TV The LOST Thread: [SPOILERS]

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,736
Reaction score
17,767
Country
Torumekian Empire
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Oh man, the last two episodes have been awesome. I was kind of right, the whole thing is somewhat time paradoxal. And Locke is the man. I almost shed a tear when Sawyer and Kate met after 3 years. Almost. Sawyer keeps getting into nasty love triangles it seems :D

Only thing confusing me now is when are they now. Based on Sawyer's talk, I'd say its the late 70's, but that would mean Jack & Co. travelled back in time. However, when they first crashed, they stayed in the same time. What about Locke? Is he in the 21st century, or in the 70's? If the latter, it would mean that the others were lying when they said that nobody had crashed the island before. Didn't they say that? Can't be sure anymore, there is so much stuff that it's nearly impossible to completly stay on track :D

EDIT: Kinda funny, just noticed that the fifth season starts today on finnish television.
 
Last edited:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Oh man, the last two episodes have been awesome. I was kind of right, the whole thing is somewhat time paradoxal. And Locke is the man. I almost shed a tear when Sawyer and Kate met after 3 years. Almost. Sawyer keeps getting into nasty love triangles it seems :D

Only thing confusing me now is when are they now. Based on Sawyer's talk, I'd say its the late 70's, but that would mean Jack & Co. travelled back in time. However, when they first crashed, they stayed in the same time. What about Locke? Is he in the 21st century, or in the 70's? If the latter, it would mean that the others were lying when they said that nobody had crashed the island before. Didn't they say that? Can't be sure anymore, there is so much stuff that it's nearly impossible to completly stay on track :D

EDIT: Kinda funny, just noticed that the fifth season starts today on finnish television.
I believe that from what we can tell, Locke is in the present, while at least Jack, Kate, and Hurley are in 1974. It remains to be seen in what time Sun and Sayyid are in (I couldn't really tell from the previews, but it looks like Sayyid is in 1974).

And yeah...I wonder when this Jack-Sawyer partner swap is going to end sheesh.

I also want to know what Kate did with Aaron...that was really strange, and why Ben killed Locke? Was it because he didn't want Locke to be the leader of the Others if they made it back and Ben thought killing him before they got to the Island would be easier? Either way, Richard and Christian both told Locke that he would have to die in order for him to bring the others back. Also, where is Daniel? Did he leave the Island on the submarine? So many questions.....but at least we have an idea of where the three toed statue came from...but we don't know anything else about it.

What did Sawyer do to convince Horace to let them stay?
 

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

but at least we have an idea of where the three toed statue came from...but we don't know anything else about it.

it looked like it was holding an ankh in each hand. and the dude that died had an ankh-necklace.

coincidence? nah i dont think so. this friggin show doesnt have coincidences.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,736
Reaction score
17,767
Country
Torumekian Empire
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Also, where is Daniel? Did he leave the Island on the submarine?
...
What did Sawyer do to convince Horace to let them stay?
Well, as shown in the early episodes of the season (don't remember which) Daniel was working in the Orchid, doing some mining stuff. I'd presume he is there now too, I don't think he'd leave the little redhair, if he keeps stalking her it would explain why she thought he was scary.

I'm also eager to know what did convince Horace to let them stay.

About the Ankhs, nice spotting. I knew the necklace would have some meaning, but didn't really notice what the statue was holding. Yeah, there is no such thing as coincidence in Lost. But was does the Ankhs mean? Gods (Pharaohs) of the egyptian were aliens and the island was their other camp on earth? Or is the Island Atlantis? :p lol
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Image:FourToedFull.jpg

It does look like he's carrying two of them by the loops which corraborates with this.

Wikipedia said:
The ankh was the Egyptian hieroglyphic character that read "eternal life", a triliteral sign for the consonants ˁ-n-ḫ. Egyptian gods are often portrayed carrying it by its loop, or bearing one in each hand, arms crossed over their chest. It is also known as the key of life, the key of the Nile, or as crux ansata, Latin for "cross with a handle".
Interesting...it seems the fandom thinks that when the statued appeared they were in some sort of ancient time, which I find extremely intriguing.

Now we all know that the Island moves, could it be possible that the Island has some links to the Atlantis-Egypt myth? Why else would a seemingly Egyptian god be in effigy on and Island in the Pacific? It would also explain the use of hieroglyphics in the Swan Station Countdown timer, and the hieroglyphics on the temple.

