Discussion Your Own Hatsu!

Claver

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 4, 2016
Messages
42
Reaction score
13
Country
Germany
Vampire body

Type: Conjuration/Enhanced healing

The users body becomes able to quickly regenerate any damaged part. This includes lost limbs and damaged internal organs. It works by quickly conjuring cells to replace damaged tissue and enhancing the normal healing process. The only way to kill the user is to damage either the heart or the brain, which can't be regenerated.

Condition: The user must actually tell the opponent about his weak points (heart or brain).

While regeneration is not exactly a super creative power, this tries to make fun of the common fantasy trope where the monster tells the hero about his weak point for absolutely no reason. I thought it would be cool to make it so telling the other about your weak point is the requisite for using this ability.
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,586
Gender
Female
Country
China
Uh, why not just pick an enhancing power that deals with regeneration? Why not pick another condition? What does it have to do with vampires?
 

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Type: Transmutation
Name: Psychobubble
Condition: To apply the power, you have to touch the person you want to apply it on.

Effect: I can touch a person and take his or her current state of mind into a bubble. This does not affect the person i take the state of mind from at all.
I can either throw or push the bubble into the body of another human being or absorb it myself.
After that, i or another person will be in the exact same state of mind (which means he will not necessary think the same as the person i extracted
the bubble from (for example think of a loved one), but feel the same intensity of grief, happiness, frear ect).

I can also summon a bubble myself if i am able to bring myself in the desired state of mind (meaning, if i can control my mind and feelings fell enough,
I can recreate a feeling i once felt to use it as bubble).

I can save up to 2 bubbles, one per palm of my hand, no matter whether it is a summoned or taken one. If it leaves my palm for longer than 30
seconds, it vanishes.

The effect lasts thirty minutes per bubble hit, which means, if i manage to have 2 identical bubbles,
i can let it last for one hour. After i conjured a bubble myself i cannot do so for the next 2 hours.
 

Claver

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 4, 2016
Messages
42
Reaction score
13
Country
Germany
Uh, why not just pick an enhancing power that deals with regeneration? Why not pick another condition? What does it have to do with vampires?
I know enhancement can heal but I'm not sure it can actually regenerate lost limbs, hence conjuring.

The condition is just to make fun of the fiction trope where the enemy reveals his weak point for absolutely no reason (happens more often than you think!)

Why Vampire. Dunno. What other creatures can only be killed by destroying the heart? I guess zombies can only be killed by destroying the brain, but zombie body sounds like the body is rotting.
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,586
Gender
Female
Country
China
Hm I get what you're saying, but just revealing your 'weakness' (those spots are weaknesses for everyone lol) doesn't really compensate for conjuring back lost limbs :lmao
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,672
Reaction score
61,370
Gender
Male
Country
France
Vampire body

Type: Conjuration/Enhanced healing

The users body becomes able to quickly regenerate any damaged part. This includes lost limbs and damaged internal organs. It works by quickly conjuring cells to replace damaged tissue and enhancing the normal healing process. The only way to kill the user is to damage either the heart or the brain, which can't be regenerated.

Condition: The user must actually tell the opponent about his weak points (heart or brain).

While regeneration is not exactly a super creative power, this tries to make fun of the common fantasy trope where the monster tells the hero about his weak point for absolutely no reason. I thought it would be cool to make it so telling the other about your weak point is the requisite for using this ability.
As Panda said revealing your weaknesses isn't a good condition. Everyone think about hitting these areas in fights. Also, Enhancement and Conjuration don't work well together, assuming you are an Enhancer, you'd be able to use Conjuration at 40% and vice versa for Conjurers IIRC. Enhancement alone would be more effective and a better fit since they have the best defensive abilities. I don't think another condition is needed if it's only for regeneration. The brain and heart are obvious weak spots.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Type: Transmutation
Name: Psychobubble
Condition: To apply the power, you have to touch the person you want to apply it on.

Effect: I can touch a person and take his or her current state of mind into a bubble. This does not affect the person i take the state of mind from at all.
I can either throw or push the bubble into the body of another human being or absorb it myself.
After that, i or another person will be in the exact same state of mind (which means he will not necessary think the same as the person i extracted
the bubble from (for example think of a loved one), but feel the same intensity of grief, happiness, frear ect).

I can also summon a bubble myself if i am able to bring myself in the desired state of mind (meaning, if i can control my mind and feelings fell enough,
I can recreate a feeling i once felt to use it as bubble).

