Hangout - Tower of God Hangout & Q/A Thread | Page 100 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

hblock

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Zahard Princesses's physical abilities are considered superior to DD of the other 10 Families etc.
I think it's more complexe than that, princesses physical ability isn't just superior to DDs, it stands on a whole another level and is usualy superior to even Rankers as regulars. Using this logic, Zahard should be >>>>>> Yurin or any other FH physically speaking, which doesn't make sens IMO.
Their physical ability has more to do with the blood injection process, which most likely optimizes the Z blood buff as opposed to inheriting a 1/2 FH's blood or less via genetical lottery.
Also, iirc, the main criteria for chosing a princess is compatiblity with Z blood.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I think it's more complexe than that, princesses physical ability isn't just superior to DDs, it stands on a whole another level and is usualy superior to even Rankers as regulars. Using this logic, Zahard should be >>>>>> Yurin or any other FH physically speaking, which doesn't make sens IMO.
Their physical ability has more to do with the blood injection process, which most likely optimizes the Z blood buff as opposed to inheriting a 1/2 FH's blood or less via genetical lottery.
Also, iirc, the main criteria for chosing a princess is compatiblity with Z blood.
Regular Princesses can be superior to an average Ranker but we don't know at which level exactly. A Rank Regular Princesses being physically superior to Rankers I can see it. But not all of them at any level. It's not like we can know what is the average level of a Ranker durability-wise anyway.

I am not interested in trying to gauge how superior Zahard is to his peers physically. But it's been established that he is. Yurin also is clearly the N.2 in that department.

The main criteria isn't compatibility with his blood. It's talent. Laura accepted the MS's deal to ensure that her kid would be gifted enough to be accepted as Princess.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Regular Princesses can be superior to an average Ranker but we don't know at which level exactly. A Rank Regular Princesses being physically superior to Rankers I can see it. But not all of them at any level. It's not like we can know what is the average level of a Ranker durability-wise anyway.

I am not interested in trying to gauge how superior Zahard is to his peers physically. But it's been established that he is. Yurin also is clearly the N.2 in that department.

The main criteria isn't compatibility with his blood. It's talent. Laura accepted the MS's deal to ensure that her kid would be gifted enough to be accepted as Princess.
I think the bigger variably there is the ranker rather than the regular princess. The bit about princesses being physically stronger than rankers was said at around the time endorsi was engaging with quantz. So even a regular non DD princess can have physical capabilities in the ballpark of rankers. Though probably rankers that don't excel at physical durability.

I don't think it's necessarily the case that yurin is number 2 in terms of physical durability. It's definitely the case that the ha are pretty high up the pecking order but there's plenty of evidence the koon also have incredible physical strength. Not only ran stands out in this department but you also have SIU commenting on kisia's physical strength, data eduan being able to engage with zahard and even aguero has shown pretty high physical capacity. Add to that jinsung making the point that the ha are technicians. All things considered even if yurin is secong among the family heads in this department it's not necessarily the case that eduan or hon are distant thirds, odds are they are pretty close...

hblock

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire

Ofc, a princesses should be OP but compatibility with Z blood is what matters most and IMO both criteria are strongly correlated, if you're strong, then the chances of having compatibilty with Z blood are high and vice versa :
"The standards of being nominated as a Princess of Zahard include power, resourcefulness and appearance. But the most important factor evaluated is if the girl is capable of properly receiving his power." (source)

About the comparison between princesses and average DDs, what matters the most is that there's an insanely massive gap between a them physically speaking, like comparing a baby to a fully grown adult. Yet, Z is certainly not more than a cut or two stronger than a FH at best physically speaking. His exchanges with Edahn were pretty explicit. Said in other words, it's the whole process that makes Z princesses OP, not Z blood especially. It also means that Z princesses being this strong is completely irrelevant to establish a comparisong between Z and another FH in any department.