More info here http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Hieroglyphs
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,736
Reaction score
17,767
Country
Torumekian Empire
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Makes sense. I threw the Atlantis as a joke, but thinking it more it isn't entirely impossible. Lost is such an unique series, started out as survivor drama, became an mystery/suspense/horror series, then some conspiracy stuff, then timetravel science fiction and next step is Egyptian mythology stuff? :D Not to even mention talking with ghosts and invisible men. Oh, and theres the War coming too ^^ You can never know what comes next, still somejow the package stays togeher without the whole thing going ridiculous...
 

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Richard looks kinda Egyptian doesnt he? and the guy does not seem to age...
could be he's one old S.O.B...?

edit:
pulled this off from wiki:

The first or given name Richard comes from the Germanic elements "ric" (ruler, leader, king) and "hard" (strong, brave), therefore it means 'powerful leader'
why am i not surprised?
 
Last edited:

OhDearMoshe

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2007
Messages
679
Reaction score
21
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Fun episode. Bit confused as to why Sun is the only one dumped into present time though.
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

But aren't Ben and Locke also in the present? Sun isn't the only one...

It was interesting to see young Ben again....and interacting with Sayid. I wondered if he'd show up. Seems like he might know that Sayid isn't one of the Others. How long do you think it will be until he massacres the Dharma Initiative?

And what the heck happened to Faraday?
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Faraday? Probably took the submarine, I'm guessing after he warned Charlie she needs to leave the Island.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Fun episode. Bit confused as to why Sun is the only one dumped into present time though.
I'm also confused by that, I still can't come to a conclusion on my own as to why she is in the Future, but the rest of the Oceanic Six are in the past.

But aren't Ben and Locke also in the present? Sun isn't the only one...

It was interesting to see young Ben again....and interacting with Sayid. I wondered if he'd show up. Seems like he might know that Sayid isn't one of the Others. How long do you think it will be until he massacres the Dharma Initiative?

And what the heck happened to Faraday?
Ben wasn't a member of the Oceanic Six, and neither was Locke. Locke was also dead, I think that has something to do with it.

Like ibra I also thought that Faraday must have left on a submarine but thinking back to earlier in the season, look here.

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Because_You_Left

Daniel was working on the construction of the Orchid station and also had a false name-tag (Joe), this leads me to believe that Faraday is in 1977, but has yet to be introduced. This also explains why Daniel had so much information on the Stations on the Island when he arrived in 2005. He's a time traveler through and through.

Faraday? Probably took the submarine, I'm guessing after he warned Charlie she needs to leave the Island.
I think that Charlotte must have died for two reasons, she was either born on the Island or she lived on the Island. Juliette lived on the Island and survived the time-leaps, so this leads me to believe that Charlotte was born there. Look here.

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Charlotte#Background

The crazy man she talked about when she was dying was Faraday.

I think the real question is whether Daniel was lying about how events in time can't be changed, (except for Desmond, who he claimed was "special") because it's obvious now that Daniel was involved in the Dharma Initiative at least covertly. Does that mean that the Survivors from the crash were "destined" for all of this? It hurts my head to think about it too much...
 

polaris

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2005
Messages
323
Reaction score
269
Gender
Male
Country
Cyprus
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

I think ben and sun are in the present because, they were in the island in the past. we saw young ben. maybe you cant be there at the same time with your young and old self. just an idea, high possible to be wrong, very high.
btw did you see that
Who do you think she is? charlotte?
 
Last edited:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

That's weird...in what part of the episode was that? Before they ran into The Monster? before they ran into Christian? Or after?

That's a good idea though, it would maybe explain why Charlotte died, though I don't think the year that they got stuck in was predetermined...or maybe this was destiny all over again?

Although, it wouldn't add up with Sawyer. Sawyer was obviously on the Island when Claire gave birth and yet he didn't die. So maybe that theory isn't as strong :p Same with Jin >_>

It was an interesting one though.
 

polaris

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2005
Messages
323
Reaction score
269
Gender
Male
Country
Cyprus
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

That's weird...in what part of the episode was that? Before they ran into The Monster? before they ran into Christian? Or after?

That's a good idea though, it would maybe explain why Charlotte died, though I don't think the year that they got stuck in was predetermined...or maybe this was destiny all over again?

Although, it wouldn't add up with Sawyer. Sawyer was obviously on the Island when Claire gave birth and yet he didn't die. So maybe that theory isn't as strong :p Same with Jin >_>

It was an interesting one though.
The pic from Lost.S05E09.HDTV.XviD-NoTV ---> 34:15~34:20
And yes, the birth scene was in my mind too; but i choose to explain it with that island's being in blue screen mode. you know, with flashes and time changes for short moments until locke pushed the wheel.
But yeah as you said not strong:amuse
 

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

The pic from Lost.S05E09.HDTV.XviD-NoTV ---> 34:15~34:20
pic doesnt work for me. whats on it?

edit:
no wait let me guess, the girl behind Sun?
 
