Quarterfinal - Dimaria Yesta vs Laxus Dreyar | Page 8 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Quarterfinal Dimaria Yesta vs Laxus Dreyar

Which Fighter Advances?

• Dimaria Yesta

Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Laxus Dreyar

Votes: 61 79.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Char

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Kagura=Minerva, Base Dimaria >>>>>>>>> Kagura seeing as she easily pushed her back in their skirmish while she was casual. Plus DF Wendy >>>>>>> Kagura and Dimaria already can beat both Sky sisters w/o it.
Base Dimaria >>>>>>>>> Kagura?? But of course, if you're not restricting age seal. Are you restricting age seal? because then, Kagura = Base Dimaria (as far as feats go).

Chapter 467, page 7. Kagura blocks a sword slash by Dimaria. Both step back from the clash. Undaunted, impassive face by Kagura. Next page, she actually notices her overwhelming magic power and she kind of freezes.

As far as feats go, Kagura = Base Dimaria (w/o age seal).

Jko

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Base Dimaria >>>>>>>>> Kagura?? But of course, if you're not restricting age seal. Are you restricting age seal? because then, Kagura = Base Dimaria (as far as feats go).

Chapter 467, page 7. Kagura blocks a sword slash by Dimaria. Both step back from the clash. Undaunted, impassive face by Kagura. Next page, she actually notices her overwhelming magic power and she kind of freezes.

As far as feats go, Kagura = Base Dimaria (w/o age seal).
Dimaria pushed Kagura back while being casual. Then she cowered in fear and zoned out bcs she was overwhelmed. The girl was going to be killed by Neinhart's fodder spell there's no way she's even remotely keeping up with base Dimaria.

Indira

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Macedonia
Well, but you are comparing pre and post second origin grey there... i wouldn't attribute the difference to devil slayer magic.
I just don't see second origin making that big of a leap which equals about three months of training.

Geralt of Rivia

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I really doubt Dimaria can replicate all the damage Laxus took in his life with just one spell. Just because Age Scratch worked that well on Wendy doesn't mean it'll be as effective on Laxus. Like any other spell in the series, Age Scratch has it's limits. Freed (a nasty Hax user himself) said "Nothing is perfect in this world" when Evergreen mentioned his Jutsu Shiki is "Perfect".

Can Dimaria hurt Acno with Age Scratch as well? The same Acno who laughed off anything Irene (who's much stronger than Dimaria) threw at him in his Base form? She probably can't even replicate the damage a half-dead Igneel's roar did to him, let alone all the damage he took in his life lol.

Laxus is no Acno, but claiming Dimaria can replicate all the damage Laxus took in his life (including multiple serious spells from Assault Wahl) with just one casual spell, even if it's just mental damage, is speculation at best and a bit ridiculous if you ask me. That's like claiming Seilah can control Gildarts because she could control Elfman or that Makarov's Fairy Law will one-shot Mard because it one-shotted Jose. :headscratch

Dimaria's feats with Age Scratch are not all that impressive, anyway. Wendy took 2 of those and could still fight. Even if Dimaria does manage to get Laxus with it (there's no guarantee she would), a single Age Scratch, at best, should do as much damage to Laxus as one of Assault Wahl's spells would. Nothing a healthy Laxus can't take.

Her Lasers should be easily dodgeable for a healthy Laxus. The guy blitzed Assault Wahl after zigzaging through his bullets, while being injured (from attacks Wahl managed to land as easily as he did due to the MBP messing Laxus up) and hindered by MBP putting a constant strain on his body and limiting both his physical and magical abilities. Not to mention he dodged the first few without Lightning Body.
TO Chelia outsped and deflected one of her lasers without using her God Slayer Magic. She reacted and defended against her "Full power attack" from point blank range. Laxus should be able to do the same, if not better.

The way I see it, Laxus is at a level above the Spriggans and below Irene and August. One casual nuke from him was portrayed to potentially one-shot (or at least severely injure) Azir and with one of his strongest attacks, Red Lightning, he went right through Assault Wahl. Replace Laxus with God Soul Dimaria in all the fights he took part in this arc, nerf her with MBP, put her up against Wahl and give him immunity to her Magic for a few minutes. Do you see her performing as good as Laxus did? Do you see Dimaria casually severely damaging/KO'ing Azir with one spell? A fellow Spriggan? I don't.

