Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
^I think most people agree that Part 2 is where Naruto goes wrong. XD

I really wish it would just end now.

#10 (02/02) :
6 Derniers :
To Love
Sket Dance
Meister
Mago
Askelpios
Jaguar

#11 (09/02) :
Naruto, Bleach, Reborn (Page Couleur)
Kouhei Fujino / One Shot
Fuck yeah, its great to see Psyren not in this list. Also seeing that To Love is not at the complete bottom like it has been makes me feel good too.
 

fxu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2007
Messages
847
Reaction score
1,103
Gender
Male
Country
Uruguay
Some series that need to be outright cut.

Jaguar, Inumaru, ToLOVE-Ru.

I'm sorry but they're just taking space for possible new GOOD series.
 

Heiji-sama

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Jump #10 (02/02) :
Toriko (Couv & Pc)
One Piece
Naruto
Baku-man
Bleach
Reborn (Pc)
Psyren
Es21
Inu
Neuro
Kochi
Gintama (Pc)
Bokke-san
Kuroko
Akatsuki Akira / Medaka Box
To Love
Sket Dance
Meister
Mago
Askelpios
Jaguar

Jump #11 (09/02) :
Naruto, Bleach, Reborn (Page Couleur)
Bangai Special Saint Valentin (To Love, Es21, Baku-man, Sket Dance, Reborn)
Kouhei Fujino / Buchikamashi
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Some series that need to be outright cut.

Jaguar, Inumaru, ToLOVE-Ru.

I'm sorry but they're just taking space for possible new GOOD series.
oh yes, because the 9 pages a week Jaguar takes up being one of shuiesha's best selling series should be replaced with something else... agreed on love trouble though, if only cause it's outlived it's welcome.

and it's time to shine again!:

1. One Piece
2. Naruto
3. Baku-man
4. Bleach
5. Psyren *hears randal cream and fxu be all creepy loli loving or something*
6. Es21
7. Inumaru dashi
8. Neuro
9. Bokke-san
10. Kuroko
11. To Love
12. Sket Dance
13. Meister
14. Mago
15. Askelpios


well at least shuiesha still believe in sket enough to include it in the bangai-hen next issue...

my small consolation this week is that inudashi is doing good still... ad that bokke-san and kuroko are both in the lower half... and will hopefully fall under meister
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Bokke-san is going to be a jojo, rollercoaster like neuro is and muhyo to roujie was. Anyway nice to see psyren that high. Then again we can't scream, laugh and party now. It needs confirmation (superstitious: let's not do a noodle :p). Sket dance and mx0 have been in those positions too. It can be worse next time but I kinda enjoy this ToC a lot this week
 
Last edited:

fxu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2007
Messages
847
Reaction score
1,103
Gender
Male
Country
Uruguay
._.


/Ignores it so as to not jinx it.

Hey, how is everybody doing today?!
 
Last edited:

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Bokke-san is going to be a jojo, rollercoaster like neuro is and muhyo to roujie was. Anyway nice to see psyren that high. Then again we can't scream, laugh and party now. It needs confirmation (superstitious: let's not do a noodle :p). Sket dance and mx0 have been in those positions too. It can be worse next time but I kinda enjoy this ToC a lot this week
it'd be so much more enjoyable if meister and sket swapped with bokke and kuroko (not that much higher but so much safer), but yeah it's pretty satisfactory sans bleach.

though i don't need to worry about sket now it's finally achieving better sales tank wise.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
it'd be so much more enjoyable if meister and sket swapped with bokke and kuroko (not that much higher but so much safer), but yeah it's pretty satisfactory sans bleach.

though i don't need to worry about sket now it's finally achieving better sales tank wise.
Yeah sket dance will certainly not be the cut. It's doing decent to good. Just like psyren it had its moments downside and I think it's pretty clear to say it has a decent jump audience to build on and sell more volumes in the future. I really can't talk about meister or kuroko, I have read none of them atm. But it is obvious jump wants a new sports serie in its magazine - certainly with PoT already gone for a while and es21 coming to an end. I think two sports seires have been released to avoid a ko sen, hands, dogashi, etc... So my guess: one of those two is certainly going to be a cut
 