Furtheremore, there's no direct comparison between Z and Yurin or any other FH in this department. Maybe he's indeed stronger than Yurin physically as you said, maybe not. It was never really proved and Z princesses being physically overwhelming is irrelevant due to the whole selection process (only the best of the best are chosen before even the buff) and optimization in terms of blood injection.

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Ofc, a princesses should be OP but compatibility with Z blood is what matters most and IMO both criteria are strongly correlated, if you're strong, then the chances of having compatibilty with Z blood are high and vice versa :
"The standards of being nominated as a Princess of Zahard include power, resourcefulness and appearance. But the most important factor evaluated is if the girl is capable of properly receiving his power." (source)

About the comparison between princesses and average DDs, what matters the most is that there's an insanely massive gap between a them physically speaking, like comparing a baby to a fully grown adult. Yet, Z is certainly not more than a cut or two stronger than a FH at best physically speaking. His exchanges with Edahn were pretty explicit. Said in other words, it's the whole process that makes Z princesses OP, not Z blood especially. It also means that Z princesses being this strong is completely irrelevant to establish a comparisong between Z and another FH in any department.

Furtheremore, there's no direct comparison between Z and Yurin or any other FH in this department. Maybe he's indeed stronger than Yurin physically as you said, maybe not. It was never really proved and Z princesses being physically overwhelming is irrelevant due to the whole selection process (only the best of the best are chosen before even the buff) and optimization in terms of blood injection.
Hmmmm, I don't think the series has made the point that talent and power are related to compatibility. I feel like the context of that bit of lore is that obviously you can't be a princess if you aren't compatible with zahard's power. And from there they select the most promising talents. Otherwise they'd have simply made all viable candidates into princesses. Going a bit further into speculation this whole thing was originally set up so as to have zahard produce an heir so perhaps this step also works as a test to determine whether someone can bear zahard a child.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I think the bigger variably there is the ranker rather than the regular princess. The bit about princesses being physically stronger than rankers was said at around the time endorsi was engaging with quantz. So even a regular non DD princess can have physical capabilities in the ballpark of rankers. Though probably rankers that don't excel at physical durability.

I don't think it's necessarily the case that yurin is number 2 in terms of physical durability. It's definitely the case that the ha are pretty high up the pecking order but there's plenty of evidence the koon also have incredible physical strength. Not only ran stands out in this department but you also have SIU commenting on kisia's physical strength, data eduan being able to engage with zahard and even aguero has shown pretty high physical capacity. Add to that jinsung making the point that the ha are technicians. All things considered even if yurin is secong among the family heads in this department it's not necessarily the case that eduan or hon are distant thirds, odds are they are pretty close...
It was stated back then but it doesn't mean that it was the case for her. There is no way Androssi had Ranker tier physical abilities back then. Even now I don't think she does.

The Ha are definitely the ones with superior physical abilities among the 10F, that's their thing. 10F members all have great physical abilities in the first place, which is why I didn't believe that Baam was one of their descendants.

You mentioned Ran, but Ran himself isn't your regular Khun DD. He is exceptional even among them. When Khun Family members talents are highlighted, it's mainly due to Spear Bearing skills. Everything that applies to Eduan doesn't apply to his descendants. He is an Irregular, they are worlds apart.

I don't think it's a stretch to believe that the weakest FH(physically) has better physical abilities than any Towerborn. Eduan has at least three Shinsoo Attributes, is the best Spear Bearer(disregarding Enryu) and is top 3 among the FH in melee combat with Yurin and Hon.

Again, I am not trying to gauge how big the difference is between them all. But Zahard and Yurin are clearly the Top 2 in terms of physical abilities. Just like Blossom and Gustang are the two best Wave Controllers.

You are overthinking IMO. I doubt that you can be selected to be a Princess(not a candidate, the winner) but unable to get the blood. Unless there is a quick method to know if someone is compatible it doesn't work. They only pick people with great talents as potential candidates to begin with so it should apply to all the candidates even.

