Year Round Basketball Thread + NBA Fantasy League

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,844
Reaction score
16,825
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Seems this post is pinned so here are the 2025/26 award predictions that I've received so far! If you haven't sent already then feel free to shoot me your list!

 
Last edited:

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: NBA thread

i lol'd at the brand-76ers thing. baron wanted to go to the clippers because brand was there in the first place. he fucked up
 

KnuckleheadedNinja

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 25, 2007
Messages
5,576
Reaction score
2,079
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Re: NBA thread

i lol'd at the brand-76ers thing. baron wanted to go to the clippers because brand was there in the first place. he fucked up
yeah the same thing i told my brother. Baron shouldn't have sign until he was sure Brand is going to remain a clipper.
 

Hollow Kurono

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2007
Messages
2,067
Reaction score
64
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Re: NBA thread

Well Baron is a lucky man now,even if Brand left,they got Camby and they still have Kaman,this could turn out as a good year for the Clippers.I never thought Ill find Kobe haters here on mh :D
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: NBA thread

So 11 NBA players have left for European teams this season. Carlos Arroyo just signed for Macambi and the list keeps growing.

I have to make a confession, if Olympiacos does bring a Kobe or Lebron in 2010 with 40 mill.. I'm going to have to abandon the team of my heart AEK and proudly wear the red.. But honestly, I don't see it happening. Although Lebron did say he wants to be the first billionare sports star.. and with 20 million a year in the NBA vs 40/50 million euros here.. he would get there faster, he could even buy an NBA team in 7 years with that salary =p (probably 5 with the shirt and merchandise sales).

Actually.. now that I think about the conversion, he could definately buy a team in 5 years with that salary. The Milwaukee Bucks sell for less than 350 million dollars..
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: NBA thread

those guys would never leave the nba... yeah the pay is incredible but those guys don't do it for the money anymore. some of the players like childress and arroyo (damn arroyo was pretty good) probably felt they won't advance in the nba with their current status, but guys like kobe and lebron and AI are obsessed about winning championships and being HoFrs and chasing the jordan throne etc. and really there's no tougher competition than nba basketball, it depends in the end for the player if he chooses the money or the passion

i could see shaq doing it though, dunno


on second thought, fuck this shit, lebron would consider it: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3520860&campaign=rsssrch&source=espn

he needs to develop that jumpshot first before his ego
 
Last edited:

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: NBA thread

Haha, I love how everyone has such a high pedestal for these NBA stars and the Jordan dream, and such a bad idea of European Basketball.

The truth is, if European Basketball wasn't good enough for NBA players, the US would still be the "dream team" it used to be. I'm not saying it's not still good, but I don't see it as unbeatable. Greece had no NBA players when it beat US, Spain still has most of its players in European countries, many Argentinian players start out in Europe before going to the NBA.

And don't forget, if an NBA player comes here, rarely does he maintain the scoring/rebounding/assist averages he gets in the NBA. European basketball is a lot tougher for a player like Kobe to score points, for example his 80 point game would be impossible in the european championship because everyone plays defense, and they would prefer to foul out the entire team rather than let him have easy shots.


So.. I've been reading some articles today and I think it's pretty likely Lebron/Kobe will come for one or two years..

Olympiacos and CSKA Moscow are in talks with his manager for 2010.. and he mentioned 50 million, which.. honestly both clubs have, I just don't know if they would be willing to give it to him. But even if he does come, it would be for one or two years, I doubt for any longer, unless he discovers something he likes better in European basketball than the NBA (like losing the title at the end XD, I would love that then he would have even more reason to cry).
 
Last edited:

Hollow Kurono

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2007
Messages
2,067
Reaction score
64
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Re: NBA thread

Oh shit,Kobe wont go for surgery,he will leave the pinky as it is,shit I just hope it doesnt get worse,cause if it does,hes can be out,for a long time.But I think the pinky isnt botherin him nomore,or not as is it did when it first happened :)
 

KnuckleheadedNinja

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 25, 2007
Messages
5,576
Reaction score
2,079
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Re: NBA thread

Oh shit,Kobe wont go for surgery,he will leave the pinky as it is,shit I just hope it doesnt get worse,cause if it does,hes can be out,for a long time.But I think the pinky isnt botherin him nomore,or not as is it did when it first happened :)
I hope it get worse and miss the whole season. That will make my year. Yeah, i'm anti-kobe.
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: NBA thread

Who is your pick this season guys? Let's list the powerhouse teams:

1. Celtics
2. Lakers
3. Houston
4. Cleveland
5. Spurs
6. Dallas
7. Utah
8. Phoenix
9. Portland

I pick Houston or Portland. man, dont dissapoint me Greg
 

Hollow Kurono

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2007
Messages
2,067
Reaction score
64
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Re: NBA thread

I hope it get worse and miss the whole season. That will make my year. Yeah, i'm anti-kobe.

And whys that?

Who is your pick this season guys? Let's list the powerhouse teams:

1. Celtics
2. Lakers
3. Houston
4. Cleveland
5. Spurs
6. Dallas
7. Utah
8. Phoenix
9. Portland

I pick Houston or Portland. man, dont dissapoint me Greg

Yeah Houston should be very good if Yao stays healthy,cause if Yao is healthy second round is guarante,its a guarante,Ron said if I go to houston we will win a championship :D oh well good luck.I still am going with Denver,I believe in Carmelo.Marcus is out,so hell take the leader roll,he promised hed be a different player this year.
 

Fugitive

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2006
Messages
278
Reaction score
25
Gender
Hidden
Country
Antarctica
Re: NBA thread

Wow... Detroit is not in that list of "power house" teams, but Cleveland is? Go Mo Williams... So we make our picks off that farce of a list?
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: NBA thread

Wow... Detroit is not in that list of "power house" teams, but Cleveland is? Go Mo Williams... So we make our picks off that farce of a list?
whoops, forgot the pistons. but you cant downplay cleveland now, can you? they may not win 50 games but bron can match up to any of those teams, agree?
 

Fugitive

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2006
Messages
278
Reaction score
25
Gender
Hidden
Country
Antarctica
Re: NBA thread

Yeah, I'm more excited now to watch the Eastern Conference.
1. Celtics
2. Pistons
3. Cleveland
4. 76ers

It's a toss-up for the 5 spot. Fuck Orlando. Rest of the teams suck, but may be interesting to watch because of trades and the draft. I'm definitely interested in watching the Miami Heat with a healthy Wade, rookie Beasley, and hopefully a Marion that is now comfortable playing with the Heat. Oh, and I guess Mario Chalmers as well. See how he works out at the one spot.

Yeah man, I'm excited for the Cavs. See what Mo Williams does. How he works out with Lebron. Too bad they lost Joe Smith, but this Cleveland team could be very strong this season.

My team is the Detroit Pistons all the way. And with there acquisition of Kwame Brown and resigning of Walter "My hands are larger than my feet" Hermann, they'll dominate every team they play.

In the special olympics... Thanks Joe D.
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: NBA thread

It's official.. the rest of the world is in financial crisis, and Greece (Olympiacos) is offering 60 Million for 3 years to Kobe,

I originally misread the article because it was badly translated, but apparently he'll get a private jet, his NBA pension, the option to opt out and bonuses. Also there will be a new stadium built and etc.
This doesn't include t-shirts, shoes etc.

I never realized there was so much money in Greece, but I can understand it based on the spending of money with their football club this season. I hope they raise the offer and get him, it would be fun to watch him in the Euroleague, except tickets will skyrocket to 200E a game...
 
Last edited:

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: NBA thread

It's official.. the rest of the world is in financial crisis, and Greece (Olympiacos) is offering 60 Million for 3 years to Kobe
is that true man? but kobe himself said it, back when they were discussing some of the players going overseas, and they asked kobe if he would, he said he'd consider but certainly not right now, he said the lakers are still on a championship run and he's not gonna leave this team unless he gets that trophy
 

Hollow Kurono

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2007
Messages
2,067
Reaction score
64
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Re: NBA thread

It's official.. the rest of the world is in financial crisis, and Greece (Olympiacos) is offering 60 Million for 3 years to Kobe,

I originally misread the article because it was badly translated, but apparently he'll get a private jet, his NBA pension, the option to opt out and bonuses. Also there will be a new stadium built and etc.
This doesn't include t-shirts, shoes etc.

I never realized there was so much money in Greece, but I can understand it based on the spending of money with their football club this season. I hope they raise the offer and get him, it would be fun to watch him in the Euroleague, except tickets will skyrocket to 200E a game...


Woooow,now that is sick,Ive heard about it,but never heard it was this sick.A privite plane? :D crazy.I still doubt Kobe will go there.
 

Dash4

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
47
Reaction score
6
Gender
Male
Country
New Zealand
Re: NBA thread

All I know about the NBA is the fact that it stands for National Basketball Association. What it is famous for is the players such as Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant.
 

Fugitive

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2006
Messages
278
Reaction score
25
Gender
Hidden
Country
Antarctica
Re: NBA thread

^Thank you above poster for your insight.^

Anyways...

I think it's still a rumor. I don't think that Olympiacos has put out an official statement saying that the offer is legit and has been put forward. ESPN doesn't even have an official story mentioning the offer. And on Henry Abbott's TrueHoop blog he mentions that the media outlets that say the offer is official have very sketchy sources.

Regardless if the offer is official or not, he's not leaving LA any time soon.
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: NBA thread

Yea I read his response that he isn't even considering leaving, but Olympiacos really did put forth that offer, just not to his manager, in general it made the announcement that it was their first offer.

I hope they raise it, because it is still low.

I forgot to mention, they're giving him his own Villa. By the way, the 60 is clean (tax exempt/after taxes I guess) and in Greece if you have your own house and car, you really don't have over 2000E expenses a month while living like a king (clubbing every night, buying 40 shots etc) And that is IF he's a party person. Aside from that the president would constantly treat him to party's and stuff.. plus.. in Greece the women are hot and walk around half naked at the beaches. It is one of Kobe's weaknesses =p
 

Hollow Kurono

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2007
Messages
2,067
Reaction score
64
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Re: NBA thread

Anybody seen the slam top 50 players?That list is just a bole of crap,I mean players that suposed to be better then other get a higher place,its insane.

Tony Parker and Manu over T-Mac and Caron Butler?
 
Top