Quarterfinal - Dimaria Yesta vs Laxus Dreyar | Page 9 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Quarterfinal Dimaria Yesta vs Laxus Dreyar

Which Fighter Advances?

• Dimaria Yesta

Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Laxus Dreyar

Votes: 61 79.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crimson Ice

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
Laxus fight was still a mockery on what wahl was capable of. Laxus would have lost, we understand this. However, he was rejuvinated by Wahl's immense electricity beam.

Time is speed. Time is the measure of speed. Dimaria's control of time, as chronos, Gives her access to all time magic. It is a g. soul takeover.

Laxus is VERY strong, not just as an mc, although Fairy Tail fights are starting to get boring as they follow a similar pattern. However there are types of opponents that strong mages would be defeated by simply because of skill sets. Dimaria is a bad match-up for anyone. laxus would easily take her out if she would have been a requip user of the same caliber. However, she is not. She is the g. of time.
You say a mockery like we knew what Wahl was FULLY capable of.

Her takeover doesn't give her a eases to every type of time magic stop making things up. If Dimaria did have access to that she would of used it while Chelia was beating her ass.

Skill sets? Wahl was the worst possible matchup for Laxus. Dimaria would be a bitch for anyone to fight simply because of time stop, something she doesn't have here, outside of time stop she's pretty mediocre for a Spriggan, hence why she loses badly here.

Orgastthemage

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
What type reasoning is that ? So if someone will clash in equal terms how does it mean that one person is better than other ? Also Kagura sword was draw
Ok Equal terms ... http://mangafox.me/manga/fairy_tail/vTBD/c467/8.html
Dimaria was taking Kagura back as we can see because kagura is turning around the fact that Kagura block her sneak attack on her back and Dimaria didn't break her unprepared guard give more credits to Kagura than Dimaria..

Maybe has maybe not but we judge on the skills they show not " she should have other time skills" and her only time related ability is is banned here so in that setup Laxus is faster.
Show me any proof that she may have for example something similar to racer ability not just she should have got..
She is the actual g. of time in the FT universe. The g. of time should be able to manipulate her field, time, to whatever extent, way, she wants to.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
You say a mockery like we knew what Wahl was FULLY capable of.

Her takeover doesn't give her a eases to every type of time magic stop making things up. If Dimaria did have access to that she would of used it while Chelia was beating her ass.

Skill sets? Wahl was the worst possible matchup for Laxus. Dimaria would be a bitch for anyone to fight simply because of time stop, something she doesn't have here, outside of time stop she's pretty mediocre for a Spriggan, hence why she loses badly here.

My point here is thaat she has access to all time based abilities, cause well... She is the actual g. of time in FT's universe(chronos). So all time based abilities are a given.
Dimaria as a time spinster is unconventional for Laxus who usually slugs his way to victory due to Time magic not being centerd around physical brawling.

Dimaria not using her magic against Chelia and Laxus demolished Wahl by turning the tables so easily on him is plainly because Mashima wants both Laxus and Chelia to win. Why? Because they are his approach to goodness(ISHGAR).

THE ALMIGHTY CRYBABY

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Austria
Well TO chelia is stronger than Laxus in my eyes. Why? Chelia at such a young age is incredibly gifted. With magic that rare, g. slayer magic, and her potential increased to its extents. She has a good chance of being stronger than Laxus considering how she handled her bout.
To me, TO Sherria was on current Erza's level ( maybe a bit stronger or a bit weaker). The reason TO Sherria performed so well against Dimaria was because of her god-slayer magic. She still needed a bit support of Wendy! If your claim ( TO Sherria>Laxus) is true than TO Sherria would have pulverized Dimaria and wouldn't need any help of Wendy, imo !!!
Tartaros Gray was also able to deal horrific damage to Mard Geer with his finisher move although he was so much weaker. The same thing happened in GMG-arc. The dragon slayers were all fodders compared to the "average" dragons like Atlas or Motherglare and still they could hurt them because of their magic. Even Natsu did more damage to Motherglare than Atlas back then !!!