It's talent first, then they have their trials and the winner goes through the process. Elaine wasn't selected as a candidate because they checked her compatibility, it was because she manifested Fenryl. For Androssi, they picked several other talented people and made them kill each others. For the LPB Twins(they weren't expecting twins in the first place),Traumerei and Laura wanted someone born talented enough to be picked as a Princess candidate. I think the blood thing is mainly about the age, it has to happen when they are very young because they probably can't get it anymore after a certain age.

Who do we even now in the cast who would qualify as an average DD and has enough feats? Among the cast I can only think of Novick and he didn't do much(isn't a confirmed DD too). A.A isn't a DD.

I don't know why you believe that the strength gap of a Zahard Princess and a DD is similar to an adult and a child but I am not too interested in that. Again, I am not trying to gauge how big is the gap between their physical abilities. All I am saying is that Zahard and Yurin are the top two in that department. The physical abilities of a Zahard Princess are clearly superior to those of a Ha. The best are picked to become Princesses but not all Princesses have the same talents. A Princess candidate might be on the weaker side physically but excellent in other areas like Shinsoo Manipulation etc. With the Zahard buff she'll still end up becoming a monster physically. This is the one trait they all share, not Golden Needle Shinsoo or anything. Just that. Zahard is the quintessential Fisherman.

Why are people so particular about this I wonder. It's not different from saying that Zahard, Yurin, Hon and Eduan> the rest of the Irregulars others in terms of physical abilities. Or that Blossom> Gustang in Shinsoo Manipulation. I am not trying to gauge how big the gap is. I just reread the chapter where they fought and it wasn't very long plus there was more than simply physical abilities involved.

Hmmmm, I don't think the series has made the point that talent and power are related to compatibility. I feel like the context of that bit of lore is that obviously you can't be a princess if you aren't compatible with zahard's power. And from there they select the most promising talents. Otherwise they'd have simply made all viable candidates into princesses. Going a bit further into speculation this whole thing was originally set up so as to have zahard produce an heir so perhaps this step also works as a test to determine whether someone can bear zahard a child.
It's a very selective process to begin with. They don't want tons of Princesses.

Turtle hunter

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
France
Tension doesn't necessarily translate to more offensive power than someone else, there's plenty of stats at play here. With higher tension you can pack more power into a bang of course but overall firepower will ultimately also factor in at least the number and size of bangs as well.
As I said above, no. It's not that simple. We know V had the strongest Tension, right? What happens if he is focusing an attack and is planning to use it against Blossom, but Blossom's attack is superior in Myun and Soo? And she create can create more Baangs? Which attack would be stronger, then?

V is probably not even a Wave Controller since we saw him with a Needle, but only stronger Tension isn't enough for a move to be stronger.
I am not the most well versed in shinsoo but i think you guys are mixing different and forgetting thing too.

To begin there are 2 aspect that you guys forget regular shinsoo used by most people which follow a clear set of rule and shinsoo used by beastly talent.

For example while you average talented regular is bound by the rule Myun and soo and may have limit when creating bang, irregular main shinsoo power is linked to they shinwonryuu which as far as we saw until know can only be used one at time. So by that logic the number shinwonryuu doesn't make sense.

That also mean the power " tension " that you pack into one is one of the most definite attribute of what make you stronger. there is a reason why V was the irregular with the most tension and by " chance " was zahard only equal.

Second i am almost certain that the number argument ceased to be relevant when Hansung yu spoke about the blessing of people at jinsung or Kallavan level and how they could open as much as they wanted. Which show that at a higher level opening more bang than you opponent

The series has definitely not disproven that zahard does not have superior physical strength. Data eduan being able to engage with data zahard in cqc does not disprove anything. In the hidden floor arc any scratch or injury zahard took was treated as a big deal, even the scratch mascheny landed. Add to that bam being torpedoed across the arena every time zahard even threw a punch.
It actually did or maybe you are playing semantics, zahard is definitely above his peers. Zahard fighting Edhuan in cqc and Edhuan not having any problem definitely disprove that Zahard his superior in his physique than his peer.

