite quotes
"I am an anarch in space, a metahistorian in time. Hence I am committed to neither the political present nor tradition; I am blank and also open and potent in any direction." - Ernst Junger
"Today only the person who no longer believes in a happy ending, only he who has consciously renounced it, is able to live. A happy century does not exist; but there are moments of happiness, and there is freedom in the moment." - Ernst Junger
"The anarch knows the rules. He has studied them as a historian and goes along with them as a contemporary. Wherever possible, he plays his own game within their framework; this makes the fewest waves." - Ernst Junger
"The partisan wants to change the law, the criminal break it; the anarch wants neither. He is not for or against the law. While not acknowledging the law, he does try to recognize it like the laws of nature, and he adjusts accordingly." - Ernst Junger
"We do not escape our boundaries or our innermost being. We do not change. It is true we may be transformed, but we always walk within our boundaries, within the marked-off circle." - Ernst Junger
"I wish to defy society not in order to improve it, but to hold it at bay no matter what." - Ernst Junger
"For the anarch, little is changed when he strips off a uniform that he wore partly as fool’s motley, partly as camouflage. It covers his spiritual freedom, which he will objectivate during such transitions. This distinguishes him from the anarchist, who, objectively unfree, starts raging until he is thrust into a more rigorous straitjacket." - Ernst Junger
"Compulsory schooling is essentially a means of curtailing natural strength and exploiting people. The same is true of military conscription, which developed within the same context. The anarch rejects both of them - just like obligatory vaccination and insurance of all kinds." - Ernst Junger
"A basic theme for the anarch is how man, left to his own devices, can defy superior forces – whether state, society, or the elements – by making use of their rules without submitting to them." - Ernst Junger
"As an anarch, who acknowledges neither law nor custom, I owe it to myself to get at the very heart of things. I then probe them in terms of their contradictions, like image and mirror image." - Ernst Junger
"The anarchist, as the born foe of authority, will be destroyed by it after damaging it more or less. The anarch, on the other hand, has appropriated authority; he is sovereign. He therefore behaves as a neutral power vis-à-vis state and society. He may like, dislike, or be indifferent to whatever occurs in them. That is what determines his conduct; he invests no emotional values." - Ernst Junger
"I am an anarch – not because I despise authority, but because I need it. Likewise, I am not a nonbeliever, but a man who demands something worth believing in." - Ernst Junger
"The special trait making me an anarch is that I live in a world which I ‘ultimately’ do not take seriously. This increases my freedom; I serve as a temporary volunteer." - Ernst Junger
"The anarch wages his own wars, even when marching in rank and file." - Ernst Junger
"My unlucky star had destined me to be born when there was much talk about morality and, at the same time, more murders than in any other period. There is, undoubtedly, some connection between these phenomena." - Ernst Junger
"When society involves the anarch in a conflict which in which he does not participate inwardly, it challenges him to launch an opposition. He will try to turn the lever with which society moves him. Society is then at his disposal, say, as a stage for grand spectacles that are devised for him. Everything changes; the fetter becomes fascinating, danger an adventure, a suspenseful task." - Ernst Junger
"The anarch is oriented to facts, not ideas. He fights alone, as a free man, and would never dream of sacrificing himself to having one inadequacy supplant another and a new regime triumph over the old one. In this sense, he is closer to the philistine; the baker whose chief concern is to bake good bread; the peasant, who works his plow while armies march across his fields." - Ernst Junger
---------- Post added at 04:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 AM ----------
"Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law." - Aleister Crowley
"I have never grown out of the infantile belief that the universe was made for me to suck." - Aleister Crowley
"I was asked to memorise what I did not understand; and, my memory being so good, it refused to be insulted in that manner." - Aleister Crowley
"In the absence of willpower the most complete collection of virtues and talents is wholly worthless." - Aleister Crowley
"Modern morality and manners suppress all natural instincts, keep people ignorant of the facts of nature and make them fighting drunk on bogey tales." - Aleister Crowley
