Help - Request a Full Proofreading | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Help Request a Full Proofreading

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Welcome to the Request a Full Proofreading thread! :tem

[sizept=15]To Translators[/sizept]
This thread is for you to request a proofreader to look over your entire translation to check for grammar and flow.

In your post, please give as much info as possible:
1) A link to your translation/translation under spoiler tags
2) As much context as you can give
3) Highlight specific parts that you are unsure of

An example (a single line from the full translation):
This time, there were incidents of centipede eggs hatching in people in Fujigahara
(context: The guy is talking about a centipede youkai that was appearing in the area. I am not sure if this sentence sounds okay in English)

It is also recommended that you request someone to proofread your translation for grammar/flow here after being checked for accuracy here, especially if you feel your Japanese proficiency is not very high.

All the best :thumbs

[sizept=15]To Proofreaders[/sizept]
This thread is for you, proofreaders, to look over entire translations to check for grammar and flow.

In your reply, be as helpful as possible, pointing out the translators' errors and common mistakes in detail so that the translator can learn and improve! To reduce clutter on the page, please put your corrections under a spoiler tag.

Thank you for your time and effort in helping translators improve! :ossu

Last edited:

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
If you're not in a hurry to get your stuff proofread or you want to establish a longer work-relationship with a Proofreader you can find the complete list of MH Certified Proofreaders -here-

purpleRei

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
hi i would like to apply for proofreading. though i am from the philippines (where "tagalog"/"filipino" is used as daily conversation in National Capital Region) i read a lot of english novels, books, (as well as technical books-i am currently studying industrial engineering). i can be of help in correcting and or validating some of your english-translated mangas (i am not familiar with translation of j>e though). please consider me!

mikkih

Translator/Moderator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
To Proofreaders:

Please check this Request a Full Proofreading thread to see if translators have requested any help. Translators' releases with the "needs proofreader" status on MH can be found by clicking on the links. Since translators may already have their own proofreaders, it is good idea to contact translators in person via PM or make posts in Meet the Translators and introduce yourself. If you are interested in joining a group, you may also want to visit Forum: Staff and Project Resources. (Sorry, the proofreader test project is currently on hold.)

Last edited:

Golden

Reaction score
Country
United States
Anyone Need a Proofreader.

Hello everyone, how are you all doing. Okay first I'm new and I don't know if I posted this new thread in the right section. So if I didn't please tell me where to post this, and if I did that's great.

Anyways, I was just wondering if anyone needed a proofreader I would love to get some experience on proofreading manga scans. So I hope I can become friends with all of you and I hope I enjoy working with some of you. :)

Beckyoh

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Hi there. I'm a professional proofreader and translator