Favorites Your Favourite Shoujo Manga

kiddo7

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2006
Messages
931
Reaction score
23
Gender
Hidden
Country
Austria
I have not read many of these and i am still not entirely sure which of the manga I have read fall into which categories but I would say one that sstands out for me and I am pretty confident is a shoujo would be Gacha Gacha. But only the first part!!! Not only does the art look a whole lot better but the story is also more interesting and the main character is not Simply a selfish horny idiot. I was also very diasapointed how little the second part had to do with the original story at all, if not for that one refference you could never tell that they have anything to do with each other, they are not even similar.

anyway if you are interested in slightly ecchi shoujo mangas with a twist, you can check it out at either mangarun.com or mangavolume.com
 

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
kiddo7 said:
I have not read many of these and i am still not entirely sure which of the manga I have read fall into which categories but I would say one that sstands out for me and I am pretty confident is a shoujo would be Gacha Gacha. But only the first part!!! Not only does the art look a whole lot better but the story is also more interesting and the main character is not Simply a selfish horny idiot. I was also very diasapointed how little the second part had to do with the original story at all, if not for that one refference you could never tell that they have anything to do with each other, they are not even similar.

anyway if you are interested in slightly ecchi shoujo mangas with a twist, you can check it out at either mangarun.com or mangavolume.com
I completely agree with you, I loved the first part and I read only a couples of chapter of the second. But maybe Gacha Gacha (the first part) isn't a shoujo, I don't think there is enough romance.
 

kiddo7

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2006
Messages
931
Reaction score
23
Gender
Hidden
Country
Austria
oh well I thought it was driven by romance, but maybe that is just me.
 

bakashijinsan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2006
Messages
1,660
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
not sure if this is a shounen[shoujo i mean] manga but i'm pretty much sure that it is.

Fruits Basket

EDIT: crap i've been reading so many shounen manga lately
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Furuba is indeed shojo.

My fave shojo is Beauty is the Beast. The visual style is amazing, and the comedy drives it up to the heartwarming junk.
 

tonks2006

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 28, 2005
Messages
29
Reaction score
37
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
I love shoujo mangas that have a tom-boyish/crazy lead female characters 8D
My ultimate favourites are Tokyo Crazy Paradise, Skip Beat, Hana Yori Dango and Perfect Girl Evolution.
 

jinchuuriki kage

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 16, 2006
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Shojo is new to me, but from the two series I have looked at:

+ Fruits Basket (yea, yea, another guy who reads furuba!)
+ His & Hers Circumstances

will most certainly have me browsing some more titles.

Any recommendations?
 

psychotic_tensai

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 15, 2006
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
ahh... the all time question. for my daily required intake of manga i usually resort to shounen ones. they have so many things going on at just one chapter that it'll satisfy my need for resolution. for my shoujo faves i usually wait for a whole volume to finish before i read it to make sure i won't be left hanging.

for favorites in the shoujo category, i would have to include the following:

- fruits basket (though the art isn't that good at first glance, the story makes up for it two fold. for the starting volumes i had to convince myself that yuki was a boy. furuba is the one if you're looking for the right mixture of light fluff and comedy which then proceeds non-stop to angstville.)
- xxxholic and tsubasa reservoir chronicle (well, i don't really know if this is classified as shoujo but they are lots of bishounen so what the heck. i agree with others that you should read this together so you'd appreciate all of the humor clamp-tachi includes. because of this need, i also found myself picking up their other titles like gohou drug and x1999. talk about clamp fanaticism.)
- ouran high school host club (i watched the anime first and it was such a joy to watch. i really like haruhi as the heroine since i kind of identify with her seriousness and dislike to dress up in frilly dresses. it was a bit of a bummer that the anime followed closely with the manga that i had nothing new to gush about, but it is still fun to reminisce.)
 

SakuraChi-chi

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 21, 2006
Messages
42
Reaction score
0
Age
31
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
I love shoujo mangas the most,here r some of them.