Last edited:

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

I think that Charlotte must have died for two reasons, she was either born on the Island or she lived on the Island. Juliette lived on the Island and survived the time-leaps, so this leads me to believe that Charlotte was born there. Look here.
IIRC she was born there, but the reason she died was according to Faraday that she has lived there longer than any of of the others, which made the time leaps more deadly. A far-fetched guess, but maybe burying the bomb didn't completely stop the radiation 100%...

But I completley forgot about Faraday working at the orchid. So either they lied about his whereabouts or he tricked them into believing he left. Either way I think he's trying to change the time, even if he doesn't believe it's possible so he can save Charlotte.


polaris said:
Who do you think she is? charlotte?
I am almost sure. We haven't exactly seen anyotehr woman with red hair so far and all the characters around Christian so far are ones we know.
 
Last edited:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

IIRC she was born there, but the reason she died was according to Faraday that she has lived there longer than any of of the others, which made the time leaps more deadly. A far-fetched guess, but maybe burying the bomb didn't completely stop the radiation 100%...

But I completley forgot about Faraday working at the orchid. So either they lied about his whereabouts or he tricked them into believing he left. Either way I think he's trying to change the time, even if he doesn't believe it's possible so he can save Charlotte.
Charlotte never explicitly said that she was born on the Island. She said that she "grew up" there or spent some of her childhood there, and that she left the Island with her Mother at some point. This contradicts the information Ben had on her that stated she was born in England, so I think we can only assume that she died because she was born there.

Also, I don't remember Faraday explaining why Charlotte died ibra...

Who lied about his whereabouts? I think Daniel didn't do any of those things. He was assigned as a workman at the building site of the Orchid Station and we just haven't seen him yet IMO.

I am almost sure. We haven't exactly seen anyotehr woman with red hair so far and all the characters around Christian so far are ones we know.
People speculate that it was a production assistant who was caught in the shot by mistake, or that it is Charlotte. If it is Charlotte, why is she wearing a graphic tee? The T-Shirt the person wearing is Black and appears to have a white graphic on it. Christian and Claire looked to be wearing the same thing they had on before they became messengers of Jacob. Christian has had the same wardrobe the entire time, except recently he has been sans suit jacket. "Why the wardrobe change?" is my question to that theory.
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

Who lied about his whereabouts? I think Daniel didn't do any of those things. He was assigned as a workman at the building site of the Orchid Station and we just haven't seen him yet IMO.
When Jack asks Sawyer if Faraday is "here", he responds "not anymore". If that implies that he's somewhere else on the Island, then it's pretty misleading.

xi0 said:
Also, I don't remember Faraday explaining why Charlotte died ibra...
You know, I am having major memory problems it seems.. but I could have sworn he explained to somebody that the reason Charlotte was bleeding was becaused she was exposed to the Island more than any of the rest.


Just rewatched the scene and I can see the graphic tee. IF it is a mistake, then it's pretty amateur and maybe they'll try to cover it up by making that person appear. If not then it's either Claire or Charlotte and what we see is caused by the mist or weird lighting. Either way that person really doesn't matter much.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

When Jack asks Sawyer if Faraday is "here", he responds "not anymore". If that implies that he's somewhere else on the Island, then it's pretty misleading.
Wow, I completely missed that, you're right. I still think that maybe Faraday is there incognito though.

You know, I am having major memory problems it seems.. but I could have sworn he explained to somebody that the reason Charlotte was bleeding was becaused she was exposed to the Island more than any of the rest.


Just rewatched the scene and I can see the graphic tee. IF it is a mistake, then it's pretty amateur and maybe they'll try to cover it up by making that person appear. If not then it's either Claire or Charlotte and what we see is caused by the mist or weird lighting. Either way that person really doesn't matter much.
Yeah I don't know if I recall Faraday saying that...hmmm
 

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
Re: The LOST Thread: Beware of SPOILERS!!!

This show is going nuts, I was anxious to see Sun and Jins reunion, now I have to wait. And if I was Sayed, I would snap kid Bens neck on the spot. Thats going to be interesting to see what Sayed will do.

And whats up with this love square between Kate, Sawyer, Jack and that blond chick(I cant recall her name). Everybody is hooking up with each other. They might as well have a foursome :tem
 
Top