If you want to make that argument then you would also have to make the argument that Edhuan also have a superior physique than his peers.

The rest of the argument is honestly irrelevant because it rely on fodder knowledge and same could be said to Edhuan, any scratch to his body would be treated as a big deal.

I don't even know why you would mention Maschenny when she is a fodder to a Irregular.

The reality is this, SIU has been hyping Zahard princess physique and how it is so strong because of Zahard blood while technically true, people just forget to think that it is the combination of Zahard and other irregular blood that make they body so strong.

Zahard so far is framed as a warrior who excels at everything. Superior physical strength even compared to his peers, a powerful shinsoo attribute, incredible shinsoo control (strictly inferior to at least gustang's and blosom's). We saw how zahard fougth at the data floor and we've seen bits of his true self doing things, he excels at everything (without necessarily being the best at everything). That said, I don't think zahard's shinsoo attribute is necessarily more potent or special than that of other family heads. Data eduan made the point his attributes were special even among his peers and barring retcons the lore makes the case arie swordsmanship is largely regarded as the strongest fighting style in the tower. It's entirely feasibly that hon's and eduan's attributes are more special than zahard's and zahard is still the stronger warrior. Alternatively it's entirely possible zahard has the most special attribute in the tower (personally I don't think it is).
This seem like the most likely answer. Zahard shinsoo attribute is either the best or he is the best overall all around.

I still want to make the case for the first one, to begin with we know for a fact needle are superior to sword in TOG and i don't think it is for nothing that Zahard the king has the best weapon.

Second the arie swordmanship being the most regarded style of fighting, while true this argument forget that Aria swordmanship is widly spread among his many children which contribute heavily to his popularity.

Let me ask you when is the last time someone fought someone using golden needle in TOG history ? yeaaaahhh .

Very likely it was at the genesis time.

So there is no way that it can be the match of Hon fighting style in popularity, i wouldn't be surprised if it isn't that know and that some may think that it is the lowest.

hblock

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
I don't know why you believe that the strength gap of a Zahard Princess and a DD is similar to an adult and a child but I am not too interested in that. Again, I am not trying to gauge how big is the gap between their physical abilities. All I am saying is that Zahard and Yurin are the top two in that department. The physical abilities of a Zahard Princess are clearly superior to those of a Ha.
t's not different from saying that Zahard, Yurin, Hon and Eduan> the rest of the Irregulars others in terms of physical abilities.
The "big gap" between prinesses and 10 family descendants is actually the most important factor. you should be interested if you're going to use princesses as an argument to justify Z's superiority to any other FH in this specific department.
That's what SIU said :
"The physical durability of the 10 Families is being discussed recently.
Even the 10 Families cannot be compared physically with Zahard's Princesses.
Most Regular Princesses have a lot higher physical durability than average Rankers.
"
Using this logic, Zahard should be >>>> Yurin in the pure physical department and should be able to casually one shot her with a half assed strike if they fight in a brawl. We know that's not the case, so your reasoning is wrong.
The reason why princesses are >>> 10 family descendants is mostly the process, not Z blood. Replace Z with another FH, the result would've been similar to a certain extent.

Who do we even now in the cast who would qualify as an average DD and has enough feats? Among the cast I can only think of Novick and he didn't do much(isn't a confirmed DD too). A.A isn't a DD.
Base Ran, Inieta (who is a bit stronger than average), Ihwa, etc. Folks like Laure, Rak (without the quality), Cassano, Horyang, etc should be all representative to what an average DD looks like.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Unless there is a quick method to know if someone is compatible it doesn't work.
Checking compatibility wouldn't have been mentionned if there wasn't a method to check.

