Theory - The One Piece is a Bathing Suit | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Theory The One Piece is a Bathing Suit

Bradhimself

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I know that this has definitely been said before, but I am pretty much convinced now that the One Piece is a bathing suit, I will explain why.
Following along with One Piece for 2 decades, and reading the theories, I have found that the truth of the mystery is usually very on the nose. The introduction of Nika before Luffy's awakening was a short foreshadow of Luffy's awakening, Kaido making mention of his fruit behaving different etc. Though us as fans usually go waaay above and beyond where the truth of the matter was right there and very obvious. We all thought it would be a super serious power up and it was a comedic, ridiculous one! The One Piece might be the same!

Here in Egghead, there was debate to where Kuma was going, but alas it was the most obvious choice. He was going to Bonney. If you go back through the story you will see that this is a much more straightforward story if you take everything at face value, this works for the vast majority of the story.

Logic aside, here is why I think the One Piece is a bathing suit.

1. Roger and Roger Pirates were laughing. What else could be so funny as to make the Roger pirates crack up? They had followed and understood JoyBoy's story all the way to Laugh Tale. That means they knew he had the Nika fruit, and all that Nika brings is attributed to him.

2. The Straw Hat. We know that in Pangea Castle there is a Straw Hat sitting there, it is most likely Foreshadowing that JoyBoy also wore a Strawhat. Could it be that this Straw Hat plus a One Piece = What JoyBoy wore when facing the WG or just in general? could this be the attire that strikes fear into Imu?

3. Too early. I think this comment leads to Nika not being in the world at this time, the fruit not awakening. I think that this One Piece bathing suit is made out of an advanced Scientific material that makes it rigid and unusable to anyone but Nika who can make it maluable with the power of turning it into rubber. Perhaps it has special properties that allow the user to defend against the weird demonic powers of the Gorosei's fruit? Or enables them to swim?

4. Shanks giving the Straw Hat to Luffy. I think that Roger passed his hat down to Shanks in order for him to pass it onto the person who will become JoyBoy/Nika. Shanks knows the value of that fruit, Luffy eats it, repeats what Roger said and I dare say that JoyBoy had the same dream, so he passed it on as 1/3 of the complete package that JoyBoy had, Fruit, Bathing Suit and Hat.

5. Luffy doesn't use weapons. The One Piece most likely won't be a tool that people can use. I think it would be a wearable for the Nika user since it was left behind by Joyboy for the next JoyBoy, it would be weird it be a physical item anyone else could use and it would be out of character that Luffy start using a weapon this late in the story.

6. It is so on the nose that I think everyone would laugh, even those that don't like the truth of it, just like how Luffy's awakening divided the fan base, the one piece is too.

Although I have mentioned a few things that might be a bit of a stretch, I do believe this lines up with the comedy and story telling aspects of the story so far.

Nika, whilst being a serious character as far as actions and importance goes, is actually a ridiculous and hilarious character. I would bet that JoyBoy would be the same too, like Roger was and like Luffy is.

Anyways, this is my current bet, I am open to discussion about it and also to be wrong or proven wrong.

Thanks for reading!

Yoko75

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I know that this has definitely been said before, but I am pretty much convinced now that the One Piece is a bathing suit, I will explain why.
Following along with One Piece for 2 decades, and reading the theories, I have found that the truth of the mystery is usually very on the nose. The introduction of Nika before Luffy's awakening was a short foreshadow of Luffy's awakening, Kaido making mention of his fruit behaving different etc. Though us as fans usually go waaay above and beyond where the truth of the matter was right there and very obvious. We all thought it would be a super serious power up and it was a comedic, ridiculous one! The One Piece might be the same!

Here in Egghead, there was debate to where Kuma was going, but alas it was the most obvious choice. He was going to Bonney. If you go back through the story you will see that this is a much more straightforward story if you take everything at face value, this works for the vast majority of the story.

Logic aside, here is why I think the One Piece is a bathing suit.

1. Roger and Roger Pirates were laughing. What else could be so funny as to make the Roger pirates crack up? They had followed and understood JoyBoy's story all the way to Laugh Tale. That means they knew he had the Nika fruit, and all that Nika brings is attributed to him.

2. The Straw Hat. We know that in Pangea Castle there is a Straw Hat sitting there, it is most likely Foreshadowing that JoyBoy also wore a Strawhat. Could it be that this Straw Hat plus a One Piece = What JoyBoy wore when facing the WG or just in general? could this be the attire that strikes fear into Imu?

3. Too early. I think this comment leads to Nika not being in the world at this time, the fruit not awakening. I think that this One Piece bathing suit is made out of an advanced Scientific material that makes it rigid and unusable to anyone but Nika who can make it maluable with the power of turning it into rubber. Perhaps it has special properties that allow the user to defend against the weird demonic powers of the Gorosei's fruit? Or enables them to swim?

