Events - Scavenger Hunt 2017 Sign Up Thread | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Events Scavenger Hunt 2017 Sign Up Thread

Scavenger Hunt Host

Treasure Keeper
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Costa Gravas

Welcome to the Sign Up thread for this year's Scavenger Hunt.
Before we get under way with the Hunt itself, we'll be using this thread to register those who wish to participate in the fun and reap the rewards!

How to Participate:

• Preliminary Sign Up is open until 30th April at 10:00 GMT *
  • The Scavenger Hunt begins on the same day (30th April) at 12:00 GMT
  • Hunters can register as solo, pairs or a group.
  • A maximum of three (3) hunters allowed per team..
  • If you are a pair (2) or 3, please state the name of all members and a team name, if you have chosen one.
  • Ensure that all your teammates are willing to participate before submitting their names to us. This is to avoid last-minute withdrawal or misunderstanding if that person is unaware of the game.
* Members wishing to join after this date (30th April), will need to solve the current round and previous rounds' riddles before proceeding to the next round. No extra time will be given to the new hunters. So for those who have joined the hunt from the start of the game will have the advantage over the newcomers.

Example: If a new hunter joins on round 2, he/she will still have to send in the correct riddle-answers for 1st round and 2nd (current) round and then proceed as per normal to continue the game.

Note: Though we accept participation after the Scavenger Hunt has started, we would strongly encourage you to register early and play with everybody else when it begins. It would be a much more enjoyable experience to begin from day 1, rather than having to rush through every riddle in the middle or towards the event of the event.

More information pertaining to the Scavenger Hunt itself will be given on the launch day(30th April).

Sign Up has been extended in hopes of receiving more participants. The Hunt will there not begin until Monday at the earliest. Apologies to inconvenience anyone.

Another update will be given 12:00 GMT on Monday 1st May.

Last edited by a moderator:

rinny-chan12

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
*sighs* i entered in scavenger hunt but i dun know what it is all about:xp jeez watashi baka!:facepalm

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
*sighs* i entered in scavenger hunt but i dun know what it is all about:xp jeez watashi baka!:facepalm
Etto ne -

When the games start
the mods give you some bs questions,
you spend some bs time to search through the bs forum to bs-ily solve the clue/question.
you ask them for a clue, they bs-ily tell you to think out the 'bs-box'.

then you notify them of the bs answer and then you bs-ily move on to the next phase of trials.

Rinse and Repat bs-ily
Wait for your award!
I don't know what they are
but in the case I win the top prize my wish will be to ban haku from Claires thread.

GB

The OMO King
Reaction score
Country
Japan
ok @TSPanda i wont be able to make it i will be travellling

Copy Panda

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
China
wow i was like gonna ask u if u wanted a killua or hisoka avatar smh

rinny-chan12

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Etto ne -

When the games start
the mods give you some bs questions,
you spend some bs time to search through the bs forum to bs-ily solve the clue/question.
you ask them for a clue, they bs-ily tell you to think out the 'bs-box'.

then you notify them of the bs answer and then you bs-ily move on to the next phase of trials.

Rinse and Repat bs-ily
Wait for your award!
I don't know what they are
but in the case I win the top prize my wish will be to ban haku from Claires thread.
ohh i see thank chu:^_^

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
Reaction score
Country
United States
wow i was like gonna ask u if u wanted a killua or hisoka avatar smh
Kinda was hoping to see your team tbh, too bad lulu is traveling.

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Okay, listen. So, you get a map from the host of this event, and using the clues given on the map, you attempt to find the hidden treasure. A huge amount of other members will be attempting to accomplish the very same feat, so a taser or something of the sort is recommended (NOTE, however, that something which severely injures the other competitors is strictly forbidden). Once you find the answer to every clue, you are granted a wish by the tooth fairy, @M3J - he (or she) is very moody, though, so I warn you.

Anyway, jokes aside, here's what you have to do:
- A riddle will be posted on this thread. Each riddle leads to a certain thread on the forum, and that's what you'll be looking for
- Once you've guessed what the thread likely is, you'll have to go through its posts and you'll have to find that specific one
- When you find it and complete the riddle, you will be given an additional riddle, which leads to another thread, in which you'll look for another post
- Once you've found the second post, you'll be given the third riddle, which you'll try to solve the same way, until there are no more riddles for that (48-hour) round, in which case you will receive the option to notify the host that you've completed the round.
- Repeat for the next rounds

More detailed information will be posted in an info thread by the time the event starts or so.
Now that I think about it, why did I even type this? :headscratch

Last edited:

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
Reaction score
Country
United States
Okay, listen. So, you get a map from the host of this event, and using the clues given on the map, you attempt to find the hidden treasure. A huge amount of other members will be attempting to accomplish the very same feat, so a taser or something of the sort is recommended (NOTE, however, that something which severely injures the other competitors is strictly forbidden). Once you find the answer to every clue, you are granted a wish by the tooth fairy, @M3J - he (or she) is very moody, though, so I warn you.

- A riddle will be posted on this thread. Each riddle leads to a certain thread on the forum, and that's what you'll be looking for
- Once you've guessed what the thread likely is, you'll have to go through its posts and you'll have to find that specific post
- When you find it and complete the riddle, you will be given an additional riddle, which leads to another thread, in which you'll look for another post
- Once you've found the second post, you'll be given the third riddle, which you'll try to solve the same way, until there are no more riddles for that (48-hour) round, in which case you will receive the option to notify the host that you've completed the round.

More detailed information will be posted in an info thread by the time the event starts or so.
CUZ

An official response is always better than bs one. :XD

rinny-chan12

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
It will start tomorrow~ :nod
okie dokie:verily:hee
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

- Once you've guessed what the thread likely is, you'll have to go through its posts and you'll have to find that specific post

--- Double Post Merged, ---
:whistle