Last edited:

Turtle hunter

Reaction score
Country
France
The "big gap" between prinesses and 10 family descendants is actually the most important factor. you should be interested if you're going to use princesses as an argument to justify Z's superiority to any other FH in this specific department.
That's what SIU said :
Most Regular Princesses have a lot higher physical durability than average Rankers.
"
Using this logic, Zahard should be >>>> Yurin in the pure physical department and should be able to casually one shot her with a half assed strike if they fight in a brawl. We know that's not the case, so your reasoning is wrong.
The reason why princesses are >>> 10 family descendants is mostly the process, not Z blood. Replace Z with another FH, the result would've been similar to a certain extent.
Finally someone get it.

We know regular who are peaked to be Zahard princess are already at the pinnacle when it come to durability.

yihwa and Ran are perfect example and if you add Zahard blood to those specimen then they body get a lot more ridiculous.

It is the blood of multiple irregular that make Zahard princess so strong, not Zahard blood.

Give Zahard blood to a non talented FH and they would only be able to reach the like of Ran or Anak at best.

Zahard isn't superior physically to his peers. This is just wrong.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I am not the most well versed in shinsoo but i think you guys are mixing different and forgetting thing too.

To begin there are 2 aspect that you guys forget regular shinsoo used by most people which follow a clear set of rule and shinsoo used by beastly talent.

For example while you average talented regular is bound by the rule Myun and soo and may have limit when creating bang, irregular main shinsoo power is linked to they shinwonryuu which as far as we saw until know can only be used one at time. So by that logic the number shinwonryuu doesn't make sense.

That also mean the power " tension " that you pack into one is one of the most definite attribute of what make you stronger. there is a reason why V was the irregular with the most tension and by " chance " was zahard only equal.

Second i am almost certain that the number argument ceased to be relevant when Hansung yu spoke about the blessing of people at jinsung or Kallavan level and how they could open as much as they wanted. Which show that at a higher level opening more bang than you opponent
One at a time? As in, one shiwonryu bang at a time? That's not a limitation irregulars have, we have seen bam and data zahard use tens of shinwonryu bangs at a time during their battle.

The maximum firepower someone has in the story so far is a factor of the number of bangs plus the size of said bangs plus the power packed into said bangs plus how concentrated said power is. That's why tension is not a definitive factor here, even if you have higher tension than someone you can potentially compensate with bang size or bang amount. Irregulars don't get to simply ignore the rules set in the tower for shinsoo control. Even the family heads can't control more shinsoo than their maximum allowed/capacity. The only exception so far is bam with his loop.

The story does not make the case, yet, that V was an equal to zahard. We don't even know what his attributes or combat style was... There's evidence that V used a needle but the series has not made the case that this was an attribute he had (though I would say it's likely it was his attribute). We also don't know what his specks were. Bam is an orb user but we do not have confirmation of which parent he got that from. Bam still favors mid range combat in general which doesn't exactly fit a needle...

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
That's what SIU said :
"
So, if you believe that the process makes makes them stronger than DD then why aren't the other 10F members doing the same? It makes no sense.

It doesn't mean that Zahard can stomp Yurin. Zahard and Yurin aren't Towerborns, they are Irregulars. The strongest, most talented Towerborn there is is still a fly to a FH, the amount the power they can have is limited. Does the Zahard Buff make them able to reach the level of Irregulars? No. And through Anak Jr.'s birth we know that this power is inherited. Regular Princesses have their own gifts to begin with since they don't pick average joes then get the Zahard Buff on top.

Between Androssi and Lilial and between Yuri and Tiara, who do you think has better physical abilities? I am sure you are going to reply Lilial and Yuri. But did they overwhelm their opponents in that area when they were fighting? No.

Base Ran, Inieta (who is a bit stronger than average), Ihwa, etc. Folks like Laure, Rak (without the quality), Cassano, Horyang, etc should be all representative to what an average DD looks like.

Checking compatibility wouldn't have been mentionned if there wasn't a method to check.
I don't know why you are saying "Base Ran". Ran isn't average, he is an excellent DD even among the Khuns, Inieta isn't a DD, Yihwa isn't an average DD either. We don't know if Laure is a DD but he has no relevant feats ATM. Rak, Cassano and Horyang aren't from the 10F (Rak wouldn't be average anyway). We can't just use them like that in this discussion.

