Final - Chloé d'Apchier vs. Maomao | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Final Chloé d'Apchier vs. Maomao

Who is the best Waifu?

• Chloé d'Apchier

• Maomao

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Chloé d'Apchier
Vanitas no Carte
Maomao
Kusuriya no Hitorigoto

Baka Taichou

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
this one is hard, but I will go for Chloe till the end! Would have been harder if she was against Revi XD

good luck to both tho!

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
1st best to luck @Juviii chaaan <3
and huge thanks to everyone who supported Maomao !It really means a lot ♥

Campaign - Round 5

Past weeks news in brief

I - Introduction

II - Part I

III - Part II

III - Part IV
  • Maomao Academy - Registration is now open (To come ASAP)

Final Part : Building up of the romance - A waifu that any partner needs

We mentioned previously some traits that make Maomao an outstanding and refined waifu. Now, I want to focus on her relationship with Jinshi because it's the best way to illustrate her waifu qualities, and one of the major points, I've been saying for years, that defines and makes characters engaging/fascinating, is their flaws.​

I- S³ - (Sweetness, Subtlety and Sensuality)

The romance between Jinshi and Maomao might look slow at 1st glance because there are no real bold scenes or reveals till now ( at least in the manga in the LN, the pace is different). While it does exist, and it is suggested more in a symbolistic way, very subtly, it is probably related to the characters' social environment. We know that at first, Maomao didn't care about him, but slowly, even if she remained distant, she gradually seemed to accept his feelings and even his clinginess. He fell in love with her early in the story, despite rank, and status, appearances, and he demonstrates it openly.​
If we pay attention, there is a lot of gentleness and even sensuality, in some gestures and exchanges, (anything sensorial, like touching skin, hair, etc. has in literature that kind of symbolism). It may look insignificant or inconsequential but it's very meaningful, here it's a way to show they're growing closer over time. Here are some examples :​

Some scenes : gentle touchs, dancing scene, hugging scene, everything is sweet and subtle.

I appreciate the feelings Jinshi harbors for her and how she is gradually accepting him, and always would support him, be here for him, and eventually, I believe she grew to love him too, but she simply doesn't want to harm him due to his status, she feels unworthy of him and it makes her even more attaching.

II- R² - (Realism and Relatability)

Inner journey and personal achievements are key points for writing a good romantic heroine, her goals should be unrelated to her romance to make her valuable and independant, and on an equal footing with her specific person, characters should be well-developped and crafted in a believable way. In Kusuriya no Hitorigoto, Maomao doesn’t exist solely for Jinshi and their romance. That facet comes alongside her goals. Originally, she didn’t even care about him. She has her own ideals to achieve (humble ones though), and when the time came, she got the opportunity to work on what she loves, which is related to pharmacology. And that aspect makes her character realistic.​

Relatability:
A great waifu is one we can relate to, is one who does things we can connect to. She could be the best, on occasion, but sometimes she will hurt you, and she would question her very words and actions as most of us do, she is strong but can be insecure or vulnerable as we are.​

Mistakes, Missteps & Flaws :
The best waifu is far from being perfect, she makes mistakes, has flaws, does unlikeable things, and is someone you will disagree or argue sometimes with. That’s what defines, in my perspective, the best partner. That’s why you will love her. She won’t treat you like a child, but she won’t treat you as a god. She knows what you are worth, is aware of your flaws, but would not ignore them. Quite the opposite, she embraces them.​
She will frustrate you, hurt you, and make you angry. You might sometimes hate her, but you need her. She can be stubborn, needy at times, colder, smug, sassy, or even sarcastic. But she also makes you smile, lightens your everyday life, and respects you, above all. She will be sweet, gentle, and protective. She will stay at your side when you need her and will stand for you no matter what. That's how is Maomao. I’m not selling you a dream or a fake life. I’m not promoting you a doll or a goddess, but a dedicated, loyal, reliable, and strong waifu, that I consider among the best written ladies, lately. A realistic and relatable one who will give you genuine love and the happiness you deserve!​

Nothing special here, but, she just felt uncomfortable about the mention of a person and Jinshi felt bad about it, simple and relatable moment.

I like this scene, it may appear trivial but it's so powerful and relatable in my opinion. That feeling when you just happened to say something casually or just for fun and realized that you hurt the other person (be it a partner, friend, colleague…) and you need to make up for it.

In the LN Jinshi has from what I was spoiled, confessed his feelings to her but seemingly she rejected him because she feels unworthy of him and doesnt want to be in his way, nor bring shame to his relatives due to her humble birth, I assume. there is a scene where he got angry, frustrated, offended so much then he gripped her firmly and said
"She says : Pick someone else more acceptable to marry.
Jinshi: No. Stop trying to push me away".