Vici

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
She is the actual g. of time in the FT universe. The g. of time should be able to manipulate her field, time, to whatever extent, way, she wants to.
I agree with you she should have other time related abilities ( slowing time etc.) but she only shows two time related techniques ( Age scratch and Age seal ) and we can only take that in account not " What if.." which is a waste cause i love time related abilities :zomg

For me Dimaria have only abilities and feats she show so for me she doesn't have other time related magic in this battle ( but i say once more i agree with you that she can have others but when they wasn't show they don't exist for me :neutral )

Ok i leaving this thread power level discussions are not for me :P :zomg

Orgastthemage

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
To me, TO Sherria was on current Erza's level ( maybe a bit stronger or a bit weaker). The reason TO Sherria performed so well against Dimaria was because of her god-slayer magic. She still needed a bit support of Wendy! If your claim ( TO Sherria>Laxus) is true than TO Sherria would have pulverized Dimaria and wouldn't need any help of Wendy, imo !!!
Tartaros Gray was also able to deal horrific damage to Mard Geer with his finisher move although he was so much weaker. The same thing happened in GMG-arc. The dragon slayers were all fodders compared to the "average" dragons like Atlas or Motherglare and still they could hurt them because of their magic. Even Natsu did more damage to Motherglare than Atlas back then !!!

You make a great point. yet we can not forget that Chelia has incredible potential, but was still quite inexperienced. I think she surmounted Dimaria with not too much effort.
I agree with you she should have other time related abilities ( slowing time etc.) but she only shows two time related techniques ( Age scratch and Age seal ) and we can only take that in account not " What if.." which is a waste cause i love time related abilities :zomg

For me Dimaria have only abilities and feats she show so for me she doesn't have other time related magic in this battle ( but i say once more i agree with you that she can have others but when they wasn't show they don't exist for me :neutral )

Ok i leaving this thread power level discussions are not for me :P :zomg

You are just too sweet to argue with about any power level discussion because you see both sides of the argument. thanks then.

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France

My point here is thaat she has access to all time based abilities, cause well... She is the actual g. of time in FT's universe(chronos). So all time based abilities are a given.
Dimaria as a time spinster is unconventional for Laxus who usually slugs his way to victory due to Time magic not being centerd around physical brawling.

Dimaria not using her magic against Chelia and Laxus demolished Wahl by turning the tables so easily on him is plainly because Mashima wants both Laxus and Chelia to win. Why? Because they are his approach to goodness(ISHGAR).
I kinda agree with you to be honnest, but as much as i understand and agree with your logic, that shouldn't be relevant here.

Chronos being the God of Time should theorically give her every possible ability to control time, i agree with it. But we've seen only one spell from her: Age Seal, and this is restricted here.
I agree we can assume she can do more than just Age Seal, but we didn't see that. This is a very highly believable assumption to make, but only an assumption.
In that fight, without Age Seal, Chronos showed lazers and Age Scratch, and that's it.

I also agree with @BluePegasus: the Spriggans should have won their battles if they had fought correctly. Jacob beating Natsu, Dimaria beating the sky sisters. Only extreme luck/asspulls from the FT sides made those Spriggans lose.
I disagree about Wahl though. I mean yeah i agree he shoulda won against Laxus, but this loss wasn't unfair since the fight wasn't fair to begin with (Laxus being messed up badly from MBP). If Laxus had been healthy from the start, he would have won convincingly i think.
So as much as Wahl shoulda won in the manga against a very diminished Laxus, in this tournament Laxus is supposed to be considered healthy. SO the ppoint "Laxus should have lost against his Spriggan" isn't relevant, in my eyes.

EDIT: i agree with @Vici in everything =)

Jean Grey

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
lol people are bringing "because he is the main character". by that logic no one should win here. the fact that Wahl resorted to Assault Mode and targeting only Laxus proves that he was going all out. heck, he even said that he might lose if he didn't use his Assault Mode even with his immunity to electricity and Laxus wasn't rejuvenated nor does that matter because he was sick.

he didn't use Anti Material Magic Cannon? Laxus didn't use Fairy Law, Lightning Dragon Roar, Secret Art, Lightning Nukes. does that mean he was not serious?

Last edited:

Char

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Wait;someone just said Orga is the strongest Sabertooth mage?Dafuq,I'm pretty sure Rufus takes the cake here...
Also the fact that Dimaria could clash with Kagura with Archenemy Unsheathed pretty much puts her above Kagura's level since Kagura unsheathed is her at her best level...
I just said I read somewhere Mashima stating so, but I can't seem to find it. Rufus is no stronger than Minerva or Orga, that's for sure.

Base Dimaria w/o age seal should be around Kagura's level or below. Dimaria trusts too much her ability to stop time, she shouldn't be at Kagura's level of swordsmanship. That's just an assumption (just like yours).

Wahl could oneshot Laxus with his Anti Material Cannon, Jacob could oneshot Natsu with Transport, Dimaria could oneshot Chelia with Age Seal, Bradman could oneshot Gajeel with Macro and so on. No Ishgar mage can defeat the Spriggan Twelve once there isn't PiS or CiS included. This is more like a fact.
A city-block lvl attack that couldn't kill injured Ichiya ain't taking Laxus down.
Jacob could definetely beat Natsu 1 on 1, the thing is Happy, Lucy and Makarov intervened.
Dimaria could pretty much oneshot 99% of FT's characters with Age Seal.
Bradman is the only example of a useless Spriggan, provided that macro doesn't have limitations.

Some Ishgar's mages like Laxus or Jellal have proven to being capable of beating Spriggan Twelve so no, your statement is false.

What type reasoning is that ? So if someone will clash in equal terms how does it mean that one person is better than other ? Also Kagura sword was draw
Ok Equal terms ... http://mangafox.me/manga/fairy_tail/vTBD/c467/8.html
Dimaria was taking Kagura back as we can see because kagura is turning around the fact that Kagura block her sneak attack on her back and Dimaria didn't break her unprepared guard give more credits to Kagura than Dimaria..
That was my point, thanks!!

Orgastthemage

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I kinda agree with you to be honnest, but as much as i understand and agree with your logic, that shouldn't be relevant here.

Chronos being the God of Time should theorically give her every possible ability to control time, i agree with it. But we've seen only one spell from her: Age Seal, and this is restricted here.
I agree we can assume she can do more than just Age Seal, but we didn't see that. This is a very highly believable assumption to make, but only an assumption.
In that fight, without Age Seal, Chronos showed lazers and Age Scratch, and that's it.

I also agree with @BluePegasus: the Spriggans should have won their battles if they had fought correctly. Jacob beating Natsu, Dimaria beating the sky sisters. Only extreme luck/asspulls from the FT sides made those Spriggans lose.
I disagree about Wahl though. I mean yeah i agree he shoulda won against Laxus, but this loss wasn't unfair since the fight wasn't fair to begin with (Laxus being messed up badly from MBP). If Laxus had been healthy from the start, he would have won convincingly i think.
So as much as Wahl shoulda won in the manga against a very diminished Laxus, in this tournament Laxus is supposed to be considered healthy. SO the ppoint "Laxus should have lost against his Spriggan" isn't relevant, in my eyes.

Yes, yet Chronos i believe is too much for a non-god slayer. Well put I must admit.
lol people are bringing "because he is the main character". by that logic no one should win here. the fact that Wahl resorted to Assault Mode and targeting only Laxus proves that he was going all out. heck, he even said that he might lose if he didn't use his Assault Mode even with his electricity and Laxus wasn't massively rejuvenated.

he didn't use Anti Material Magic Cannon? Laxus didn't use Fairy Law, Lightning Dragon Roar, Secret Art, Lightning Nukes. does that mean he was not serious?

