Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I can't understand this but with muhyo to roujie I didn't have a wow factor from the protagonist's looks either. I don't know if you have read muhyo but muhyo (and bokke prolly) aren't the manga of a wow protagonist. We certainly can't speak about bokke yet. But what I like about nishi and muhyo was mainly his story and his art (indirectly char design too)... Make it especially his story, that was the WOW

So if bokke has a good story, why not a run of +10 volumes
no i haven't read muhyo i just make up opinions XD

nah i'm an avid fan, and somethign about the aloof looks of muhyo and his massive grin and roji's constantly fretting face made them instantly interesting. bokke-san's protag....... kinda bland looking...
 

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
7,318
Reaction score
3,462
Gender
Male
Country
Bavaria
the description of Bokkesan from Jumpland:
"What was the "incident" that involved high school student Hinomiya!? The taboo is lifted!! A Japanesque suspense drama!!"

dunno if it's useful, just thought I'd post what I stumbled upon :amuse
 

fxu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2007
Messages
847
Reaction score
1,103
Gender
Male
Country
Uruguay
I had somebody scan it for me... here ya go

 

Sexy Randal 105

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2007
Messages
1,052
Reaction score
37
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
And what's wrong with that? (Gash Bell fan)
I always described Gash Bell as Pokemon but with little kids instead of monsters. In short, it's Pedomon. =P

But on another note, I wish I could get the Bobobo x Obata and the Death Note x Sawaii oneshots on Jumpland, but they hate macs. XD
 
Last edited:

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
294
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I always described Gash Bell as Pokemon but with little kids instead of monsters. In short, it's Pedomon. =P
Not really: the series gets a lot more in depth in the characters and why they're fighting, getting us to know them before sending them back. (I think people just try to find reasons to make pedo jokes for some stupid reason though no matter the chance...I'm friggin sick of that bear)
 

Sexy Randal 105

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2007
Messages
1,052
Reaction score
37
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
WEll, I won't argue, because I've only seen a little bit of it on TV. =P
 

Heiji-sama

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Jump #04-05 (22/12) :
6 derniers :
Naoshi Komi (Double Arts) / Apple (One Shot)
Inudashi
Neuro
To Love
Askelpios
Jaguar

Jump #06-07 (05/01) :
Naruto (Pc)
Baku-man (Pc)
Kyôsuke Usuta / One Shot
 

Sexy Randal 105

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2007
Messages
1,052
Reaction score
37
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Wooo! Inumaru in the gutter! Life is good! I assume Psyren is above the oneshot. >_>
 

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
294
Gender
Male
Country
United States
At least Inumaru is finally going down...maybe. But somehow I'm a bit more worried for To-Love (mostly since unlike Neuro, it has no ending really plotted out yet...though it could still happen at any time now).
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Inumaru found it's home, life is good! I'm so glad Mago's out of the basement and that garbage is in :D

So far the new series are very good this year. Meister and Kuroko are both strong series, hopefully they won't die.
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
so either mago or psyren or sket... or even reborn sits at the peak of the bottom 5 i assume. always fun to see who.

and i still have no problem with inumaru dash. it's kinda funny at times to me. not adventurous though... unless the writing is really creative.

now i gotta say this, cause no-one else has bothered:

KYOSUKE USUTA'S DOING ANOTHER FUCKING ONE SHOT! after shoulder tackle i've really been looking forward to another piece of random side work from the jaguar genius, so this pleases me to no end.

and i'm still praying that Bokke-san sucks, cause both of the sports series to appear these past weeks are clinging onto me viciously (though kuroko no basket is gonna need... one more chapter to prove itself... meister just gets better and better so.... i'm a fanboy)
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
and i'm still praying that Bokke-san sucks, cause both of the sports series to appear these past weeks are clinging onto me viciously (though kuroko no basket is gonna need... one more chapter to prove itself... meister just gets better and better so.... i'm a fanboy)
QFT. Both sports series have seriously hooked me. I'm giving Meister the edge based on being able to read three great chapters rather than one but Kuroko seems so original, and has such interesting characters, that it should keep up. While I also hope Bokke sucks just so both sports series survive, hopefully it's better then the crappy series currently in the back. I'd be happy if all three new series have time to develop while ToRa, Asklepios, and Inumaru are the next to go.
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
we're slowly approaching a point in jump where even the low ranking series are excellent i swear.... give it a year and if some of the long runners haven't gone away then there'll be no winning with cancellations anymore...
 

Sexy Randal 105

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2007
Messages
1,052
Reaction score
37
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Kuroko was so bland to me. I think I even liked Dogashi better. I really think Kuroko is going to be the first bomb of the new year. I also hear that Asklepios is reaching a conclusion from the guys in the thread. It seems Psyren dodges the bullet again, because it seems that other series are making a nice cushion for it (to-love, Neuro, Inumaru, Asklepios, etc)
 

predsfan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
843
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Kuroko was so bland to me. I think I even liked Dogashi better. I really think Kuroko is going to be the first bomb of the new year. I also hear that Asklepios is reaching a conclusion from the guys in the thread. It seems Psyren dodges the bullet again, because it seems that other series are making a nice cushion for it (to-love, Neuro, Inumaru, Asklepios, etc)
How can you say Inumaru has become a cushion? It has been in the bottom five once for the first time, iirc. Until it becomes constantly (I would say at least 3 weeks) below Psyren, ala Asklepios and To-love, I don't think you can say it is cushioning Psyren. Just my two cents. Unless of course, you mean there are constantly being around three below it as of late and that's what's protecting it and you just named the ones in the bottom 5 this week. In which case, I think I misunderstood you ;).

I kind of feel bad, though at the moment, because I find myself hoping for certain manga to be the next ones cancelled so as the two new sports manga will stick around for a while. Any of the more than likely candidates to be the next one cancelled (I think we all know who those are) would be fine for me. Just as long as Meister and Kuroko stay around.

I haven't read Bokke-san yet, so I can't say for sure whether I'll like that too :darn.
 
Last edited:

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
no he also just hates inudash cause of the pantsless stuff and it not being psyren, so any faltering is a complete failure (i kid, i kid... or do i)

kuroko has a freakish charisma to it's advantage, gotta say i'm surprised randal doesn't like it :|
 

fxu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2007
Messages
847
Reaction score
1,103
Gender
Male
Country
Uruguay
We need a sports fighting manga. I liked K. O. Sen ;_;

Glad to see Psyren out of the bottom 5 twice in a row. yaaay
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
last week it was in the bottom 5 ¬_¬ this week it might be. if you remove the unranks that's only a bottom FOUR

also..... KO sen is probably the worst manga to have come out of last year in my opinion, it was just so generic... what was the appeal to you out of interest?
 

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
294
Gender
Male
Country
United States
we're slowly approaching a point in jump where even the low ranking series are excellent i swear.... give it a year and if some of the long runners haven't gone away then there'll be no winning with cancellations anymore...
Something always fails in Jump, pure and simple. At least there are some series like Asklepios which had initial hype which died away as the weeks went on so that should be going soon...and with Neuro's story pretty much nearing end game and To-Love being forced to probably do some sort of ending if it keeps it's losing streak up, it's just going to open the way for...well, new darlings that will push the old crap out.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top