A pic from LN that illustrates their relationships

In this cute pic
"Maomao had to visit Jinshi to treat his burn ’cause they had to keep it a secret from everyone else.Jinshi asked for a slap, despite wanting a hug. Maomao refuses of course, but she does give in eventually after some persuasion. She covers his eyes after to not let him see the redness of the slap mark, which never showed anyways, cause he blushed so hard after she kissed his cheek to take away the pain."
summary/translation credits : shikarito

I have a couple of other points to discuss, if I have time I will try to quickly review them. I wanted to write everything here, but when I started to write it ended up way too long, and too difficult to manage, so I cut off some parts.​
Thank you for reading, <3

Thxs for your support !

Last edited:

Juviii

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Campaign I-Backstory
Campaign II-Chloe and Jean Jacques
Campaign III-Her Many Sides
Campaign V-She's Not Perfect
Bonus-Acceptance

Chloe

FINAL CAMPAIGN

Chloe D'apchier is complex and "human"

Yes, I know she is a vampire (who aren't that different from humans in this world) but she is so human in so many ways:

Chloe only appeared in the second season of the anime but she was able to show more emotions and sides than any other character.
Joy, depression, thirst for revenge, apathy, missing someone, melancholy, guilt, love, friendship, embarassement, forgiveness.... She displayed all sides of a human being with all the struggles and joys life has to offer.

She has mental fortitude, being able to endure the pain of seeing everyone die before her, being alone, hidden, hunted and even resisting August's mind control power, but she fell into a state of depression and apathy after her family was killed because of her existence.

She is selfless and selfish but she always has the best interests of those she loves in her heart.

And why is this relevant, you ask?

Because going through all kinds of emotions and situations is what makes us grow, become wise, understand others,

All her hardships has made her who she is:

Someone with no regards for social status-while she is of noble birth, Jean Jacques was of low birth.

Someone that doesn't stand with humans or vampires because it doesn't matter. If her life taugh her anything is that we should be loved for who we are. Vampires or humans, status, nothing really matters.

I touched this point in the Bonus -Acceptance (see above in previous campaigns links).
Chloe just wants to be accepted for who she is instead of having to be human to be loved.

Someone who doesn't fear intimacy and can love with an open heart.

She protects her people even when they don't deserve. After being hunted she still protected them and stated she loved them, never killing a single one.

And she doesn't ask for much in return:

She's strong enough to protect you and to survive by herself.

You don't have to be the strongest or rich or super handsome.

As long as you love, accept and stay by her side.

She doesn't ask for much does she?

But she wishes for one more thing:

YOUR VOTE!

One more thing: Chloe's true name is Canorus- She Who Plays Snow Crystals.

Now before I go take a moment to appreciate her awesome voice:

Last edited:

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
don't wanna hear what's good about your waifus. Tell me what's bad about the others waifu

Temeee !

Don't expect any kind of bad comment from me, lol,

I don't know Chloe but I know Juviii, and assuming from what I've read so far I can tell she'sa great character or waifu. I can only tell about my nominee that Maomao is really an outstanding character, I'm not even exaggerating in any way, she really deserves a lot more love. If you re not convinced by my campaign, then vote for Chloe, (but go and read Kusuriya :teehee)

I'm certain though Maomao is really the best waifu, she has that cleverness, that free spirit, that strength and that gentleness that you rarely find elsewhere, in females character portraying. If you want to give her a chance she'd be the happiest !

Just wanted to thank everyone who supported her so far, please don't give up on her <3 !

#Maomaodrawmylife

kira

Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
let's see... one eliminated my Megumi and one got rid of my HMs in the T10 Game
but since Juviii has the nerve to say I'm the bad thing about your waifus...

...I'm leaning towards Chloe for now.

Juviii

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
let's see... one eliminated my Megumi and one got rid of my HMs in the T10 Game
but since Juviii has the nerve to say I'm the bad thing about your waifus...

...I'm leaning towards Chloe for now.
I like your line of thought there :teehee
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Chloe's MBTI and Zodiac

MBTI:
Romantic Mediator

Source: https://relaza.com/en/lirik?user=40071

Zodiac: she does not have an official birthday but according to some people's opinions about her personality:

source: https://quotetheanime.com/zodiac-signs/the-case-study-of-vanitas/

But don't worry she is a such a complex character that any sign can relate to her. Let's see.

Aries:

Taurus:

Gemini:

Cancer:

[

Leo

Virgo:

Libra:

Scorpio:

Sagittarius:

Capricorn:

Aquarius: