- Joined
- Oct 15, 2007
- Messages
- 6,247
- Reaction score
- 2,771
- Gender
- Hidden
- Country
-
Re: xxxHolic 167 Discussion/168 Prediction Thread
This chapter makes me wonder what event is going to take place at the shop at which time she will abandon the shop. Yuuko seemed genuinely worried about this event and being able to protect her collected items until then. Yuuko seeming worried does not give me a good feeling. Hopefully, whatever the event, she will make it out of this series alive. If Yuuko dies by the end of this series, I will be devastated.
I agree. This chapter was made to be read in tandem with TRC 201. This chapter clears up many of the lingering mysteries that I had from reading TRC 201 like whether or not Sakura and Syaoran of CCS are still alive.Folks,
Like some have already mentioned in the last ch discussion/prediction thread, the linkage between this ch & the TRC ch 201 has been more than a "hitsuzen". I look forward to seeing CLAMP to unfold the future/final break-thru of Watanuki/Sayoran.
This chapter makes me wonder what event is going to take place at the shop at which time she will abandon the shop. Yuuko seemed genuinely worried about this event and being able to protect her collected items until then. Yuuko seeming worried does not give me a good feeling. Hopefully, whatever the event, she will make it out of this series alive. If Yuuko dies by the end of this series, I will be devastated.

Not just the part you mentioned about using your reality to make your dream become reality (although I am sure this will come up again and be important), but I also think the end where Watanuki wants to grant Yuuko's wish will also be of importance.
It would likely make a difference and also make perhaps a better parallel. Watanuki in that chapter states that he wants to grant Yuuko's wish, effectively wishing to make her wish his wish (in a way), whereas I think FWR is manipulating events to try to get Syaoran's wish to match his own so that his own wish will be granted.

Oh CLAMP is confusing.