1. Time Stranger Kyoko - the storyline might hv been 2 easy,but the way the drawing was,it was totally hardwork.
2. Full Moon - i might not hv seen the whole thing,but the author of Full Moon was the same as the 1 who drawn Time Stranger Kyoko.(maybe that's why i like it...)
3.Cardcaptor Sakura - a fantasy 4 a little girl like me!
 

admirenkiwi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2006
Messages
463
Reaction score
5
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I wonder why the artwork for Both Hana-kimi and Fruit Basket later near the end volumes looks a bit.....wierd?
But they both are still very good!!!
 

Camena

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 28, 2006
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I'm not a big fan of Yuu Watase (her female characters anger me sooo much) but I do hafta say that her manga Alice19 rocks!

My other favorites are Girls Got Game (Power!!!), xxxHOLic and Tsubasa: RC, and Cardcaptor Sakura!

Other than that...I'm slowly losing interest in Shoujo...oh sigh
 

admirenkiwi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2006
Messages
463
Reaction score
5
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
OMG!!
Great minds think a like!! XD
I am also not a fan AT ALL of yuu watase.
the female characters REALLY DO ANGER ME A LOT!!!!
thats y i stopped watching it
-_-
GIRL GOT GAME IS REALLY FUNNY!!!
Cant forget SKIP BEAT AND BASARA!!(Fav shoujos)
 

Camena

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 28, 2006
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Gender
Female
Country
United States
mds said:
OMG!!
Great minds think a like!! XD
I am also not a fan AT ALL of yuu watase.
the female characters REALLY DO ANGER ME A LOT!!!!
thats y i stopped watching it
-_-
GIRL GOT GAME IS REALLY FUNNY!!!
Cant forget SKIP BEAT AND BASARA!!(Fav shoujos)
OMG! Someone else that likes Girl Got Game!!!! I was so scared I'd lose interest after Kyo and Chiharu got together...BUT IT WAS GREAT!!! yay!
 

admirenkiwi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2006
Messages
463
Reaction score
5
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
really, i dont get whats so good about yuu watase's work.
Ive seen many better stories and artwork.
I really wanted Girl Got Game to continue, *sad* but it was the end. ~sigh!
But im REALLY happy cause Shizuru Seino (the artist+aurthor) is coming out with another funny book called Heaven!!
I think it should be out by now, but i read a few of the chapters and it wasnt a disappointment at all. Seino hasnt lost her touch with the Comedy + Romance. XD
 

Camena

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 28, 2006
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Yay! A new Shizuru Seino manga! I was hoping another would be released! Is there a Edited Manga or must I wait for a published translation from Tokyopop or whoever???
 

admirenkiwi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2006
Messages
463
Reaction score
5
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
the book i think should be out soon.....or already -_-
no clue
just a bit longer.....
did u try skip beat?
or maybe basara?
they are are also VERY GOOD SHOUJO MANGAS!!!
since i think your taste in shoujo are similar to mines (we both like Girl Got Game + dislike yuu watase's artwork and stories)
I think you'll like these 2
AAAHHH They are so good!!!!!
(note**when i say AAAHHH i meant as in screaming ahhh[excited]0.o)

=D
 

Camena

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 28, 2006
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Gender
Female
Country
United States
lol...well then I'll hafta hope you're right about our tastes and try those out! XD
 

weiss-raine

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 9, 2006
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Sailor Moon, Fruits Basket and Fushigi Yuugi
 

zutto06

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2006
Messages
172
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I haven't read much shoujo titles, currently reading Open Sesame.

But I have watched quite a number of shoujo genre anime. They move my heart and I always cry along with the film, either one character dies or when they are coming through hard times.
 

shemar

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 9, 2006
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
hello, my favorite shoujo manga right now would have to be
1.Fushigi yugi
2.Hot Blooded woman
3.sailormoon
4.Ayashi no ceres
5.Escaflowne
 
Top