Art - Volume Cover and Official Art Thread | Page 70 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Arthurian Legends experts, is there anything about Thitis's lover in these stories? It's a name we could expect for Monspiet's reincarnation.

Rey151203

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Arthurian Legends experts, is there anything about Thitis's lover in these stories? It's a name we could expect for Monspiet's reincarnation.
thitis doesn't have one, just thetis from Greek mythology, but they are not the same in theory

It's more likely to be someone from the legends who has no relation to Thitis in any way, like Escanor and Merlin or King and Diane.

I hope the reincarnation of the monspeet be a knight of the round table

Vortigern

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Finland
I enjoyed the Thetis flashback. Hopefully she gets a slightly bigger role at some point and ideally one decent fight as well so we can see how she compares to her former self.

Mael didn't use the reincarnation spell on Monspiet IIRC but I guess he'll come back anyway.
It's possible to reincarnate without the spell as seen with Rou and Oslow, the spell just ensures that the person retains the memories of their previous life. This is presumably why Thetis had those dreams of her past. The fact that Mael didn't use the reincarnation spell on Monspeet means that the latter's reincarnation likely won't automatically remember anything about his time as a demon. I expect him to eventually regain his memories but that will probably involve some obstacles that need to be overcome first.

In particular I think Nakaba will probably try to invert the duo's dynamic in some way. In their previous lives it was Monspeet who was always looking out for Derieri so this time Thetis will have to return the favor. She'll have to find him and then make him remember who he is, which could make for an interesting conflict if Monspeet's reincarnation starts out as an antagonist. This inversion might also manifest as a change of their "classes" since Derieri the brawler became Thetis the mage. Monspeet was mostly a spellcaster so perhaps this time around he'll be more of a physical fighter. This reminds me of the fact that his initial design just after the TC were released from the seal actually had a rapier as a weapon. Perhaps Nakaba could revisit that idea and make Monspeet's reincarnation into a swordsman. I feel like the trickster theme would be a great fit for a swashbuckler who combines acrobatics and cunning with swordplay. His previous incarnation already had the moustache down, all the new version needs is an outfit straight out of the Three Musketeers with a feather hat and everything.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I enjoyed the Thetis flashback. Hopefully she gets a slightly bigger role at some point and ideally one decent fight as well so we can see how she compares to her former self.

It's possible to reincarnate without the spell as seen with Rou and Oslow, the spell just ensures that the person retains the memories of their previous life. This is presumably why Thetis had those dreams of her past. The fact that Mael didn't use the reincarnation spell on Monspeet means that the latter's reincarnation likely won't automatically remember anything about his time as a demon. I expect him to eventually regain his memories but that will probably involve some obstacles that need to be overcome first.

In particular I think Nakaba will probably try to invert the duo's dynamic in some way. In their previous lives it was Monspeet who was always looking out for Derieri so this time Thetis will have to return the favor. She'll have to find him and then make him remember who he is, which could make for an interesting conflict if Monspeet's reincarnation starts out as an antagonist. This inversion might also manifest as a change of their "classes" since Derieri the brawler became Thetis the mage. Monspeet was mostly a spellcaster so perhaps this time around he'll be more of a physical fighter. This reminds me of the fact that his initial design just after the TC were released from the seal actually had a rapier as a weapon. Perhaps Nakaba could revisit that idea and make Monspeet's reincarnation into a swordsman. I feel like the trickster theme would be a great fit for a swashbuckler who combines acrobatics and cunning with swordplay. His previous incarnation already had the moustache down, all the new version needs is an outfit straight out of the Three Musketeers with a feather hat and everything.
I know you can reincarnate without the spell, but it's that weird confidence that Monspiet has been reincarnated that I find strange.

Rey151203

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

and what kind of magic could he have? before his magic was tricks star and he was one of the best flamebenders, his Reincarnation being an agile swordsman what magic would he have

Yakkun

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I might have an unpopular take on the whole Monspiet reincarnation situation but I don't want him to return as a combatant at all. Even Thetis/Thitis is more of an advisor and uses her magic more for troop support rather than fighting or buffing fighters. She is more of a tactical operative than anything else and I want it to stay this way. The same with Monspiet. I like the idea that she tries to find him and has to make him remember who he was but I don't want either of them to be involved with fighting directly. Because that is what they wanted to escape from in their previous lives. And if they get looped back into it in the sequel then the whole reincarnation idea Nakaba came up with for them feels, I don't know, wasted?

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
But if he is just Human and not a Camelot supporter. Is there any potential for drama at all? It wouldn't be complicated for Thetis to retrieve a normal civilian.

Yakkun

Reaction score
Country
Germany
But if he is just Human and not a Camelot supporter. Is there any potential for drama at all? It wouldn't be complicated for Thetis to retrieve a normal civilian.
What, being a Camelot citizen makes you automatically militant? Look at Bors. Dude was just living a relatively normal life until he started to have doubts and wanted to leave. But he is not a fighter. At least not confirmed as one, so far. Why can't it be a similar situation with NotMonspiet?