I can save up to 2 bubbles, one per palm of my hand, no matter whether it is a summoned or taken one. If it leaves my palm for longer than 30
seconds, it vanishes.

The effect lasts thirty minutes per bubble hit, which means, if i manage to have 2 identical bubbles,
i can let it last for one hour. After i conjured a bubble myself i cannot do so for the next 2 hours.
Isn't it more of a Manipulation or Specialization ability?
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,586
Gender
Female
Country
China
I mean if he wants to regenerate limbs (on the fly) he needs a condition or 2
 

Claver

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 4, 2016
Messages
42
Reaction score
13
Country
Germany
I really liked OPs idea of a sword that does no damage but makes the opponent feel more pain. I thought it would feel cool on something like a scythe. Here is my take on it:

Torturing blade

Type Conjuration.

User conjures as scythe with a bottle between the blade and the handle. The blade absorbs blood from damage dealt in combat. Once 10 ml of blood have been collected (this is the condition), the blade goes into torture mode.

In torture mode, the blade becomes immaterial, meaning it can't be blocked and goes through the body normally without damaging the tissue. However, whoever is cut by this blade feels three times the pain it would feel from the injury, and the pain doesn't go away for as long as the scythe user remains within 50 meters of distance.

It would be cool as the hatsu for some kid of sadistic witch who enjoys tortuting her enemies. I even made some concept art: :cheez

 

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
As Panda said revealing your weaknesses isn't a good condition. Everyone think about hitting these areas in fights. Also, Enhancement and Conjuration don't work well together, assuming you are an Enhancer, you'd be able to use Conjuration at 40% and vice versa for Conjurers IIRC. Enhancement alone would be more effective and a better fit since they have the best defensive abilities. I don't think another condition is needed if it's only for regeneration. The brain and heart are obvious weak spots.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---


Isn't it more of a Manipulation or Specialization ability?
Hmm, maybe actually, but i thought i transmute nen into the feelings bubbles. Of course, to conjure the bubbles, i need some conjuration skills too and to throw it i might even need emission.
This is why the bubbles wont hold a long time outside (because a transmuter is not strong at emission) but conjuring 2 at a time is an easy task for me.
When i touch a person, i need to transmute my nen to the same quality as the state of mind of the person i am touching, and then i conjure the bubble, that is how i thought it out to be.

I find the ability really strong, because i could just touch a drug user who is totally on a lsd trip and then conjure a bubble picture his state of mind, which would instantly win me a fight if i can manage to hit someone with the bubble.

I could also calm anyone if i keep a bubble of someone who is happy and emotional arround.
 

uberfayt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2013
Messages
1,277
Reaction score
6,080
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Imperium of Mankind
I actually had an ability in mind ages ago but I never worked out the details, so here we go :

"MOMENT OF TRUTH"
As the name suggests, this is an ability to force my target to answer truthfully and wholeheartedly any question I give them. It may look uninteresting, but it has a bunch of useful applications, even in battle.

Nen category(ies): Manipulation/Emission.

Rules and conditions:

  • I need to know the target's name and make physical contact with them (once is enough).
  • I need to clear the "Testing" part : I ask the target a question that they have to answer, then I prompt them to confirm their statement by saying "really ?" or "are you sure ?". If the target answers positively and holds on their first answer, I get the possibility to activate the power. Now suppose I chose to activate my ability: If the target was delibirately lying or giving an incorrect answer, the ability will successfully activate. If however they were saying the truth, the target will be immune to my power forever.
  • When the power activates, a maximum distance of 20 meters has to be maintained between me and the target.
  • I can activate the ability on numerous individuals at once, as long as they have met the above conditions

How it works: After the conditions are met, a small nen symbol appears on the target's body (specifically on where we made contact), then as soon as I ask them a question, the target won't be able to move or escape before giving the answer. The target cannot lie and cannot hide any information. The effects will last from one minute to half a day, depending on the individual. All in all, "Moment of truth" is basically like administrating a powerful truth serum.
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,586
Gender
Female
Country
China
So they have to be lying and sticking to their lie for you to activate the power? That doesn't sound particularly handy, you could happen to ask them something they actually answer truthfully too. Not to mention, it's a condition they respond 'positively' to your question of affirmation. Hisoka would likely answer with 'who knows' or something, does that count as a 'positive' answer?

Also, how does the individual affect the power?