Regarding compatibility, if you are talented enough you should be able to survive. I am saying that it's not going to be an important element in the story. Only talent and trials are. When we know that someone is a Princess Candidate, it means that she can go through the process by default.

The story of a Princess Candidate who won her place through the trials but failed in the end because she couldn't resist is probably something we'll never see.
The fact that a character is selected to be a Princess means that she is highly talented and that's what matters. Along with her test.

You can use several Shinwonryu Baangs. It's just harder. Baam used three Shiwonryu Orbs at once when he was fighting Data Zahard. It hasn't been stated that V was Zahard's equal. V can have better Tension but weaker attack power than Blossom because of inferior Myun, Soo and the number of Baangs.

Shinsoo Blessing means that your power stays the same no matter how many Baangs you create, it doesn't make the Baangs themselves weaker. When Ran was fighting Anak, because Anak created more Baangs, her Shinsoo Reinforcement became weaker and Ran used this opportunity to strike. When Baam, Jinsung and Kallavan create Baangs, their Shinsoo Reinforcement stays the same. Not everyone can do this, it's a special trait.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

One at a time? As in, one shiwonryu bang at a time? That's not a limitation irregulars have, we have seen bam and data zahard use tens of shinwonryu bangs at a time during their battle.

The maximum firepower someone has in the story so far is a factor of the number of bangs plus the size of said bangs plus the power packed into said bangs plus how concentrated said power is. That's why tension is not a definitive factor here, even if you have higher tension than someone you can potentially compensate with bang size or bang amount. Irregulars don't get to simply ignore the rules set in the tower for shinsoo control. Even the family heads can't control more shinsoo than their maximum allowed/capacity. The only exception so far is bam with his loop.

The story does not make the case, yet, that V was an equal to zahard. We don't even know what his attributes or combat style was... There's evidence that V used a needle but the series has not made the case that this was an attribute he had (though I would say it's likely it was his attribute). We also don't know what his specks were. Bam is an orb user but we do not have confirmation of which parent he got that from. Bam still favors mid range combat in general which doesn't exactly fit a needle...
V had a Needle(weapon) and an Orb Attribute at the very least. Data Eduan guessed that Baam's strong Tension was inherited from him and Data Zahard said that it's a shape for people with great Tension. Data Zahard also mentioned that he had never seen someone use Shinwonryu with an Orb externally so V didn't use it that way.

As of now, I think he was a Fisherman or Scout with Orb. And he was using Shinwonryu internally like Zahard.

Last edited:

big094

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
Im not sure if anyone cares, but im really starting to see that SIU has bitten off way more than he chew with this story.
There are a lot of interesting things going on(bam’s upcoming interaction with kirin and lobadon, gustang and traumerei regaining their memories), and a lot of less interesting things (the misadventures of gustangs memory book; etc). But how did we get there? Bam decided to go to the nest to retrieve his master, which led to a battle against zahards army and ultimately the lo po bia family. Now hes fighting against both the po bidau and lo po bia, while a new group the revolution seeking to pickup the scraps. That is nonsensical as well, say both traumerei and gustang fall, what purpose would bam have siding with the revolution at that point, unless they are completely subservient to him. Im sure SIU intends to connect all these dots, but can anyone see him tying it all together in a logical/interesting way? Right now it feels like the pacing is all over the place, as is this post, as i initially set out to comment that we saw recently that WGW has been rescued from the nest, what happened to other persons remaining there? Did kallavan simply return to the army after fighting his commander? Did Maschenny get away with all her antics? Has lefav been executed? Will these characters iust pop up again. With the stakes as high as they are, bam is surely going to be powerful enough to make all of these individuals irrelevant to him, what was the point of introducing all these people? I wont even mention the regulars, they need a whole other series to be relevant. Rant over!

