Discussion The Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
This is terrible.
Now granted, Barca vs Bayern is an amazing match I was hoping to see, but MU just became a favorite for the final.
Which is fine if Liverpool makes it to the final, they can drop another 4 on them.

But to get there they have to take out EVERYONE.. the sad thing is they may be exhausted from all the games and not be able to play as well in the final.
Chelsea: tough, possibly injure either Torres or Gerrard
Barca or Bayern: Even tougher, both teams would exhaust Liverpool and force them to give up that weekends PL game to rest its starting 11.
MU final, now they actually have to show up and play well.

My hope is Porto pulls the upset, or at least Arsenal gets its act together with the return of Cesc.. can Arshavin play in the finals or not?..
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Hahaa, i know you are not happy right now Mendes. Man Utd vs Porto, i wasn't expecting that. But i'm not going to count our chickens before they hatch, any Man Utd fan should remember that we were knock out by Porto in the first knock-out round during the 2004 CL.
United's not the same team they were in '04... I wished to avoid MU and Barça so bad coz both of them seem completely unaccessible for Porto. I can't even dream of going through the semi-finals, I guess I'll be happy if we avoid the humiliation.
 

thsv

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
280
Reaction score
35
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
You guys are pissed at your Champions League draws? If Harry had taken the UEFA Cup seriously we'd have a very high chance of winning it this season. That is a fairly weaken lineup for the quarter finals.


Yaye! :) :D :D :o :p

Tottenham 1 Chelsea 0

:pwned :smile-big

After 17 years of getting raped in the league We've managed 3 years on the trot of preventing Chelsea taking 3 points from us. And yet to drop 3 points against the Big 4 this season. Now if only we could learn to beat Hull at home....

Yes I know we've done Arsenal a favour but at this point its more important that we stay up than they fail to qualify for the Champion's League next season

:pleased :pleased :pleased :pleased
 
Last edited:

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
I wish for Man U and Barca to reach the finals. Last year they met in the semifinals and it was 2 english teams for the first time in the finals and its was great, but Id love to see to different countries going at it in the finals, and who better than Man U and Barca. A rematch from last year but in the finals.

Im not a fan of Chelsea or Liverpool but if I had to choose one to advance it would be Chelsea. Liverpool makes me paranoid, especially after what happen last week against Man U
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
I was listening to the united-fulham match, and it was amazing. Comedy at its best. :p
You guys are pissed at your Champions League draws? If Harry had taken the UEFA Cup seriously we'd have a very high chance of winning it this season. That is a fairly weaken lineup for the quarter finals.
We have the second leg at home against villareal, and whoever we have in the semi-finals. So im very happy with the CL draw. :smile-big

And yea, if sp*rs and villa took the uefa cup more seriously then it would infinitely more interesting, but you lot have a relagation plight to worry about and villa dont have the squad depth (or does he not trust them...?=/).

Newcastle - Arsenal - A tale of bad defending and bad finishing....from both sides. >.>;

And now for villa - liverpool. I feel kinda weird though, last week everyone around me were going COYS and now its going to YNWA...wtf :s
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Bayern vs Barca.. this match will decide it all. Honestly all of you ALL OF YOU are underestimating Bayern. And I'm going to publicly state Bayern will win at least one of the two matches.. probably lose in Aggregate, but.. I think they have it at home maybe.
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN

Liverpool - Chelsea

I LOVE CL since they somehow always pair Liverpool together with Chelsea in the semi's.

Let's just hope for another awesome semi-final round and Liverpool against Man U in the finals!
 

Hayashida

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 6, 2008
Messages
214
Reaction score
36
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Tottenham 1 Chelsea 0
the result didnt really bother me till i read fulham snapped manU, way to drop the ball again chelsea. it's good though, hopefully guus will focus on fixing some problems as opposed to the title we were never going to get. well played though, that lennon is a monster

Liverpool - Chelsea

I LOVE CL since they somehow always pair Liverpool together with Chelsea in the semi's.
thats why the CL annoys me...its.just.not.possible.
five years in a row? that ***t is rigged


edit; seems to be alot of people from asian countries around here, does anyone follow any asian teams in the ACL?
Central Coast Mariners (my home team) have done alright so far in the group stages, though we are against kawasaki fontale next and theyll probably give us a flogging

asian football ftw
 
Last edited:

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
I am very happy Queiroz finally chose Edinho for the national squad. You'll see Mendes what I've been saying since last year, you will finally have a classic superb foward to place in front of your incredible wingers. Now if you could just get a goalkeeper =p

Anyway, its world cup time, any predictions?
As for Greece, I'm hoping for a tie, I don't think we are desperate for this win with Israel right now, not that I don't hope we win, but I think we have a good amount of points thus far and that after this game we'll continue to be in first place and should conserve our energy. Although Gekas will want to score because he's not getting any play time in Portsmouth. Although I don't know how to feel about Benayoun stating he will play against Greece even if it means injury and not playing for Liverpool.. are Israeli's that anti-Greek that he'd be willing to sacrifice Ch. League play time? w/e
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I am very happy Queiroz finally chose Edinho for the national squad. You'll see Mendes what I've been saying since last year, you will finally have a classic superb foward to place in front of your incredible wingers. Now if you could just get a goalkeeper =p
But where did you see that? I looked into the selection he's gonna take against Sweden and Albania and I don't find any Edinho... besides, he's only got 6 goals in 22 matches in Greece, so I don't see how would Queiroz find him...
GK isn't that much of a problem. There are some nice ones in the league, and Eduardo must make his 1st official match. As long as Ricardo doesnt come back, its forward and left winger positions I'm still worried about
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Uefa.com.. are they not reliable? Plus a whole lot of Greek websites..

Do not base your opinion on statistics please. At least use last seasons. Aek Athens is in an abysmal state and the very fact that they're about to conquer 2nd place is just a result of what an incredible coach Bajevic is. AEK Athens no longer has Rivaldo, in fact they sold two of their playmakers last season and currently they play with Defenders and Forwards. No I shit you not. A team in the same league that dropped 5-0 on Benfica and 1-0 on Inter Milan, as well as continuously drops 3-0 on Bremen (from both Olympiacos and Panathinaikos) is about to fairly (no referee b.s.) get second place without ANY midfielders. The 'players' if you can call them that that are midfielders right now are all defensive and aside from an 18 year old wonder-boy that has been saving them recently.

Point is, Edinho should have scored 19 goals right now, and is only outdone by Ismael Blanco who should play for Villareal/Sevilla or some other Spanish club that is a tier lower than Barca/Real.
 

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
I haven't really followed what Queiroz has done in Portugal, is he doing a good job? Personally I think Man Utd miss him.
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I think I checked the wrong list. Its just that I've been watching many tv football forums where they say Hugo Almeida is the only center forward we've got. Edinho is a total unknown in Portugal and its unusual for a player in a foreign minor league to get attention from the national coach, despite his quality. Even so being a forward with a low goal-match ratio. I'm not saying he's not good, but I didnt see that coming. Of course we welcome new talented forwards anytime.

T.D.A said:
I haven't really followed what Queiroz has done in Portugal, is he doing a good job? Personally I think Man Utd miss him.
He's not doing great... many people gave up the hope to qualify to 2010 WC. Personally, he was my 1st choice to replace Scolari, so I'm hoping for a turn around, but we HAVE TO win the match against Sweden to stay in the race
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Good luck have fun Mendes. :-D

May the best country win!

*takes on a swedish tee and runs to get the flag*
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Good luck have fun Mendes. :-D

May the best country win!

*takes on a swedish tee and runs to get the flag*
Bah... another match where we dominated and created Tons of chances and we just can't get a goal in... our finishing problems are drastic, and I didnt even see Edinho on the bench... he's probably going to have his chance in the friendly match this tuesday. Man I wish Liedson naturalizes soon...
 

Pirulito

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
3,346
Reaction score
726
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Yesteryear was Messi on Weekly Shonen Jump cover.

This time is C. Ronaldo on Weekly Shonen Magazine cover.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Yesteryear was Messi on Weekly Shonen Jump cover.

This time is C. Ronaldo on Weekly Shonen Magazine cover.
I kno! i saw tha when i was reading Fairy Tail 129, i was like WTF??! Cristiano:s

and when was Messi on WSJ? I don't think I've seen that cover or haven't paid attention to it...
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Speaking of soccer, anyone playing hattrick?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top