Shounen Akumetsu by Tabata Yoshiaki & Yugo Yuuki (v18)

paradoxe

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2008
Messages
344
Reaction score
21
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Hong Kong
Anyone else read this manga? Can't believe there isn't a thread for this already..

Its really good actually, a little like Death Note. I finished all 64 scanlated chapters on Onemanga today..can't wait till the next comes out.

:p
 

hlcws

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 18, 2008
Messages
12
Reaction score
2
Gender
Hidden
Country
Germany
Re: Akumetsu

I've just read 11 chapters. Don't like it.
Too simple and one-dimensional, with all the cliché and immature stereotypes.

More like Zorro than Death Note, really.
 

paradoxe

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2008
Messages
344
Reaction score
21
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Hong Kong
Re: Akumetsu

Guess you have to read further..=/

Its really not cliched..and has a lot more depth compared to the likes of Death Note and Code Geass..
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Moved this manga from seinen to shounen :p

Also added the complete status, volume count and the mangaka names to the thread title^^
 

Stop

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 23, 2008
Messages
185
Reaction score
6
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I think you mean death note is a little like akumetsu it came out first...
 

paradoxe

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2008
Messages
344
Reaction score
21
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Hong Kong
It works both ways. And I know which came out first :P

I'm pretty sure this series is Seinen. Just check out the amount of violence and blood in it, the fact that it is aimed at adult population and also features some pretty mature ideas..
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
I'm pretty sure this series is Seinen. Just check out the amount of violence and blood in it, the fact that it is aimed at adult population and also features some pretty mature ideas..
The content of a manga has nothing to say about the official demographic and violence is no indicator for being seinen. There are plenty of non-violent and even fluffy romance seinen :p

Akumetsu was serialized in Weekly Shounen Champion which is, as the name indicates, a shounen magazine. Manga get merely classified by the magazine or imprint, not by the actual content. The Japanese demographics are not an age ranking systems per se. You can see it as mature shounen, if you want. Shounen can be targeting younger and older teenage boys. There are even very bloody and mature shoujo manga (rape, prostitution, murder) for older girls which can't be compared to the highschool fluff romance for the younger female audience.
 
Last edited:

paradoxe

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2008
Messages
344
Reaction score
21
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Hong Kong
Series Info
Title: Akumetsu
OM Rank: 66
Categories: action, seinen
Its aimed at younger adults, so its seinen isn't it?

No matter :P

Wow can't believe noone reads this.
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Its aimed at younger adults, so its seinen isn't it?
It's aimed at (older) teenage boys. Onemanga classifieds it incorrectly. A manga running in a shounen magazine is a shounen ^^

There is, however, even a difference in shounen magazines. Some aim at younger boys, some at older and thus can feature quite mature series which come close to manga for young adults. As I said, don't confuse the demographics with age ranking. It's not the same and most importantly says nothing about the quality of the manga.

Wow can't believe noone reads this.
Hm, I can sticky it as featured manga next month. Remind me on it, please >.<
 

Darek Khort

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2007
Messages
612
Reaction score
88
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I can't believe it either. When Akumetsu was first put on OneManga I had started reading it and was keeping up with it. I forgot about it after a few months of intense exams and just got back to it this week reading up to the current chapter. I totally love Akumetsu, and so can you!

Currently though it seems pretty wacked. I don't know how Shou is going to get people to like Akumetsu after all those head-explosions. Plus I really want to see people's reactions once they find out that Akumetsu is but one person. :o

P.S. - MH's database also says Seinen;
http://mangahelpers.com/m/akumetsu

[eni]Because a large part of the entries were done by section, so this one was done when it was still wrong in seinen. Corrected. [/eni]
 
Last edited by a moderator:

paradoxe

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2008
Messages
344
Reaction score
21
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Hong Kong
Which groups are currently Editing this?

Hm, I can sticky it as featured manga next month. Remind me on it, please >.<
;D
 

kaostheory

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 2, 2009
Messages
10
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
United States
This is a great mange much more intriguing than Death Note simply because you have no idea of what this guy is going to do next because you barely know him. This manga has very little character development but when reading this you just want to know what he does next and just how gory it will be. This manga with its logic sorta makes me want to do a Akumetsu right now on bank managers.
 

paradoxe

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2008
Messages
344
Reaction score
21
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Hong Kong
Hm, I can sticky it as featured manga next month. Remind me on it, please >.<
So can we feature this? =)
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Re: [FEATURED SERIES] Akumetsu by Tabata Yoshiaki & Yugo Yuuki (v18)

*sticks as featured completed series for January*

^^
 

Darek Khort

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2007
Messages
612
Reaction score
88
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: [FEATURED SERIES] Akumetsu by Tabata Yoshiaki & Yugo Yuuki (v18)

Woo! Featured! (although I don't like the current talking-no-fighting chapters. :< )
 

tradedaemon

Translator
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2006
Messages
73
Reaction score
4
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: [FEATURED SERIES] Akumetsu by Tabata Yoshiaki & Yugo Yuuki (v18)

I tend to like them, then it just makes the action all the more awesome. Plus, we get to see just how evil the politicians are, and then feel even more justified at them dieing.
 

paradoxe

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2008
Messages
344
Reaction score
21
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Hong Kong
Re: [FEATURED SERIES] Akumetsu by Tabata Yoshiaki & Yugo Yuuki (v18)

I wonder whether real life politics is like this.
 

tradedaemon

Translator
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2006
Messages
73
Reaction score
4
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: [FEATURED SERIES] Akumetsu by Tabata Yoshiaki & Yugo Yuuki (v18)

I was just reading an article in the New York times i think, about a girl who made a mock myspace page to make fun of her vice principle, for a laugh. She got sentenced to 3 months in juvie. Turns out, the judge that sentenced her and another had accepted a bunch of money from two corrections institutions to have the judges send kids to their facilities. So yes, pretty close I think.
 

sabret00the

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2006
Messages
1,736
Reaction score
216
Age
46
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I'm guessing my last reply wasn't deemed significant enough for this thread so I'll try again.

I'm absolutely loving this manga and raving about it to anyone that will listen. The things that it's talking about aren't only plaguing Japan, but they're plauging economies the world over. Even at my current age, I find myself somewhat envious of the chance Japan has been given. I'm most certainly want to see this made into a movie and hitters cinemas in the west. It's a lot of thinking that can be done. When we look at what the bankers are doing and will be allowed to do again, it's sad and this manga deals with that. It inspires everyone to want to take responsibility. Do I support the course of action that was taken in this manga? Hell Yeah!

Can't wait to see how it finishes, 152 came out yesterday btw.
 
Top