(It's a fun power, but if we're gonna think up stuff, we might as well try-hard and get the details right)
 

uberfayt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2013
Messages
1,277
Reaction score
6,080
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Imperium of Mankind
"Moment of truth" is mainly used to corner and punish liers. This ability relies greatly on mind games, to actually deduce when a person is lying or hiding information is part of its framework and conditions. Thus it is up to the user to guess if his target is lying or not, and to choose the appropriate questions.

Still, I should've precised that refusing to answer or giving a vague responce to the affirmation question will automatically activate the power (when the target was lying). If however the target answered truthfully the testing question but didn't confirm it, then nothing happens.

The influence of the target on the durability of the power is left ambiguous on purpose. Possible factors could be the target's sense of justice, their reason of lying, amplitude of their lie etc.

I should point out that the real utility during battle resides in the fact that the target cannot move during questionning.
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,586
Gender
Female
Country
China
Yeah I get that the strict ruling is there to balance for the immobilization, it's just barely practical. Not to mention I think you're being overly strict - Welfins Missileman also has to do with truths and lies, but is less restrictive towards the user. Basically, giving your opponent the opportunity to completely negate any future usage of your ability on him is extremely harsh towards yourself given the merits to you
 

uberfayt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2013
Messages
1,277
Reaction score
6,080
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Imperium of Mankind
As opposed to "Missileman", "Moment of truth" is used unbeknownst to the target, and relies greatly on the factors of discretion and mind games. It is actually very practical in situations like spying or secret investigations, or even between friends. If the target knows about the ability or how it works, then of course it becomes extremely hard or even impossible to use it.

Still I agree that the restrictions are way too harsh. Then how about we add another merit : While the target is under the effects of the ability, the memory about the questionning will be wiped out in such a way as not to arise suspission that they were manipulated.
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,586
Gender
Female
Country
China
I think it's better if you change the punishment condition to 'can't be used on for 24 hours if it fails twice'. And instead of directly rooting them, make it so that they will be rooted the next time they lie. You will get confirmation if works or not.

Its true that the skill is very versatile, didn't consider some of those scenario's, and it's true that the power is in the subtly unlike Missileman, but if you have to actually engage in conversation, you should be given some wiggle room. For the sake of subtly, it might be better if you don't root them instantly.

Age of Empiricism // Era of Understanding
Emission // Manipulation

Upon activation of Age of Empiricism, the user of this power is forced into a state of zetsu for 10 minutes. After that, the zetsu is released and the user expands En over a radius of X meters(depending on how much nen the user can muster). Within this enhanced En, the user learns of all of the characteristics of everything the user could understand if explained, and stored as functional and fully processed information (e.g. if it sees something written in a language the user doesn't know, it will register as something with unknown language on it, instead of registering the contents of the text). Since it's about everything that could be observed as objects, if it registers say Hisoka, the power would register his physical characteristics and the amount of nen his body carries, not Bungee Gum or his personality.

Then the En contracts, and Era of Understanding is activated. After a minute of zetsu, all of the users aura is focused a glove of extremely dense ko around the users hands. If the user grabs touches anything that was within the Age of Empiricism range that the user could overpower it with their ko/nen and the user wishes to use it, the object is instantly covered with their Shu. If the user can overpower that object (which is easy for a rock, but less easy if you'd grab Hisoka), that object becomes fully enveloped with the users Ko: the object becomes fully u'mastered', functional and optimally controllable by the user.

The user could grab a ticking grenade, and turn it off with its power. Remotely control a motorcycle. Or if the user successfully overpowers Hisoka, Hisoka would comply with all orders given, and would be fully manipulable by the user momentously. If the user would contact Bungee gum with his hands, the shu would extend all the over the gum to Hisoka, would be in turn become the target for the power. The user can only manipulate one thing per hand. The user cannot manipulate things that weren't in the AoE range. The nen stays with the object until the shu is dispelled, after which the user can take control over something else instantly. Objects cannot made to be do what they already couldn't do. Using both hands to grab one thing doesn't change anything other than being manipulable by both hands. Age of Empiricism cannot be activated while Era of Understanding is.

The whole power is deactivated after 40 minutes, and forced into zetsu for 10 minutes.
 
Last edited:

uberfayt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2013
Messages
1,277
Reaction score
6,080
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Imperium of Mankind
I think "AoE/EoU" is quite handy, especially if the user is in a team. However if the user is alone and is dealing with a bunch of enemies, he has to be very discrete and maybe use In as well, cuz that minute of zetsu after EoU could be pretty much fatal.
Another thing, when you say that the object to be controlled is covered by the user's Kou, wouldn't that leave him auraless (since 100% aura would be on the object and 0% on his body), he would be easily destroyed if caught by another enemy.