It in this case its a matter of opinion and approach. Dimaria is an "awkward" match-up for Laxus. I think she is too clever for a non-god slayer. Even a dragon-slayer of Laxus caliber. Come on You have to admit most fights are stupid and Hiro is just scraping the bottom of his think tank when planning out ways to defeat the 12. A tip Hiro, comedy does not work. You do make quite the likely claim though i shall give you that too. Plus a like.

~Charging Lightning~

Reaction score
Country
United States
^^^^^Exactly this. You and me understand each other.

All of the Spriggans lost because one reason: they didn't do what they SHOULD'VE done.

Wahl could oneshot Laxus with his Anti Material Cannon, Jacob could oneshot Natsu with Transport, Dimaria could oneshot Chelia with Age Seal, Bradman could oneshot Gajeel with Macro and so on. No Ishgar mage can defeat the Spriggan Twelve once there isn't PiS or CiS included. This is more like a fact.
Laxus wouldn't sit and watch Wahl charge up his anti material cannon in a fight, Jacob's transport was countered by freaking Happy, and the strongest person Macro has worked on is pre skip Elfman (it's a NLF to say that Macro can work on DF Gajeel).

You keep looking at this too one sidely. PiS was on the Spriggans' side when Laxus and Natsu were restricted from going all out against Wahl and Jacob from the get go. PiS was on the Spriggans' side when Jellal had to save Kagura instead of simply fighting and annihilating Neinheart from the beginning. The Spriggans are no different than the other past enemies that were hyped up in the beginning and beaten by Fairy Tail.

Jean Grey

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
It in this case its a matter of opinion and approach. Dimaria is an "awkward" match-up for Laxus. I think she is too clever for a non-god slayer. Even a dragon-slayer of Laxus caliber. Come on You have to admit most fights are stupid and Hiro is just scraping the bottom of his think tank when planning out ways to defeat the 12. A tip Hiro, comedy does not work. You do make quite the likely claim though i shall give you that too. Plus a like.
don't get me wrong, Natsu, Lucy and the entire guild in the Guild Hall should have lost, Dimaria should have won but Hiro ass pulled Ultear and TO, Ajeel lost somewhat good, Neinhart is a disappointment, Wahl lost against Laxus who was heavily handicapped and got Red Lightning out of nowhere but I can somewhat accept that because Laxus is a monster and he needs something new.

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich

That's the point just because she had the title God of Time doesn't mean you can give her abilities she had not displayed. Dimaria can only stop time. Point. Blank. Period.

Dimaria herself when not using time stop is a CQC fighter just like Laxus, so it doesn't matter.

No Dimaria didn't use her magic against Chelia because she only had one way of stopping time, not because Mashima wanted Chelia and Laxus to win....Honestly had the tournament gone to a point where we're giving our favourites abilities they don't have so they can win.......This really is a popularity contest.

Orgastthemage

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
That's the point just because she had the title God of Time doesn't mean you can give her abilities she had not displayed. Dimaria can only stop time. Point. Blank. Period.

Dimaria herself when not using time stop is a CQC fighter just like Laxus, so it doesn't matter.

No Dimaria didn't use her magic against Chelia because she only had one way of stopping time, not because Mashima wanted Chelia and Laxus to win....Honestly had the tournament gone to a point where we're giving our favourites abilities they don't have so they can win.......This really is a popularity contest.

Well, she is the actual g. of time. So it should be logical that she could have controlled time to greater extents. She is chronos. Plus her main way of battle is in g. form were she mainly goes into distant combat. Mashima clearly wants them to win, well, because in the end, its obvious he wants Ishgar to be victorious. Thanks for helping me see another side to the argument. Hope i helped you out too. Enough of this argument now.

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
Well, she is the actual g. of time. So it should be logical that she could have controlled time to greater extents. She is chronos. Plus her main way of battle is in g. form were she mainly goes into distant combat. Mashima clearly wants them to win, well, because in the end, its obvious he wants Ishgar to be victorious. Thanks for helping me see another side to the argument. Hope i helped you out too. Enough of this argument now.
Just because she's labelled as that doesn't mean she has every ability. So we're going disregard emwjats shown and just say 'The good guys won because Mashima wanted them to and not because they're strong'......Whatever I guess. Good talk.

