Other Your voice thread ^^

weixiaobao

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 4, 2006
Messages
4,323
Reaction score
917
Gender
Male
Country
United States
so this is the thread about describing your voice .. since all of us in this forum are communicate by typing words, we only can imagined what others may sound like..

ok i start first, my voice sound really good in my head, especially in the shower XD ... but when i hear it after someone recorded into video tape i must said i really hated it.. Probably is the most annoying voice to me, thank gosh i don't really have to listen to myself all day.. I usually sound a bit irritated, complaining most of the time.. when i get nervous i usually talk really fast to cover up my bad grammar. and time to time I howl or said "wow" at random things for no particular reason..

As for accent I don't think i have one, because even my native people (the vietnamese sound different than I am).. I spoke two languages (English and Vietnamese) and a failure in both.. XD
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
I speak too fast, too often and too incoherent for anyone to ever understand me but from what i heard i am a great singer.. well f*ck the idol jury! :D (Even tho i know one of them IRL lol)
I speak what we say in sweden "småländska" but as i call it. "proper swedish" (except from göteborska) and when i'm speaking french they say it sounds like i'm from Nice, or the area around it. My english sounds kind of brittish, london type. I would love to know cockney (sp?) but i doubt i'll ever learn it =(
 

weixiaobao

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 4, 2006
Messages
4,323
Reaction score
917
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Blai- is the ava, you?
maybe you should upload your singing to youtube.. ^^
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Yea it's me on the ava and i have a youtube account (adamclason).
Adressed as a musician but haven't added any videos.

Can do, i'll upload some today or tomorrow :]
 
  • Like
Reactions: nat

weixiaobao

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 4, 2006
Messages
4,323
Reaction score
917
Gender
Male
Country
United States
looking forward to it... too lazy to search.. post a link when you finished upload kkk :D
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Can do!

edit: Doing a duet instead with a friend of mine, as in me playing the guitar and she's singing, I'll only be backup vocal but i think you'll hear me anyway. :)

Uploading it this weekend when we're off to videotape it :)
 
Last edited:

emer

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2007
Messages
318
Reaction score
175
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
(...)
I speak what we say in sweden "småländska" but as i call it. "proper swedish" (except from göteborska)
(...)
Proper Swedish?! "Uppländska" dear you, is the proper style ; P

Whoa...My voice? Low, but really detailed...good for speech (my teacher says, so I trust him). Depending on situation from to fast to slidderish...

Reallly hard to describe something that seems natural to oneself ^^b
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Okay so this weekend didnt work out as proper. (we got drunk and did something else instead and it was bbq last night so i'll do it asap (a) :D
 

Totinona

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2008
Messages
886
Reaction score
8,968
Country
Fun Forum
My voice is probably fairly dark. And my dialect (in norwegian) doesn't make it any better. xD
As for English I have an American accent. With some British-ish words here and there.
Try to not sound Norwegian when speaking English.:o

Me singing = Tone deaf.
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Norweigan is such a messy language. :P Exactly as in sweden but you add e instead of a in the end of the words... :P
 

Totinona

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2008
Messages
886
Reaction score
8,968
Country
Fun Forum
Hehe,I wonder which language is the messy one. ;>
If I were to write in my dialect, you probably wouldn't understand. :o Like "Jeg = Æ,Ikke = Itj".

To be on-topic a bit;Who likes listening to their own voice? Not me.:tem
When it comes to singing,I'm so tone deaf it isn't even funny.
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Hehe well i hate to listen to my own voice but that's natural i think.

And hmm everyone CAN sing if they just practice but hey it might not be that fun 'cus if you think of it, learning how to sing is like learning how to play icehockey.. and

IT.
IS.
A.
PAIN! (but totally worth it!)
 

EvilGenious

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2008
Messages
480
Reaction score
20
Age
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
mmm, my voice...well, my current roommie thinks it's annoying. i tend to slur words a lot, as well as mutter and talk low at times. all in all, i try not to talk unless i have too.

oh yeah, my roommate's mom thought i was from texas, my accent is that bad...im actually from the the mid atlantic.
 

MissYuki

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
26
Reaction score
2
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Well, most of the people I know say that my voice is pretty...mellows.
But because of me being a twin I have someone that has an almost identical sound as me, although everyone say that I speak in a clearer way.
 

Do Kesubei

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2007
Messages
135
Reaction score
28
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well, most of the people I know say that my voice is pretty...mellows.
But because of me being a twin I have someone that has an almost identical sound as me, although everyone say that I speak in a clearer way.

A twin, you say? How identical are your voices? The twins I've come across always have the same voice tone, but speak very differently. Usually, it's the only way I could tell them apart.

I'm often told to repeat my last statement, or to slow down. Growing up with a stutter, I believed that I could 'outrun' it by talking faster. I've been making efforts to slow my speech - now I feel like I'm speaking with children in every conversation I have.

My voice is deeper than I think, if the recordings I heard where any indication, but it's hard to believe; to my ear, my speaking voice is higher than I would like.

Articulation and pronunciation has never been an issue for me, even as a child.
 

Yuki_Judai

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2008
Messages
216
Reaction score
2
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
my voice is too different than other girls. Because sometimes i speak with boy's voice and sometimes i speak girl's voice when i shout. Yeah, for speaking, i seldom speak anymore. For Bahasa, i always speak informal. Sometimes i speak Japanese and English at my school. ^^
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
my voice is too different than other girls. Because sometimes i speak with boy's voice and sometimes i speak girl's voice when i shout.
So, do you mean that you talk like a boy and shout like a girl?
That sounds awesome :wtf
 

zahir2035

Intl Translator
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 20, 2009
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Me? I have a voice like the OP said, sounds great inside my head. I don't dare to sing in the shower so as I don't fall in love with me :p .
But outside of it, it sounds in a middle register and with an irritating (to me) lack of force in the sibling consonants.
My native language is Spanish and when I talk in English my voice sounds with an italian accent. In fact, the people of my country that lives in my city (Buenos Aires) is said to be the only people in the world that talks native Spanish with an Italian accent :D
I'm also given to talking in bursts so I'm often asked to repeat what I said.
Fortunately when I read or give a lecture I can successfully control the "burst rate" so as everyone can understand me well.
 

Yuki_Judai

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2008
Messages
216
Reaction score
2
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
So, do you mean that you talk like a boy and shout like a girl?
That sounds awesome :wtf
Yes, like that. ^^

It sound nice for me.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
my voice is deeper than I actually hear it, I still think of myself as being quite young, even tough I'm 20 :p
 
Top