Overall, I think this ability is intelligence-gathering oriented, and could be quite useful in places like the dark continent (well maybe not quite since the user needs to overpower those huge monsters ^^).
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,586
Gender
Female
Country
China
Yeah, the user has to use the intelligence they gained to calculate how they want to use the EoU ability. Consider that they can manipulate everything they touch, including (weaker) nen users if caught off guard. Great physical capabilities are required of the user I guess
 

Ceromaster

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 26, 2016
Messages
2
Reaction score
1
Age
33
Country
United States
I'm new here. I've been lurking for quite a while and I decided that I'd jump on in.

Nen: Divine Marker
Emission w/ a little Transmutation


With this nen, the user utilizes an ink brush that's 2 meters long and about 4 inches in diameter. The user covers the brush in Shu and transmutes his aura into an ink substance. The user can transmute his aura into 4 different colors of ink, each with a single effect:

Red Ink of Cancellation: Pure aura cannot pass through or touch this color.
Black Ink of Denial: This color hardens anything it touches.
Orange Ink of Arousal: This color causes stamina and aura to expend at a faster rate.
White Ink of Pacifism: This color is unaffected by physical force.

The user channels the transmuted aura and paints it over objects via emission. Any surface coated in these inks will have their effects applied to them but ONLY the spots covered in the ink strokes, for example, say if one your hands was coated in one of the inks then only that area would be affected by the effects, not the whole body.

Vows/Limitations:
1. Water will nullify the effects of the inks and wash them off.
2. This nen can only be used/channeled through a brush of the exact same size and dimensions.
3. Different color inks cannot be mixed or stacked over each other on the same surface area.

This is my first try at this so let me know if it's to OP, needs more explanations, needs better vows, etc, whatever criticisms you got.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,672
Reaction score
61,370
Gender
Male
Country
France
Welcome. I find it good but why do you need a normal brush? Usually Manipulators are the ones who use real objects, it's inefficient for an Emitter/Transmuter To me it looks more like a Transmutation ability unless you are able to shoot the ink at really long range, but in this case the brush is again inefficient.

The ability somehow reminds me of Pokkle's. Can't you just transmute the different colors? And regarding the Red and White color, they are a bit too powerful with conditions like that, not even conjured items with extreme conditions like Kurapika's chains are unbreakable. Rather than unaffected it would be better if they were more resistant against these kind of attacks but in this case the Black color becomes somewhat useless since you can't mix colors. You could change the third condition to "I can't mix the Red and White color". Like that, the Black one can reinforce any of them.
 

Ceromaster

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 26, 2016
Messages
2
Reaction score
1
Age
33
Country
United States
Welcome. I find it good but why do you need a normal brush? Usually Manipulators are the ones who use real objects, it's inefficient for an Emitter/Transmuter To me it looks more like a Transmutation ability unless you are able to shoot the ink at really long range, but in this case the brush is again inefficient.

The ability somehow reminds me of Pokkle's. Can't you just transmute the different colors? And regarding the Red and White color, they are a bit too powerful with conditions like that, not even conjured items with extreme conditions like Kurapika's chains are unbreakable. Rather than unaffected it would be better if they were more resistant against these kind of attacks but in this case the Black color becomes somewhat useless since you can't mix colors. You could change the third condition to "I can't mix the Red and White color". Like that, the Black one can reinforce any of them.
That's true, I purposefully made it so that there needed to have a brush involved to give it an added limitation, albeit one that could be very hindering to the overall ability. The red and white colors are OP but given that I need a physical object to pull this off, plus the mixing of colors is prohibited, I think it's reasonable. I will agree that maybe I need one more condition, I'm thinking on it though. Also, I wanted this nen to be complex and still follow a theme. If this nen was Conjuration then I feel it would be way too ineffective because applying the paint requires Emission. The ink is supposed to be able to stick to a person or thing until they somehow figure out how to dispel it, (since the ink itself is technically my aura) at least that's how I envision it to work, and since Emission is right next to Manipulation I figured using a medium would still fit. Transmutation would actually fit but I think Emission suits the applications better, plus if I ever wanted to expand on the ability I could tinker with it and have more leeway with Manipulation.

However I do agree that the ability of Black is not very worthwhile since White does something a bit better and nearly the same as Black. Tell me, what do you think Black should be? And what do you think the 4th condition should be? I'm interested in your feedback.
 
Top