Last edited:

OmegronAlpha

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
I got a question

What do you think what trait will Baam Descendant would inherit if Baam have a child.

We already see how 10 Familis which is descendant of Irregular has inherit some part of their progenitor.

Ice or Lightning Shinsu Attribute with Spear skill For Khun Family

Shinheuh Controlling For Lo Po Bia

And Etc

So what trait of Baam that possibly could be inherit by his descendant?

Thryss Ability?

Wave Controlling ?

Or what

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I got a question

What do you think what trait will Baam Descendant would inherit if Baam have a child.

We already see how 10 Familis which is descendant of Irregular has inherit some part of their progenitor.

Ice or Lightning Shinsu Attribute with Spear skill For Khun Family

Shinheuh Controlling For Lo Po Bia

And Etc

So what trait of Baam that possibly could be inherit by his descendant?

Thryss Ability?

Wave Controlling ?

Or what
It depends. We aren't even certain of the traits that Baam got from his parents or what is his main ability(yes you could say it's his ability to "devour" stuff but we don't know how it works exactly and it's probably something unique to him).

From V we know he got the Orb Attribute and high Tension. The resistance to spells might be something he inherited from his mother but again nothing is certain.

The Thryssa's powers shouldn't be traits which can be passed on but maybe the ability to absorb stuff can be inheroted. Good WC for sure.

Ignorant

Reaction score
Country
Dominican Republic
The ability to devour is from the god not genetics

her mom was probably the witch of the group
her dad was a fisherman probably more of a WC.

Rak

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
I re-read the last few chaps on webtoon, and I must admit that The Lo Po Bia Family is a mess. Or rather, SIU does not know where he is going.

For starter, after the first meeting between Baam and Elbaba, the later think in his head « I want to get back my privilege with the Family head, so if I can kill Laura and her daughters, hahaha ». How would that achieve that goal?

When Laura owned him at the station, her leverage was precisely that. « I have a recording. If the Head hear this, you are screwed ».

So what? Would Traumerei like him more if he were to kill them or not?

During this sequence, we learn that Traumerei went through a lot of efforts (relatively speaking) to produce princesses. Then, we hear in the same breath that he doesn’t care about anyone, all are pawns, and if the princesses would die, he would not care.

Elbaba, who is already on the bad side of Traumerei wants to gain his prestige again, but all he does is just super risky and has no benefits whatsoever (except for his childish revenge from more than 1000 years ago, because Laura mocked him a bit, hum hum).

Then, if I go back to the hotel part. How did Shilial and Lilial betray the family exactly? Their sole mistake was to be willing to flee with Baam on the submarine. But their reason for doing that was because they had already betrayed the family. How?

What was the point of the hotel part anyway. Shilial implied it was a test between the sisters to see who could tame the snakes. But Traumerei just wanted for Baam to marry one of them, I see no reasons for him to make things difficult. Someone has a better explanation?

Then the chess match. Kirin says that « no matter the result , the one who gets Baam, wins ».
We hear Traumerei is the best player. If he wins, will Gustang just submit? Hell, no.

Also, why was Ren so obsessed with Baam, they never had a beef, did they?

Basically, a lot of random things happened with no real consequences.

Or maybe someone can enlighten me?

I’m doing a separate post, but I’m also bothered by a few basic things.

How people evaluate the strength of others. Many times in the series, X or Y said that W or Z looks strong. We never got an explanation about that. We also never got an explanation about stamina, or if Shinsu can be spent. Stamina issues seem exclusive to Baam for no reason.

The thing that bothers me the most are the wounds. So we have Kallavan and Khell Hellram who got a big hole in their stomach but are fine. Evankhell gets the same hole, but it seems grievous. Hugo got obliterated but looks fine, she just could not move. A chapter later, and she looks as fresh as ever. We know nothing about the way they can heal their wounds either.

It just looks random. SIU needs an assistant, not for the drawings, but to check the inconsistencies and the overall plot.