Cipo

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2008
Messages
278
Reaction score
440
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Jump #10 (02/02) :
Toriko (Couv & Pc)
One Piece
Naruto
Baku-man
Bleach
Reborn (Pc)
Psyren
Es21
Inu
Neuro
Kochi
Gintama (Pc)
Bokke-san
Kuroko
Akatsuki Akira / Medaka Box
To Love
Sket Dance
Meister
Mago
Askelpios
Jaguar

Jump #11 (09/02) :
Naruto, Bleach, Reborn (Page Couleur)
Bangai Special Saint Valentin (To Love, Es21, Baku-man, Sket Dance, Reborn)
Kouhei Fujino / Buchikamashi
wtf, Bakuman in third position under Naruto and One Piece :notrust
And Psyren in 6th position *.* Fuck yeah *_____*
 

GARusashi

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2007
Messages
208
Reaction score
5
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
People appreciating the Inui arc in Psyren. FUCK YEAH. Maybe Iwashiro will use the kids more often now.
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
wtf, Bakuman in third position under Naruto and One Piece :notrust
And Psyren in 6th position *.* Fuck yeah *_____*
try fifth. psyren's fifth. colours and covers aren't included
 

Muddy

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
225
Reaction score
6
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Bizarre ToC but overall I'm cool with it. It sucks that Mago is second to last (sucks a lot!) and it probably sucks that Meister is that low as well but I haven't read it yet so I can't actually comment. What's good is Bakuman, Psyren (though I'm behind however many chapters, it must be good right now if the general Jump populace is voting it this high), and NEURO in the middle of the magazine!! Also, very cool to see Reborn getting two colors in a row, and Toriko on the cover has made me very happy ever since everyone was getting pissed off by what we thought was editor love.

I was thoroughly unimpressed by the first three chapters of Bokke-san but I think that may have been in large part due to the unclear translation. I appreciate the efforts of whoever was going at it but it just didn't read well and I think most of the explanations just went over my head. The premise isn't particularly appealing to me either, but neither was Muhyo's and we all know what happened there. I trust that the series could get good if given the chance, but at the moment I'm not at all invested in it.

I like Kuroko a helluva lot. I've never read Eyeshield, though, so apparently that may be why?

Also, I want a new manga by Aimoto Shou. I doubt one will materialize anytime soon but I miss that mangaka's very quirky/unique style and sense of humor.
 

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
294
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Interesting week overall: Psyren & Neuro up, middling to lower expectations for the newbies and a Gintama cover. And a bunch of big series (not One Piece) get colors next week...
 

Sexy Randal 105

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2007
Messages
1,052
Reaction score
37
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Holy shit! Psyren is the top five!? Hell just froze over. I'm happy. XD
 

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Some series that need to be outright cut.

Jaguar, Inumaru, ToLOVE-Ru.

I'm sorry but they're just taking space for possible new GOOD series.
oh yes, because the 9 pages a week Jaguar takes up being one of shuiesha's best selling series should be replaced with something else... agreed on love trouble though, if only cause it's outlived it's welcome.
I still have love for To Love. I'd personally like to see it end naturally, sad part is that I can't tell when that is. :darn

and it's time to shine again!:

1. One Piece
2. Naruto
3. Baku-man
4. Bleach
5. Psyren *hears randal cream and fxu be all creepy loli loving or something*
6. Es21
7. Inumaru dashi
8. Neuro
9. Bokke-san
10. Kuroko
11. To Love
12. Sket Dance
13. Meister
14. Mago
15. Askelpios
Bakuman on top of Bleach? Fuck yeah to that. And Toriko has been ranking higher than it as well. If Bleach can fall farther down the magazine I'll be happy. Maybe Kubo would finally get his act together.

Fuck yeah, Psyren at 5th place! ES21 has jumped up as well.

I am satisfied with this week. :D
 

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
How rare is it for a whole chapter to be coloured? :p
 

sir_arles

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2008
Messages
481
Reaction score
271
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Also happened with Slam Dunk, Rurouni Kenshin and several others... But It's true that we're talking about more than a decade ago, so....

In fact, I don't know why they stopped making full colored chapters, btw... =P


See ya
Nos vemos
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Also happened with Slam Dunk, Rurouni Kenshin and several others... But It's true that we're talking about more than a decade ago, so....

In fact, I don't know why they stopped making full colored chapters, btw... =P


See ya
Nos vemos
maybe because jump has no money to produce so many high-quality colored pages :p
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top