4. Shanks giving the Straw Hat to Luffy. I think that Roger passed his hat down to Shanks in order for him to pass it onto the person who will become JoyBoy/Nika. Shanks knows the value of that fruit, Luffy eats it, repeats what Roger said and I dare say that JoyBoy had the same dream, so he passed it on as 1/3 of the complete package that JoyBoy had, Fruit, Bathing Suit and Hat.

5. Luffy doesn't use weapons. The One Piece most likely won't be a tool that people can use. I think it would be a wearable for the Nika user since it was left behind by Joyboy for the next JoyBoy, it would be weird it be a physical item anyone else could use and it would be out of character that Luffy start using a weapon this late in the story.

6. It is so on the nose that I think everyone would laugh, even those that don't like the truth of it, just like how Luffy's awakening divided the fan base, the one piece is too.

Although I have mentioned a few things that might be a bit of a stretch, I do believe this lines up with the comedy and story telling aspects of the story so far.

Nika, whilst being a serious character as far as actions and importance goes, is actually a ridiculous and hilarious character. I would bet that JoyBoy would be the same too, like Roger was and like Luffy is.

Anyways, this is my current bet, I am open to discussion about it and also to be wrong or proven wrong.

Thanks for reading!
Very interesting read. Looks like you put some thought into this. I never thought of One Piece the way you put it, but I do see the correlations with everything you put together like the story leading to the most obvious conclusions with a few twist that comes along with the story like Luffy's awakening of his devil fruit Hito Hito no Mi. The nature of his power does make sense givin what type of character Luffy is, but it definitely surprised allot of people in the One Piece community and certainly created division among fans on the likeability of his whole nika power and gear 5 look.

I really like your other points on the things you mentioned like the straw hat connection between Roger➡Shanks➡Luffy. Not too mention the possibility that Joyboy also were the straw hat. I definitely could see it since Roger, Shanks, Luffy and Joyboy all are connected to it. While some might be stretch it's still interesting to think about, but still very intriguing nonetheless.

Bradhimself

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Ok. But why would a bathing suit turn the world upside down?
I am not sure really. It could bring Imu out of the shadows, that then lets the world know there is a singular ruler.

It could be the use of the One Piece that turns the world upside down.

But ultimately I think Nika fruit + Straw Hat + One Piece is what JoyBoy had that turned the world on it's head, and Luffy is next in line.

"The man Roger is waiting for isn't you" So we know Roger was waiting for Joyboy/Nika fruit user. It has to be to do with the users' powers that is crucial for the One Piece.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

To add, I don't think the One Piece existing on it's own is enough to turn the world on it's head, otherwise it would be operating and doing so.

It may be an artifact, but then you need a story to go behind it, which the world does not know.

So that leads me to believe it is the use of it that is important. And that is foreshadowed for to be crucial that JoyBoy to be the person that finds it.

wh0regeous

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Uchiha Clan
I made a whole post about this in the forum and was flamed for it.
This is simple:
Notice the running gag with Brook and the underwear? We never really see a woman's underwear, but he shows us Franky and Oden's with no problem.

Roger had the ancient weapon, which turns the world upside down (magnetically, so log poses go wild)
Joy Boy (who may have been a female ancient giant or Lily or even OARS) went the WRONG WAY because the world turned upside down and froze to death.
They left their GIGANTIC ONE PIECE THERMAL UNDERWEAR on laughtale which would have allowed them to not freeze to death.
That is why Roger laughed.

Here is the full post:
https://mangahelpers.com/forum/threads/one-piece-solved-on-reddit.3024160/

McNuss

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
It is not a bathing suit.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I mean, I wouldn't rule out that somewhere in the piles of gold that are bound to be part of the one piece there's an 800 year old chest that's full of women's panties.

DocDoak

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Do you have any theories on what it could be?
He says he knows what the One Piece is and doesn't want to tell us because that would ruin the fun for the rest of us. I am not joking.

Last edited:

Fox666

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
He knows what the One Piece is and doesn't want to tell us because that would ruin the fun for the rest of us. I am not joking.
He claims to know it.

But the fact he doesn't let his theories be refuted means they are very unlikely to be correct.

Last edited:

RaisinRisin

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I missed this thread earlier! I wouldn't mind if your theory was correct. It has a lot of potential for humour, and that is actually a prerequisite.

Luffy ate the fruit the day the mountain bandit showed up. Do we know when he said the same thing as Roger to Shanks? I figured it was before he ate the fruit. If so, we might have a plausible explanation why Shanks left the chest on the bar near Luffy. It could have been an experiment, where Shanks was letting the fruit choose the user. Luffy was unknowingly beckoned.