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I re-read the last few chaps on webtoon, and I must admit that The Lo Po Bia Family is a mess. Or rather, SIU does not know where he is going.

For starter, after the first meeting between Baam and Elbaba, the later think in his head « I want to get back my privilege with the Family head, so if I can kill Laura and her daughters, hahaha ». How would that achieve that goal?

When Laura owned him at the station, her leverage was precisely that. « I have a recording. If the Head hear this, you are screwed ».

So what? Would Traumerei like him more if he were to kill them or not?

During this sequence, we learn that Traumerei went through a lot of efforts (relatively speaking) to produce princesses. Then, we hear in the same breath that he doesn’t care about anyone, all are pawns, and if the princesses would die, he would not care.

Elbaba, who is already on the bad side of Traumerei wants to gain his prestige again, but all he does is just super risky and has no benefits whatsoever (except for his childish revenge from more than 1000 years ago, because Laura mocked him a bit, hum hum).

Then, if I go back to the hotel part. How did Shilial and Lilial betray the family exactly? Their sole mistake was to be willing to flee with Baam on the submarine. But their reason for doing that was because they had already betrayed the family. How?

What was the point of the hotel part anyway. Shilial implied it was a test between the sisters to see who could tame the snakes. But Traumerei just wanted for Baam to marry one of them, I see no reasons for him to make things difficult. Someone has a better explanation?

Then the chess match. Kirin says that « no matter the result , the one who gets Baam, wins ».
We hear Traumerei is the best player. If he wins, will Gustang just submit? Hell, no.

Also, why was Ren so obsessed with Baam, they never had a beef, did they?

Basically, a lot of random things happened with no real consequences.

Or maybe someone can enlighten me?

I’m doing a separate post, but I’m also bothered by a few basic things.

How people evaluate the strength of others. Many times in the series, X or Y said that W or Z looks strong. We never got an explanation about that. We also never got an explanation about stamina, or if Shinsu can be spent. Stamina issues seem exclusive to Baam for no reason.

The thing that bothers me the most are the wounds. So we have Kallavan and Khell Hellram who got a big hole in their stomach but are fine. Evankhell gets the same hole, but it seems grievous. Hugo got obliterated but looks fine, she just could not move. A chapter later, and she looks as fresh as ever. We know nothing about the way they can heal their wounds either.

It just looks random. SIU needs an assistant, not for the drawings, but to check the inconsistencies and the overall plot.
Wasn't that just elbaba wanting his petty revenge on laura who talked shit about him?

It doesn't sound particularly likely either family head will just accept everything being settled by the game. Gustang has other reasons for wanting traumerei at the game's location so perhaps it doesn't even matter to him if he loses.

Rak

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Wasn't that just elbaba wanting his petty revenge on laura who talked shit about him?

It doesn't sound particularly likely either family head will just accept everything being settled by the game. Gustang has other reasons for wanting traumerei at the game's location so perhaps it doesn't even matter to him if he loses.
Mmh, I was pretty sure that he thought it would benefit his position, but I read again and I can't find that part, I must have been wrong on that one.
Elbaba is just a petty revenger. But he still said he wants to improve his position, and his beef with Laura won't help, in any case.

lazybum

Reaction score
Country
France
Mmh, I was pretty sure that he thought it would benefit his position, but I read again and I can't find that part, I must have been wrong on that one.
Elbaba is just a petty revenger.
I guess his pettiness is part he was ousted in the first place. His interactions with Baam and Laura show he isn't much, despite achieving HR status. A rotten apple among HR.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Elbaba is just a petty revenger. But he still said he wants to improve his position, and his beef with Laura won't help, in any case.
I think he said something about laura having already been discarded so it didn't matter if she died... I think translations were awkward around this part. Elbaba in the end is just a petty man interested only in his social status and laura, in perhaps not one of her brightest moments, decided to talk shit about a man who could reduce her to atoms with a thought. It's just a bad combination....