ZayCon - Manga lover from Norway

ZayCon

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2010
Messages
227
Reaction score
60
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Norway
Hello everyone!

I've been on this site for a while, but it's never to late to introduce myself? :)

I'm a dude from Norway that loves manga. I've been reading it for over 5 years now, or 1523 days if you want. I started reading manga because people said that it was much better than anime, which imo was proven to be absolutely true.

I found mangahelpers.com when I was searching around for a new forum to discuss manga on. I was one of three people that started a Norwegian forum called "Anime-Norge", which went really good for a while. It was great to see that so many in Norway actually watch anime and read manga.

I mainly read shounen manga, but lately I've started with some seinen series. Favorites are One Piece (as a pretty clear number one), Hunter x Hunter, Toriko, Bakuman, Prince of Tennis, Death Note, Fullmetal Alchemist, Billy Bat, Love Hina, Hajime No Ippo, Berserk, Naruto, Deadman Wonderland, Vinland Saga and Shingeki no Kyojin. To see more, visit my MAL page: http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/ZayCon&show=0&order=4 .

Right now I don't have a job, but I'm gonna move soon, and then I'm gonna try getting a job at "outland". A store that sells manga, anime, games etc. Gonna start studying in august, and then I'll be studying marketing. Right now my big dream is to make manga really popular in my country. That would be awesome.

Thanks for reading.
ZayCon
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
hi and welcome. How are you liking Naruto so far? Do you miss Part I? Which era of OP do you like the best, the earlier one or the latest?
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Hello there, Zaycon! You're correct; as you said, it's never too late to introduce yourself. XD So welcome to MH! I hope you have a great stay here. :)

Whee, such a story. It's great to know another otaku fans, eh? Even more here, when you meet otaku from various places around the world. I feel so happy, haha~ XD I agree that mostly manga is better than anime, but I believe there are exceptions. Do you still watch anime now, or not at all? And what anime do you think is the least disappointing one, compared to its manga? :)
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,759
Reaction score
26,079
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hey ZayCon~~ Yup, its never too late for an Intro and wow thats a huge list of reads / plans to read.

Have you thought of giving manhwa a chance?

Try Noblesse, ID fusion fantasy, The Breaker, Yureka or zippy ziggy.
 

ZayCon

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2010
Messages
227
Reaction score
60
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Norway
M3J:
I think part 1 of Naruto is way better than part 2. The plot was way more interesting, and I liked the art better. This opinion goes both for the manga and the anime. I stopped watching Naruto Shippuuden after 30 episodes or something.

When it comes to OP I pretty much love everything. I think the manga has evolved for every arc, and just gotten better and better. With a few exceptions of course. I actually don't really find the current arc (Fishmand Island arc) interesting and good.

phio_chan:
Right now I'm only watching the One Piece anime. Planning to watch Toriko though, and maybe the new Hajime No Ippo and Fullmetal Alchemist anime.

The least disappointing one, compared to its manga, has to be either One Piece, Death Note or Hajime No Ippo.

Charlie:
I actually haven't though of giving manhwa a chance. Don't know why though, cause I bet it's some great stuff? I almost starting reading Bowling King once though, without knowing it was manhwa. I'll take a look at some of those titles one day.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Shweet.

Who's your ultimate favorite character?
 

ZayCon

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2010
Messages
227
Reaction score
60
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Norway
My ultimate favorite character are Monkey D. Luffy from One Piece. He is just awesome in everyway. I also love Usopp. He's so funny and amazing, even though he is scared of pretty much everything.

Other characters that I like a lot are Gon from Hunter x Hunter, Shinobu Morita from Honey and Clover and Konata Izumi from Lucky Star :)

EDIT: What about you M3J? :)
 
Last edited:
Top