Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 256 - Spoilers & Discussion | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 256 - Spoilers & Discussion

Migi_0

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
Finally, something interesting.
Now, I was thinking, what if Sukuna sacrificed his flames during the binding Vow? That could be the reason why he hasn't used Fuga during the battle. I mean, in battle he usually prefers the Slashes rather the flames, even his domain is the Slashes and not the flames, so probably those flames are Just for special occasions.

kingRoXaS

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Finally, something interesting.
Now, I was thinking, what if Sukuna sacrificed his flames during the binding Vow? That could be the reason why he hasn't used Fuga during the battle. I mean, in battle he usually prefers the Slashes rather the flames, even his domain is the Slashes and not the flames, so probably those flames are Just for special occasions.
I shared my own theory about this earlier, u can see on the previews page here. But dunno about this, your theory. the exchange in the binding vow was already stated.

LYEL

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Just to correct the misinformation from the asshole: Togashi had health issues (in this case, his lower back) even during YYH, having to lie on the floor at times to work on the manuscripts. He also said that near the end of the series, he felt nauseous just sitting down to draw.

It's been great to see people finally start to recognize the health issues of mangaka and what they deal with, so it's sad to see assholes like this guy still around. But that's life, I guess.
Actuallly i know about his health issues. I remember an interview (old asf) with Naoko Takeuchi where she adressed these problems, there's an episode she mentioned when she came back home from work and she found him fainted next to the bathroom''s door and cold as dead, she called the ambulance and they went to the hospital. The doc said the nerves connected to his spine were damaged and some daily movements could cause a level of stress enough to give him one hell of pain. In other words. He fainted because he felt so much pain that the brain had to shut down for him to stop feeling it. That's when he started a serious treatment for his problem.

Even with all that, japanese industry didn't change. The mangakas are treated as cash cows and machines with 2h a week to breath and 5h to sleep per day.

Last edited:

kingRoXaS

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
So anyone with knowledge of Japan Golden Week

There's a break next week
Then a new chapter with leaks by April 18th
Then golden week break or still one chapter before GW?

Franckie

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
I think most things Kenjaku could have done, he did

Sukuna being the main villains is because he's a lot stronger than Kenny
Kenny could have manipulated the story a bit more but Gege is trying to end the story this year
I disagree. I don't think Sukuna is a compelling villain. Does Sukuna have any motivation for being evil simply beyond being a giant dick, especially to Yuji? Sure, Kenjaku is a giant dick too, but he comes across as a more interesting, detestable villain than Sukuna, whose main motivation for being a dick to everyone is simply because he's bored. Sure, Sukuna is stronger than Kenny, but Kenny offers more variety and the plot doesn't bend itself to the degree it does for Sukuna for Kenny to be a legitimate threat to the main cast.

Sukuna is a lot like Kaido from One Piece, a character with a great battle record but no character depth, which is highly unusual for a character who is supposedly the most important villain in the story.

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
So anyone with knowledge of Japan Golden Week

There's a break next week
Then a new chapter with leaks by April 18th
Then golden week break or still one chapter before GW?
Break in issue 20. Come back in issue 21, and then 22-23 will be a double issue because of Golden Week, so break.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I disagree. I don't think Sukuna is a compelling villain. Does Sukuna have any motivation for being evil simply beyond being a giant dick, especially to Yuji?
He is strong and acts according to his nature, destroying the weak and treating them as pastimes. Now with the assignment he received from Kenjaku, he seems to have found a new purpose.

kingRoXaS

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I disagree. I don't think Sukuna is a compelling villain. Does Sukuna have any motivation for being evil simply beyond being a giant dick, especially to Yuji? Sure, Kenjaku is a giant dick too, but he comes across as a more interesting, detestable villain than Sukuna, whose main motivation for being a dick to everyone is simply because he's bored. Sure, Sukuna is stronger than Kenny, but Kenny offers more variety and the plot doesn't bend itself to the degree it does for Sukuna for Kenny to be a legitimate threat to the main cast.

Sukuna is a lot like Kaido from One Piece, a character with a great battle record but no character depth, which is highly unusual for a character who is supposedly the most important villain in the story.
I'm not talking Sukuna Up

I literally said that Kenjaku isn't the main villain because Gege chose Sukuna because of strength

Kenjaku said in the story that he couldn't defeat Gojo or was Gege that said it in a fanbook, dunno if Kenjaku could beat Yuta, can't really talk about if he could beat Maki.

Yuta grew up really strong with his CT and OP Domain.

Gojo was unstoppable

Yuji has a lot of potential but depending of setting he could be him

Maki is a doubt in my mind. Kenny was expecting her to chase him before Takaba appeared.

Its just that. For the role of villain, I would choose Kenny over Sukuna any day of the week

Break in issue 20. Come back in issue 21, and then 22-23 will be a double issue because of Golden Week, so break.

Thanks for the info, bro

Dr34d

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Uchiha Clan
I'm not talking Sukuna Up

I literally said that Kenjaku isn't the main villain because Gege chose Sukuna because of strength

Kenjaku said in the story that he couldn't defeat Gojo or was Gege that said it in a fanbook, dunno if Kenjaku could beat Yuta, can't really talk about if he could beat Maki.

Yuta grew up really strong with his CT and OP Domain.

Gojo was unstoppable

Yuji has a lot of potential but depending of setting he could be him

Maki is a doubt in my mind. Kenny was expecting her to chase him before Takaba appeared.

Its just that. For the role of villain, I would choose Kenny over Sukuna any day of the week

Thanks for the info, bro
Sukuna is not the main villain, he is just a muscle head, a bodyguard essentially. If you think the person who taught Sukuna how to reincarnate was killed by Yuta, you have another thing coming. Everything that has happened in this story has been by Kenjaku's planning but you think he was done in by Takaba and Yuta? The same Kenjaku that is so proficient with binding vows as to create something as complicated as the culling games. He has been killed several times but here we are again. So no, he is not done yet.

If anything, I suspect that Kenjaku let himself die to shift the burden of ending the culling games on Sukuna because Kenjaku would have to work really hard to best some of the characters around.

Zehahaha

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Official translation is bad… This is really annoying

zafool974

Reaction score
Country
France

Well I have to disagree with you, Kenjaku was a great villain for sure, but he served his purpose and showed he could take on the likes of Yuki and Yuta easily. Takaba was the only way Yuta could own him like that in my opinion. That being said, he would be able to do nothing against the combos Sukuna is taking on right now. Same for Gojo or Reincarnated Tengen, that's why he killed the six eyes twice as babies and the plasma vessel a bunch of times. We do need to know about his connection to Yuji but that's about it. We already know a lot of what he could do, he has Geto's, Yuji's mother's and Kamo's CT so far plus his OG technique. He probably has more but he'd be powerless against so many opponents assuming he could have fought Gojo which he couldn't.

He needed Sukuna from the get go since Gojo got out of the prison realm early. Kenny was always doomed, it's a fact.

Sukuna is an agent of chaos just as Kenny is but in a very different way. He achieved his peak long ago and no one comes close to him so he wouldn't need to scheme to achieve his goals, he has none and I love it. He was cunning enough to fool everyone when it took over Megumi's body. I hope he didn't make a binding vow and got rid of <Fuga.

Goatjo can’t use BF because of six eyes among other things
Didn't he use one against Mahoraga and Sukuna though?

kingRoXaS

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
He can, it's just a mistranslation or great errror

RatibTM

Reaction score
Country
United States
No chapter this week?

kingRoXaS

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Hopefully this week chapter Yuji gets some love(hard to know with Gege)