Laxus is out of her league. A Low-Mid diff win for him imo. Possibly even easier than that. He should be able to tank/dodge anything she throws at him. Assuming she manages to get her spells off before getting blitzed/nuked.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I just don't see second origin making that big of a leap which equals about three months of training.
Except we specifically saw how big a boost second origin was. If anything the point was made that second origin was much better than a few months worth of training. The gap that was overcome with second origin was by no means "3 months", it was seven years. Lucy became able to use multiple spirits at once thanks to it. For natsu it was the difference between fighting evenly with max and straight up kicking his ass. It was the difference between natsu being able to use lightning flame for a single attack and being able to use it as a normal thing he could access at will. For erza it was enough of a boost to outclass minerva. Devil slayer magic never seemed to do that for grey.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Exactly!!! Gray was noob Devil Slayer and he was able do major damage on Mard and made him go serious but with Sherria v Dimaria, Dimaria didn't even know God Slayer abilities exsisted so she was still not serious until she found out about it and she was going to win a max potential prodigy God Slayer if Sherria didn't have Wendy as support. Dimaria has one of the highest durability shown amongst the series and S12. I've yet to see an opponent get punch in the face by Dragon Slayer in DF and not even flinch. Even Laxus would flinch if Wendy straight punched him in the face at full force while in DF.
DiMaria thought it was a bluff - she probably knew God Slayer magic existed. She didn't really have any reason to fear 2 girls who were way out of her league. But she still used Chronos, which implies she wasn't being casual with the sky sisters.

I think the big difference between the Mard/Chronos situations is that EF Mard had much better movement compared to Gray, while Sherria could basically match DiMaria.

DiMaria's durability has been tested by TO-Sherria and DF Wendy. Other than Neinhart and Bradman, I think you can make cases for the other Spriggan to be around DiMaria's level for this category ie God Serena/Wahl/Ajeel/DiMaria/Jacob have roughly the same durability. They have all taken attacks of similar power with no/little damage.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
The gap that was overcome with second origin was by no means "3 months"
It's 3 months training I think. Gajeel was still comparable to Natsu at the GMG, albeit slightly below him as he had been all series up to that point. Natsu had SO while Gajeel had 3 months training. The GMG participants all rose by roughly the same amount, regardless of SO/training.

It can be 7 years of normal wizard life I guess.

Jean Grey

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
ATTACK POWER - Laxus >>> Dimaria - no need to explain this
VERSATILITY - Laxus >> Dimaria - Laxus has Fairy Law, Lightning magic, DS magic and Red Lightning while DImaria only has God Soul
DURABILITY - DImaria > Laxus - I don't think that Laxus can take hits from DF Wendy without flinching unless he is in rage mode like against Natsu
SPEED - Laxus >> Dimaria - his speed showings against Tempesta puts him above Dimaria
MAGIC POWER - Dimaria >= Laxus - considering how much of a monster Laxus is he is not far from Dimaria, maybe even equal
INTELLIGENCE - Laxus = Dimaria - neither of them are stupid but they are far from being genius

Laxus wins low - mid difficulty.

Char

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Dimaria pushed Kagura back while being casual. Then she cowered in fear and zoned out bcs she was overwhelmed. The girl was going to be killed by Neinhart's fodder spell there's no way she's even remotely keeping up with base Dimaria.
Both were pushed back by the clash. Even if I'm missinterpreting the panel, which I think I'm not; Dimaria might've been casual but Kagura was surprised. Does that put Base Dimaria so above Kagura? IMHO, no.

She cowered in fear at sensing her MP and kind of 'sensing' her magical ability (she could kind of 'glimpse' her age seal magic). She didn't cower in fear at her sword skills. Do you really think base dimaria, without age seal, would beat Kagura so easily? I think Kagura would put an extreme difficulty fight. I mean, after all, Kagura >> TO Chelia.

I mean, base Dimaria without age seal is not so impressive. Both Wendy and Chelia were capable of kicking her a couple of times casually and pushing her back. What makes you think Kagura couldn't?

Your "neinhart fodder spell" is not so fodder if you consider he didn't show anything else. Could've perfectly been his strongest attack. And Kagura was emotionally unstable. According to the rules, we should use characters who are in perfect mental conditions and Kagura was disrupted at that moment. You don't know if she would've been killed either.

So yeah, Kagura can pretty much keep up with Base Dimaria.

Three months of training = 1/4 year = amazing progress. In Fairy Tail, every month makes the characters grow stronger, 3 months is an incredible amount of time for them to grow and possibly next year they'll be bursting worlds (just kidding xD)

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
Wendy oneshotted a 9D tier opponent with low level spell while injure so she's on pre-ts Laxus tier while injured which is already top 5 WS lvl. She didn't even fight Bluenote in DF which is where her true strength lies.

Actually that's wrong as Sherria was 13-14 only when she learned her god slaying abilities while Orga at that age is unknown he probably was only as good as BoS characters.

And plz stop with if Wendy can do it Laxus can too mentality. What's next, Natsu can withstand all his accumulative damage he's has taken (which now includes August's blast) bcs Wendy did it?

Why not? He hasn't any feats to warrant he wouldn't get pushed back and damaged from her.

Mashima has never stated Orga was above the twins or Minerva. Orga and Rufus even acknowledges that Minerva's above them.

Kagura=Minerva, Base Dimaria >>>>>>>>> Kagura seeing as she easily pushed her back in their skirmish while she was casual. Plus DF Wendy >>>>>>> Kagura and Dimaria already can beat both Sky sisters w/o it.

Well that's in your head but feats puts her way above the fodder gods.

You're kidding right? Dorma Anima attacks are fodder even the Seven Kins fodder lieutenants were had stronger attack then that thing. They actually knocked out Gajeel lol. Dorma Anima is fodder the only downplay.

No you're trying yo give Laxus feats he doesn't have. He cannot take all of his damage and all his past damage at once. He has shown his threshold which is why KOed in bed again.

When damage that CAUSES ZERO DANG INJURIES then that damage is based off of the pain itself. Get punch in your face, what is the worst part after it? Oh it's the aching pain you get from the force of that punch. Damage and pain are pretty much the same thing.

You're fudging impossible at this point. Are you really trying you ignore the dang facts that are shown in your face or what? She was forcing her out of her Takeover with her God Slaying abilities. Read the panels bcs you would know, Sherria herself and the others literally state she using God Slaying abilities.

Again you come with a shirt reply. Dorma's attacks aren't 'fodder' the cast at the time were CLEARLY GEETING INJURED BY THE ATTACKS. They weren't fodder at the time.

Wendy Whis been fucked up just as much as Laxus took the the blow and Laxus had wayy higher pain tolerance.

LAXUS' INJURIES CAUSED HIM DAMAGE HENCE WHY HES BRUISED UP. You're baselessly saying it caused him no damage when It clearly did, he was punched through multiple buildings and SHOT WITH DAMN MISSILES. And don't try and answer my question if a question, if someone busts your head open with a hammer you aren't in hospital DUE TO THE PAIN you are there due to the damage in your skull. PAIN AND DAMAGE AREN'T THE SAME THING. Like I think you're the only person who actually thinks that.

Her magic wasn't forcing her out nor does that panels stated she was using the magic AT THAT TIME. Chelia simply states she DOES have God killing magic.

Orgastthemage

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I really doubt Dimaria can replicate all the damage Laxus took in his life with just one spell. Just because Age Scratch worked that well on Wendy doesn't mean it'll be as effective on Laxus. Like any other spell in the series, Age Scratch has it's limits. Freed (a nasty Hax user himself) said "Nothing is perfect in this world" when Evergreen mentioned his Jutsu Shiki is "Perfect".

Can Dimaria hurt Acno with Age Scratch as well? The same Acno who laughed off anything Irene (who's much stronger than Dimaria) threw at him in his Base form? She probably can't even replicate the damage a half-dead Igneel's roar did to him, let alone all the damage he took in his life lol.

Laxus is no Acno, but claiming Dimaria can replicate all the damage Laxus took in his life (including multiple serious spells from Assault Wahl) with just one casual spell, even if it's just mental damage, is speculation at best and a bit ridiculous if you ask me. That's like claiming Seilah can control Gildarts because she could control Elfman or that Makarov's Fairy Law will one-shot Mard because it one-shotted Jose. :headscratch

Dimaria's feats with Age Scratch are not all that impressive, anyway. Wendy took 2 of those and could still fight. Even if Dimaria does manage to get Laxus with it (there's no guarantee she would), a single Age Scratch, at best, should do as much damage to Laxus as one of Assault Wahl's spells would. Nothing a healthy Laxus can't take.

Her Lasers should be easily dodgeable for a healthy Laxus. The guy blitzed Assault Wahl after zigzaging through his bullets, while being injured (from attacks Wahl managed to land as easily as he did due to the MBP messing Laxus up) and hindered by MBP putting a constant strain on his body and limiting both his physical and magical abilities. Not to mention he dodged the first few without Lightning Body.
TO Chelia outsped and deflected one of her lasers without using her God Slayer Magic. She reacted and defended against her "Full power attack" from point blank range. Laxus should be able to do the same, if not better.

The way I see it, Laxus is at a level above the Spriggans and below Irene and August. One casual nuke from him was portrayed to potentially one-shot (or at least severely injure) Azir and with one of his strongest attacks, Red Lightning, he went right through Assault Wahl. Replace Laxus with God Soul Dimaria in all the fights he took part in this arc, nerf her with MBP, put her up against Wahl and give him immunity to her Magic for a few minutes. Do you see her performing as good as Laxus did? Do you see Dimaria casually severely damaging/KO'ing Azir with one spell? A fellow Spriggan? I don't.

Laxus is out of her league. A Low-Mid diff win for him imo. Possibly even easier than that. He should be able to tank/dodge anything she throws at him. Assuming she manages to get her spells off before getting blitzed/nuked.

No because Laxus is a main character. Dimaria wins. Being able to take over the god of time alone is more than enough to defeat a non-god slayer.
Plus yes, Dimaria is faster than Laxus and, being the god of time, certainly has ways to deal with Laxus.

Laxus greatest strength is his popularity among fans. He is IMMENSELY strong. Yet he should not have even been able to take out Wahl. Mashima just made Wahl stupid in their fight. Dimaria wont make a similar mistake.

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
No because Laxus is a main character. Dimaria wins. Being able to take over the god of time alone is more than enough to defeat a non-god slayer.
Plus yes, Dimaria is faster than Laxus and, being the god of time, certainly has ways to deal with Laxus.

Laxus greatest strength is his popularity among fans. He is IMMENSELY strong. Yet he should not have even been able to take out Wahl. Mashima just made Wahl stupid in their fight. Dimaria wont make a similar mistake.
How does being the 'God of Time' make her faster? And are we really saying Laxus only win because he's popular now......

Orgastthemage

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
How does being the 'God of Time' make her faster? And are we really saying Laxus only win because he's popular now......

She is the god of TIME. TIME. TIME. TIME.TIME. Time alone is what pivotes and measures one's speed. as the g. of time, Dimaria certainly has spells to manipulate time in quite the variety.

Laxus always wins because he is a mc. That is how shonen works. i mean come on. If Wahl would not have fired electricity at him he would have been defeated.

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Wait;someone just said Orga is the strongest Sabertooth mage?Dafuq,I'm pretty sure Rufus takes the cake here...
Also the fact that Dimaria could clash with Kagura with Archenemy Unsheathed pretty much puts her above Kagura's level since Kagura unsheathed is her at her best level...

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
She is the god of TIME. TIME. TIME. TIME.TIME. Time alone is what pivotes and measures one's speed. as the g. of time, Dimaria certainly has spells to manipulate time in quite the variety.