Orgastthemage

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Just because she's labelled as that doesn't mean she has every ability. So we're going disregard emwjats shown and just say 'The good guys won because Mashima wanted them to and not because they're strong'......Whatever I guess. Good talk.
She is not labeled she actually took over chronos, FT's god of time. Of course the good guys win because Mashima wants them to, he writes fairy tail and wants his pivotal characters to succeed. hahaha.

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
She is not labeled she actually took over chronos, FT's god of time. Of course the good guys win because Mashima wants them to, he writes fairy tail and wants his pivotal characters to succeed. hahaha.
I'm talking about Chronos herself, she hadn't shown the ability to manipulate time the way you're implying. And what's the point of using any good guys in fights like this if that's the excuse?

Last edited:

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
I don't get why people are underestimating Dimaria's swordsman skills, the fact that she was even given the title 'War Princess' means that along with her Age Seal, her sword skills are top notch..literally everything about this woman is top notch from her sword skills to Age Seal to Chronos TakeOver...also the fact that Sherria had to use all the magic in her life at that point to defeat her and just barely without even killing her means that Dimaria has extremely high durability..
In the GMG, Ooba and Jura said that Heavenly Gathering Clouds could kill someone since that was Sherria going all out:

The fact that Dimaria was even alive after that, after Sherria had used ALL her magical power plus she had the slaying advantage, pretty much means Dimaria's durability is off the charts here..

I wish people would stop downplaying Dimaria's durability here, the woman herself took on a Dragon Slayer in Dragon Force and a God Slayer in Third Origin, and I personally would put TO Sherria above Erza, since we were already showed that Erza can't solo a Spriggan 12 member one on one...she lost to Azir and NeinHart..
@Nemispelled thank you so much! The image thing worked:)

Stormsfury

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
No because Laxus is a main character. Dimaria wins. Being able to take over the god of time alone is more than enough to defeat a non-god slayer.
Plus yes, Dimaria is faster than Laxus and, being the god of time, certainly has ways to deal with Laxus.

Laxus greatest strength is his popularity among fans. He is IMMENSELY strong. Yet he should not have even been able to take out Wahl. Mashima just made Wahl stupid in their fight. Dimaria wont make a similar mistake.
Could you please use feats and facts instead of assuming stuff......... seriously wtf kind of reasoning is that?
Bring a proper well constructed argument and don't just assume stuff "because"

Last edited by a moderator:

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
I don't get why people are underestimating Dimaria's swordsman skills, the fact that she was even given the title 'War Princess' means that along with her Age Seal, her sword skills are top notch..literally everything about this woman is top notch from her sword skills to Age Seal to Chronos TakeOver...also the fact that Sherria had to use all the magic in her life at that point to defeat her and just barely without even killing her means that Dimaria has extremely high durability..
In the GMG, Ooba and Jura said that Heavenly Gathering Clouds could kill someone since that was Sherria going all out:

The fact that Dimaria was even alive after that, after Sherria had used ALL her magical power plus she had the slaying advantage, pretty much means Dimaria's durability is off the charts here..

I wish people would stop downplaying Dimaria's durability here, the woman herself took on a Dragon Slayer in Dragon Force and a God Slayer in Third Origin, and I personally would put TO Sherria above Erza, since we were already showed that Erza can't solo a Spriggan 12 member one on one...she lost to Azir and NeinHart..
@Nemispelled thank you so much! The image thing worked:)
They said the move would kill WENDY. Simply not dying isn't a durability feat.....seriously the reach.

Jean Grey

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
will people stop with "because he/she is a Spriggan so they have the same durability, attack power and etc". its obvious that all Spriggans have different strengths in durability and attack power. only their MP is basically on the same level. God Serena has greater durability than Jacob and Nenhart. Dimaria also, Wahl also, Ajeel also. they differ in some aspects.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.