"Ordinary morality is only for ordinary people." - Aleister Crowley
"Paganism is wholesome because it faces the facts of life." - Aleister Crowley
"The joy of life consists in the exercise of one's energies, continual growth, constant change, the enjoyment of every new experience. To stop means simply to die. The eternal mistake of mankind is to set up an attainable ideal." - Aleister Crowley
"The ordinary man looking at a mountain is like an illiterate person confronted with a Greek manuscript." - Aleister Crowley
"The pious pretense that evil does not exist only makes it vague, enormous and menacing." - Aleister Crowley
"The supreme satisfaction is to be able to despise one's neighbor and this fact goes far to account for religious intolerance. It is evidently consoling to reflect that the people next door are headed for hell." - Aleister Crowley
"To read a newspaper is to refrain from reading something worth while. The first discipline of education must therefore be to refuse resolutely to feed the mind with canned chatter." - Aleister Crowley
---------- Post added at 04:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 AM ----------
"A person should not be too honest. Straight trees are cut first and honest people are screwed first." - Kautilya
"As soon as the fear approaches near, attack and destroy it." - Kautilya
"Before you start some work, always ask yourself three questions - Why am I doing it, What the results might be and Will I be successful." - Kautilya
"Books are as useful to a stupid person as a mirror is useful to a blind person." - Kautilya
"Even if a snake is not poisonous, it should pretend to be venomous." - Kautilya
"Give your wealth only to the worthy and never to others. The water of the sea received by the clouds is always sweet." - Kautilya
"One whose knowledge is confined to books and whose wealth is in the possession of others, can use neither his knowledge nor wealth when the need for them arises." - Kautilya
"The biggest guru-mantra is: never share your secrets with anybody. It will destroy you." - Kautilya
"The life of an uneducated man is as useless as the tail of a dog which neither covers its rear end, nor protects it from the bites of insects." - Kautilya
"There is poison in the fang of the serpent, in the mouth of the fly and in the sting of a scorpion; but the wicked man is saturated with it." - Kautilya
"There is some self-interest behind every friendship. There is no friendship without self-interests. This is a bitter truth." - Kautilya
"We should not fret for what is past, nor should we be anxious about the future; men of discernment deal only with the present moment." - Kautilya
---------- Post added December 08, 2011 at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was December 06, 2011 at 04:42 AM ----------
"Every educated person is a future enemy." - Martin Bormann
"Unfortunately this earth is not a fairy-land, but a struggle for life, perfectly natural and therefore extremely harsh." - Martin Bormann
"I can't dislike you, but I will say this to you: you haven't got long before you are all going to kill yourselves, because you are all crazy. And you can project it back at me, but I am only what lives inside each and every one of you." - Charles Manson
"But I think that it is high time that you all start looking at yourselves, and judging the lie that you live in." - Charles Manson
"I have X'd myself from your world." - Charles Manson
"I never thought I was normal, never tried to be normal." - Charles Manson
"I will have you removed if you don't stop. I have a little system of my own." - Charles Manson
"I'm not of this generation." - Charles Manson
"I'm probably one of the most dangerous men in the world if I want to be." - Charles Manson
"If you're going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." - Charles Manson
"Pain's not bad, it's good. It teaches you things. I understand that." - Charles Manson
"The real strong have no need to prove it to the phonies." - Charles Manson
"These children that come at you with knives, they are your children. You taught them. I didn't teach them. I just tried to help them stand up." - Charles Manson
"You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy." - Charles Manson
"Success is the important thing." - Josef Goebbels
"I speak differently in the provinces than I do in Berlin, and when I speak in Bayreuth, I say different things than I say in the Pharus Hall. That is a matter of practice, not of theory." - Josef Goebbels
"That's what the democratic parties personify: business groups! Nothing more." - Josef Goebbels
"Peoples do never govern themselves. That lunacy was concocted by liberalism. Behind its "people's sovereignty" the slyest cheaters are hiding, who don't want to be recognized." - Josef Goebbels