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
What, being a Camelot citizen makes you automatically militant? Look at Bors. Dude was just living a relatively normal life until he started to have doubts and wanted to leave. But he is not a fighter. At least not confirmed as one, so far. Why can't it be a similar situation with NotMonspiet?
What I am saying is that if they meet and he is working for Camelot, his lack of strength is going to make it easy for her to take him by force and keep him as a prisoner. Bors wasn't really an enemy and was not a threat, he wanted to leave and was a bit rude.

Yakkun

Reaction score
Country
Germany
What I am saying is that if they meet and he is working for Camelot, his lack of strength is going to make it easy for her to take him by force and keep him as a prisoner. Bors wasn't really an enemy and was not a threat, he wanted to leave and was a bit rude.
And then? Think keeping him as a prisoner is going to make him remember and fall in love with her now any easier? If you question was "where is the potential for drama" then I got it right here.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
And then? Think keeping him as a prisoner is going to make him remember and fall in love with her now any easier? If you question was "where is the potential for drama" then I got it right here.
I don't know about easier, but I think it's a boring development. Hard for me to imagine an exciting story if he is just caught and they keep talking in the dungeon.

Or maybe I should say that I can, but I don't think it's Nakaba's style to do that.

Rey151203

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I might have an unpopular take on the whole Monspiet reincarnation situation but I don't want him to return as a combatant at all. Even Thetis/Thitis is more of an advisor and uses her magic more for troop support rather than fighting or buffing fighters. She is more of a tactical operative than anything else and I want it to stay this way. The same with Monspiet. I like the idea that she tries to find him and has to make him remember who he was but I don't want either of them to be involved with fighting directly. Because that is what they wanted to escape from in their previous lives. And if they get looped back into it in the sequel then the whole reincarnation idea Nakaba came up with for them feels, I don't know, wasted?
this is a battle shounen, he is normal which would be a real waste, like wtf? and unlike thetis, he is not monspeet, everything will be different, he has no memories so he doesn't have the same desires , It's better for the story that he is a camelot warrior
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

exactly because it has bors that it should not repeat the same plot of normal guy
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Speaking of unpopular theory, what I'm going to say is really pure theory:

the Reincarnation of monspeet if it is the name of an RT knight Will be one of Gawain's brothers

Yakkun

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I don't know about easier, but I think it's a boring development. Hard for me to imagine an exciting story if he is just caught and they keep talking in the dungeon.

Or maybe I should say that I can, but I don't think it's Nakaba's style to do that.
Your lack of imagination is not my responsibility :hee

this is a battle shounen, he is normal which would be a real waste, like wtf? and unlike thetis, he is not monspeet, everything will be different, he has no memories so he doesn't have the same desires , It's better for the story that he is a camelot warrior

exactly because it has bors that it should not repeat the same plot of normal guy
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Speaking of unpopular theory, what I'm going to say is really pure theory:

the Reincarnation of monspeet if it is the name of an RT knight Will be one of Gawain's brothers

First off, just because someone is a noncombatant doesn't mean it has to be boring. And not everyone in a battle shounen has to be a super powerful fighter armed to the teeth. Whether Nakaba can write that however is another story. Elizabeth has plenty potential and was most of the time a pacifist throughout the series yet remained an interesting character. Could've certainly done better with but for what it was she passed the proof of concept.

As for Bors, he was just an example, he really hasn't done much yet. We don't even know if he will become a mainstay for this manga. Him being a normal dude isn't a bad thing per se, though.

And your theory, what are you basing it on? Or are you just shooting into the blue?

Rey151203

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
And your theory, what are you basing it on? Or are you just shooting into the blue?
the 2 things lol, it's because if he's a knight of legends and knight of chaos here I assume he's one of gawain's brothers, Gareth gaheris and agravain the other sons of kay possibly

and also that gareth is an important character, the four evils are from his story and he is the one who defeats them, and was already written and made by nakaba in a old manga, so he must appear have something different to have any importance , and why not be monspeet?

Yakkun

Reaction score
Country
Germany
the 2 things lol, it's because if he's a knight of legends and knight of chaos here I assume he's one of gawain's brothers, Gareth gaheris and agravain the other sons of kay possibly

and also that gareth is an important character, the four evils are from his story and he is the one who defeats them, and was already written and made by nakaba in a old manga, so he must appear have something different to have any importance , and why not be monspeet?
I see. As always, there is not a single interpretation or version of the Arthurian myth or the myths, since it contains several stories in different styles. I think this is one of the strong points Nakaba can benefit from, he can mix and match several mythical versions and also take his own spin on things so almost nothing is impossible. So yeah, why not? As long as it is well-written I am open for almost anything.

Samael Morningstar

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
India
Hmm so Beltreipe cutting through space fabric itself is confirmed then.