Laxus always wins because he is a mc. That is how shonen works. i mean come on. If Wahl would not have fired electricity at him he would have been defeated.
Controlling TIME doesn't make you fast and her ONE WAY of controlling time is restricted. She had one spell, that's it.

The electricity helped but I doubt he would of lost without it. If we're going to use the 'he's an mc' excuse you might as well say the whole cast are the weakest in the verse and they only win because of that. It's not even like the fight was Erza level BS.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands

^^^^^Exactly this. You and me understand each other.

All of the Spriggans lost because one reason: they didn't do what they SHOULD'VE done.

Wahl could oneshot Laxus with his Anti Material Cannon, Jacob could oneshot Natsu with Transport, Dimaria could oneshot Chelia with Age Seal, Bradman could oneshot Gajeel with Macro and so on. No Ishgar mage can defeat the Spriggan Twelve once there isn't PiS or CiS included. This is more like a fact.

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
Wait;someone just said Orga is the strongest Sabertooth mage?Dafuq,I'm pretty sure Rufus takes the cake here...
Also the fact that Dimaria could clash with Kagura with Archenemy Unsheathed pretty much puts her above Kagura's level since Kagura unsheathed is her at her best level...
Clashed once, she tried to get the jump on Kagura and failed, but it's not like being Kagura level is overly impressive anymore.

Orgastthemage

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Controlling TIME doesn't make you fast and her ONE WAY of controlling time is restricted. She had one spell, that's it.

The electricity helped but I doubt he would of lost without it. If we're going to use the 'he's an mc' excuse you might as well say the whole cast are the weakest in the verse and they only win because of that. It's not even like the fight was Erza level BS.

Laxus fight was still a mockery on what wahl was capable of. Laxus would have lost, we understand this. However, he was rejuvinated by Wahl's immense electricity beam.

Time is speed. Time is the measure of speed. Dimaria's control of time, as chronos, Gives her access to all time magic. It is a g. soul takeover.

Laxus is VERY strong, not just as an mc, although Fairy Tail fights are starting to get boring as they follow a similar pattern. However there are types of opponents that strong mages would be defeated by simply because of skill sets. Dimaria is a bad match-up for anyone. laxus would easily take her out if she would have been a requip user of the same caliber. However, she is not. She is the g. of time. She takes this for me.

THE ALMIGHTY CRYBABY

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Austria
She can stop time ( age seal which here isn't allowed) and use agescratch, a laser beam and her god-soul takeover. TO Sherria who is definetely slower than Laxus was able to keep up with Dimaria's movement very well. Besides Dimaria showed only to have fast spells like her laser beam but she barely moved in her fight at all and when she did her move- speed was decent!!!!
Laxus>TO Sherria=Dimaria ; Speed

Vici

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
What type reasoning is that ? So if someone will clash in equal terms how does it mean that one person is better than other ? Also Kagura sword was draw
Ok Equal terms ... http://mangafox.me/manga/fairy_tail/vTBD/c467/8.html
Dimaria was taking Kagura back as we can see because kagura is turning around the fact that Kagura block her sneak attack on her back and Dimaria didn't break her unprepared guard give more credits to Kagura than Dimaria..

Maybe has maybe not but we judge on the skills they show not " she should have other time skills" and her only time related ability is is banned here so in that setup Laxus is faster.
Show me any proof that she may have for example something similar to racer ability not just she should have got..

Orgastthemage

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
She can stop time ( age seal which here isn't allowed) and use agescratch, a laser beam and her god-soul takeover. TO Sherria who is definetely slower than Laxus was able to keep up with Dimaria's movement very well. Besides Dimaria showed only to have fast spells like her laser beam but she barely moved in her fight at all and when she did her move- speed was decent!!!!
Laxus>TO Sherria=Dimaria ; Speed

Well TO chelia is stronger than Laxus in my eyes. Why? Chelia at such a young age is incredibly gifted. With magic that rare, g. slayer magic, and her potential increased to its extents. She has a good chance of being stronger than Laxus considering how she handled her bout.

Status
Not open for further replies.